Transgender Kids in mainstream media

Phoenix

Rookie
Just last week I was shopping at a store where I heard an early '80s song, and was glad to hear it. On the way home, I vaguely remembered that the MTV music video involved a circus. So I look it up on YouTube and the trip down nostalgia lane brings me to a fairly creative music video of a pre-adolescent boy riding a carnival ride where he gets to peep on a good amount of T & A and, at the end of the ride, he is an old man.

Then, I find the comments section of the video is flooded with RIP messages. Apparently, the boy in the video was Robert Arquette, and then later Alexis Arquette. Silly celebrity-worship websites describe Alexis as an actress and "advocate for transgender rights". I don't know of or care about her film career, but I vaguely remember a TV show aptly called The Surreal Life. I did watch a bit of this and formed the opinion that Alexis Arquette had a strong sense of humor.

This is is why I mention her on this thread: it appears there is some controversy about her death. She was transitioning back to being a man. She'd had HIV for some time, and therefore her body wasn't so great at fighting infections. Could it be the infection that killed her was from the surgery involved in transitioning a transgender back to the original gender? How complicated that must be!

Internet and probably TV reports that she died from HIV complications, which seems to be true. But the larger picture here is that a representative for "transgender rights" (or issues or awareness or straight-up propaganda--whatever your personal buzzword is) was ultimately unsatisfied with his "gender choice". Any thoughts about this?

The song, by the way, was The Tubes, "She's A Beauty".

Aero

Superstar
I think homosexuality and transgender in children is something a lot of people of faith struggle with.
This is where you generalized first Haich. And I wrote my previous post in haste. My bad yall, I'll try to write better.

What I wanted to write is that if they struggle with those two things, the chances are good they struggle with other lifestyles. So what I'm getting at is, what's your point? Because it just seemed to me like your trying to drum up some kind of sympathy for the faithful. Like we are supposed to feel guilty because the world doesn't match what they want.

Aero

Superstar
Just last week I was shopping at a store where I heard an early '80s song, and was glad to hear it. On the way home, I vaguely remembered that the MTV music video involved a circus. So I look it up on YouTube and the trip down nostalgia lane brings me to a fairly creative music video of a pre-adolescent boy riding a carnival ride where he gets to peep on a good amount of T & A and, at the end of the ride, he is an old man.

Then, I find the comments section of the video is flooded with RIP messages. Apparently, the boy in the video was Robert Arquette, and then later Alexis Arquette. Silly celebrity-worship websites describe Alexis as an actress and "advocate for transgender rights". I don't know of or care about her film career, but I vaguely remember a TV show aptly called The Surreal Life. I did watch a bit of this and formed the opinion that Alexis Arquette had a strong sense of humor.

This is is why I mention her on this thread: it appears there is some controversy about her death. She was transitioning back to being a man. She'd had HIV for some time, and therefore her body wasn't so great at fighting infections. Could it be the infection that killed her was from the surgery involved in transitioning a transgender back to the original gender? How complicated that must be!

Internet and probably TV reports that she died from HIV complications, which seems to be true. But the larger picture here is that a representative for "transgender rights" (or issues or awareness or straight-up propaganda--whatever your personal buzzword is) was ultimately unsatisfied with his "gender choice". Any thoughts about this?

I remember hearing some people were upset he was left out of that big Grammys eulogy. So you might be onto something. Clearly he wasn't part of the agenda.

It's kind of a miracle he survived the surgery with having H.I.V. If there was a second surgery though, that's clearly taking it too far. Never mind the risk of infection. It's wrong to trivialize these surgeries.

Haich

Superstar

That's such a sad story, it's interesting that you said she was dissatisfied with her gender choice, it's such an invasive and sometimes irreversible procedure that people shouldn't be encouraged to jump into transitioning, they should know the cold hard facts and side effects of these surgeries.

I mean imagine a man removing his penis and deciding many years later, he wants to revert back to having one? People aren't told about the permanence of these procedures in the media and we're just encouraged to go for it sometimes

Haich

Superstar
He's
This is where you generalized first Haich. And I wrote my previous post in haste. My bad yall, I'll try to write better.

What I wanted to write is that if they struggle with those two things, the chances are good they struggle with other lifestyles. So what I'm getting at is, what's your point? Because it just seemed to me like your trying to drum up some kind of sympathy for the faithful. Like we are supposed to feel guilty because the world doesn't match what they want.
Not at all, why would people of faith need sympathy? They don't seek validation, you can't please everyone in society so they just live their lives.

Their belief systems shape their entire outlook on life and there just needs to be more distinction between conservative and liberal followers. Why are people of faith painted as loonies? It's not a matter of sympathy , if we fight for people to be called with their chosen pronouns, if the churches open their doors (well some churches) to same sex marriages, why don't we look at the modernisation that has taken place in the Abrahamic religions instead of focusing on a minority of hard headed believers

No you don't have to feel guilty how on earth did you even come to that conclusion! I'll keep it short Aero, all I'm trying to say is the same way a gay, straight, trans (any group of people) practice their lifestyle and are widely accepted, people of faith need to be respected too. They don't have to agree with how things are in the world, as long as we coexist and embrace commonalities, differences shouldn't be a means of division especially in western societies where citizens are from all walks of life.

Aero

Superstar
He's

Not at all, why would people of faith need sympathy? They don't seek validation, you can't please everyone in society so they just live their lives.

