Trump/Hillary/Clintons/2020/Madness

Lisa

Superstar
or she is the only celebrity figure he could find to show support for him. Even considering his success, he doesn't really have a lot of charisma or appeal. He kind of seems like a boring old guy that is going to struggle with the social side of his campaign and getting Judge Judy's endorsement proves this. She might still be a somewhat popular figure, but it is going to be with older people who might also find someone old and boring like Bloomberg to be an appealing candidate.
That’s probably true...however he still has her tv ads endorsing him...I don’t think he would have her endorsing him with ads if he didn’t think she could effluence people for him.

I personally haven't had cable in years. I didn't know Judge Judy was still on the air and even when I did know about it, she was never popular with my generation. So she doesn't have as much influence as you are suggesting. There are at least two generations of voters now who either don't know or don't care about Judge Judy's opinion in regard to politics. It is nothing personal towards judge Judy if she is still on the air. Clearly she has a stable gig and I would want to keep it going too, but her endorsement is rather meaningless. Most endorsements are unless they are able to pull some strings behind the scenes to get you the nomination like they did with Hillary.
My twenty something daughter loves Judge Judy and so does my husband. Lol.

She must have some popularity...she is still on the air after all this time and she does get paid a hefty salary..so I think you’re wrong about her..and maybe its just a bias you have because you don’t watch cable? Because not only is she still on the air...she still has people coming on for her to decide their cases.

rainerann

Star
That’s probably true...however he still has her tv ads endorsing him...I don’t think he would have her endorsing him with ads if he didn’t think she could effluence people for him.

My twenty something daughter loves Judge Judy and so does my husband. Lol.

She must have some popularity...she is still on the air after all this time and she does get paid a hefty salary..so I think you’re wrong about her..and maybe its just a bias you have because you don’t watch cable? Because not only is she still on the air...she still has people coming on for her to decide their cases.
The fact that she is still on the air this long is because advertisers pay networks to run commercials and then the networks decide what to keep on the air. My guess is that you do most of the shopping in your house and that most of her audience is older women who also do most of the shopping for their house. This is beneficial to advertisers and networks. This is evidenced by her time slot too. She has always been on during the day when kids were at school and women who were stay at home mom's had the house to themselves.

They have always been her primary audience. The only time I remember seeing Judge Judy is when I would stay home sick from school or I have also seen reruns in the evenings before. The same is true for soap operas and Judge Judy is a relic from a time when networks were targeting stay at home moms with commercials for toilet paper and laundry detergent. The fact that your husband and daughter watch this with you doesn't change the fact that you watch it because you were part of this demographic.

But, really I have nothing against Judge Judy for this at all. She has been able to make a career of it and that is better than being a one-hit wonder. There is nothing wrong with her making a career of being a TV judge, it just doesn't mean that her endorsement is more meaningful on a large scale. However, they are not making this claim, and there is nothing wrong with her using her celebrity to make an endorsement either.

Honestly, the only reason I know Bloomberg is running is because of this conversation, so maybe it does have some extended reach. However, it also doesn't make me feel differently towards Bloomberg as a candidate. He seems like a somewhat boring old man and I doubt he has a real chance of winning the primary, and I don't think he has any chance of winning against Trump. You would need someone to have a lot more social appeal to be competitive with Trump. I honestly don't think any of the Democratic candidates have this. Sanders maybe more than the rest, but even if he wins the nomination, it will still be a close call in the end.

Honestly, even if Oprah gave an endorsement for Bloomberg, I think Judge Judy would even have a better chance of winning the nomination than Bloomberg would.

Lisa

Superstar
The fact that she is still on the air this long is because advertisers pay networks to run commercials and then the networks decide what to keep on the air. My guess is that you do most of the shopping in your house and that most of her audience is older women who also do most of the shopping for their house. This is beneficial to advertisers and networks. This is evidenced by her time slot too. She has always been on during the day when kids were at school and women who were stay at home mom's had the house to themselves.

They have always been her primary audience. The only time I remember seeing Judge Judy is when I would stay home sick from school or I have also seen reruns in the evenings before. The same is true for soap operas and Judge Judy is a relic from a time when networks were targeting stay at home moms with commercials for toilet paper and laundry detergent. The fact that your husband and daughter watch this with you doesn't change the fact that you watch it because you were part of this demographic.

But, really I have nothing against Judge Judy for this at all. She has been able to make a career of it and that is better than being a one-hit wonder. There is nothing wrong with her making a career of being a TV judge, it just doesn't mean that her endorsement is more meaningful on a large scale. However, they are not making this claim, and there is nothing wrong with her using her celebrity to make an endorsement either.

Honestly, the only reason I know Bloomberg is running is because of this conversation, so maybe it does have some extended reach. However, it also doesn't make me feel differently towards Bloomberg as a candidate. He seems like a somewhat boring old man and I doubt he has a real chance of winning the primary, and I don't think he has any chance of winning against Trump. You would need someone to have a lot more social appeal to be competitive with Trump. I honestly don't think any of the Democratic candidates have this. Sanders maybe more than the rest, but even if he wins the nomination, it will still be a close call in the end.

Honestly, even if Oprah gave an endorsement for Bloomberg, I think Judge Judy would even have a better chance of winning the nomination than Bloomberg would.
I only watch Judge Judy when my daughter or husband turn her on...actually generally only watch tv when someone else turns it on...I don’t really care for it myself.

I wonder if you were a Judge Judy fan...you might check out this guy..not that you’d necessarily vote for him because of her...but you might look into him...that could be very good for his campaign..just the hits from getting checked out...so I would argue she does bring something to the table. And..old housewives still vote don’t they?

No doubt about Judge Judy having a better chance at the nomination...everyone is forgettable and maybe someone that should get more attention isn’t because they aren’t a big enough name..or hasn’t been in the game long enough to be president over other candidates. I don’t see anyone beating trump at this point and they know it.

rainerann

Star
I only watch Judge Judy when my daughter or husband turn her on...actually generally only watch tv when someone else turns it on...I don’t really care for it myself.

I wonder if you were a Judge Judy fan...you might check out this guy..not that you’d necessarily vote for him because of her...but you might look into him...that could be very good for his campaign..just the hits from getting checked out...so I would argue she does bring something to the table. And..old housewives still vote don’t they?

No doubt about Judge Judy having a better chance at the nomination...everyone is forgettable and maybe someone that should get more attention isn’t because they aren’t a big enough name..or hasn’t been in the game long enough to be president over other candidates. I don’t see anyone beating trump at this point and they know it.
Honestly, unless the guy is campaigning on setting term limits or cutting the military budget in half, I'm not interested. I'm not really interested in this presidential election at all at the moment.

Lisa

Superstar
Honestly, unless the guy is campaigning on setting term limits or cutting the military budget in half, I'm not interested. I'm not really interested in this presidential election at all at the moment.
It does seem kinda lame. The male democratic presidential candidates are old and slimy and would need a younger vp just in case. I don‘t know about the female candidates...but I dislike warren immensely. I don’t feel like Hillary should get a free pass when she didn’t put in any effort and I don’t think any of them could go up against trump and win..because despite all the negative..he does seem to want to make America Great again.

ohhi9876

Veteran
drudge has mike moore freaking out about bloom being allowed into next debate ...

justjess

Superstar
You should not be able to BUY your way into office. Changing rules at the last minute to accommodate a billionaire is absolutely unethical and not what democracy is supposed to be

ohhi9876

Veteran
drudge posted hill.com article saying hill ready to be bloom or biden's VP
shocking...

ohhi9876

Veteran
Is Hillary Clinton angling to become vice president?

