Training vs just working out

TempestOfTempo

Superstar
I have to have a goal to motivate me. Lately I’ve been getting into jogging and running 5Ks it’s not much but knowing I have a “race” it prompts me to run. I haven’t done much with weights because I prefer to use machines over free weights. I like the level of control I have with the machines as well as the reduced risk of injury.
Hammer Strength!

TempestOfTempo

Superstar
Eh a little. I do eat fast food. I drink monster.
I do not drink alcohol and minimal to zero soda intake.

I try to buy local produce as much as I can. Every meal I take in is protein/carb balanced. I treat fruits/veggies as antioxidant intake.
You a really smart dude and good Papa as well. Drop that nasty Monster though! Ifn you gots to go there, perhaps a more natural solution might work? These jernts used to be off the charts. https://visoenergy.com/
Haven't tried them for a while so you might have to investigate, but its a start at least.

P.S. UW Huskies undefeated... we coming for that Dawg spot in the NCAA playoffs!

Maes17

Superstar
I have to have a goal to motivate me. Lately I’ve been getting into jogging and running 5Ks it’s not much but knowing I have a “race” it prompts me to run. I haven’t done much with weights because I prefer to use machines over free weights. I like the level of control I have with the machines as well as the reduced risk of injury.
I’m not much of a jogger cause I’ve always trained power/strength. Jogging is hard. Respect to you. The most I can do non stop is 2 miles and I’ll be honest the first 3 laps at a track are hard for me. Once I get that runners high and go numb I can push the 2 mile limit lol

Maes17

Superstar
Hammer Strength!
I’m a power systems guy.
Been buying most of my weight plates from power systems and rep fitness.

Hard to kick the monster habit. That’s years of addiction lol.

I’m a Dawg through and through. Cannot change my mind. Proud alum.

Good luck to the Huskies. My guys are not in playoff contention unless Florida loses some games