Toxic mold illness -Ignorance and denial

Glad 2 know

Veteran
So I am sharing an experience I am having the misfortune of going through and I hope you can give your input. So I discovered the place I live in is plagued by mold, it's in the carpet, on the ceiling on the walls, and I have just learned this place had a horrible mold problem years ago. A mold test was done and 5 different kinds of mold were found. I"m beyond horrified
As a result, the symptoms I have been plagued with are:
memory problems, inability to concentrate, sleep problems, fatigue, development of allergies (which I've never had in my life) shortness of breath, frequent colds and respiratory infections, dizziness, irritability, anxiety, heart palpitations, heartburn,itchy skin, sudden sharp pains, abdominal pain, puffy abdomen, and probably another thing or two that I can't remember. I read it can cause way worse problems and even death with prolonged exposure.
I called the county health department, they can't help. My city code enforcement, they can't help because it's got tenant/landlord elements. The doctor I went to told me it's not the mold that is causing my problems. The landlord says there's no toxic mold and the health problems are caused by something else and to not rely on online info.
I went online and have found a ton of information that matches my situation exactly.I never knew the problem was so big until I now that I'm experiencing it myself.
Most people I have talked to have been adamant and skeptical. A couple of people know what I'm talking about and don't make me feel crazy. Has anyone of you gone through this problem or someone you know? I can't wait to leave this sick place.
If you are experiencing any of these symptoms on this list you're not crazy.
https://rense.com/general74/morg4.htm

Last edited:

manama

Star
I don't know any person who doesn't know that mold causes serious health issues. If what you're saying is true, then your landlord is probably not going to do anything because getting rid of mold costs money and if you push it further it might even come out of your pocket since clearly one has to either be bad at or not care about cleaning for a mold to develop that far.

Mold related illnesses require you to be heavily exposed to it. You're being paranoid. Unless you have severe asthma or other allergy issues you aren't dying or getting severely ill. You probably have some other illness but only your doctor can tell you that.

Either move out or get some serious cleaning done.

UnderAlienControl

Superstar
So I am sharing an experience I am having the misfortune of going through and I hope you can give your input. So I discovered the place I live in is plagued by mold, it's in the carpet, on the ceiling on the walls, and I have just learned this place had a horrible mold problem years ago. A mold test was done and 5 different kinds of mold were found. I"m beyond horrified
As a result, the symptoms I have been plagued with are memory problems, inability to concentrate, sleep problems, fatigue, development of allergies (which I've never had in my life), shortness of breath, frequent colds and respiratory infections, dizziness, irritability, anxiety, and probably another thing or two that I can't remember. I read it can cause way worse problems and even death.
I called the county health department, they can't help. My city code enforcement, they can't help because it's got tenant/landlord elements. The doctor I went to told me it's not the mold that is causing my problems. The landlord says there's no toxic mold and the health problems are caused by something else and to not rely on online info.
I went online and have found a ton of information that matches my situation exactly.I never knew the problem was so big until I now that I'm experiencing it myself.
Most people I have talked to have been adamant and skeptical. A couple of people know what I'm talking about and don't make me feel crazy. Has anyone of you gone through this problem or someone you know? I can't wait to leave this sick place.
Leave. It's like poison ivy. Some people can't brush against it without getting it, while others can roll around in it with no problems. But eventually it will get to them too, and in most cases they will get far sicker.

If you've had a water leak, you've got mold. Trust me, that sh*t poisoned the hell out of me and all your symptoms are consistent with what I experienced, the loss of breath being the scariest. And that breathlessness will repeat every 6-10 hours. To feel better, you are going to have to vacate if it's that saturated in your environment. If not, it has to be cut out of the environment (carpets, wood, etc.) and is usually done by people in hazmat suits bagging all the contaminated wallboard etc. (we used N-95 masks-it's the only one that will keep it out while you are working) You will need a scrip for Doxycycline and Prednisone (the 1-2 cocktail) and usually some Flonase was prescribed also. Also cut the sugar because you are feeding it in your body that way. BTW, On 48 Hours I watched a stockbroker win $32 million from Farmers Home Insurance because they didn't remediate the toxicity in the home and he suffered brain damage from it. Would forget where he parked his car. Would forget his kid's name. Got a big payout. Also watched it take down a 6 million dollar plantation home in Texas. Couldn't be saved. Water line to the fridge had leaked and buckled the floor before they knew what was up and then it ate that house. Not surprised though, what with the humidity down there. A nurse at the hospital told me that she's from there and that east Texas is ate up with it. But if you've been to the Gulf Coast, you know that humidity is a beast.

I know more about this subject than I care to know, and it was all learned through hard experience as I am apparently very sensitive to it. Another bad effect of toxic mold spores is that they enter cells and then burst them from the inside out, leaving lung scarring etc. behind. See, when it's wet, it's an allergen. But if you dry it out (which we did when attempting to replace some flooring from a water leak) it thinks it's dying so it launches billions of spores into the air, and these are a poison. A mycotoxin. And that's when the emergency room visits for a breathing treatment of albuterol and all of those other fun things start, and knowing nothing about toxic mold at the time, wondering what is going on. And the people who can take it longer usually end up the sickest with pneumonia etc. Because they can take it longer, they stay chronically sick (ears, nose, throat) until they get real sick. It hits people like me so hard and fast that we have to go and get treatment faster. And it's a puzzler til you figure it out. And btw, you can only kill it when it is in it's wet stage. Once it spores, mold spores are pretty much indestructible. They,ve burned down houses that were infested, and when it was over the mold spores remained and that was a 900 degree fire. So they are kinda forever.

Last edited:

manama

Star
Leave. It's like poison ivy. Some people can't brush against it without getting it, while others can roll around in it with no problems. But eventually it will get to them too, and in most cases they will get far sicker.

If you've had a water leak, you've got mold. Trust me, that sh*t poisoned the hell out of me and all your symptoms are consistent with what I experienced, the loss of breath being the scariest. And that breathlessness will repeat every 6-10 hours. To feel better, you are going to have to vacate if it's that saturated in your environment. If not, it has to be cut out of the environment (carpets, wood, etc.) and is usually done by people in hazmat suits bagging all the contaminated wallboard etc. (we used N-95 masks-it's the only one that will keep it out while you are working) You will need a scrip for Doxycycline and Prednisone (the 1-2 cocktail) and usually some Flonase was prescribed also. Also cut the sugar because you are feeding it in your body that way. BTW, On 48 Hours I watched a stockbroker win $32 million from Farmers Home Insurance because they didn't remediate the toxicity in the home and he suffered brain damage from it. Would forget where he parked his car. Would forget his kid's name. Got a big payout. Also watched it take down a 6 million dollar plantation home in Texas. Couldn't be saved. Water line to the fridge had leaked and buckled the floor before they knew what was up and then it ate that house. Not surprised though, what with the humidity down there. A nurse at the hospital told me that she's from there and that east Texas is ate up with it. But if you've been to the Gulf Coast, you know that humidity is a beast.

I know more about this subject than I care to know, and it was all learned through hard experience as I am apparently very sensitive to it. Another bad effect of toxic mold spores is that they enter cells and then burst them from the inside out, leaving lung scarring etc. behind. See, when it's wet, it's an allergen. But if you dry it out (which we did when attempting to replace some flooring from a water leak) it thinks it's dying so it launches billions of spores into the air, and these are a poison. A mycotoxin. And that's when the emergency room visits for a breathing treatment of albuterol and all of those other fun things start, and knowing nothing about toxic mold at the time, wondering what is going on. And the people who can take it longer usually end up the sickest with pneumonia etc. Because they can take it longer, they stay chronically sick (ears, nose, throat) until they get real sick. It hits people like me so hard and fast that we have to go and get treatment faster. And it's a puzzler til you figure it out. And btw, you can only kill it when it is in it's wet stage. Once it spores, mold spores are pretty much indestructible. They,ve burned down houses that were infested, and when it was over the mold spores remained and that was a 900 degree fire. So they are kinda forever.

