Trump/Hillary/Clintons/2020/Madness

ohhi9876

Veteran
Ex-Clinton strategist: Don't rule out Hillary run, amidst news of Bloomberg's entrance

"There’s still a couple of days here," he said on "Sunday Morning Futures." I don’t know whether [Clinton will] look at the Michael Bloomberg thing and say, 'the field's too crowded now. I missed my opportunity,' or the opposite.

"'Wow the field's weak, I could come in. I could get 165,000 donors, I’m tied with [Joe] Biden in some of these early states...' There's still a political logic there for her," Penn continued.

could she announce on wed - first day of impeachment hearings????!

https://www.foxnews.com/media/2020-hillary-clinton-michael-bloomberg

ohhi9876

Veteran

ohhi9876

Veteran
Sundace film fest featuring new doc entitled "Hillary"

"Hillary / U.S.A. (Director and screenwriter: Nanette Burstein) — A portrait of a public woman, interweaving moments from never-before-seen 2016 campaign footage with biographical chapters of Hillary Rodham Clinton's life. Featuring exclusive interviews with Hillary herself, Bill Clinton, friends and journalists, an examination of how she became simultaneously one of the most admired and vilified women in the world. World Premiere"

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/sundance-hillary-clinton-lance-armstrong-docs-added-festival-lineup-1261293

TempestOfTempo

Superstar
Sundace film fest featuring new doc entitled "Hillary"

"Hillary / U.S.A. (Director and screenwriter: Nanette Burstein) — A portrait of a public woman, interweaving moments from never-before-seen 2016 campaign footage with biographical chapters of Hillary Rodham Clinton's life. Featuring exclusive interviews with Hillary herself, Bill Clinton, friends and journalists, an examination of how she became simultaneously one of the most admired and vilified women in the world. World Premiere"

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/sundance-hillary-clinton-lance-armstrong-docs-added-festival-lineup-1261293
She will get smoked like Salmon if she ever has to debate or have an unscripted face-to-face with Tusli.

TempestOfTempo

Superstar
haha prob BUT tulsi isnt qualifying any more... dnc a la bernie
I wasn't sure if she made the next debate cut or not. I think it was a wise tactic to get out in front of it and just say "Not interested, will not be attending." If they aint going to let you in and even when you do overcome their cheating to make the stage, they ignore you or attempt to set you up...... why bother attending?

rainerann

Star
interesting hillary hasn't commented on twitter about and of the iran drama....
That doesn't surprise me at all. Her quote about helping Israel if Iran ever tried something with them is everywhere I see anyone talking about this subject right now. Not talking is one of the smartest things I have ever seen Hillary Clinton do. I fully support her choice to keep her mouth shut right now. This is probably the only Clinton position I have supported since I was a little girl and voted for Bill Clinton in the kids choice election on Nickelodeon.

rainerann

Star
There is a democratic candidate that is campaigning about setting term limits. I can't remember his name. Does anyone know what I am talking about? What do you think about campaigning for term limits and the fact that most of the Democratic candidates like Biden, Warren, and Sanders oppose them?

Personally, I would love to have someone really do something about setting term limits, but most of the candidates that say this is important are a joke like Trump. He said he supported term limits and then was basically silent about them for the past three years.

Lisa

Superstar
There is a democratic candidate that is campaigning about setting term limits. I can't remember his name. Does anyone know what I am talking about? What do you think about campaigning for term limits and the fact that most of the Democratic candidates like Biden, Warren, and Sanders oppose them?

Personally, I would love to have someone really do something about setting term limits, but most of the candidates that say this is important are a joke like Trump. He said he supported term limits and then was basically silent about them for the past three years.
If they set term limits..then would anyone want the headache of the job when they can’t get as rich? That seems to be what‘s really at stake with term limits.

ohhi9876

Veteran

yeah 4-5 years could be nice - let them try to do what they said and be done - no re-election drama and scheming...

rainerann

Star
If they set term limits..then would anyone want the headache of the job when they can’t get as rich? That seems to be what‘s really at stake with term limits.
I don't actually consider Warren, Biden or Sanders to be excessively rich. I think not supporting term limits has more to do with ego for Warren and Sanders personally. I think they both like to fantasize that there is no one else who can do as good of a job as they can. For Biden, I think he doesn't want to lose his invite to whatever sleazy parties he gets to participate in. He is more of an obedient photobomber for elite activities than a member of congress.

Technically, most of congress have law degrees and are easily capable of getting a comparable salary without being reelected. There are only a couple of special children like Bush who have a preexisting claim to family wealth or like Obama and Clinton who both claim their fortune through outside sources, but getting elected to Congress is not a way to get rich by itself no matter how many times they are reelected.