Trump Impeachment

This is going to go like Clinton's Impeachment went.

That's is to say, it's not going to mean anything. He'll remain in office, since his own party will protect him. Nothing will come of it. And if something does come of it, it's because it's planned for a greater reason; he'll say something stupid on Twitter, one of his cultists will do something stupid, and both parties will find all the more reason to strengthen the police state.

Thunderian

Superstar
lol

AOC Calls Impeachment ‘Boring,’ Says She’s ‘Over It’
Representative Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D., NY) told supporters during a town hall in Queens on Thursday that impeachment proceedings against President Trump were “boring” and distracted from the goal of “social and economic and racial justice in the United States of America.”​
“He should have been impeached a long time ago. I’m over it. And so that’s how I feel about it because we’ve got work to do,” she said, before going on to argue that “impeachment of this president is the short-term action we need to preserve our democracy, but if we are really going to thrive as a country, we need to make long-term investments.”​
Ocasio-Cortez, who has long been an advocate of impeaching the president, also pushed back against allegations of misconduct by House Intelligence Committee chairman Adam Schiff (D., Calif.), who apparently learned of the whistleblower complaint before it was filed, according to a New York Times report.​

Lisa

Superstar
lol

AOC Calls Impeachment ‘Boring,’ Says She’s ‘Over It’

Representative Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D., NY) told supporters during a town hall in Queens on Thursday that impeachment proceedings against President Trump were “boring” and distracted from the goal of “social and economic and racial justice in the United States of America.”​

“He should have been impeached a long time ago. I’m over it. And so that’s how I feel about it because we’ve got work to do,” she said, before going on to argue that “impeachment of this president is the short-term action we need to preserve our democracy, but if we are really going to thrive as a country, we need to make long-term investments.”​

Ocasio-Cortez, who has long been an advocate of impeaching the president, also pushed back against allegations of misconduct by House Intelligence Committee chairman Adam Schiff (D., Calif.), who apparently learned of the whistleblower complaint before it was filed, according to a New York Times report.​
The one calling for it is over it?

Aero

Superstar
It's kind of funny how people still can't recognize a double agent, even when it's painfully obvious. All of this impeachment stuff is probably one of the biggest illusions of our time. It's so perfect that the even person who designed it is probably like, damn, did I make this too real or something?

polymoog

Superstar
“He should have been impeached a long time ago. I’m over it. And so that’s how I feel about it because we’ve got work to do,” she said, before
thats her talking....

going on to argue that “impeachment of this president is the short-term action we need to preserve our democracy, but if we are really going to thrive as a country, we need to make long-term investments.”
thats her handlers talking. and theyre smart enough to know that an impeachment process will end up like the russian collusion fiasco (nothing) which could only turn people away from the democratic party. the dems should focus their energy on a strategy to win the 2020 election.

Thunderian

Superstar
thats her talking....

thats her handlers talking. and theyre smart enough to know that an impeachment process will end up like the russian collusion fiasco (nothing) which could only turn people away from the democratic party. the dems should focus their energy on a strategy to win the 2020 election.
I think so, too. The impeachment train went off the rails pretty quickly, and the message is being changed on the fly.

“Impeachment? No one wants impeachment. Who said we wanted impeachment?”

This is going to fizzle, but the crazies aren’t going to like it at all.

Axl888

Established
Joe Biden is the only loser here...very well played by leftist democrats thinking if they cant take down trump, biden will still be out of the picture and his votes will most likely go to the more left leaning democrat candidate/s.

Aero

Superstar
This may shock you all, but I saw a CNN analyst hit the nail on the head. The impeachment drama is taking the air away from all the Democratic candidates. Most of whom, never got much air to begin with.

It's a problem on several fronts. First, it's a red herring that is just going to distract everyone. Second, it renders the entire democratic process into a toss-up. And lastly, it lowers the bar on what the average democrat will accept in a candidate.

ohhi9876

Veteran
This may shock you all, but I saw a CNN analyst hit the nail on the head. The impeachment drama is taking the air away from all the Democratic candidates. Most of whom, never got much air to begin with.

It's a problem on several fronts. First, it's a red herring that is just going to distract everyone. Second, it renders the entire democratic process into a toss-up. And lastly, it lowers the bar on what the average democrat will accept in a candidate.
betting odds have shifted to warren - not biden - bernie is sick... so
i do not understand how people are saying it is nothing or over (impeachment)
romney just came out against T, among others...

i agree it is a distraction and more chaos...

ohhi9876

Veteran
betting odds have shifted to warren - not biden - bernie is sick... so
i do not understand how people are saying it is nothing or over (impeachment)
romney just came out against T, among others...

i agree it is a distraction and more chaos...