I thought bleaching killed/cleaned mold.

Glad 2 know

Veteran
I don't know any person who doesn't know that mold causes serious health issues. If what you're saying is true, then your landlord is probably not going to do anything because getting rid of mold costs money and if you push it further it might even come out of your pocket since clearly one has to either be bad at or not care about cleaning for a mold to develop that far.

Well I knew mold was very bad for your health but how is one to totally know Unless one goes through it. How could one possibly know how bad it can affect a person unless you talk to someone that has gone through it.
Of course what I'm saying is true, why would I make this up? I have better things to do than be making up stories.
You're right, the landlord has refused to do everything to fix the problem since it will be costly, in my personal opinion, this place should be CONDEMNED, no one should be allowed to live here.
No, it should NOT come out of my pocket, by LAW the landlord has to make sure his property is inhabitable/habitable.

Mold related illnesses require you to be heavily exposed to it. You're being paranoid. Unless you have severe asthma or other allergy issues you aren't dying or getting severely ill. You probably have some other illness but only your doctor can tell you that.
Of course I have been heavily exposed, I have been living here almost 2 years so yes I have been breathing mold spores from 6 different types of mold while I'm awake and asleep, I forgot to mention this place also has the dreaded black mold. The mold damaged all of my bed (had to throw it out) , it damaged my bedding, I found mold underneath my tv stand, black mold in the bathroom. I am a healthy person, I work out 7 days a week, limit my sugar intake, don't indulge in junk food etc etc so no I have NEVER had allergies until NOW and I have NEVER been so sick until NOW.
Either move out or get some serious cleaning done.
I am moving out, no sane person would want to live in a place where fungus overtakes the body and obliterates the immune system. I have to mention that ever since I took it upon myself to clean all the walls with apple cider vinegar, some of my symptoms have gone away. I no longer have heartburn or sensitivities to wheat and other foods, the shortness of breath is not as bad, and I'm not experiencing much dizziness.

Last edited:

Glad 2 know

Veteran

Thank you THANK YOU Thank you UnderAlienControl I wish I could give your comment a Million Likes. You have given me information that I did Not know and that I'm VERY thankful for. It makes the scope of the situation more frightening but I am taking action. This nightmare started unfolding little by little and if it hadn't been for the internet and people like you, I would most likely be totally oblivious.
I'm sorry you had to go through it yourself. It feels like a nightmare, you wish you could just leave right now and not have to deal with it at all. You and I understand each other about this and we know that this problem is REAL. This thing is a plague, of the worst kind. Just because you can't see the spores flying everywhere doesn't meant they're not there.
About the stock broker, wow, people don't get that the problem is that bad that once there's mold and it's not removed, it spreads everywhere and yes those spores, they fly all over and stick on anything. Denial and negligence will cause a building to be lost forever. I am afraid about the brain damage part, I'm afraid I've been here long enough to mess up my brain like that. I hate it that I forget things like never before and I have trouble typing.
All that valuable info about the capacity of the mold is So eye-opening it gave me the chills, specially what it does to cells and how resistant it is. Your information is the one that has really made the biggest impression. The biggest THANK YOU.

manama

Star
I am moving out, no sane person would want to live in a place where fungus overtakes the body and obliterates the immune system. I have to mention that ever since I took it upon myself to clean all the walls with apple cider vinegar, some of my symptoms have gone away. I no longer have heartburn or sensitivities to wheat and other foods, the shortness of breath is not as bad, and I'm not experiencing much dizziness.
Good for you.

It is a common misconception. No my dear, bleach doesn't help at all and it is not recommended.
You just said that you cleaned it with vinegar so it clearly does work lol.

