Trump/Hillary/Clintons/2020/Madness

rainerann

Star
Like I said. I don't believe they are excessively rich, and I actually support the average 100,000 salaries that they make. I think this is a fair way to compensate them for their position. If some of them manage this and are able to buy nice second homes with it, more power to them. Technically, 100,000 dollars a year is really where the middle class lies, and the limited number of jobs that remain at this level is why poverty is increasing across America. So I support more people receiving incomes equal to what a member of congress receives and around 100,000 dollars a years is easily achievable as a lawyer as well. This is why lawyers are able to afford a similar standard of living to the average congressperson who doesn't write books or inherit wealth or do whatever Hillary does. She is a special case.

So I don't agree that this is a motivating factor for most to not support term limits. They don't make that much money in reality.

rainerann

Star
So I was off a bit according to this article that says the base wage since 2009 is 174,000 a year. However, this doesn't change my position. I think 174,000 is a nice salary that lets you take a couple of good vacations, buy a second home and send your kids to college comfortably. This is not a salary that will get you rich. It will let you live comfortably and I support members of congress affording a comfortable lifestyle like this.

My only complaint would be that I would like for there to be more opportunities for citizens to find jobs that provide the same, and statistics show that there is a wage gap that is increasing between upper administration and the average worker. Although, I support incentives to encourage higher wages rather than changing laws regarding minimum wage because this would only put a bandaid on the problem, in my opinion.

TempestOfTempo

Superstar
hillary cleared lol - now can run?
i'm thinking no one will get nomination by convention - biden will mess up 100s of times and they will ask Hill to be nominee?

You make a solid point. They are desperate to silence Tusli, Discredit Sanders and oust Yang from the race. Other than that they have puppets, Styer whom aint going to even get a sniff of the nomination, and Bloomberg to be Killary's VP eh?

Lisa

Superstar
Rut roh!!

Moment Iowa dad gets into a heated row with Elizabeth Warren over her student loan forgiveness plan, telling the candidate people who have already paid for their kids' tuition will be getting 'screwed'

justjess

Superstar
Rut roh!!

Moment Iowa dad gets into a heated row with Elizabeth Warren over her student loan forgiveness plan, telling the candidate people who have already paid for their kids' tuition will be getting 'screwed'
“When we were kids we died of polio. You should too. “

The fact is college has increased in cost exponentially while wages have remained stagnant or even lost value compared to inflation. Up until the 70’s the cost of education was reasonably attainable with out mountains of crippling debt. Not any more.

No matter what you feel about forgiving debt (I didn’t see anyone having a problem with the bank bailout or auto bailout oddly...) the fact is the student debt situation is crippling our economy on almost every other measure. Your worried about people not having kids? Abortion? Traditional families? Then you should support student debt forgiveness because it would help those things significantly.

So many things this would help, it would give our economy a huge boost. But yet its wrong cuz some people were fortunate enough to figure out a different way? Stop being so damn greedy and selfish and thinking only of your own self interest instead of with the common good in mind and logic and reason. A better economy helps everyone.

Also what exactly is the point of that story? What exactly did she do wrong in your opinion? You disagree with the proposal say so. She didn’t do anything other then propose something u and this guy disagree with.

Lisa

Superstar
“When we were kids we died of polio. You should too. “

The fact is college has increased in cost exponentially while wages have remained stagnant or even lost value compared to inflation. Up until the 70’s the cost of education was reasonably attainable with out mountains of crippling debt. Not any more.

No matter what you feel about forgiving debt (I didn’t see anyone having a problem with the bank bailout or auto bailout oddly...) the fact is the student debt situation is crippling our economy on almost every other measure. Your worried about people not having kids? Abortion? Traditional families? Then you should support student debt forgiveness because it would help those things significantly.

So many things this would help, it would give our economy a huge boost. But yet its wrong cuz some people were fortunate enough to figure out a different way? Stop being so damn greedy and selfish and thinking only of your own self interest instead of with the common good in mind and logic and reason. A better economy helps everyone.

Also what exactly is the point of that story? What exactly did she do wrong in your opinion? You disagree with the proposal say so. She didn’t do anything other then propose something u and this guy disagree with.
I think it’s interesting that in the bid to attract new voters..kids really you might tick off the older voters in the process..what a dirty tight rope to walk..

justjess

Superstar
I think it’s interesting that in the bid to attract new voters..kids really you might tick off the older voters in the process..what a dirty tight rope to walk..
Yes... because the greed and selfishness of boomers like you should be our only consideration in life and politics and economics..

Last edited:

Lisa

Superstar
Yes... because the greed and selfishness of boomers like you should be put only consideration in life and politics and economics..
I don’t know why you’re putting it back on me...I didn’t offer to forgive the debts of some at the cost of others.

justjess

Superstar
I don’t know why you’re putting it back on me...I didn’t offer to forgive the debts of some at the cost of others.
Your generation. All me, me, me... no recognition that college was affordable for you. That jobs were stable and pay was better. Costs were lower. Any solution to solve this you shoot down because “fuck u I got mine” even when it makes more sense for the overall economy then it does for any one person or group of people. What about your kids? Grandkids? Great grandkids? Is it just “screw them”?

We bailed out the banks and the auto industry. No one cried that “responsible” banks and car makers didn’t get a piece of the money - and in this case that argument entirely misses the vast majority of the point.

Ever hear... ok boomer :rolleyes:

I’m pretty sure they literally coined it for you.

Lisa

Superstar
Your generation. All me, me, me... no recognition that college was affordable for you. That jobs were stable and pay was better. Costs were lower. Any solution to solve this you shoot down because “fuck u I got mine” even when it makes more sense for the overall economy then it does for any one person or group of people. What about your kids? Grandkids? Great grandkids? Is it just “screw them”?

We bailed out the banks and the auto industry. No one cried that “responsible” banks and car makers didn’t get a piece of the money - and in this case that argument entirely misses the vast majority of the point.

Ever hear... ok boomer :rolleyes:

I’m pretty sure they literally coined it for you.
Lol...not a boomer...didn’t coin it for me.

I didn’t go to college because it wasn’t affordable to me..my parents didn’t have the money and neither did I.

If my kids want to go to college..they know they have to pay for it themselves..that’s not a bad thing for them to work for their own college.

justjess

Superstar
Lol...not a boomer...didn’t coin it for me.

I didn’t go to college because it wasn’t affordable to me..my parents didn’t have the money and neither did I.

If my kids want to go to college..they know they have to pay for it themselves..that’s not a bad thing for them to work for their own college.
The last time I checked you are in your fifties. Which makes you a boomer. The whole national economy is being crippled by student debt. But that doesn’t matter to you either right? As long as we don’t give the poor sandwiches or struggling millennials some relief we will all get into heaven?

Did you oppose the Wall Street/bank/auto industry bailout?

Lisa

Superstar
The last time I checked you are in your fifties. Which makes you a boomer. The whole national economy is being crippled by student debt. But that doesn’t matter to you either right? As long as we don’t give the poor sandwiches or struggling millennials some relief we will all get into heaven?

Did you oppose the Wall Street/bank/auto industry bailout?
I’ve never said how old I am...and nope! I’m not a boomer.

I just thought it was an interesting video..you’re making it into something more.

justjess

Superstar
I’ve never said how old I am...and nope! I’m not a boomer.

I just thought it was an interesting video..you’re making it into something more.
You posted it for a reasonlisa. Trying to walk that back after being called on it is intellectually dishonest.

Lisa

Superstar
You posted it for a reasonlisa. Trying to walk that back after being called on it is intellectually dishonest.
I posted it for the reason I told you..you’re the one reading more into it than there is.