Tired of the Tattoo thing?

Toulouse

Established
I don't follow the morals set out 4 thousand years ago, I don't subscribe to the idea that women are property, a woman who is raped should be sold to the rapist and her father compensated, so a person should be put to death for growing two different crops.

I also don't get how someone who's gay is bad? If god is real and he made us the way he is then surely he made them gay too.
I guess that begs the question, respectfully, "What morals do you follow, if any?"

Jesus of Nazareth did not advocate any of what you mentioned above. In fact, Jesus was very radical and overturned the norms of His day: women, authority, law...you can read all about Him in the Bible...such a radical book.

Someone who is gay is not really "gay", they have same-sex attraction. It does not make them bad to have the attraction. It's a disorder that was removed from the DSM in the 1970s (???) for political reasons - and it's been very harmful to that group of people and society, but politically expedient for others. Science just does not support the theory that someone is born "gay." Why? There is no "gay" gene. End of story. Labelling someone as gay puts them in a box...kinda weird, eh, and is very harmful - thus, the number of unreported suicides of pre and early pubescent kids who kill themselves over this issue; their bodies are not yet formed, how can their identities be?

There are tens of thousands of people who come out of the "gay" lifestyle that you will not hear about on CNN, or read about in Time, Newsweek or the New York Times - for the very reasons that this website exists.

Many, ninety-percent plus, of people with same-sex attraction, are so because of a traumatic event early in their lives. That's where counseling comes in.

We are made in God's likeness and image - that is correct. However, because of the fall of Adam and Eve, that image has been covered in sin - a concept that escapes most of post post-modern humanity because of the reasons stated in a former post. So, no, God is not gay and He didn't make people that way. God Is...all that follows is just details. Thanks for the post. I hope this has helped.

Toulouse

Established
i got a couple back when i was 15, i showed my mom , she said who's money did you use, i said mine, she said, well good way to identify your body when you're dead, awww thanks ma
so they are another form of identification (to all the wannabe bank robbers out there)
too funny...

I guess that begs the question, respectfully, "What morals do you follow, if any?"

Jesus of Nazareth did not advocate any of what you mentioned above. In fact, Jesus was very radical and overturned the norms of His day: women, authority, law...you can read all about Him in the Bible...such a radical book.

Someone who is gay is not really "gay", they have same-sex attraction. It does not make them bad to have the attraction. It's a disorder that was removed from the DSM in the 1970s (???) for political reasons - and it's been very harmful to that group of people and society, but politically expedient for others. Science just does not support the theory that someone is born "gay." Why? There is no "gay" gene. End of story. Labelling someone as gay puts them in a box...kinda weird, eh, and is very harmful - thus, the number of unreported suicides of pre and early pubescent kids who kill themselves over this issue; their bodies are not yet formed, how can their identities be?

There are tens of thousands of people who come out of the "gay" lifestyle that you will not hear about on CNN, or read about in Time, Newsweek or the New York Times - for the very reasons that this website exists.

Many, ninety-percent plus, of people with same-sex attraction, are so because of a traumatic event early in their lives. That's where counseling comes in.

We are made in God's likeness and image - that is correct. However, because of the fall of Adam and Eve, that image has been covered in sin - a concept that escapes most of post post-modern humanity because of the reasons stated in a former post. So, no, God is not gay and He didn't make people that way. God Is...all that follows is just details. Thanks for the post. I hope this has helped.
Jesus said he did not come to change the law (the old testament) but to enforce it, so all the rules before him stand, hence why Christians still have the old testament.

So my question is are you ok with stoning or selling r*pe victims, or stoning people who work on the Sabbath, or who grow two crops, eat pork, wear two fabrics, have sex during a woman's period, eat shellfish ect.

My morals are simple, don't kill, don't hurt anyone intentionally, be a kind person, if I make mistakes it's ok as long as I learn from them, I'm not sinful because a woman ate fruit 6000 years ago, and don't treat others bad be side they are different to me, be they gay, disabled, foreign, different sex ect. And I'll respect you as long as you respect me.Simple really.

Imagine the horror and shame of meeting God, without a redeemer, and being faced with everything you have ever said and done.
I'd be more inclined to ask why there are so many religions, how are we supposed to know which ones right, if the religious affiliation is so important then why not tell us out right which one it is, also why create things that only cause pain and misery, such as the insect that crawls into people's eyes and makes them blind, like why? Why create that! Why are his design skills so poor, you know put the breathing tube with the eating tube, why give us organs we don't need that can kill us like the appendix, why is the earth millions of years old but some religions are barely 4000, why allow different denominations exist that believe in the same things yet differ on small details then watch them for centuries kill each other over it, why not just come down in front of everyone and tell them which ones right instead of a select few that all have differing interpretations.
Why does the most recent religions Judeo-Christian ones, have stories that exist in one tiny part of the middle East, and when these stories happened where those people in the rest of the world who we have records of condemned to hell for you putting them in the wrong part of the planet you created.

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
I'd be more inclined to ask why there are so many religions, how are we supposed to know which ones right, if the religious affiliation is so important then why not tell us out right which one it is, also why create things that only cause pain and misery, such as the insect that crawls into people's eyes and makes them blind, like why? Why create that! Why are his design skills so poor, you know put the breathing tube with the eating tube, why give us organs we don't need that can kill us like the appendix, why is the earth millions of years old but some religions are barely 4000, why allow different denominations exist that believe in the same things yet differ on small details then watch them for centuries kill each other over it, why not just come down in front of everyone and tell them which ones right instead of a select few that all have differing interpretations.
Why does the most recent religions Judeo-Christian ones, have stories that exist in one tiny part of the middle East, and when these stories happened where those people in the rest of the world who we have records of condemned to hell for you putting them in the wrong part of the planet you created.
I like a quote that I came across recently...

“For every subtle and complicated question, there is a perfectly simple and straightforward answer, which is wrong.”
- David Graeber

There are some good answers to many of the questions you raise here (though some are complex and are grounded in wider world-view questions) but in truth the answers to some may not be accessible to us this side of eternity.

To dig into some Christian perspectives on these topics, I quite like sites like gotquestions.org. Btw, do you really believe that the millions of years, abiogenesis view is the one with the best scientific backing?

194B145B-8CBA-4FDA-BCEB-BB8133B46663.jpeg

Last edited:

Toulouse

Established
You have some great questions, here...

Again, it goes back to the Fall. The short answer is because of pride and lust (which isn't always about sex). Jesus, Himself, said "I Am The Way, The Truth, and The Light." No other, prophet, religious leader, religious founder said that, not one!!!

I think God/Jesus cries as we divide ourselves over petty things...look at this website...people can't even agree on small things and misinterpret things. God is only capable of Good. He gave us Free Will and He also gave us instructions, (through the prophets and His Son to teach us, and we killed Him) on how to live. But, we choose to do things our way thinking that we know better than the One who designed and created the entire universe. That is arrogance and pride.

Your point earlier, and above, about the 4000 year old thing is interesting. I don't think age/time has anything to do with. People still follow the ideas/ideals of democracy which was given to us by the Ancient Greeks over 5000 years ago. That's amazing, isn't it?

I don't mean that as a copout/blow-off, but we don't know why God does what He does. Somethings are just mysteries, and many of we 21st century people are uncomfortable with mysteries

Another mystery is why God can't just come down and tell us stuff. We can experience God because He is greater than all of creation. He Is Creation. He Is. Our 5lbs. finite brains cannot contain God. It would be like trying to fit all of the oceans (and then some) of the world into a glass of water at once. Result. It would explode. The glass can't contain all the bodies of water at once and neither can we contain God. It's a beautiful thing. Pick up a Bible and read it and ask God to show you what He's saying to you, then find a trustworthy person and talk with them.

Why did he choose the Middle East? Whew. There's not enough time...in a nutshell...it was close to Rome which would be the vehicle to spread the Word to the rest of known world. God knows what He's doing.

I truly hope this helps...:)

Lol.Your only value judgment is just having sex.
Deep in your heart you know if sex doesn't exist you would be worthless piece of meat (to me still you are) and still all you can do is joke about touching the weewee. You literally know what you are
A pro-life tip.

People wouldn't call you an "incel" if you didn't go out of your way to act like one. Calling another person a worthless piece of meat? Using words like "femtard"? You sound like you have a real issue with women and that you're angry and bitter.

Toulouse

Established
That's fair, but I'm more concerned with verses about specks in my eye or keeping my house in order. Other human beings are also here to be tested, and it's not my place to get in their business.

The only clear and unambiguous reference to homosexuality in the Bible is in the book of Timothy, a disciple of Paul. Do I believe that the Pauline line is divinely inspired, despite his conflict with St Peter and his being called out as a liar in Revelation? There are also questions of lineage and interpretation, and even canonical selection, here, so I wouldn't get in other people's business when certainty on the issue is God's alone.Mo
God did create man and woman. That's undisputable. There was no confusion when Moses wrote these things down. Certainty is God's, but he did leave Peter the Keys to the Kingdom, giving him the authority to make decisions after he was gone. That authority was passed on to the Apostles as they dispersed to the various parts of the known world. They in turn passed it on to others which has been unbroken to this day. Praise God!