Glad 2 know

Veteran
No my dear, bleach makes the problem worse and it is not recommended.

I watched the videos. They are a true testament to the mold sickness situations. In the second video, I have some questions that only the family can answer, Are they still experiencing symptoms? Any long-lasting effects even after leaving the sick building? Did they see a doctor that specializes in mold sickness?
The Erin Brokovich one wow, what a woman and this is the first time I have heard that Erin was going though the mold toxicity. Why haven't they made a movie about that? I guess we know why.
The one about the stockbroker also resonated with me. The memory problems are horrible, it is HARD to function. The poor child with the learning disability is heartbreaking. This made me want to take even more action since I may be more injured than I think :-( Someone has to be held responsible. I believe whoever built these buildings, didn't do a good job, I have learned that a neighbor had a similar problem with mold in his wall. His problem sat in the same area where I found a huge patch of mold with 3 different colors. He had the wall torn down and replaced.

How about you UnderAlienControl, are you still experiencing anything? I'm afraid the memory/concentration problems are long lasting :-(

Both are acids but okay.
It depends on the type of mold and where it is growing. Bleach doesn't penetrate porous materials like drywall or wood. Vinegar does
Chlorine bleach is toxic, vinegar isn't.

I am paranoid about mold and clean my house with vinegar and borax. I hate vinegar smell but it dissipates quickly so I tolerate it. I usually simmer some pantry spices and orange, lemon or apples peels when cleaning to overcome the vinegar smell.

You should ask the landlord for a dehumidifier and use a good filter in your furnace to trap mold spores - change it every 3 months. Invest in air purifiers too if you can, you can get a small one with HEPA filter for 50 or 60 bucks...at least keep one in your bedroom when sleeping. I use Holmes and Honeywell brands and find them very effective.

manama

Star
Bleach is a rather strong base.
Depends on the type.

It depends on the type of mold and where it is growing. Bleach doesn't penetrate porous materials like drywall or wood. Vinegar does

I am paranoid about mold and clean my house with vinegar and borax. I hate vinegar smell but it dissipates quickly so I tolerate it. I usually simmer some pantry spices and orange, lemon or apples peels when cleaning to overcome the vinegar smell.

You should ask the landlord for a dehumidifier and use a good filter in your furnace to trap mold spores - change it every 3 months. Invest in air purifiers too if you can, you can get a small one with HEPA filter for 50 or 60 bucks...at least keep one in your bedroom when sleeping. I use Holmes and Honeywell brands and find them very effective.
I see. My house overall doesn't have a mold problem except one room. I've been ignoring it for a while since im barely at home and when I am, i am way too tired to even bother making something to eat. Once I get a few days off, ill do something about that.

UnderAlienControl

Superstar
How about you UnderAlienControl, are you still experiencing anything? I'm afraid the memory/concentration problems are long lasting :-(
Glad to help. Could be. I find that I'm more forgetful of things, but it's a certain type of forgetful. Like when I was sick from it. Things wouldn't occur to me. It's hard to explain, but it's like buying something you already have, or thinking you need something but you've already got it. Or for instance, problem solving. You have a problem and you think of a solution. But then, say 2-3 days later, you actually come up with the proper solution to the problem and you're like, "why couldn't I come up with that 2 days ago instead of what I did come up with." Hard to describe, but I guess it would fall into the category of trying to operate in a mental fog. It's like you can't set out ALL of the factors and elements in play at once to come up with the best solution. It's like some of the factors have been removed from the thought process. Another example might be like thinking that you still have to do something that's already been done or the situation has changed. But your brain is still stuck at the point of needing to do that task. Like, "I still need to make tea", but in reality you already did last night and it is in the fridge. It's the more perplexing ones like that that tend to point to mold.

I thought bleaching killed/cleaned mold.
Bleach will kill and help clean wet mold off of hard non-porous surfaces. However, on porous surfaces the mold will just retreat farther back into the wood, wallboard, etc. to protect itself. The spores can be denatured by bleach, rubbing off their outer coat, but by the time you get to spores there are billions of them that have been released into the air and they are microscopic. Just waiting to get wet and grow more mold. See, the thing with the mold spores is wherever they land they shoot out a shot of poison to kill any competing molds etc. on the surface. So when they get in your lungs, they shoot that poison and the problems begin. Hepa air cleaners, hepa vacuums and n-95 masks are the best bet for cleanup. See, the spores bond easily with dust, so you really need to wear that mask if you are cleaning where spores are present. Another fun fact: They can penetrate the soil under a house to a level of 3-4 foot deep. They just fall through the dirt. So even if the house is burned down, they have saturated the ground underneath it. Some remediation efforts include digging all of that contaminated soil out and getting rid of it, too. This stuff is a nightmare.

I'm so finely attuned to it now (and living in the Southeast with mobile homes, modular houses, etc. it's always gonna be a problem) that I can walk into your place and withing a coupla minutes tell you if you've got mold. Ears clog, throat starts itching, stuff like that. Here's a story. I used to take care of this abandoned dog. I gotta friend to let him stay in her backyard, but I had to go feed and water him (3 houses down.) So I would have some gallons of water in the front floorboard. One day I'm in the post office waiting in line, and my throat is itching like mad. I start glancing at ceiling tiles, checking the walls, looking for water damage as I'm want to do now, thinking this building has mold. Well, I stop off to water the dog, grab the jugs and then I see it. Some of the water had spilled on the floormat, and a white wispy mold was growing on the floormat. So that was where the itchy throat was coming from. So my body is pretty good at letting me know when it's around and I pay attention to the triggers.

Another example was my friend was working in a Greek restaurant. The building was new, but the roof air units had leaked into the building to the point that you could look over at the wall and see that it was wet from behind. Everybody who worked there was getting sick. They tried to tell the owner, but he was like "but it's a brand new building!" He had to be informed that mold don't care about that. I ate inside once, and I swear the mold was so thick in the air I really thought I could almost see it. Told my friend, "You know that's gonna kick off a lot of bad symptoms and allergic reactions in people eating inside there. And if they're like me, they'll remember where they were and what they were doing when their allergies got triggered." I never went back in. Needless to say the place is now out of business. One of the sickest buildings I've ever experienced and it was brand new.

At least for me it answered questions about why I had had periods of breathlessness throughout my life. Old campers, old car seats, things like that had been where I was when it happened. So that mystery was solved. But it was a mystery at the time. The worst infestation I've seen was new Orleans after Katrina, hence the term "Katrina cough." It's supposed to be at about 4000-5000 units in nature, but when they went to a park and took a reading the count was 50,000 units in the air. So it was pretty bad. As immortalized in the opening of the HBO show Treme (an area of New Orleans.) Just look at that mold. Pretty fearsome....

It's hard to deliver medicine to the lungs, but there is a method that works if you need to use it. It's actually the way that Hemigway and his bunch used to get drunk faster. By inhaling alcohol. Get some booze, pour it into your mouth, then slowly inhale the fumes down into your lungs. This will get the alcohol vapor into your lungs and can kill some of the stuff in there. Also, marijuana smoke is an excellent anti-fungal. The mold don't like the weed, you see. So those are two methods I know of to treat the lungs.

Last edited:

Glad 2 know

Veteran

Now I see the reason why one should be paranoid. I remember we used to clean off any tiny spots of mold growing in the bathroom and since this bathroom window is always open we never spotted any mold. It's in the walls. In the Erin Brokovich case the mold was in the insulation. How is one to know what does one behind a wall unless one starts to get sick. Thank you for the tip on how to mask the vinegar smell :)
Thank you so much for this suggestion too. I would love to have a landlord that would listen to me and wasn't so negligent and that didn't make me feel dumb. She knows mold causes problems but she doesn't care for the extent of the damage. I will definitely get them, and I appreciate your suggestions as well they are very helpful. Like UnderAlienControl mentioned, I have that problem where I'm like "Why couldn't I think of that before" I am so glad to be here because I'm getting much needed help :)

Glad 2 know

Veteran
Glad to help. Could be. I find that I'm more forgetful of things, but it's a certain type of forgetful. Like when I was sick from it. Things wouldn't occur to me. It's hard to explain, but it's like buying something you already have, or thinking you need something but you've already got it. Or for instance, problem solving. You have a problem and you think of a solution. But then, say 2-3 days later, you actually come up with the proper solution to the problem and you're like, "why couldn't I come up with that 2 days ago instead of what I did come up with." Hard to describe, but I guess it would fall into the category of trying to operate in a mental fog. It's like you can't set out ALL of the factors and elements in play at once to come up with the best solution. It's like some of the factors have been removed from the thought process. Another example might be like thinking that you still have to do something that's already been done or the situation has changed. But your brain is still stuck at the point of needing to do that task. Like, "I still need to make tea", but in reality you already did last night and it is in the fridge. It's the more perplexing ones like that that tend to point to mold.

Bleach will kill and help clean wet mold off of hard non-porous surfaces. However, on porous surfaces the mold will just retreat farther back into the wood, wallboard, etc. to protect itself. The spores can be denatured by bleach, rubbing off their outer coat, but by the time you get to spores there are billions of them that have been released into the air and they are microscopic. Just waiting to get wet and grow more mold. See, the thing with the mold spores is wherever they land they shoot out a shot of poison to kill any competing molds etc. on the surface. So when they get in your lungs, they shoot that poison and the problems begin. Hepa air cleaners, hepa vacuums and n-95 masks are the best bet for cleanup. See, the spores bond easily with dust, so you really need to wear that mask if you are cleaning where spores are present. Another fun fact: They can penetrate the soil under a house to a level of 3-4 foot deep. They just fall through the dirt. So even if the house is burned down, they have saturated the ground underneath it. Some remediation efforts include digging all of that contaminated soil out and getting rid of it, too. This stuff is a nightmare.

I'm so finely attuned to it now (and living in the Southeast with mobile homes, modular houses, etc. it's always gonna be a problem) that I can walk into your place and withing a coupla minutes tell you if you've got mold. Ears clog, throat starts itching, stuff like that. Here's a story. I used to take care of this abandoned dog. I gotta friend to let him stay in her backyard, but I had to go feed and water him (3 houses down.) So I would have some gallons of water in the front floorboard. One day I'm in the post office waiting in line, and my throat is itching like mad. I start glancing at ceiling tiles, checking the walls, looking for water damage as I'm want to do now, thinking this building has mold. Well, I stop off to water the dog, grab the jugs and then I see it. Some of the water had spilled on the floormat, and a white wispy mold was growing on the floormat. So that was where the itchy throat was coming from. So my body is pretty good at letting me know when it's around and I pay attention to the triggers.

Another example was my friend was working in a Greek restaurant. The building was new, but the roof air units had leaked into the building to the point that you could look over at the wall and see that it was wet from behind. Everybody who worked there was getting sick. They tried to tell the owner, but he was like "but it's a brand new building!" He had to be informed that mold don't care about that. I ate inside once, and I swear the mold was so thick in the air I really thought I could almost see it. Told my friend, "You know that's gonna kick off a lot of bad symptoms and allergic reactions in people eating inside there. And if they're like me, they'll remember where they were and what they were doing when their allergies got triggered." I never went back in. Needless to say the place is now out of business. One of the sickest buildings I've ever experienced and it was brand new.

At least for me it answered questions about why I had had periods of breathlessness throughout my life. Old campers, old car seats, things like that had been where I was when it happened. So that mystery was solved. But it was a mystery at the time. The worst infestation I've seen was new Orleans after Katrina, hence the term "Katrina cough." It's supposed to be at about 4000-5000 units in nature, but when they went to a park and took a reading the count was 50,000 units in the air. So it was pretty bad. As immortalized in the opening of the HBO show Treme (an area of New Orleans.) Just look at that mold. Pretty fearsome....