Sen. Susan Collins (R-Maine) on Saturday became the 3rd Republican senator to break ranks with GOP leadership and condemn President Trump's public call for China to investigate former Vice President Joe Biden and his son, according to the Bangor Daily News.
The big picture: Collins joins Sens. Mitt Romney (R-Utah) and Ben Sasse (R-Neb.) in publicly criticizing Trump's comments, which he made just days after Democrats launched a formal impeachment inquiry over revelations that he had made the same request to the president of Ukraine.

https://www.axios.com/susan-collins-trump-china-biden-28617b34-11f8-46f3-b3cc-2db1efbe9757.html

ohhi9876

Veteran
Sen. Susan Collins (R-Maine) on Saturday became the 3rd Republican senator to break ranks with GOP leadership and condemn President Trump's public call for China to investigate former Vice President Joe Biden and his son, according to the Bangor Daily News.
The big picture: Collins joins Sens. Mitt Romney (R-Utah) and Ben Sasse (R-Neb.) in publicly criticizing Trump's comments, which he made just days after Democrats launched a formal impeachment inquiry over revelations that he had made the same request to the president of Ukraine.

https://www.axios.com/susan-collins-trump-china-biden-28617b34-11f8-46f3-b3cc-2db1efbe9757.html
so senate is 53 gop - 47 dems and I. Say the 3 gop vote w dems - vote tied 50-50 - pence then has tiebreaking vote to make himself pres??? wow.

update: I just read they need a super majority - not just 51 votes... so 20 GOP votes and dems...

Last edited:

saki

Star
Any impeachment would have to include an investigation into what Biden's son was up to in Ukraine in the first place, and what Joe Biden was doing when he threatened to withhold a billion dollars from Ukraine if they didn't get rid of the prosecutor who was investigating Hunter Biden.

"If the prosecutor's not fired, you're not getting the money." - Biden, to Ukraine
...."And Now..... Heeeeeeeeere's Johnny"!

Swiftturtle

Established
I get that ppl have varying opinions of trump, but it baffles me when ppl don’t do research and see the patterns he follows. He’s always been an avid student of Sun Tzu (https://www.goodreads.com/author/quotes/1771.Sun_Tzu). One of the most beneficial talking points that’s works in his favor is that he’s ‘dumb..a buffoon...a fool’. Simple searches show the following:
-In profile pieces, including one in the NYT, they talk about how he’s able to recall details as if he’s a human file cabinet. That rarely are there copious notes/files- he keeps the info ‘in his head’
-Ppl reference him being a failure in Atlantic City. That’s some murky water after a redacted FBI file release showing he was an informant against the mob that was taking over AC. Somehow he swooped in at the beginning of the investigation and dipped out on a bankruptcy claim after he finished being an informant and they’d rooted out the mob. Maybe he fell face first, maybe he didn’t care and he did it to protect his own interests in NYC, but either way, ?!
-The way he smooth talked and tricked fortune into naming him as one of the wealthiest men when he couldn’t get a bank to give him a loan after his bankruptcies had me gobsmacked. He manipulated them into adding him to that list, then used the list as ‘proof’ he’d recovered in order to get loans...I’m still baffled
-Nikola Tesla had two close confidants...one was Trump’s uncle. His uncle was the FBI agent that retrieved Tesla’s papers re:zero gravity, free energy, and how to combat their potential abuse for nefarious reasons. He was close to that uncle- there’s no way he didn’t hear stories
-he has an entire chapter in his Art of the Deal about ‘revenge.’ The strategy behind waiting for the perfect timing to inflict maximum effect and ‘always getting revenge.’
-he’s always refused to use email/computer, keeping anything digital minimal. If they had anything blackmail worthy, they would’ve released it a long time ago.
-He was able to out maneuver people in deals using bizarre methods...like having multiple women purchase pieces of land as a cover so competitors wouldn’t know he was buying the whole collective until it was too late
-supposedly he had a private security team, that included ex-intelligence people, that was second to none. He still uses them for himself/family, even with SS. The head of security has been with him for decades

He’s lit a fire under ppl that never cared about voting, goaded people into painting themselves into corners then mocks them relentlessly, and he’s making MSM look like idiots. I think the whistleblower was a set up, that they fed that info as bait, fully intending on releasing the call transcript... and I think he loves the impeachment narrative. It gives him a ‘look what they’re doing to all of us- bc you voted for me and they’re searching for a way to render your opinion void’

I can’t find his IQ listed anywhere reputable, just references to how strategic and smart he is- including how he’s “two different people.” In public he’s brash, uses simple language, slogan phrases, bullet point stats...he plays up that persona on purpose to get attention, then slips in things he wants ppl to know (like how he does on twitter when he wants a tweet to get coverage, he says something he knows will bring criticism bc it also shows the ‘meat’ of his tweet). Privately, he’s supposedly calm, detailed, and efficient (based on accounts of people that worked on big projects with him).

