Transgender Kids in mainstream media

Trenton

Veteran
Cisgender isn't a new term btw. It's a medical term that's been around since (1940s I think) to refer to an individual who is in harmony with their biologically assigned sex.

Haich

Superstar
Cisgender isn't a new term btw. It's a medical term that's been around since (1940s I think) to refer to an individual who is in harmony with their biologically assigned sex.

The earliest reference to the term that I could find was the 1990s.

Etymology and terminology

German sexologist Volkmar Sigusch used the neologism cissexual (zissexuell in German) in a peer-reviewed publication. In his 1998 essay "The Neosexual Revolution", he cites his two-part 1991 article "Die Transsexuellen und unser nosomorpher Blick" ("Transsexuals and our nosomorphic view") as the origin of the term.[3] He also used the term in the title of a 1995 article, "Transsexueller Wunsch und zissexuelle Abwehr" (or: "Transsexual desire and cissexual defense").[4]

Can't really find it being used before then

Trenton

Veteran
The earliest reference to the term that I could find was the 1990s.

Etymology and terminology

German sexologist Volkmar Sigusch used the neologism cissexual (zissexuell in German) in a peer-reviewed publication. In his 1998 essay "The Neosexual Revolution", he cites his two-part 1991 article "Die Transsexuellen und unser nosomorpher Blick" ("Transsexuals and our nosomorphic view") as the origin of the term.[3] He also used the term in the title of a 1995 article, "Transsexueller Wunsch und zissexuelle Abwehr" (or: "Transsexual desire and cissexual defense").[4]

Can't really find it being used before then
Odd.

mecca

Superstar
Because most people just accept the reality of who they are and they don't focus on projecting the perception of reality they've created for themselves
So you had to accept that you are female? Or did you just never truly feel like you were a male? I think most people never truly feel like the opposite sex, so there's nothing to accept, they already feel normal and comfortable being cisgender because that's who they are.

But transgender people truly identify as the opposite sex. Of course they have to accept that biology is unchangeable and their chromosomes will define them as a male or a female biologically, but they still have an intrinsic part of themselves that makes them identify as the opposite of what they were born as.

Last edited:

mecca

Superstar
Please explain how experience and personality isn't influenced by gender.
Why are there inherit characteristics in men which aren't as common in women, and vice versa?
Well experiences are definitely influenced by gender because people treat people differently based on gender. But I don't think gender plays such a huge part in what an individual likes. I think personality and preferences stem more from someone's soul and intrinsic personal feelings rather than their biology or chromosomes. It's more of an individual thing.

Last edited:

Haich

Superstar
So you had to accept that you are female? Or did you just never truly feel like you were a male? I think most people never truly feel like the opposite sex, so there's nothing to accept, they already feel normal and comfortable being cisgender because that's who they are. But transgender people truly identify as the opposite sex. Of course they have to accept that biology is unchangeable and their chromosomes will define them as a male or a female biologically, but they still have an intrinsic part of themselves that makes them identify as the opposite of what they were born as.
You love to complicate such a simple thing.

If you don't have any issues with your perception of gender, you don't have to accept anything. The issue comes when you can't accept your gender or your mind conflicts with your body.

How can you identify with something other than what has already been established? We don't choose our gender, it's there in every fibre of our being.

They can identify as whatever they want but it still doesn't make it a healthy and normal thought process. It's an alien concept to even fathom and the vast majority of people don't get it.

Adults are free to do what they like but the reality of the matter is, that mainstream media has hijacked the idea of transgenderism and propelled it into the realm of children and young people. There are just too many documentaries detailing the 'brave' struggle of a child coming to terms with being transgender, an advert showing transgender people sipping away on their tea with their adopted kids; it just makes no sense why it's all been propelled into the media.

What is the elite trying to achieve?

Haich

Superstar
Well experiences are definitely influenced by gender because people treat people differently based on gender. But I don't think gender plays such a huge part in what an individual likes. I think personality and preferences stem more from someone's soul and intrinsic personal feelings rather than their biology or chromosomes.
I agree with the personality and preferences point, these are from our soul and we gravitate towards things which please our nature

mecca

Superstar
You love to complicate such a simple thing.
I'm not complicating it... I think it's pretty simple. I actually love to simplify things.
If you don't have any issues with your perception of gender, you don't have to accept anything.
Yeah, that's what I said.
How can you identify with something other than what has already been established?
I don't know what you mean. Transgender people have a gender identity that doesn't match their biological sex.
We don't choose our gender, it's there in every fibre of our being.
I'm sure transgender people believe this as well, they didn't choose the be transgender, it's just how they are. If gender identity is in every fiber of one's being, does that not mean that there's more to it than just biology? (Especially in the case of intersex people)

Last edited:

mecca

Superstar
mainstream media has hijacked the idea of transgenderism and propelled it into the realm of children and young people
True.
t just makes no sense why it's all been propelled into the media.
Maybe more people are talking about it now so they want cash in on it and exploit these people for money and ratings.