It's hard to deliver medicine to the lungs, but there is a method that works if you need to use it. It's actually the way that Hemigway and his bunch used to get drunk faster. By inhaling alcohol. Get some booze, pour it into your mouth, then slowly inhale the fumes down into your lungs. This will get the alcohol vapor into your lungs and can kill some of the stuff in there. Also, marijuana smoke is an excellent anti-fungal. The mold don't like the weed, you see. So those are two methods I know of to treat the lungs.
Thank you so much for answering my question I really appreciate knowing beforehand what I'm going to be dealing with. What you said is exactly what is happening to me. I cannot think of solutions until way later or unless someone else suggests something. I have bought things that I had already bought so I was like "what?? why would I do that??" I do forget a lot and lose track of time really easily too. I just remembered a day after that I needed to make an important phone call. I do things I don't need to do and I also do things that I forget I did 2 minutes later. When I type I miss letters or type the wrong ones a lot or I also miss typing a word. It's frustrating. I feel mentally choppy, sluggish yes like my brain is trying to function while being engulfed in sticky fog. I was just watching Spiderman 3 and the sticky black alien substance that engulfs Spiderman reminded me of mold and its effects. It makes you act and feel differently like that substance made Spiderman. It's something that is so hard to shake off too. Weird that I had that this though :-/
Wow so you can become Very sensitive to it! I did not know. I guess in a way it's like a blessing in disguise, you could tell whoever is operating in that building that there's a mold problem but who knows if they would listen. Maybe they'll most likely will specially if they're feeling sick/off. Hopefully.
It is really amazing to me how your body responds to it. It already knows this harmful invader is present and makes the alarms go off. It's messed up that certain environments favor mold and it's something we can't totally avoid. Where I live right now the weather has been very cool and super humid. It's so humid that when I step on my rug it feels sticky. I feel heavy moisture in the air Every morning and then it heats up in the day. I think that because of the climate changing the incidences of mold are going to shoot up. There's been too much rain here and there and so many water-damaged buildings. There's also too much moisture like I've never experienced before.
It's crazy that new buildings have the problem, I though it was just old ones. Good to know and it's a good thing they're out of business and are not there getting sick. Now if only the city would red tag the building. I'm serious I think that any building that is making people sick needs to be demolished. I wish the city would red-tag this place. Unfortunately it's in a community with adjacent homes but we'll see.
The Katrina thing is frightening. That mold I saw on the video was a hair raiser. How high the water reached makes you think yeah everything is gonna be infested with mold. There's no saving it. It makes me think how those mold spores are being produced like crazy and infecting the air :-( I did NOT know about the Katrina cough either. There's vital information that is just swept under the rug. Ugh seriously!!! Now with all the floods everywhere, well you get the grim picture :-( not to mention that the soil is going to hold all this wetness/moisture :-( for a good while anyway?

Thank you for the suggestion to help my lungs. The doc did mention that theysounded a little congested. Another thing I wanted to mention is that I was looking at the symptoms of Morgellon's and I was shocked at all the symptoms there that match what I got going on right now. Do you think that Morgellon's is the illness caused by mold? I personally think it is. I have read how people that have symptoms of Morgellon's are just brushed off as having psychological problems like their symptoms are not real. I just barely made the connection.

https://rense.com/general74/morg4.htm

Last edited:

Glad 2 know

Veteran
Depends on the type.

I see. My house overall doesn't have a mold problem except one room. I've been ignoring it for a while since im barely at home and when I am, i am way too tired to even bother making something to eat. Once I get a few days off, ill do something about that.
Please don't ignore it, maybe that's what's making you feel extra tired. Deal with it like you would do a plague don't let it spread.