Tim Tebow - "It Hit Me... I'm a Sinner"...

saki

Star
https://www.faithwire.com/2019/10/08/it-hit-me-im-a-sinneri-need-a-savior-tim-tebow-shares-what-happened-the-exact-moment-he-decided-to-become-a-christian/

‘It Hit Me. I’m a Sinner…I Need a Savior’: Tim Tebow Shares What Happened the Exact Moment He Decided to Become a Christian
Photo by Faithwire - Jared Laskey

October 8, 2019

On October 4, Tim Tebow and Ravi Zacharias sat down together, sharing life challenges and lessons learned in a live, online event. Hosted by Ravi Zacharias International Ministries, the two shared personal insights on how to live as a Christian in today’s culture.

Tebow said he was lucky being born into an amazing family.

“I got to see the gospel before I got to hear the gospel…Every morning the Bible was open and my dad was reading it before I got up for breakfast,” the former NFL quarterback shared.

Tim Tebow watched his parents live and apply the principles of the Bible through their service every day, helping people who couldn’t do anything for them in return.

“I got to see these two examples every day.”

Tebow went on to detail his family’s active church life. They went to church on “Sunday morning, Sunday night, Wednesday night…there might be something in-between. A revival meeting or whatever…I mean, we were going to church…But honestly, that didn’t have that big of an effect on me.”

Tebow continued, “What made an effect on me was watching my dad everyday. It was in hearing the gospel and my parents at night would bring me over to my dad’s big chair…We would read the Bible and he’d say, ‘Hey Timmie, is this something you want now?’ And over and over again I’d say, ‘Oh no, no, no dad. I’m not going to make this choice just yet. And one of those nights I was in my bed and I couldn’t sleep and I was so scared because I finally, truly realized the gravity of my own sin. As a boy. And it hit me. I’m a sinner and I need a Savior because I have done a lot of wrong.”

“That next morning I got up early,” Tebow continued, “and I ran to go see my mom, because my dad was out dealing with the chickens and the cows with my two older brothers. And I grabbed my mom and said, ‘I’ve got to ask Jesus to come into my heart right now.’ And she’s like, ‘Can I go get your dad?’ And I said, ‘No, I don’t have time.'”

“And so we went to the couch and I got on my knees and I asked Jesus to come into my heart—and I totally believe in that moment I went from darkness into light. I was adopted into the family of God. My eternity was sealed. I am a child of God and have a home in Heaven…And then we got to go bring my dad in, and we were celebrating and he was crying, everyone was so excited. And then we went to EPCOT to go celebrate!”

You can watch Tim’s testimony from 29:00-33:00 minute mark or watch the full conversation:

#MondayMotivation I know so many are back to the grind today & I just want to encourage you that no matter what comes your way today or this wk, what pressures you feel or whatever season you’re in the middle of- keep your eyes fixed on Jesus, the author & perfecter of our faith!​

Lisa

Superstar
Too bad he was blackballed in the nfl. Some say it was because he was a bad quarterback but I think they could have given him more time to become a better quarterback...he won the heisman trophy after all!
I think he was giving more glory to Jesus in his interviews than talking football and the owners didn’t like it. Wonder if he will ever make it to the major leagues? I think those owners would be worried about the same thing.

saki

Star
Too bad he was blackballed in the nfl. Some say it was because he was a bad quarterback but I think they could have given him more time to become a better quarterback...he won the heisman trophy after all!
I think he was giving more glory to Jesus in his interviews than talking football and the owners didn’t like it. Wonder if he will ever make it to the major leagues? I think those owners would be worried about the same thing.
....same thoughts here.... "too much Jesus" makes owners and fans squirm uncomfortably.... could it be that the name of The Saviour has the power to convict... all on its own? ...sure seems so....

Todd

Star
There are plenty of NFL players who "talk Jesus". If a QB is good enough to win, the owners don't care about the religious stuff.

Tim Tebow was not and never will be a good nfl QB. He isn't the first Hesiman trophy winner to bomb in the NFL.

Lisa

Superstar
There are plenty of NFL players who "talk Jesus". If a QB is good enough to win, the owners don't care about the religious stuff.

Tim Tebow was not and never will be a good nfl QB. He isn't the first Hesiman trophy winner to bomb in the NFL.
They could have given him more time to get better...however I think he was pretty good. He took a team that was 0-4 and brought them to the playoffs that year. Then he’s chopped the next year? What team does that? Wouldn’t they keep the quarterback the next year? Not the Broncos, they trade him off and he sits the bench for the next team. He was blackballed plain and simple because he spoke about God more than football.

Last edited:

Todd

Star
They could have given him more time to get better...however I think he was pretty good. He took a team that was 0-4 and brought them to the playoffs that year. Then he’s chopped the next year? What team does that? Wouldn’t they keep the quarterback the next year? Not the Broncos, they trade him off and he sits the bench for the next team. He was blackballed plain and simple because he spoke about God more than football.
I'm guessing you don't know that much about football.
Here is his stat line the last year in Denver
14 games 271 attempts 126 completions 46.5% completion % (Anything under 60% is aweful) 123.5 yards per game (anything under 200 is aweful) sacked 33 times. The only stat that was even decent was his TD to interception ratio. 12 to 6.

Tyrod Taylor took the Bills to the playoffs for the first time in 17 years and was let go right after. It happens.

I get it...you think he's a great guy and I won't argue about that with you. But he was not a good NFL QB. He would have had a better chance of having a long NFL career if he would have switched to TE like many teams and scouts told him. He was not blackballed because he talked about Jesus. Get over it.

Lisa

Superstar
I'm guessing you don't know that much about football.
Here is his stat line the last year in Denver
14 games 271 attempts 126 completions 46.5% completion % (Anything under 60% is aweful) 123.5 yards per game (anything under 200 is aweful) sacked 33 times. The only stat that was even decent was his TD to interception ratio. 12 to 6.

Tyrod Taylor took the Bills to the playoffs for the first time in 17 years and was let go right after. It happens.

I get it...you think he's a great guy and I won't argue about that with you. But he was not a good NFL QB. He would have had a better chance of having a long NFL career if he would have switched to TE like many teams and scouts told him. He was not blackballed because he talked about Jesus. Get over it.
He did get the Broncos to the playoffs that year, when they had an 0 and 4 record...how bad could he really be? They keep people around a lot longer than that and they don’t get close to the playoffs. I would have liked to have had confirmation by them playing him the next year, what’s another year?

I think he was a fun player to watch...he got the crowd going and he had a never say die attitude..and o ya, He loves God.

Lisa

Superstar
Just like Alice Cooper. :)
No, not like Alice Cooper.

Edit: Tim Tebow didn’t hide he was a Christian. All his interviews were about God practically. Alice Cooper has been a closet ‘christian’ who kept his day job worshipping the devil...

Last edited:

Todd

Star
He did get the Broncos to the playoffs that year, when they had an 0 and 4 record...how bad could he really be?
I showed you how bad he was by giving his stat line for that year. You know there are 53 players on a team and 11 starters on offense. Yeah QB is the most important position but just as Buffalo did with Tyrod Taylor in 2017, a really good team can take a so-so or bad QB to the playoffs.
They keep people around a lot longer than that and they don’t get close to the playoffs. I would have liked to have had confirmation by them playing him the next year, what’s another year?
Another year wasted trying to find the right QB when you know Tebow will never be that good.

I think he was a fun player to watch...he got the crowd going and he had a never say die attitude..and o ya, He loves God.
Agreed, but TT was a fun player to watch in Buffalo too. But everyone knew he wasn't going to be the QB to take them to a superbowl.

Just admit you showed your bias with that last part I bolded. If Tebow was a foul mouthed and arrogant you wouldn't care that Denver let him go. For the most part NFL teams don't have a bias either way when it comes to a player loving God or not.

Lisa

Superstar
I showed you how bad he was by giving his stat line for that year. You know there are 53 players on a team and 11 starters on offense. Yeah QB is the most important position but just as Buffalo did with Tyrod Taylor in 2017, a really good team can take a so-so or bad QB to the playoffs.
How did the team get better when he started as quarterback? They were 0 and 4.

Another year wasted trying to find the right QB when you know Tebow will never be that good.
They’ve given a couple of years to lesser players who didn’t take a team to the playoffs..

Just admit you showed your bias with that last part I bolded.
Lol! I didn’t say I wasn’t biased..I think he was blackballed because his interviews always came down to God. Wasn’t always his fault that they went there, the press a lot of times went to asking him questions about God. Maybe they knew that would get him out of the NFL quicker? Idk.

Haha, my son and my husband would and have agreed with your analysis of Tebow’s abilities and we’ve had this conversation many times, I think my son’s given up arguing with me, but even he can’t argue when I say they should have given him another year based on the Broncos getting to the playoffs.

Todd

Star
How did the team get better when he started as quarterback? They were 0 and 4.
Tebow replaced an equally bad QB in Kyle Orton, who ironically was the QB that the Bills let go of before moving on to Tyrod Taylor! LOL!

They’ve given a couple of years to lesser players who didn’t take a team to the playoffs..
Tebow started 3 games and played in 9 games the season before and started another 11 games the year you are talking about. Name a lesser QB who has been given two seasons, 23 games and 14 starts by a single team.

Lol! I didn’t say I wasn’t biased..I think he was blackballed because his interviews always came down to God. Wasn’t always his fault that they went there, the press a lot of times went to asking him questions about God. Maybe they knew that would get him out of the NFL quicker? Idk.
My point is that the same bias you had for wanting the Broncos to give him another years is the same bias that is influencing your ridiculous notion that Tebow was blackballed for his "Jesus talk".

Haha, my son and my husband would and have agreed with your analysis of Tebow’s abilities and we’ve had this conversation many times, I think my son’s given up arguing with me.
Sounds like your husband and son understand the game of football better than you!

Lisa

Superstar
Tebow replaced an equally bad QB in Kyle Orton, who ironically was the QB that the Bills let go of before moving on to Tyrod Taylor! LOL!

Tebow started 3 games and played in 9 games the season before and started another 11 games the year you are talking about. Name a lesser QB who has been given two seasons, 23 games and 14 starts by a single team.

My point is that the same bias you had for wanting the Broncos to give him another years is the same bias that is influencing your ridiculous notion that Tebow was blackballed for his "Jesus talk".

Sounds like your husband and son understand the game of football better than you!
I came in second in our pick um group over my husband and son..lol! My mom came in first and she thinks the same way I do about Tebow...:p

Who gets a team to the playoffs and then is cut the next year? That seems ridiculous to me..and then to say he’s cut cause he’s not a good player..he got his team to the Super Bowl..they obviously weren’t doing well before then.

Haha, this is so funny to me to be talking about this with you, I never thought I’d be having this convo here.

I think it makes sense that they should have given him another year when they got to the playoffs when they started out so poorly. He also had an amazing game against the Steelers that seemed more like a Super Bowl game..that was an amazing game!!

Todd

Star
@Lisa, while I don’t agree with you about Tebow I least respect your opinion about him getting another year. And I’ll talk football with you anytime.

But there is no way Tebow was blackballed because he is an outspoken Christian.

Lisa

Superstar
@Lisa, while I don’t agree with you about Tebow I least respect your opinion about him getting another year. And I’ll talk football with you anytime.

But there is no way Tebow was blackballed because he is an outspoken Christian.
I think he was because of the way it was done, had they gave him that next year and he fizzed out, then I could think differently about it.

Anyway..sorry @saki didn’t mean to throw off your thread..

Todd

Star
I think he was because of the way it was done, had they gave him that next year and he fizzed out, then I could think differently about it.

Anyway..sorry @saki didn’t mean to throw off your thread..
Well if he was blackballed by the league, someone forgot to tell the Jets, because he was signed the next year by them. I would think the team based in the NYC area and covered by the NYC medai would be the last team the league would want Tebow playing for if they were trying to censor his "Jesus talk".

Your argument, as usual, is based on solely your feelings and not facts or data.

Lisa

Superstar
Well if he was blackballed by the league, someone forgot to tell the Jets, because he was signed the next year by them. I would think the team based in the NYC area and covered by the NYC medai would be the last team the league would want Tebow playing for if they were trying to censor his "Jesus talk".

Your argument, as usual, is based on solely your feelings and not facts or data.
Ya they signed him and he sat the bench.

I don’t see myself arguing from feelings. He took a 0-4 team to the playoffs and was cut the next year. I thought that was wrong and that he earned another year. I like watching him play and also that he gave the glory to God. I thought he’d be the qb for a long time and was disappointed that he wasn’t since it seemed he saved the year and made Bronco football exciting again. I think those are valid points not emotionally charged.

Todd

Star
Ya they signed him and he sat the bench.

I don’t see myself arguing from feelings. He took a 0-4 team to the playoffs and was cut the next year. I thought that was wrong and that he earned another year. I like watching him play and also that he gave the glory to God. I thought he’d be the qb for a long time and was disappointed that he wasn’t since it seemed he saved the year and made Bronco football exciting again. I think those are valid points not emotionally charged.
But the data suggests otherwise. The data says he wasn't really that good a QB. The Broncos made the playoffs despite his bad QB play, not because of it. The data says he didn't earn another year. The data said he would not be a succesful QB long term in the league. The data suggests though he made the playoffs he was not a playoff caliber QB. His completion percentage in his two playoff games were 47.6% and 34.62%. That is really, really bad.

Lisa

Superstar
But the data suggests otherwise. The data says he wasn't really that good a QB. The Broncos made the playoffs despite his bad QB play, not because of it. The data says he didn't earn another year. The data said he would not be a succesful QB long term in the league. The data suggests though he made the playoffs he was not a playoff caliber QB. His completion percentage in his two playoff games were 47.6% and 34.62%. That is really, really bad.
That can’t be true that they made the playoffs despite his playing when before he started they lost the first 4 games!

I think it proved that he could rally a 0-4 team and they worked as a team to get to the playoffs and had one heck of a game against Pittsburg before losing in the playoffs. And it was exciting football..yet they threw it all away the next year and have had crappy qb’s since. Lol..don’t get me started about Manning.

So, since there didn’t seem to be a valid reason not to give him a chance the next year...the team went to the playoffs...I think it’s because after every game he was asked more questions about God in the press than about football which is where I get my theory that he was blackballed because they thought he talked about God too much.

Aero

Superstar
I see a ton of players talk about God. They just don't turn it into a media circus.

A lot of players get sacrificed to the football gods though. But it seems less to do with God and more to do with people not being able to work together beneficially. Also, I think that excessive popularity is a breeding ground for hubris.

Hype can take you over the highest mountain, but also drop you off the deepest cliff.