Trans?

mecca

Superstar
reinventing your entire self and life usually comes with further issues on top of the existing ones
But since they're still the same person after they transition, are they really completely reinventing themselves? All they do is change their name and their appearance is different. Then they might be able to accept themselves because they would feel comfortable with how they look and how people treat them. But idk because sometimes people don't feel complete after they transition either.

Haich

Superstar
What if their only issue was that they don't look like a man?
They will have issues after transitioning, family and friends may or may not be accepting, the individual would have to go through the courts to legally change their name etc - issues upon issues

Incognito

Established
They will have issues after transitioning, family and friends may or may not be accepting, the individual would have to go through the courts to legally change their name etc - issues upon issues
Anyone who wouldn't accept you after you don't need in your life anyways

Haich

Superstar
But since they're still the same person after they transition, are they really completely reinventing themselves? All they do is change their name and their appearance is different. Then they might be able to accept themselves because they would feel comfortable with how they look and how people treat them. But idk because sometimes people don't feel complete after they transition either.
Of course they completely reinvent themselves, they perform the gender they want. It's a totally new and different identity and the person will change in their entirety. They may be the same person but to everyone else, it's a new person.

Many don't feel complete that's what I was saying to Incognito, I don't want her to have this false sense of security that transitioning will solve all her problems

mecca

Superstar
Even family?
If they don't make the effort to support and understand their family member who transitions... then they're not a positive influence in that person's life and it wouldn't be good to interact with them until they become more open minded.

Incognito

Established
Let's say this. I don't hate myself as I am. I am a good person. Funny. Empathetic. Nice. But me as a woman? I would like to be a man.

mecca

Superstar
how about being able to flee the sinking ship before the men?
If I was a man and I was on a sinking ship, I wouldn't give a shit about anyone else besides me and my family and I would be the first one out.

Okay. Fair. People always want to better their life. But as I am now? Hurting
I know a little bit about hurt. In a different way. I also know about looking in the wrong places to give me some type of hope or happiness. Im sorry you feel the way you do, but theres no surgery or magic spell that will fix all your problems and make everything ok. You may end up looking like a man but you wont ever be a man. This life can be a little cold, and there are some things we can either accept, or dont and allow it to eat us up. Whatever it is that youre looking for, youre not going to find it on an operating table.