Trump/Hillary/Clintons/2020/Madness

At this point I think Warren, Sanders, Harris and Biden will be the final four.
I think so too. It’s interesting because Sanders/Warren probably split each other , and so will Harris/Biden. Potentially preventing anyone from reaching the delegate threshold and the nominee being decided at the convention, which would be a disaster for the democrats.

I wonder why they put all the people of color on night two.
They say it’s random but idk

ohhi9876

Veteran
I think so too. It’s interesting because Sanders/Warren probably split each other , and so will Harris/Biden. Potentially preventing anyone from reaching the delegate threshold and the nominee being decided at the convention, which would be a disaster for the democrats.

They say it’s random but idk

interesting!
open convention?
enter HRC?

Moderates absolutely attacking Sanders and Warren

O’Rourke has a better make up team this time lol

Bernie going full class warfare, I like

The Zone

Star
I think we will see some candidates go to the wayside after tonight's debates. Who do our dems support going in and or after the said debate?

Warren and Sanders did good as 1 two Punch for healthcare, Delaney is a gross weasely little liar Buttigieg adequate but tip toeing, Bullock full of shit

justjess

Superstar
So my power went out... incredibly difficult to try to watch this and now my phone is dying and I’m not going to sit in the car to finish.

Very different debate then last time. Sanders did way better. Warren did very well.

O’Rourke definately looks less vampirish lol

I was warren and sanders going in and I’m warren and sanders coming out.

Aero

Superstar
All the candidates at the debate are speaking well. My main complaints are they don't have enough time to talk, and some of the arguments are a bit lofty.

I won't knock anyone for a bit of grandeur but these debates seem more like a candidate meat grinder. Split the debates up or make them longer because force-feeding isn't a good look.

Are they ever going to talk foreign policy?

It’s incredible how many Democrats sounded like moderate Republicans, but not really because that is the party at large.

Sanders and Warren weathered the storm well

Marianne did good on the reparations thing but she bungled healthcare earlier

I agree with you @Aero not enough time and too many people

Aero

Superstar
I think Marianne Williamson is good. Of course, I've only been half watching.

I was hoping for more of an indictment on the system though. It seemed like every time someone was saying something halfway rebellious they got cut off. Maybe I'm miscalculating but it felt like indicting the system doesn't align with CNN's corporate goals.

Maybe I'm miscalculating but it felt like indicting the system doesn't align with CNN's corporate goals.
You’re absolutely correct. That’s why Delaney had the most speaking time, the dude polls at 1% but they used him and Hickenlooper, Ryan and Bullock as attack dogs against Sanders and Warren.

justjess

Superstar
That whole stage from the opening statements to the closing was a orchestrated attack on warren and sanders. And progressives in general. It was a bit disappointing... but good for sanders calling out cnn on it directly. (The pharmaceutical advert comment)

Aero

Superstar
Lol Liberalism is a different kind of animal.

The donor class has already decided who they want their nominee to be. Public opinion or even policy be damned, if they want to throw someone under the bus they will. And I'm just not sure conservatives are like that. Conservatives are more the type to just kick you in the balls and call it a day.

That whole stage from the opening statements to the closing was a orchestrated attack on warren and sanders. And progressives in general. It was a bit disappointing... but good for sanders calling out cnn on it directly. (The pharmaceutical advert comment)
https://theintercept.com/2019/07/30/elizabeth-warren-bernie-sanders-dominate-democratic-debate/

Yep, I think it backfired on them. CNN did the work of the Republican Party for them. They wound rather have Trump then pay a few more dollars in taxes. So much for the librul media.

justjess

Superstar
Had to love those misleading dishonest questions and purposely pinning the rest of the field against them with those shit stirring prompts. It is what it is. We knew it would be an uphill battle

ohhi9876

Veteran
Are they ever going to talk foreign policy?

It’s incredible how many Democrats sounded like moderate Republicans, but not really because that is the party at large.

Sanders and Warren weathered the storm well

Marianne did good on the reparations thing but she bungled healthcare earlier

I agree with you @Aero not enough time and too many people
i can not decide what to make of marianne - she makes some interesting points - T is pshyic dark force and it is unleashed all over - check. but she seems to be a sort of truth teller with no interest in winning....
the debate was a mess and seems to be paving way for T win. DEBT (21T) was not mentioned AGAIN! A big plan would be addressing that and minimum wage! wow!
one daily mail comment caught my eye for this threat - hillary is watching and waiting to come in and clean up mess...

ohhi9876

Veteran
Lol Liberalism is a different kind of animal.

The donor class has already decided who they want their nominee to be. Public opinion or even policy be damned, if they want to throw someone under the bus they will. And I'm just not sure conservatives are like that. Conservatives are more the type to just kick you in the balls and call it a day.
who do you think their pick is? i can not tell...

kamala
biden
bernie
warren
hillary wildcard...

ohhi9876

Veteran
Bernie and Warren against the world

Bernie having much better debate

Beto much better

Everyone else is pretty much a hack
yeah - one more point - it was clear up front warren and bernie agreed to team up - if one drops out the other will get their votes and would win primary ... warren as vp? seems like they have made a deal... but she would have to drop out this fall and he would announce her immediatley as his VP pick - compelling idea
snl has portrayed warren and had her say twice she "wants VP"