JoChris

Superstar
This transgender debate is getting out of hand here in Australia. They are actually considering banning the words 'male' and 'female' in sex education in schools to make it inclusive for transgender students. FFS!

https://au.news.yahoo.com/sa/a/37323662/same-sex-marriage-opponents-slam-genderless-school-sex-ed-calls/
Deny reality, ignore obvious differences to make tiny minority groups feel less excluded.
I hope that doesn't spread to QLD but I wouldn't be surprised.

makeorbreak

Established
Read an intereresting article about a Dr. Miroslav Djordevic, a urologist, in Belgrade. He's been treating transgenders in a clinic for over 10 years now and he's seeing a large increase in the number of patients opting for reversal of their transgender surgeries. He blames it on those people who have not have sufficient psychiatric screening and guidance before making their decision the first time. He has performed 7 reversals in the past five years with another 8 in consultation or undergoing operations. He says most are those wanting to reattach male genitalia at a cost of about $20,000. He claims there is a stigma attached to the reversal surgery and that may be a factor in others not coming forward with a formal request despite an initial inquiry as to whether it's possible. More often, an insurance company will now pay the gender reassignment but one has to wonder if they should also pay for the reversals. That would not be fair to the rest of us having to shore up the cost of providing medical coverage with our premiums. I've checked him online and google has a lot of items confirming the existence of his clinic and his credentials. Just wanted to check it out to make sure it wasn't fake news.

elsbet

Superstar
Read an intereresting article about a Dr. Miroslav Djordevic, a urologist, in Belgrade. He's been treating transgenders in a clinic for over 10 years now and he's seeing a large increase in the number of patients opting for reversal of their transgender surgeries. He blames it on those people who have not have sufficient psychiatric screening and guidance before making their decision the first time. He has performed 7 reversals in the past five years with another 8 in consultation or undergoing operations. He says most are those wanting to reattach male genitalia at a cost of about $20,000. He claims there is a stigma attached to the reversal surgery and that may be a factor in others not coming forward with a formal request despite an initial inquiry as to whether it's possible. More often, an insurance company will now pay the gender reassignment but one has to wonder if they should also pay for the reversals. That would not be fair to the rest of us having to shore up the cost of providing medical coverage with our premiums. I've checked him online and google has a lot of items confirming the existence of his clinic and his credentials. Just wanted to check it out to make sure it wasn't fake news.
That's pretty telling. Gender reassignment is such a RADICAL procedure, I guess it makes sense that it doesn't always work the way so many people imagine it will.

Trenton

Veteran
Insurance most definitely doesn't cover GRS. Most insurance will pay for HRT (it only costs ~$40 a month out of pocket anyway)

But shit, if you know a good insurance company who will pay for a $30,000 procedure in Serbia by all means tell me. lol

Joking aside here,

These people werent properly evauated by mental health professionals in the first place. It's really unfortunate, and it makes me really sad when folks make such a drastic change to their body only later to regret it.

Even facial plastic surgery done by depressed people or with BDD can end up regretting it.

Dr. Djordjevic is one of the best urological surgeons in the world. If I ever got reconstructive surgery myself I'd definitely fly to Belgrade. He's got a lot of integrity, and I know several people who have had their surgery with him. Those folks are very happy about it. However he mostly operates on female-to-male transexuals.

I'm not even sure how the hell you can reattach a penis?

If they can reattach a penis on a male, why can't they attach a penis on FTMs in the first place??? The world may never know.. #mysogyny #imjustbeingadick

makeorbreak

Established
People wonder why insurance companies are so stubborn when it comes to paying out claims but they don't realize how many challenging decisions they must make everyday. Unless you've been in the situation, you can't understand how not feeling comfortable in your own body can be a life-threatening condition. Depression hits everyone hard. The 400 pound person who can't lose the weight can get stomach reduction surgery paid for. A person with a facial deformity can get their surgery paid for to make them more presentable and acceptable to society's norms. The problem is that a person who is not comfortable in their own body due to gender issues, the problem is invisible to everyone around them. My only concern is that an insurance company should not have to pay twice for operations for the same problem. The 400 pound person does not usually ask to have their stomachs resized so they can gain the weight back and the person with the facial deformity does not ask to have their deformity restored. Proper preparation is the key and that means ensuring you have made the final decision with no regrets. Any changes going back should be your financial responsibility. It's only fair.