To Replace Jewish Sabbath With Christian Sunday Is A Sign Of Replacement Theology.

Lisa

Superstar
Wasn't it the catholics who did the whole Sunday worship thing and kind of turned it into the sabbath..but then they have always done their own thing regarding scripture....
I think that most people worship on Sunday because it is what it is not that they are trying to replace the Sabbath. Then there are the 7th Day Adventists who worship on Saturdays.
Protestants are still too closely related to catholicism anyway...

Todd

Star
Jesus said the kingdom would be taken away from the Jews and given to someone else. (sounds kinda like replacement to me?)
However, Jesus never gave any indication that the sabbath days would be changed. Saturday is still the true Sabbath and one of the signs of the seal of God's people.

The kingdom was given to the Muslims. Much of the Bible points to this as well though it is interpreted differently by Christians. With regards to 'Sabbath' please read in Ezekiel 22 where he mentions 'Sabbath days" Sabbath is a day to be set aside for worshiping God. The Sabbath days for God's worshippers are: Friday for Muslims, Saturday for Jews and Sunday for Christians.

How do you figure its a muslim kingdom being talked about here?
If you've read any any of my posts in this forum or the previous one about this topic, then you wouldn't be asking that question. :)
No point in getting into it with you now, Lisa. Peace.

Lisa

Superstar
If you've read any any of my posts in this forum or the previous one about this topic, then you wouldn't be asking that question. :)
I maybe read what you had to say in the old forum...that was so last year though...but ok.

Thunderian

Superstar
I'd like to know what you're talking about, too, but I don't feel like wading through every one of your posts to find out.

I'd like to know what you're talking about, too, but I don't feel like wading through every one of your posts to find out.
Kingdom of God on earth = God's worshippers who peacefully and humbly submit to His Will, making all their worship sincere for Him Alone.

They do not ascribe to Him any sons or partners.
They obey all His commands and stay away from everything He has prohibited, enjoining good and forbidding wrong.
They believe in His angels, His books, His Messengers, The Last Day and the Divine Decree - the good and bad of it.
They are truthful, patient, peaceful, give charity, observe fasting, guard their chastity, keep their tongues moist with the remembrance of God praise Him and glorify Him as He deserves to be praised.
This is what God's Final Messenger to all of mankind taught his followers.

You are the best nation produced [as an example] for mankind. You enjoin what is right and forbid what is wrong and believe in God. If only the People of the Scripture had believed, it would have been better for them. Among them are believers, but most of them are defiantly disobedient. (3:110)

Fleur D'Amour

Rookie
Wasn't it the catholics who did the whole Sunday worship thing and kind of turned it into the sabbath..but then they have always done their own thing regarding scripture....
I think that most people worship on Sunday because it is what it is not that they are trying to replace the Sabbath. Then there are the 7th Day Adventists who worship on Saturdays.
Protestants are still too closely related to catholicism anyway...
Totally Lisa.

In fact, it was Emperor Constantine who allowed the observance of the Sabbath to switch from Saturday to Sunday. From what I've read he was a pagan who wasn't quite willing to part with his pagan roots while switching and embracing Christianity.

I think people observe Sunday as the Sabbath because it's just tradition for them. They don't know the truth. Some aren't even willing to hear, either.

(Of course the one SDA on here has a comment regarding the Sabbath... :rolleyes:;))

Thunderian

Superstar
Kingdom of God on earth = God's worshippers who peacefully and humbly submit to His Will, making all their worship sincere for Him Alone.

They do not ascribe to Him any sons or partners.
They obey all His commands and stay away from everything He has prohibited, enjoining good and forbidding wrong.
They believe in His angels, His books, His Messengers, The Last Day and the Divine Decree - the good and bad of it.
They are truthful, patient, peaceful, give charity, observe fasting, guard their chastity, keep their tongues moist with the remembrance of God praise Him and glorify Him as He deserves to be praised.
This is what God's Final Messenger to all of mankind taught his followers.

You are the best nation produced [as an example] for mankind. You enjoin what is right and forbid what is wrong and believe in God. If only the People of the Scripture had believed, it would have been better for them. Among them are believers, but most of them are defiantly disobedient. (3:110)
OK, thank you. That's not the Biblical definition of who will inherit the Kingdom of God that Jesus Christ talked about.

Where does Islam get the concept of the Kingdom of God from? Is it mentioned in the Quran? What is it?

Thunderian

Superstar
As far as I know we aren't commanded to observe the Sabbath on any specific day, or even at all.

Colossians 2:16 - Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:

Romans14:
5 One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind.
6 He that regardeth the day, regardeth it unto the Lord; and he that regardeth not the day, to the Lord he doth not regard it.

Sounds pretty much like we can do what we want as far as the Sabbath goes. Christian tradition is to observe it on Sundays, so that's what we do. What difference does it make?

That's not the Biblical definition of who will inherit the Kingdom of God that Jesus Christ talked about.
Blessed are the peacemakers, theirs is the kingdom of God. - JESUS.

Didn't I mention that one of the qualities of God's worshippers is that they are those who are peaceful? Guess you didn't read it close enough.
Where does Islam get the concept of the Kingdom of God from? Is it mentioned in the Quran? What is it?
Well I already wrote out for you what is God's kingdom on earth. God is the King of everything - it all belongs to Him He is Al Malik, Al Maalik and Alladhee lahul-Mulk. The King, The Master and Owner, the One to whom belongs the Dominion. It is mentioned over and over again in the Quran and Hadiths.

OK, thank you.
Thnks for what? I don't even think you read what I wrote or else you wouldn't have asked the follow up questions. Peace.

Last edited:

Tatilina

Star
My bad, I forgot about Hebrews 4, I'm a little bit rusty, but God's oiling me back up!

Hebrews 4

4Therefore, while the promise of entering his rest is still open, let us take care that none of you should seem to have failed to reach it. 2For indeed the good news came to us just as to them; but the message they heard did not benefit them, because they were not united by faith with those who listened. 3For we who have believed enter that rest, just as God has said, “As in my anger I swore, ‘They shall not enter my rest,’” though his works were finished at the foundation of the world. 4For in one place it speaks about the seventh day as follows, “And God rested on the seventh day from all his works.” 5And again in this place it says, “They shall not enter my rest.” 6Since therefore it remains open for some to enter it, and those who formerly received the good news failed to enter because of disobedience, 7again he sets a certain day—“today” —saying through David much later, in the words already quoted, “Today, if you hear his voice, do not harden your hearts.” 8For if Joshua had given them rest, God would not speak later about another day. 9So then, a sabbath rest still remains for the people of God; 10for those who enter God’s rest also cease from their labors as God did from his.

11Let us therefore make every effort to enter that rest, so that no one may fall through such disobedience as theirs. 12Indeed, the word of God is living and active, sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing until it divides soul from spirit, joints from marrow; it is able to judge the thoughts and intentions of the heart.13And before him no creature is hidden, but all are naked and laid bare to the eyes of the one to whom we must render an account. 14Since, then, we have a great high priest who has passed through the heavens, Jesus, the Son of God, let us hold fast to our confession. 15For we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but we have one who in every respect has been tested as we are, yet without sin. 16Let us therefore approach the throne of grace with boldness, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in time of need.

Last edited:

Lisa

Superstar
As far as I know we aren't commanded to observe the Sabbath on any specific day, or even at all.

Colossians 2:16 - Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:

Romans14:
5 One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind.
6 He that regardeth the day, regardeth it unto the Lord; and he that regardeth not the day, to the Lord he doth not regard it.

Sounds pretty much like we can do what we want as far as the Sabbath goes. Christian tradition is to observe it on Sundays, so that's what we do. What difference does it make?
I think it would have been nice if we'd chosen a different day and moved away from catholism a bit more. Would have been a bit harder then for catholics to claim to be Christian now...

Thunderian

Superstar
Well I already wrote out for you what is God's kingdom on earth. God is the King of everything - it all belongs to Him He is Al Malik, Al Maalik and Alladhee lahul-Mulk. The King, The Master and Owner, the One to whom belongs the Dominion. It is mentioned over and over again in the Quran and Hadiths.
I'm trying to have a serious discussion about this. I don't read the Quran or hadiths. I do read the Bible, though, and the Kingdom of God is spoken of by Jesus. I'm wondering how the Quranic version of the Kingdom of God matches up with the Biblical version, which is why I asked what I did. Your above answer isn't helpful, really.

Thnks for what? I don't even think you read what I wrote or else you wouldn't have asked the follow up questions. Peace.
I was just thanking for your reply. Peace to you, too.

I was really hoping you could give me the Islamic view of Mark 4:11, where Jesus said to his disciples: Unto you it is given to know the mystery of the kingdom of God.

What do you suppose Jesus meant by that?

I'm trying to have a serious discussion about this. I don't read the Quran or hadiths. I do read the Bible, though, and the Kingdom of God is spoken of by Jesus. I'm wondering how the Quranic version of the Kingdom of God matches up with the Biblical version, which is why I asked what I did. Your above answer isn't helpful, really.

I was just thanking for your reply. Peace to you, too.

I was really hoping you could give me the Islamic view of Mark 4:11, where Jesus said to his disciples: Unto you it is given to know the mystery of the kingdom of God.

What do you suppose Jesus meant by that?
Thunderian let's be serious here. You are not interested in the Islamic view about anything.

I read the words of Jesus keeping in mind that he was God's Messenger who worshipped only God and submitted to His Will. He gave the glad tidings of the Messenger who was to come after him who is our Messenger Muhammad. So Muhammad's Message carried over from Jesus' All the Prophets brought the same central message: "God is One, worship only Him, and stay away from false gods." Simple and clear. So when Jesus says:

Blessed are the Peacemakers, theirs is the kingdom of God.

And God's final Revelation also mentions "peacemakers" (Muslihoon), then I am certain that Submitting to God's will and making peace among people is a means of pleasing God and earning His Paradise (heaven).