Training vs just working out

TempestOfTempo

Superstar
I have to have a goal to motivate me. Lately I’ve been getting into jogging and running 5Ks it’s not much but knowing I have a “race” it prompts me to run. I haven’t done much with weights because I prefer to use machines over free weights. I like the level of control I have with the machines as well as the reduced risk of injury.
Hammer Strength!

TempestOfTempo

Superstar
Eh a little. I do eat fast food. I drink monster.
I do not drink alcohol and minimal to zero soda intake.

I try to buy local produce as much as I can. Every meal I take in is protein/carb balanced. I treat fruits/veggies as antioxidant intake.
You a really smart dude and good Papa as well. Drop that nasty Monster though! Ifn you gots to go there, perhaps a more natural solution might work? These jernts used to be off the charts. https://visoenergy.com/
Haven't tried them for a while so you might have to investigate, but its a start at least.

P.S. UW Huskies undefeated... we coming for that Dawg spot in the NCAA playoffs!

Maes17

Superstar
I have to have a goal to motivate me. Lately I’ve been getting into jogging and running 5Ks it’s not much but knowing I have a “race” it prompts me to run. I haven’t done much with weights because I prefer to use machines over free weights. I like the level of control I have with the machines as well as the reduced risk of injury.
I’m not much of a jogger cause I’ve always trained power/strength. Jogging is hard. Respect to you. The most I can do non stop is 2 miles and I’ll be honest the first 3 laps at a track are hard for me. Once I get that runners high and go numb I can push the 2 mile limit lol

Maes17

Superstar
Hammer Strength!
I’m a power systems guy.
Been buying most of my weight plates from power systems and rep fitness.

Hard to kick the monster habit. That’s years of addiction lol.

I’m a Dawg through and through. Cannot change my mind. Proud alum.

Good luck to the Huskies. My guys are not in playoff contention unless Florida loses some games

AshCash

Established
Well working out has trained my mind so I think they both play a part for me. I do hip-hop dancing so I like dance from the moment I get up to the minute I fall asleep xD I make my own workout videos so I'm like part chorographer lol and yes I do get tired but my mind tells me to get going since I've trained it to be like that. Rest is important too though. So I workout by dancing, doing cardio, HIIT, Pilates, arm and ab workouts, basically anything on YouTube I do. I really train to dance though so I'm like 22% Michael Jackson xD I've been working out since age 12 and I've found I'm rlly mentally strong now whenever I do burpees that would like kill someone else but not me cause I just keep going. Working out has helped me with emotional issues too because I've had some trauma that bugs me and when I think about it dancing helps me to forget it's kinda like a drug xD