I think he relishes being underestimated and mocked bc it allows him to pull sympathy with die hard supporters while outwitting people who think he has rocks between his ears. Hate him or love him, he continues to surprise me. He’d love an impeachment, bc the trial would be in the Rep senate, with public testimony from any witness his lawyers subpoena. It gives him the opportunity to get tons of stuff out in public legally that ppl would otherwise chastise him for releasing as unclassified docs that make others look bad. He can’t ‘be blamed’ if something is revealed during witness testimony bc he’s ‘just defending himself, they forced his hand, he didn’t want to.’ Meanwhile, while it’s a circus in the House, he just keeps pointing out the big things they haven’t voted on bc they’re fixated on him instead of the best interests of their constituents. It’s masterful

Last edited:

saki

Star
I get that ppl have varying opinions of trump, but it baffles me when ppl don’t do research and see the patterns he follows. He’s always been an avid student of Sun Tzu (https://www.goodreads.com/author/quotes/1771.Sun_Tzu). One of the most beneficial talking points that’s works in his favor is that he’s ‘dumb..a buffoon...a fool’. Simple searches show the following:
-In profile pieces, including one in the NYT, they talk about how he’s able to recall details as if he’s a human file cabinet. That rarely are there copious notes/files- he keeps the info ‘in his head’
-Ppl reference him being a failure in Atlantic City. That’s some murky water after a redacted FBI file release showing he was an informant against the mob that was taking over AC. Somehow he swooped in at the beginning of the investigation and dipped out on a bankruptcy claim after he finished being an informant and they’d rooted out the mob. Maybe he fell face first, maybe he didn’t care and he did it to protect his own interests in NYC, but either way, ?!
-The way he smooth talked and tricked fortune into naming him as one of the wealthiest men when he couldn’t get a bank to give him a loan after his bankruptcies had me gobsmacked. He manipulated them into adding him to that list, then used the list as ‘proof’ he’d recovered in order to get loans...I’m still baffled
-Nikola Tesla had two close confidants...one was Trump’s uncle. His uncle was the FBI agent that retrieved Tesla’s papers re:zero gravity, free energy, and how to combat their potential abuse for nefarious reasons. He was close to that uncle- there’s no way he didn’t hear stories
-he has an entire chapter in his Art of the Deal about ‘revenge.’ The strategy behind waiting for the perfect timing to inflict maximum effect and ‘always getting revenge.’
-he’s always refused to use email/computer, keeping anything digital minimal. If they had anything blackmail worthy, they would’ve released it a long time ago.
-He was able to out maneuver people in deals using bizarre methods...like having multiple women purchase pieces of land as a cover so competitors wouldn’t know he was buying the whole collective until it was too late
-supposedly he had a private security team, that included ex-intelligence people, that was second to none. He still uses them for himself/family, even with SS. The head of security has been with him for decades

He’s lit a fire under ppl that never cared about voting, goaded people into painting themselves into corners then mocks them relentlessly, and he’s making MSM look like idiots. I think the whistleblower was a set up, that they fed that info as bait, fully intending on releasing the call transcript... and I think he loves the impeachment narrative. It gives him a ‘look what they’re doing to all of us- bc you voted for me and they’re searching for a way to render your opinion void’

I can’t find his IQ listed anywhere reputable, just references to how strategic and smart he is- including how he’s “two different people.” In public he’s brash, uses simple language, slogan phrases, bullet point stats...he plays up that persona on purpose to get attention, then slips in things he wants ppl to know (like how he does on twitter when he wants a tweet to get coverage, he says something he knows will bring criticism bc it also shows the ‘meat’ of his tweet). Privately, he’s supposedly calm, detailed, and efficient (based on accounts of people that worked on big projects with him).

I think he relishes being underestimated and mocked bc it allows him to pull sympathy with die hard supporters while outwitting people who think he has rocks between his ears. Hate him or love him, he continues to surprise me. He’d love an impeachment, bc the trial would be in the Rep senate, with public testimony from any witness his lawyers subpoena. It gives him the opportunity to get tons of stuff out in public legally that ppl would otherwise chastise him for releasing as unclassified docs that make others look bad. He can’t ‘be blamed’ if something is revealed during witness testimony bc he’s ‘just defending himself, they forced his hand, he didn’t want to.’ Meanwhile, while it’s a circus in the House, he just keeps pointing out the big things they haven’t voted on bc they’re fixated on him instead of the best interests of their constituents. It’s masterful
1572090525948.png
1572090594335.png

TempestOfTempo

Superstar

I can see your point. I used to contend that GW wasnt neccessariy smart, but he was shrewder than given credit for. Ironically, that shrewedness was reflected in his bungling act which helped others to "mis-underestimate" him.