Trump Criticized For Breaking With Longstanding American Tradition Of Remaining In Middle Eastern Countries Indefinitely

Thunderian

Superstar
But seriously, what do you think he's thinking?
After Trump announced that US troops would be pulled out of Syria, the President was quickly criticized by leaders on both the left and the right for breaking with the longstanding American tradition of remaining in Middle Eastern countries indefinitely.​
Trump drew ire from both sides of the aisle for his "careless and reckless" disregard for the beloved American custom of meddling overseas without a congressional declaration of war and then hanging around for another few decades.​
"Occupying a country on the other side of the globe and staying there forever is an American pastime," said a CNN host. "For Trump to pull out when we haven't even been there a decade yet is a disgusting display of his selfishness and unwillingness to conform to the standards of presidential decorum."​

Dalit

Star
But seriously, what do you think he's thinking?

After Trump announced that US troops would be pulled out of Syria, the President was quickly criticized by leaders on both the left and the right for breaking with the longstanding American tradition of remaining in Middle Eastern countries indefinitely.​

Trump drew ire from both sides of the aisle for his "careless and reckless" disregard for the beloved American custom of meddling overseas without a congressional declaration of war and then hanging around for another few decades.​

"Occupying a country on the other side of the globe and staying there forever is an American pastime," said a CNN host. "For Trump to pull out when we haven't even been there a decade yet is a disgusting display of his selfishness and unwillingness to conform to the standards of presidential decorum."​
Who knows what he's thinking? All I can do is pray, especially about his NAR "Christian" advisers. Is he getting bad advice or is he just going rogue or maverick, which is kind of his thing?

justjess

Superstar
I’m all for pulling our troops out and bringing them home, however it is suspicious considering he keeps asking for increases to the military budgets and up until this announcement showed no prior actions of turning things down overseas. Also coming in the heels of congress deciding to stop messing with Yemen so idk

Helioform

Star
I bet there'll be another chemical attack and Trump will have to leave the troops there...

Thunderian

Superstar
I’m all for pulling our troops out and bringing them home, however it is suspicious considering he keeps asking for increases to the military budgets and up until this announcement showed no prior actions of turning things down overseas. Also coming in the heels of congress deciding to stop messing with Yemen so idk
Trump ran on exactly this issue, and promised six months ago that he would pull the troops from Syria.

I think it's a smart thing to do. If things get real hot in the Middle East, there's no need for the US to be involved.

Why are you worried about the Kurds? And what do you suppose are Trump's motives for pulling US troops out of other countries?
Sultan Erdogan is going to genocide them, and they are my anarchist brothers and sisters ( or at least a lot of them )

I think the goal is to increase Russian and Turkey influence in the region in an attempt to make world events mirror prophecy.

Aero

Superstar
From what I understand there was only 2000 U.S troops in Syria. Now I'm sure those troops were all certified badasses. But lets put things into better perspective.

Theres like over 50000 police officers in the state of Texas. And they cant stop criminals.

Thunderian

Superstar
From what I understand there was only 2000 U.S troops in Syria. Now I'm sure those troops were all certified badasses. But lets put things into better perspective.

Theres like over 50000 police officers in the state of Texas. And they cant stop criminals.
American troops were getting into firefights with Russians, and the risk was that 2000 would turn into 5000, then 10000, and so on, and so on. Better to go home, and let the Russians go broke rebuilding Syrian oilfields.

Aero

Superstar
American troops were getting into firefights with Russians, and the risk was that 2000 would turn into 5000, then 10000, and so on, and so on. Better to go home, and let the Russians go broke rebuilding Syrian oilfields.
I agree with the first part of your statement. But I'm just not sure that Russia would go broke in Syria. As far as I've noticed the conflict in Syria isn't the Russian version of any U.S invasion of Iraq. Maybe that was supposed to be the end game, but it really hasn't worked out like that.

We are probably the ones more likely to be going broke. And that goes back to the question from justjess. Why is the Military budget going up? I mean obviously, I get that newer and bigger bombs are expensive. Plus the government gets jacked on those contracts, and of course, inflation is always rearing its ugly head. I'm just saying when does all that ever end?

I'm not trying to change the subject or anything. I'm actually fine with fewer troops on the ground and more technology. But part of the reason for doing that is to save on the costs of war. And obviously, I'm not just talking about dollar amounts. But saving lives and keeping families together.

TempestOfTempo

Superstar
Trump is desperate.
He initially counted on catching the same criminal breaks from the establishment that Bush, Obama and the Clinton's enjoyed.... but Trump's incompetence combined with his provocative behavior eroded any support he has outside of the Republicans too scared to cross him and the outright, criminally complicit co-conspirators he has left to operate with. He's failed entirely in his con-game and realizes he has whittled away his base to a remaining, fanatical element.

The walls are literally closing in on Trump and you can see his reactions of impotence.... insulting those who are deserting his administrations sinking ship at a record pace, flailing wildly for distractions such as this and the border wall. If anyone is really interested in reading the language of whats afoot, hes not drawing down firepower.... Air strikes and Special Op activity is still in play and American troop boots on the ground are to be replaced by those of private contractors..... his buddy Eric Prince gets to open up a whole new bunch of "Man Camps", his cretinous sister DeVoss continues to do her best to dismantle the US public education system and Trump appoints Acosta to oversee the labor legality of it all.

Aces.