True Feminism - by a Bible-reading lady

Phithx

Veteran
Titus 2:4 That they may teach the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their [husband's] children,2:5 [To be] discreet, chaste, KEEPERS AT HOME, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed.Essential reading: The Way home or face The Fire http://thewayhomeorfacethefire.net

Sunday, 1 June 2014
The taming of the Shrew

Who REALLY wears the pants in the house, Ladies?

Hmmm, this is quite a sensitive topic for most women; however I thought I’d share with you my experience on being a dominant one , instead of being a Lady.

Life for me was difficult as a child, as my step-father was an alcoholic, and I hardly saw my real father so I had lacked proper discipline. My mom was either at work or cleaning the house [my 2 other siblings and I did help her], but she was understandably tired and irritated most of the time, so there was no time for her to teach us Love.

Both my husband and I were raised in a world that taught that men and women are equal; however, my mother, with 2 miserable marriage experiences taught me from both her words and actions that men were stupid and worthless.

I met my husband and we got married. Sadly, I carried the curse of “all men are worthless” into my marriage, by continuously criticizing the credibility of every decision that my husband made.

Continue reading at https://truefeminists.blogspot.com/2014/06/the-taming-of-shrew.html

Last edited:

Robin

Veteran
What does this have to do with religion?
"On the other hand, I was not coping either. I had my own “escape” route. Something was not right with my marriage. The ONLY marital guidance that my family and the church could offer me was to get divorced, which I didn’t want.
I prayed one night asking God for His help as we were clearly headed for disaster."

Click the link next time.

Lisa

Superstar
"On the other hand, I was not coping either. I had my own “escape” route. Something was not right with my marriage. The ONLY marital guidance that my family and the church could offer me was to get divorced, which I didn’t want.
I prayed one night asking God for His help as we were clearly headed for disaster."

Click the link next time.
@Phithx should change the title then or something.

It is a good thing to ask God to fix your marriage, that’s for sure.

Lisa

Superstar
The title is the name of the blog.
Yes but the title of this section is religion and spirituality..makes it seem like it’s in the wrong place...and the only reason it’s not is because the woman prayed to God.

Robin

Veteran
Yes but the title of this section is religion and spirituality..makes it seem like it’s in the wrong place...and the only reason it’s not is because the woman prayed to God.
I'm assuming others would actually read the article and not assume the abstract is the entirety of it. No one else would probably even have thought to comment about it either.

Lisa

Superstar
I'm assuming others would actually read the article and not assume the abstract is the entirety of it. No one else would probably even have thought to comment about it either.
Everything in the op has nothing to do with religion along with the title. So ya, I didn’t think it belonged here. The op might want to give some sort of clue that this does belong here for those who don’t want to have to click the link for the rest of the story and the big reveal that the woman prayed to God is all I’m saying.

Phithx

Veteran
Everything in the op has nothing to do with religion along with the title. So ya, I didn’t think it belonged here. The op might want to give some sort of clue that this does belong here for those who don’t want to have to click the link for the rest of the story and the big reveal that the woman prayed to God is all I’m saying.
Have included the Bible bits.

Lisa

Superstar
@Phithx I see you changed the title too...but was she a Bible reading lady or a praying to God lady? Because it wasn’t by reading the Bible she decided to change course but by watching the taming of the shrew.

Also, I don’t think the relationship between the man and the woman is gonna go very far just because she only agrees with him now and doesn’t fight. It’s gonna take God in both their lives to change their relationship for the better...I do have experience in that.

Phithx

Veteran
@Phithx I see you changed the title too...but was she a Bible reading lady or a praying to God lady? Because it wasn’t by reading the Bible she decided to change course but by watching the taming of the shrew.

Also, I don’t think the relationship between the man and the woman is gonna go very far just because she only agrees with him now and doesn’t fight. It’s gonna take God in both their lives to change their relationship for the better...I do have experience in that.
I know this lady. She was as a Bible reader and then came across Taming of The Shrew.

But also, for interest sake, go to Psalm 46 in the Authorised 1611 king James Bible. Then count 46 words from the beginning and you'll get "Shake". Then count 46 words from the last word back to the beginning, and you'll get "spear".

So the final editor/s of the Authorised 1611 king James was somehow involved with the Shakespeare plays!

The strongest claim seems to be Francis Bacon for the final-editorship and authorship of them.

Last edited:

Serveto

Star
What does this have to do with religion?
It's no wonder that I am an occasional fan of hashtag #teamlisa, because this board can be far more amusing than anything on Netflix. You enter threads in every forum of this board and would probably even turn a "How to cook Beef Wellington" posted recipe into a "HDLTJWCI" ("how does Lisa think Jesus would cook it") discussion :).
..but was she a Bible reading lady or a praying to God lady? Because it wasn’t by reading the Bible she decided to change course but by watching the taming of the shrew.
Well, one has to start somewhere, and reading and watching Shakespeare, author of The Taming of the Shrew, might very well lead to an appreciation of the excellent, classical grammar and poetry of especially the King James Version of the Bible.

Last edited:

Lisa

Superstar
I know this lady. She was as a Bible reader and then came across Taming of The Shrew.

But also, for interest sake, go to Psalm 46 in the Authorised 1611 king James Bible. Then count 46 letters from the beginning and you'll get "Shake". Then count 46 letters from the last letter back to the beginning, and you'll get "spear".

So the final editor/s of the king James was somehow involved with the Shakespeare plays!

The strongest claim seems to be Francis Bacon for the final-editorship and authorship of them.
I didn’t see that mentioned in the article you posted.
It just says she prayed and watched the taking of the shrew and she fixed her marriage like that?

That was random...how did you know to look in Psalm 46 for that?

