Trophies

Should trophies be removed?

• Yes, they're awful and an insult to my intelligence.

Votes: 6 20.7%
  • No, I need them in my life, they keep me going.

Votes: 23 79.3%

• Total voters

Loki

Established
The trophies don't seem to have much of a purpose that I can find, so I voted to remove them.

As for dislikes, that would almost certainly be abused more than the Like System. The like system gets abused in these larger forums almost every time, but at least the abuse is positive in a way, rather than negative.

hyorishthottie

Established
I've been on lipstick alley before and the trophy thing is not new to me it's normal and expected.

I voted to keep it cause I like it. although it may seem pointless it gives some motivation to newbies and people like me who drift from forum to forum and have something to feel rewarded for. if you get a dislike button it will be abused to hell. Seeing as there is no reputation system like LSA I guess it does not matter. it's not like we can downvote each other into oblivion with negative reps.

so I say keep them I like it. but like a suggestion is to add more trophies or something special for those with unique posts or the most likes.

polymoog

Superstar
so I say keep them I like it. but like a suggestion is to add more trophies or something special for those with unique posts or the most likes.
the like button is abused far too much... to the point where its like the federal reserve printing them out with no end. they really have no value when theyre given out so freely.
if we want to really improve the system, we should get an allotment of 'likes' to give out per week so we are more particular and selective about which posts deserve it. otherwise, we will have posters getting tons of likes just for posting a quote from a person they agree with, or a funny picture, or whatever. i can post cat pictures, get 10 likes, and jack up my like numbers.

the bigger issue here is, "does the like point system matter to newbies who rely on someones likes as if it is a reflection upon their credibility as a poster?" (thats a good question for a poll.) if it doesnt matter to most, then who cares.
if it DOES matter, then i think some kind of system which rewards original posts, thoughts, quality arguments, and creativity should be promoted and encouraged.

Aero

Superstar
There should be more metrics to gauge the reception of posts.

The like system promotes too much bias. I mean this isn't facebook. We aren't posting pictures of cute puppies. How can you give trophies and likes for some of the darkest content around?

I'm just ranting because I think the forum software is shit. But I think all the forum software out there is pretty much shit.

williejonesjr

Veteran
the like button is abused far too much... to the point where its like the federal reserve printing them out with no end. they really have no value when theyre given out so freely.
if we want to really improve the system, we should get an allotment of 'likes' to give out per week so we are more particular and selective about which posts deserve it. otherwise, we will have posters getting tons of likes just for posting a quote from a person they agree with, or a funny picture, or whatever. i can post cat pictures, get 10 likes, and jack up my like numbers.

the bigger issue here is, "does the like point system matter to newbies who rely on someones likes as if it is a reflection upon their credibility as a poster?" (thats a good question for a poll.) if it doesnt matter to most, then who cares.
if it DOES matter, then i think some kind of system which rewards original posts, thoughts, quality arguments, and creativity should be promoted and encouraged.
I tend to "like" the majority of comments on any thread that I post.
Kind of a "thank you for posting" type of thing.
I show my appreciation for the participation with likes, whether I actually agree with the comment

polymoog

Superstar
I tend to "like" the majority of comments on any thread that I post.
Kind of a "thank you for posting" type of thing.
I show my appreciation for the participation with likes, whether I actually agree with the comment
i suppose thats better than face licks or leg humping.

Mr.Grieves

Veteran
I thought I'd take the time to tell you all I'm entirely indifferent and didn't vote.