A number of people in politics, the media and elsewhere are openly speculating that if Democrats wind up with a “brokered convention,” with no strong or viable nominee evident, Hillary Clinton might enter the arena as the “savior” who could unite the delegates and go on to defeat President Donald Trump.
That is, Clinton and/or her team could be negotiating with former Vice President Joe Biden, former New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg or the last candidate standing to join the ticket as vice president. She would add the gravitas, delegates and, eventually, millions of votes needed to get them over the finish line on Nov. 5. I am assured that Clinton is on every shortlist for that position.

ohhi9876

Veteran
Is Hillary Clinton angling to become vice president?

A number of people in politics, the media and elsewhere are openly speculating that if Democrats wind up with a “brokered convention,” with no strong or viable nominee evident, Hillary Clinton might enter the arena as the “savior” who could unite the delegates and go on to defeat President Donald Trump.
That is, Clinton and/or her team could be negotiating with former Vice President Joe Biden, former New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg or the last candidate standing to join the ticket as vice president. She would add the gravitas, delegates and, eventually, millions of votes needed to get them over the finish line on Nov. 5. I am assured that Clinton is on every shortlist for that position.

"The obvious question in all this is: Given her ego, would Hillary Clinton settle for being vice president when she twice was within striking distance of being president? The answer, I’m told, is an emphatic yes."

this all makes sense! and she will not have to go through the primary on her own like last time...

Lisa

Superstar
"The obvious question in all this is: Given her ego, would Hillary Clinton settle for being vice president when she twice was within striking distance of being president? The answer, I’m told, is an emphatic yes."

this all makes sense! and she will not have to go through the primary on her own like last time...
Or maybe the new Pres becomes just another victim of the Clinton hit squad? She can’t get elected as president..maybe she can as vice and the pres has an accident...they are good at accidents.

Lisa

Superstar
Never say never': Hillary Clinton holds out possibility of becoming Vice President if the Democrats win in November as she urges voters to follow Mitt Romney's example and kick Trump out of office

Aero

Superstar
Lol, madness indeed.

At least the Hillary VP angle might give the libs some hope. But I question how focused they are about actually winning. The Clinton move would be like a hail mary pass.

I'm not going to tell them how to win though. Mainly because they might wise up and listen. And what I really mean by that is, if I don't have to make room for you, then I probably won't.

ohhi9876

Veteran
Never say never': Hillary Clinton holds out possibility of becoming Vice President if the Democrats win in November as she urges voters to follow Mitt Romney's example and kick Trump out of office
ha was just gonna post that - she will not stop giving interviews! her shadow campaign!
what does that mean if they win in nov? they will need a vp pick at the convention...

ohhi9876

Veteran
Lol, madness indeed.

At least the Hillary VP angle might give the libs some hope. But I question how focused they are about actually winning. The Clinton move would be like a hail mary pass.

I'm not going to tell them how to win though. Mainly because they might wise up and listen. And what I really mean by that is, if I don't have to make room for you, then I probably won't.
her as vp would be what she would love - get out of all of the primaries and just have one debate w pence.... and can talk trash all day and drive T craz ha...
i think it will be with bloom .... biden is in free-fall. or wild card mayor pete if he keeps building support ... will will bring him the minorities that he is missing now ... could also roll out well before convention - anyone rememeber cruz getting desperate and said carly f was his vp pick??

ohhi9876

Veteran
her as vp would be what she would love - get out of all of the primaries and just have one debate w pence.... and can talk trash all day and drive T craz ha...
i think it will be with bloom .... biden is in free-fall. or wild card mayor pete if he keeps building support ... will will bring him the minorities that he is missing now ... could also roll out well before convention - anyone rememeber cruz getting desperate and said carly f was his vp pick??

Lisa

Superstar
ha was just gonna post that - she will not stop giving interviews! her shadow campaign!
what does that mean if they win in nov? they will need a vp pick at the convention...
A much easier campaign trail anyway...
Idk what she’s got planned, besides keeping her name in it.