Toxic mold illness -Ignorance and denial

Maes17

Star
Joined
Jul 27, 2017
Messages
1,982
Not much experience of being infected by it, but I know from others to take it very seriously.

It's a slow killer.

Some solutions provided above.
What Phithx said.
Mold is a silent killer. You really gotta maintain house cleanliness. Even then, with faucets, etc. Humidity, it’s just so common
 






Maes17

Star
Joined
Jul 27, 2017
Messages
1,982
I recommend these to people I know. I cringe when I see lysol or bleach or any toxic cleaner. This is off topic but I know two acquaintances that used bleach to clean everything like there is no tomorrow. One of them fgot some type of bone cancer in her leg and the other one developed a very debilitating condition. Coincidence? I think not.
Knowledge.
 






Aiyah14

Newbie
Joined
Feb 13, 2020
Messages
5
From personal experience as well - with quick and low maintenance solution - daily and regularly for the rest of one's life.

1. Diluted bleach in a spray bottle, sprayed on surfaces and in the air - learned from a Chemical Engineer that bleach is not as environment unfriendly as I thought it was, because is breaks down quickly to plain salt!

2. Mould seems to come simply from varying degrees of dust + moisture + warmth + darkness? so regular vacuuming goes a long way.

3. Drink a bit of diluted apple cider vinegar every day, and take some ginger daily as well. Diluted lemon juice probably as well.
Molds is such a disaster, but from my own experience it is better to opt for a professional solutions and also check ventilation/isolation etc in the place you have got them. We kept getting molds in different rooms for a different reasons even they looked different. I tried bleach but child has got an allergy n even after opened windows etc you could still feel chlorine smell in the apartment. Plus we realized that kind of greening mold would easily go with just wiping it of opposite to black one in the bathroom ceiling. But after short period of time they'll be back no matter what we use. Friends told us to check type of molds n we even struggled to find company who is really pro in that n know what they r doing. After we identified mold types they were treated not to mention that we added extra ventilation in the bathroom and changed type of painting as well. But the thing that we identified first what we were dealing with lead us to a quick permanent solution. However I'm still a type of girl who will first try all by myself right or wrong lol:D
Here who we used mold testing Washington DC they will also advise on correct treatment of specific type of mold you've got.
 






Last edited:

Phithx

Veteran
Joined
Nov 5, 2019
Messages
550
Molds is such a disaster, but from my own experience it is better to opt for a professional solutions and also check ventilation/isolation etc in the place you have got them. We kept getting molds in different rooms for a different reasons even they looked different. I tried bleach but child has got an allergy n even after opened windows etc you could still feel chlorine smell in the apartment. Plus we realized that kind of greening mold would easily go with just wiping it of opposite to black one in the bathroom ceiling. But after short period of time they'll be back no matter what we use. Friends told us to check type of molds n we even struggled to find company who is really pro in that n know what they r doing. After we identified mold types they were treated not to mention that we added extra ventilation in the bathroom and changed type of painting as well. But the thing that we identified first what we were dealing with lead us to a quick permanent solution. However I'm still a type of girl who will first try all by myself right or wrong lol:D
Here who we used https://www.o2moldtesting.com/washington-dc/ they will also advise on correct treatment of specific type of mold you've got.
Yes, amazingly harmful it is.

Thank-you for the link, although don't have it so bad fortunately.

Found this vinegar and soda for a harmless solution: https://vigilantcitizenforums.com/threads/toxic-mold-illness-ignorance-and-denial.5917/page-4#post-269339
 






Top