Last edited:

Lisa

Superstar
It's no wonder that I am an occasional fan of hashtag #teamlisa, because this board can be far more amusing than anything on Netflix. You enter threads in every forum of this board and would probably even turn a "How to cook Beef Wellington" posted recipe into a "HDLTJWCI" ("how does Lisa think Jesus would cook it") discussion :).

Well, one has to start somewhere, and reading and watching Shakespeare might very well lead to an appreciation of the excellent, classical gramnar and poetry of especially the King James Version of the Bible.
Lol, it just seemed obvious to me that there was no mention of religion in this thread in the beginning..but I guess according to Robin, no one else would have noticed and just read the link.

I like to read English I can understand :)

Phithx

Veteran
I didn’t see that mentioned in the article you posted.
It just says she prayed and watched the taking of the shrew and she fixed her marriage like that?

That was random...how did you know to loom in Psalm 46 for that?
The Titus quote is at the top of the webpage.

The Psalm 46 Shakespeare-thing was on the internet somewhere; probably buried deep now?

Lisa

Superstar

The Psalm 46 Shakespeare thing was on the internet somewhere; probably buried deep now?
Sure...but that doesn’t mean she was a Bible reader. No where in the article does it say she was just that she prayed to God ‘I prayed one night asking God for His help as we were clearly headed for disaster.’
Up until that point there isn’t any indication she knows or believes in God either...

Lol, I would keep it buried..that sounds so false. How did someone “know” to look in Psalm 46...count and count again to reveal Shakespeare?

JoChris

Superstar
Titus 2:4 That they may teach the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their [husband's] children,2:5 [To be] discreet, chaste, KEEPERS AT HOME, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed.Essential reading: The Way home or face The Fire http://thewayhomeorfacethefire.net

Sunday, 1 June 2014
The taming of the Shrew

Who REALLY wears the pants in the house, Ladies?

Hmmm, this is quite a sensitive topic for most women; however I thought I’d share with you my experience on being a dominant one , instead of being a Lady.

Life for me was difficult as a child, as my step-father was an alcoholic, and I hardly saw my real father so I had lacked proper discipline. My mom was either at work or cleaning the house [my 2 other siblings and I did help her], but she was understandably tired and irritated most of the time, so there was no time for her to teach us Love.

Both my husband and I were raised in a world that taught that men and women are equal; however, my mother, with 2 miserable marriage experiences taught me from both her words and actions that men were stupid and worthless.

I met my husband and we got married. Sadly, I carried the curse of “all men are worthless” into my marriage,by continuously criticizing the credibility of every decision that my husband made [<----- link to youtube clip 1 from The Taming of the Shrew].

Continue reading at https://truefeminists.blogspot.com/2014/06/the-taming-of-shrew.html
I agreed with most of what she said until I saw JAHtruth** being mentioned.

I can understand that God uses small things, like the author watching a movie and suddenly given insight into what **not** to be like via an obnoxious female character.

What is constructive is in agreement with the BIBLE.
What is a waste of time is John Anthony Hill's propaganda. .

-----
**John Anthony Hill did not come down from Heaven. Acts 1:6-11 He immediately is disqualified as being Jesus, and reveals himself to be a false prophet.

JoChris

Superstar

The Psalm 46 Shakespeare-thing was on the internet somewhere; probably buried deep now?
Psalm 46 here:

46: 1 God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
2 Therefore will not we fear, though the earth be removed, and though the mountains be carried into the midst of the sea;
3 Though the waters thereof roar and be troubled, though the mountains shake with the swelling thereof. Selah.
4 There is a river, the streams whereof shall make glad the city of God, the holy place of the tabernacles of the most High.
5 God is in the midst of her; she shall not be moved: God shall help her, and that right early.
6 The heathen raged, the kingdoms were moved: he uttered his voice, the earth melted.
7 The Lord of hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our refuge. Selah.
8 Come, behold the works of the Lord, what desolations he hath made in the earth.
9 He maketh wars to cease unto the end of the earth; he breaketh the bow, and cutteth the spear in sunder; he burneth the chariot in the fire.
10 Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth.
11 The Lord of hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our refuge. Selah.

The psalm is all about God and very straightforward in its meaning.
Taking the most isolated words from bible passages to blend them together is even more foolish than out-of-context bible verse quoting cults like Jehovah's witnesses.

Lisa

Superstar
Psalm 46 here:

46: 1 God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
2 Therefore will not we fear, though the earth be removed, and though the mountains be carried into the midst of the sea;
3 Though the waters thereof roar and be troubled, though the mountains shake with the swelling thereof. Selah.
4 There is a river, the streams whereof shall make glad the city of God, the holy place of the tabernacles of the most High.
5 God is in the midst of her; she shall not be moved: God shall help her, and that right early.
6 The heathen raged, the kingdoms were moved: he uttered his voice, the earth melted.
7 The Lord of hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our refuge. Selah.
8 Come, behold the works of the Lord, what desolations he hath made in the earth.
9 He maketh wars to cease unto the end of the earth; he breaketh the bow, and cutteth the spear in sunder; he burneth the chariot in the fire.
10 Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth.
11 The Lord of hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our refuge. Selah.

The psalm is all about God and very straightforward in its meaning.
According to @Phithx, you need to start counting not reading it...then you’ll find out that Shakespeare was behind the King James Version of the Bible...

Phithx

Veteran
According to @Phithx, you need to start counting not reading it...then you’ll find out that Shakespeare was behind the King James Version of the Bible...
Just to be a bit more accurate: he or those behind the Shakespeare name, who is or are the real author/s of the plays, is or were the same as those behind the original Authorised 1611 king James Bible.

The king James version is a tampered and altered version of the original Authorised version - Lamp in the Dark

Last edited: