Top Ten Scientific Flaws In The Theory of Prehistoric Dinosaurs

elsbet

Superstar
Dragon myths don't prove anything. Humans ( mammals ) evolved side-by-side reptiles and were natural competitors, while no humans lived with dinosaurs our ancestors did live with some now-extinct reptile species that were much bigger than the biggest remaining, the komodo dragon. Its natural that a version of them became mythologized.

Anywhere here is an interesting fossil cache that may shed some light on a mass extinction.

https://www.extremetech.com/extreme/288704-we-may-have-found-fossils-from-the-dinosaurs-last-moments-on-earth

P.S Maybe you can donate to another creationist expedition to the congo to find https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Mokele-mbembe
Mushrooms grow locally. Why bother.

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
“Well, at any rate there’s no Humbug here. We haven’t let anyone take us in. The Dwarfs are for the Dwarfs.”

“You see,” said Aslan. “They will not let us help them. They have chosen cunning instead of belief. Their prison is only in their own minds, yet they are in that prison; and so afraid of being taken in that they cannot be taken out.”

elsbet

Superstar
“Well, at any rate there’s no Humbug here. We haven’t let anyone take us in. The Dwarfs are for the Dwarfs.”

“You see,” said Aslan. “They will not let us help them. They have chosen cunning instead of belief. Their prison is only in their own minds, yet they are in that prison; and so afraid of being taken in that they cannot be taken out.”
He really has a way... :)

And... dispensing with a belief -- especially one with which a person has already made his peace-- is to let go of (perceived) control. That really freaks some people out.

elsbet

Superstar
No not all cultures have a flood myth, though many do they are all societies that were in flood zones. Of course a devastating natural disaster gets incorporated into folklore. Besides some of those flood stories pre-date the Bible, so if anything they just copied Gilgamesh.
Most do have a flood story, though-- and the similarities are striking.

As for something that predates the bible... so what? That proves little, to nothing, if it is a chronicle of an actual event. Originality isn't exactly a factor, there. lol

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
Most do have a flood story, though-- and the similarities are striking.

As for something that predates the bible... so what? That proves little, to nothing, if it is a chronicle of an actual event. Originality isn't exactly a factor, there. lol
I think all it indicates is that the written tradition of one account predates the written tradition of another. What it does nothing to prove is whether an oral tradition predates either.

What I find interesting is that out of all of the traditions, it is only the Biblical account that provides a seaworthy craft with dimensions that could (in theory) hold sufficient room for the proposed enterprise.

..."However, the Bible is clear on one thing: Noah got specific instructions for the ark’s dimensions (300 cubits long, 50 cubits wide and 30 cubits high) and material (“gopher wood”). Gopher wood may refer to pine, cedar, or cypress wood."

"So, if one could hypothetically build an ark to the specifications outlined in the Bible, and actually cram two of every species on the boat, would it float or would Noah have found himself in a Titanic-like scenario? That’s what four physics graduate students at the University of Leicester wondered. As part of a special course that encourages the students to apply basic physics principles to more general questions, the team did the math and found that an ark full of animals in those dimensions could theoretically float. They recently published their research in a peer-reviewed, student-run publication, the Journal of Physics Special Topics."

Read more: https://www.smithsonianmag.com/science-nature/could-noahs-ark-float-theory-yes-180950385/

Last edited:
Real question...

Who cares?

Seriously. Who. Cares?

I believe in God. I believe in Christ. I also believe in evolution. Faith and religion is not, and has not, been mutually exclusive until recently with the rise of ultra-literalists who managed to secure power (especially in America.) Not to mention when people are starving to death, people are getting murdered by oppressive systems world over, and we're all under the yoke of massive mega-corporations... I feel there are more important things to worry about rather than whether or not dinosaurs were real.

...I would like to also point out that some of those arguments are weak. "It's not in mythology!" Of course, it's not. Because they found a dinosaur skull and thought it was a dragon. Just like they found an elephant skull and thought it was a cyclops. There's also a misunderstanding about what "extinction level events" mean from a scientific perspective. But hey...

I go back to my original question. Who cares?

yeah, who cares about the truth??

View attachment 20898

The dumbing down of America is why people don’t believe in dinosaurs or evolution but do believe in a global flood where a guy built a boat and put two of every “clean animal” whatever the fuck that is, then repopulated the world with his incest family and in 100 years or so spread all across the world and built ancient monoliths.

Last edited:
yeah, who cares about the truth??

View attachment 20898
I know a lot of people with critical thinking skills that believe dinosaurs are real and if you're so concerned with truth, you should be concerned with an article that is deliberately misleading... You're also missing the actual point of what I'm trying to say.

Not all truth is created equal. Did dinosaurs exist? I mean, yeah, we have fossil evidence that some sort of big-ass creature existed. But that doesn't matter as much as how the United States government uses propaganda to try and make people believe the war machine is good... Or even how corporations use predatory means to ensure people always pay them. This is small fry stuff compared to other, bigger issues, and we can argue it when we're not slaves.

polymoog

Superstar
I know a lot of people with critical thinking skills that believe dinosaurs are real and if you're so concerned with truth, you should be concerned with an article that is deliberately misleading... You're also missing the actual point of what I'm trying to say.

Not all truth is created equal. Did dinosaurs exist? I mean, yeah, we have fossil evidence that some sort of big-ass creature existed. But that doesn't matter as much as how the United States government uses propaganda to try and make people believe the war machine is good... Or even how corporations use predatory means to ensure people always pay them. This is small fry stuff compared to other, bigger issues, and we can argue it when we're not slaves.
we have dozens of threads dealing with issues that you think are critical, and we are not under any time or space limit to discuss "major" issues, not to mention that ones "major" issue is more important than someone elses.
this thread is about the existence (or not) of dinosaurs, which everyone can agree is a conspiracy themed thread. i would argue that most of the religious forum is not conspiracy related and does not belong here ( you are silent on pointing that out), but i simply avoid it and leave it alone.
if you are disinterested in the subject, simply avoid the thread and let others who DO care discuss it-- which is what i do for most of these celeb threads (poppy(?), etc), since i, myself, do not care.

polymoog

Superstar
The dumbing down of America is why people don’t believe in dinosaurs or evolution but do believe in a global flood where a guy built a boat and put two of every “clean animal” whatever the fuck that is, then repopulated the world with his incest family and in 100 years or so spread all across the world and built ancient monoliths.
no, the dumbing down of america is exhibited when people simply take everything they hear from their educational programming and accept it as fact. dumbing down is equated with no critical thinking skills. you are also assuming everyone who does not believe in evolution (which i am assuming you are referring to human evolution) is religious.
methinks you are wrapped up a bit too tightly by scientism.

no, the dumbing down of america is exhibited when people simply take everything they hear from their educational programming and accept it as fact. dumbing down is equated with no critical thinking skills. you are also assuming everyone who does not believe in evolution (which i am assuming you are referring to human evolution) is religious.
methinks you are wrapped up a bit too tightly by scientism.

None of the anti-science arguments stand up. You wrongly assume that I don’t look into this or that I don’t understand the counter arguments. The world is a sphere that revolves around the sun and dinosaurs existed and evolution is a thing. None of the arguments against them hold any scientific credibility and are almost always religious in nature. The fact that you and some people who believe in these anti-science theories are not religious doesn’t mean a thing, besides you just use conspiracy theories as your religion.

polymoog

Superstar
None of the anti-science arguments stand up. You wrongly assume that I don’t look into this or that I don’t understand the counter arguments. The world is a sphere that revolves around the sun and dinosaurs existed and evolution is a thing. None of the arguments against them hold any scientific credibility and are almost always religious in nature. The fact that you and some people who believe in these anti-science theories are not religious doesn’t mean a thing, besides you just use conspiracy theories as your religion.
i dont want to derail this thread, but you and and i know there is no scientific credibility (nor historical accuracy for that matter) when money and politics are involved. do you listen to the FDA when they say that so-and-so drug or aspartame is safe? how about when they advocate fluoride? oh, but its "peer reviewed"!
how about when NIST released their computer generated model of how WTC2 fell? should we believe them because theyve got a white lab coat on and theyre from xyz university? its no longer science when the results and methods are slanted to create the result they wish. mainstream psychology refuses to accept any data on near death experiences, xenoglossy, psychic dreams, etc. do you also dismiss that because they say so? there are professors who believe and do not believe in global warming, but does not stop either side from using their contingent as proof.
the other problem with science is its unwillingness to accept new evidence which flies in the face of established theory.
as far as i am concerned, evolution is proven (a change in gene frequency over time), but it does not apply to man. but thats for another thread.
i go where the facts go, like any real conspiracy theorist would. when scientists start doing untainted, fair research thats 100% balanced and not paid and bought by a corporation, i will listen.

elsbet

Superstar
Yeah!

But no.. he took two of every UNclean animal.

Most of the monoliths are wonders of engineering perfection, supposedly accomplished with chisels that had a fraction of the integrity of the materials used. It is unlikely that humans (incestuous or otherwise) built them-- certainly not alone.

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
None of the anti-science arguments stand up. You wrongly assume that I don’t look into this or that I don’t understand the counter arguments.
The world is a sphere that revolves around the sun [no argument from me]

and dinosaurs existed [Job and I agree with you]

and evolution is a thing [variation, natural selection, adaptive radiation, isolation and “speciation” occur* but what does NOT happen (and I have studied this too) is the creation new “meanings” leading to macro level novel designs and systems via the process of random mutation and natural selection).

I.e. Evolution is not the “thing” it is claimed to be.

Don’t believe me?

כדי להעביר משמעות, אתה צריך קידוד פענוח. ללא שניהם, זה לא "מתכוון" שום דבר.
ההבנה דורשת שהדובר והמאזין ידברו באותה שפה. כמו עם אנשים, כך עם הביולוגיה הסלולרית

Last edited: