Trump Orders Strikes on Syria Over Suspected Chemical Weapons Attack

Aero

Superstar
Well the whole liberal agenda right now is to gas light Trump. So some shit probably has to get blown up. That's just how it is.

I don't know what the liberals are really thinking though. They basically did a total 180 after Obama left office. I'm being serious. Liberals were supposed to be the smart ones. You know? The ones mostly interested in policies. Now they are all about the gossip, and it's fucking embarrassing.

Well the whole liberal agenda right now is to gas light Trump. So some shit probably has to get blown up. That's just how it is.

I don't know what the liberals are really thinking though. They basically did a total 180 after Obama left office. I'm being serious. Liberals were supposed to be the smart ones. You know? The ones mostly interested in policies. Now they are all about the gossip, and it's fucking embarrassing.
Wait so its liberals fault that Trump went back on his word?

Helioform

Star
US media love war more than they hate Trump & egg him on to strike Syria
https://www.rt.com/op-ed/424057-us-media-trump-syria
"The reality Mr. Trump has not yet faced is that as long as the dictator he called "Animal Assad" remains in place, Syria's wars will continue, breeding Islamist terrorists and propelling refugees toward Europe," said the Post. But the reality is the opposite: it is the US' war of regime change in Syria that has prolonged the war, bred Islamist terrorists, and propelled refugees toward Europe, and the Post is calling for continuing that regime change operation.
The truth right there. But at least Trump ended the CIA's program to arm Syria's rebels last year.

The Zone

Star
Wait so its liberals fault that Trump went back on his word?
I think the thing here Koncrete is that liberals today are not the liberals of yesteryear.

As for this strike, it is clear it was showy and did little strategic damage. For all the bluster, it was a minor slap on the wrist save the innocent who may have been killed. Perhaps it was a message to North Korea or maybe it was to appease the war mongering Deep State or even a combination of this and more. My hunch, be it right or wrong, is that there will be no actual retaliation or escalation at this time.

I don't think by any means that people in the US love war though. In fact, I hope congress passes the bill to send it through channels before happening with concern to strikes. I will concede that many are dumbed down to the strikes as they were watching their sports teams or whatever else. Google still lists the Kardasians (SP - I don't know how to spell those bitches names) and other stuff atop the news when you go there which is ridiculous. The US media also insulated people here from hearing differing views before said strike.

Violette

Star
So Assad attacked his own people with chemicals after he already won the war? Smells like BS

Zoidberg

Established
Haha! I'm so happy about this planned attack. I could tell from President Trump's voice and eyes when mentioning the attack -- he was indeed tired. President Trump and General Mattis have been thinking about it, for a long time, I could tell. The attacks on Syria were made to destroy chemical weapon units in Syria and aboard. The ships from the United States are made to bring the troops from Syria, back home. These attacks were made to make the deep-state go into a chaos (the people who funded ISIS, itself), and to send a message.

Zoidberg

Established
So Assad attacked his own people with chemicals after he already won the war? Smells like BS
Deepstate is very deadly with using deception. But we have good people fighting against them. No worries :)

I think the thing here Koncrete is that liberals today are not the liberals of yesteryear.

As for this strike, it is clear it was showy and did little strategic damage. For all the bluster, it was a minor slap on the wrist save the innocent who may have been killed. Perhaps it was a message to North Korea or maybe it was to appease the war mongering Deep State or even a combination of this and more. My hunch, be it right or wrong, is that there will be no actual retaliation or escalation at this time.

I don't think by any means that people in the US love war though. In fact, I hope congress passes the bill to send it through channels before happening with concern to strikes. I will concede that many are dumbed down to the strikes as they were watching their sports teams or whatever else. Google still lists the Kardasians (SP - I don't know how to spell those bitches names) and other stuff atop the news when you go there which is ridiculous. The US media also insulated people here from hearing differing views before said strike.
What difference are you seeing between the liberals of today and yesteryear? The only difference I notice is that since Obama came around, they feel more empowered since he catered to them. I think with Trump, they see a regression from that empowerment which is why they're so against him. . With that said, to me it seemed like Aero was blaming liberals for Trump making this move which doesnt make sense to me. But maybe I misunderstood his post

In regards to everything else you said, I agree for the most part. Though I see with every action there is a reaction so I think his move will have some type of repercussions though Im not sure what they'll be. Eventually I see all these type of interventions the US has done over time coming back to bite them (imo). Its only a question of when...

Haha! I'm so happy about this planned attack. I could tell from President Trump's voice and eyes when mentioning the attack -- he was indeed tired. President Trump and General Mattis have been thinking about it, for a long time, I could tell. The attacks on Syria were made to destroy chemical weapon units in Syria and aboard. The ships from the United States are made to bring the troops from Syria, back home. These attacks were made to make the deep-state go into a chaos (the people who funded ISIS, itself), and to send a message.
However we should not be doing this as it will just piss them off. We need to get out of a region we do not belong in. I support Trump in every regard except for this.

Aero

Superstar
If the U.S wanted to actually declare war they could of years ago. In Syria or Iran for that matter. All it comes down to, and all it's ever come down to. Is who is the U.S President, and who is around him most. Most people don't get that once you get involved in an armed conflict you are screwed no matter what. In the eye of public opinion I mean.

My first instinct about Syria was it was some kind of war game. Testing weapons in real time battle. And it's crazy to think why anyone would sign up for that. The country is ruined. Like ancient artifacts got wiped out. Chemical weapons have been deployed (on both sides). But that all still seems to be true.

rainerann

Star
When I see the liberal media showing support for Trump in regard to Syria, I feel even more grateful that Hillary didn't win the presidency. God only knows what the media would be pushing right now if they had a president they supported the way they supported Clinton because everyone has to know that this thing with Syria was planned long before the last election we had.

I mean really, we are seeing why it was such a priority for Hillary to win the primary instead of Sanders playing out right before our eyes. This is why Sanders lost the primary. This is supposed to be Clinton's moment to shine. Hillary was supposed to be able to have this privilege as well as the privilege of appointing new supreme justices. I am not a Trump supporter especially with this Syria thing, but I still thank God for Pizzagate making it impossible for Hillary Clinton to become president right now. Just picture what CNN would be saying right now if Clinton had been in the driver's seat if they are praising Trump.

We could be advancing to world war 3 at a much faster pace with the support they already had for Clinton. The whole thing just makes me feel sick.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/apr/09/liberals-donald-trump-syria-missile-strikes

Golden Age

Established
@rainerann: "When I see the liberal media showing support for Trump in regard to Syria, I feel even more grateful that Hillary didn't win the presidency. God only knows what the media would be pushing right now if they had a president they supported the way they supported Clinton because everyone has to know that this thing with Syria was planned long before the last election we had.
I mean really, we are seeing why it was such a priority for Hillary to win the primary instead of Sanders playing out right before our eyes. This is why Sanders lost the primary. This is supposed to be Clinton's moment to shine. Hillary was supposed to be able to have this privilege as well as the privilege of appointing new supreme justices. I am not a Trump supporter especially with this Syria thing, but I still thank God for Pizzagate making it impossible for Hillary Clinton to become president right now. Just picture what CNN would be saying right now if Clinton had been in the driver's seat if they are praising Trump.
We could be advancing to world war 3 at a much faster pace with the support they already had for Clinton. The whole thing just makes me feel sick.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/apr/09/liberals-donald-trump-syria-missile-strikes"

Agree with everything you said, except, Hillary winning the Democratic Party nomination. She stole it from Sanders and he never tried to stop her.

rainerann

Star
@rainerann: "When I see the liberal media showing support for Trump in regard to Syria, I feel even more grateful that Hillary didn't win the presidency. God only knows what the media would be pushing right now if they had a president they supported the way they supported Clinton because everyone has to know that this thing with Syria was planned long before the last election we had.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/apr/09/liberals-donald-trump-syria-missile-strikes"

Agree with everything you said, except, Hillary winning the Democratic Party nomination. She stole it from Sanders and he never tried to stop her.
I don't disagree with you. She stole it and had some people willing to help her do it. I mean the woman wasn't even campaigning before the primary because she was in the Benghazi hearing during that whole time. You hardly even knew she was running until she won. Considering the Benghazi thing, I find it hard to believe there weren't expectations to initiate something with Syria when she was getting ready to run for president and a media who will support the response of someone they hate would be praising the response of someone they love till they started the next war quicker than this one is able to get off the ground considering the narrative they have to maintain to show consistency with their reporting of the somewhat recent election. The media has to be careful to not look like the warmongers they are if this is the only thing they have shown any semblance of support for Trump since he became president. They have to downplay their cheerleading for war.

Golden Age

Established
@rainerann
I'm less concerned about Hillary now, tbh.
She is 'soiled' goods and very few Americans (under the age of 40) want her anywhere near the White House.
I'm more concerned with Sanders.
I have real concerns about his 'lack of a spine' when it comes to fighting the establishment on Capitol Hill. He shows no spirit, no passion, limited sincerity and is happy to roll over at the drop of hat. Moreover, i think the 'peoples champion' has to be either an independent candidate
or representative of a third (yet to be formed) party.

If nobody credible emerges, Trump is in for a second term.