Their belief systems shape their entire outlook on life and there just needs to be more distinction between conservative and liberal followers. Why are people of faith painted as loonies? It's not a matter of sympathy , if we fight for people to be called with their chosen pronouns, if the churches open their doors (well some churches) to same sex marriages, why don't we look at the modernisation that has taken place in the Abrahamic religions instead of focusing on a minority of hard headed believers

No you don't have to feel guilty how on earth did you even come to that conclusion! I'll keep it short Aero, all I'm trying to say is the same way a gay, straight, trans (any group of people) practice their lifestyle and are widely accepted, people of faith need to be respected too. They don't have to agree with how things are in the world, as long as we coexist and embrace commonalities, differences shouldn't be a means of division especially in western societies where citizens are from all walks of life.
I agree and I think the answers to your questions are already here.

It is those religious fanatics that push people away. Like my Aunt, while not being a fanatic there is just something about her. She can make you feel guilty for not instantly converting. And I basically already believe in Christ. I just think her faith is driven more by her own complexes in her mind. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing, until you start doing more harm than good to the cause. I don't need or want to be converted, I want to be educated.

Haich

Superstar
That's fair enough, there's a handful of people like your aunt in my life who just pressure others to see things their way, I think ultimately every journey to God is different and as long as you believe in some higher power, you'll find truth and peace.

mecca

Superstar
People aren't told about the permanence of these procedures in the media and we're just encouraged to go for it sometimes
I think the permanence is implied. Also if someone was encouraged to just do it, they'd still have to talk with their family and doctors and all those people should offer some more perspective on how big of a decision it would be.

Phoenix

Rookie
That's such a sad story, it's interesting that you said she was dissatisfied with her gender choice, it's such an invasive and sometimes irreversible procedure that people shouldn't be encouraged to jump into transitioning, they should know the cold hard facts and side effects of these surgeries.

I mean imagine a man removing his penis and deciding many years later, he wants to revert back to having one? People aren't told about the permanence of these procedures in the media and we're just encouraged to go for it sometimes
My thoughts exactly. And since this is a "conspiracy" site, I thought it was appropriate to bring up the possibility that her dissatisfaction with the transition is somewhat suppressed. Not that I claim to know personally. Thanks for replying! ;)

Aero

Superstar
There's definitely a conspiracy to make men more feminine. Which would be a good thing, except it's all being done subliminally. Basically the more a man tries to deny his feminine side the more he will overcompensate. What could be a more sensitive and balanced man, instead is unbalanced and confused. That's my theory anyway

SkepticCat

Veteran

Transgender Bruce locked away in his cage, despairing, suggests maybe, just maybe, there could be an agenda to the transgender craze.

Just look at this picture... at this point, my 'witchcraft detector' is going off the charts. 'Christmas card'... uhuh.

All the pictures you get if you type 'kardashian card' into a search engine are utterly disturbing.

SkepticCat

Veteran
a friend of mine is going trans and im torn between either telling her to stop and thus end friendship and be labeled as a transphobic or support her and live with the sadness
Can't you show him/her(!) this picture below and explain what it means? And let this person see this entire discussion we're having here, and the general VC website?

Just a suggestion. I won't impose on anyone what to think or do but at this point I feel it's so overwhelmingly obvious that all this Illuminati jazz is true (coincidental eye patch on that cat t-shirt again, huh? lol - sigh) that I feel I have the responsibility to point it out to anyone remotely likely to listen - everyone must draw their own conclusions to what this is but for me it's pretty clear.

Lisa

Superstar

Transgender Bruce locked away in his cage, despairing, suggests maybe, just maybe, there could be an agenda to the transgender craze.

Just look at this picture... at this point, my 'witchcraft detector' is going off the charts. 'Christmas card'... uhuh.

All the pictures you get if you type 'kardashian card' into a search engine are utterly disturbing.
I always thought it was weird how he's so upset, like he wishes he could go back to what he was. And what was that...well, he's looking at a man mannequin.

Haich

Superstar
I always thought it was weird how he's so upset, like he wishes he could go back to what he was. And what was that...well, he's looking at a man mannequin.
Have you seen Bruce lately? He just looks lost and uncomfortable. I mean his transition was so abrupt and sudden...then he was absolutely sensationalised, got his own TV show and endorsement deals

mecca

Superstar
Have you seen Bruce lately? He just looks lost and uncomfortable. I mean his transition was so abrupt and sudden...then he was absolutely sensationalised, got his own TV show and endorsement deals
Bruce/Caitlyn's story is odd. Everything about that family is odd.

Aero

Superstar
Right it's one thing to see someone out there in a bad mood, or wearing a weird shirt. But they put these pictures out there on purpose. I don't really care how people live their lives. But don't pretend something is rooted in healthy minded thinking, when it isn't.

manama

Star
There's definitely a conspiracy to make men more feminine. Which would be a good thing, except it's all being done subliminally. Basically the more a man tries to deny his feminine side the more he will overcompensate. What could be a more sensitive and balanced man, instead is unbalanced and confused. That's my theory anyway
Making a guy the face of cover girl etc
its all happening

UnspokenSoliloquy

Established
After seeing the Khardashsians for years I though Bruce lost it because he never got the same attention as the girls, kind of the same thing with Rob and his spiral. He needed a male figure in his life to give him direction. His spiral started after he graduated college and it was time to start his life. For Bruce his spiral was that he didn't really have a voice in that home, he was just there.

Haich

Superstar
Bruce/Caitlyn's story is odd. Everything about that family is odd.
Yh the kartrashians are incredibly odd but Bruce Jenner I feel quite sorry for, it seems he's struggling a lot with his new identity.

I feel sorry for the pre-teens that are going to grow up and look at this reality tv crap as truth when in reality it's scripted.