Thread dedicated to the Holy Virgin Mary, Mother of God, Queen of Heaven.

QMQS

Established
We’ve been over this many times Daze, Catholics don’t worship statues just like you don’t love the photograph of your family, you love your family the photo depicts.
So how often do you kiss photographs of your family? Because catholics kiss statues. A LOT.

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
Acts 19

5BEE2C3C-F783-47F7-AD54-3A25380D4AC1.jpeg

The Riot in Ephesus

21After these things were ended, Paul purposed in the spirit, when he had passed through Macedonia and Achaia, to go to Jerusalem, saying, After I have been there, I must also see Rome. 22So he sent into Macedonia two of them that ministered unto him, Timotheus and Erastus; but he himself stayed in Asia for a season.

23And the same time there arose no small stir about that way. 24For a certain man named Demetrius, a silversmith, which made silver shrines for Diana, brought no small gain unto the craftsmen; 25Whom he called together with the workmen of like occupation, and said, Sirs, ye know that by this craft we have our wealth. 26Moreover ye see and hear, that not alone at Ephesus, but almost throughout all Asia, this Paul hath persuaded and turned away much people, saying that they be no gods, which are made with hands: 27So that not only this our craft is in danger to be set at nought; but also that the temple of the great goddess Diana should be despised, and her magnificence should be destroyed, whom all Asia and the world worshippeth.

28And when they heard these sayings, they were full of wrath, and cried out, saying, Great is Diana of the Ephesians. 29And the whole city was filled with confusion: and having caught Gaius and Aristarchus, men of Macedonia, Paul's companions in travel, they rushed with one accord into the theatre. 30And when Paul would have entered in unto the people, the disciples suffered him not. 31And certain of the chief of Asia, which were his friends, sent unto him, desiring him that he would not adventure himself into the theatre. 32Some therefore cried one thing, and some another: for the assembly was confused; and the more part knew not wherefore they were come together. 33And they drew Alexander out of the multitude, the Jews putting him forward. And Alexander beckoned with the hand, and would have made his defence unto the people. 34But when they knew that he was a Jew, all with one voice about the space of two hours cried out, Great is Diana of the Ephesians.

SnowFall

Veteran
So how often do you kiss photographs of your family? Because catholics kiss statues. A LOT.
Lots of times, I kiss the foot of the statue of The mother Of God too!
As any true Christian should

A Freeman

Superstar
The title "Satan" means "the Opposer", i.e. the one who opposes God.

God says there is no queen of heaven.

Jeremiah 7:18-19
7:18 The children gather wood, and the fathers kindle the fire, and the women knead [their] dough, to make wafers to the queen of heaven, and to pour out drink offerings unto other gods, that they may provoke Me to anger.
7:19 Do they provoke Me to anger? saith the "I AM": [do they] not [provoke] themselves to the confusion of their own faces?
7:20 Therefore thus saith the Lord "I AM"; Behold, Mine anger and My fury shall be poured out upon this place, upon man, and upon beast, and upon the trees of the field, and upon the fruit of the ground; and it shall burn, and shall not be quenched.

Jeremiah 44:18-25
44:18 But since we left off to burn incense to the queen of heaven, and to pour out drink offerings unto her, we have wanted all [things], and have been consumed by the sword and by the famine.
44:19 And when we burned incense to the queen of heaven, and poured out drink offerings unto her, did we make her wafers to worship her, and pour out drink offerings unto her, without our men?
44:20 Then Jeremiah said unto all the people, to the men, and to the women, and to all the people which had given him [that] answer, saying,
44:21 The incense that ye burned in the cities of Judah, and in the streets of Jerusalem, ye, and your fathers, your kings, and your princes, and the people of the land, did not the "I AM" remember them, and came it [not] into His mind?
44:22 So that the "I AM" could no longer bear, because of the evil of your doings, [and] because of the abominations which ye have committed; therefore is your land a desolation, and an astonishment, and a curse, without an inhabitant, as at this day.
44:23 Because ye have burned incense, and because ye have sinned against the "I AM", and have not obeyed the voice of the "I AM", nor walked in His Law, nor in His Statutes, nor in His Covenant; therefore this evil is happened unto you, as at this day.
44:24 Moreover Jeremiah said unto all the people, and to all the women, Hear the Word of the "I AM", all Judah that [are] in the land of Egypt:
44:25 Thus saith the "I AM" Lord of hosts, the God of Israel, saying; Ye and your wives have both spoken with your mouths, and fulfilled with your hand, saying, We will surely perform our vows that we have vowed, to burn incense to the queen of heaven, and to pour out drink offerings unto her: ye will surely accomplish your vows, and surely perform your vows.

The Babylonian mystery religion of Roman Catholicism tells everyone the exact opposite, falsely claiming that there is a queen of heaven, thereby proving they and their priests work for Satan.

Well first she was given the title Mother of God because she’s the Mother of God, simple as that! Christ is God Therefore she is the mother of God.
You know very well the title "Mother of God" implies she existed before God...

And either you're being disingenuous or misinformed about the fact that it wasn't that simple. There was a dispute about the title in the earlyish church... which was conveniently decided in a council in the city of Ephesus which was noted for it's devotion to Diana, and from which some bishops were excluded from participating. But others have already told you this on the thread.

secondly, I’m unsure why they changed the date but I will look into it.
Please do, but i assure you i have spent countless hours on researching it and it is a dead end other than the obvious sincretism and Diana worship connection.

Because they were observant Jews? That's the best answer you can come up with?
More mental gymnastics.
It's not a "confusion ". The Bible clearly names Jesus's brothers (and mentions unnamed sisters). Never does it mention that Joseph was previously married and had children, and if they were his cousins there is a different Greek word used for cousin when Mary goes to visit her cousin.

Sources that claim to "explain Catholicism" basically admit many of the things we've mentioned in this thread.

Screenshot_20221202-222037.jpg

"The church has used the title mediator for Mary..."

What do the scriptures say?

1 Timothy 2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus

One mediator, Jesus Christ. Not his mother.

"The gods and goddesses of ancient Greece and Rome were powerful archetypes im the minds of the people up through the first and second centuries. From the beginning of Catholicism, their characteristics were assimilated into Mary's story."

Screenshot_20221202-222103.jpg
"Catholics believe Mary rules over death as the queen of heaven. This role came out of the Hellenistic mythology of Artemis (later called Diana by the Romans)"

Screenshot_20221202-222111.jpg
"Mary's legends continued to grow, especially around the city of Ephesus... where the mother goddess was particularly popular... It was also in Ephesus that Paul encountered the crowd's cheering 'great is Artemis of Ephesus' as he attempted to preach. "

This is not from some kind of "conspiracy book". The authors are catholics, have taught at catholic universities for many years.

A Freeman

Superstar

Paul's letter to the Galatians
1:19 But other of the apostles saw I none, except James the Lord's (half) BROTHER (Read the Gospel according to James - his beautiful letter to YOU).
1:20 Now the things which I write unto you, behold, before God, I LIE NOT.

The Gospel of Matthew
10:2 Now the names of the twelve apostles are these; The first, Simon, who is called Peter (Cephas), and Andrew his brother; James [the son] of Zebedee, and John his brother;
10:3 Philip, and Bartholomew; Thomas, and Matthew the taxman; James (the Lord's half-brother - ch. 13:55 below and Gal. 1:19 above) [the son] of Alphaeus (Mary's second husband) and Lebbaeus, whose surname was Thaddaeus;
10:4 Simon the Canaanite, and Judas Iscariot, who also betrayed him.

13:55 Is not this (Jesus) the carpenter's son? is not his mother called Mary? and his BROTHERS, James, and Joses, and Simon, and Jude? (4 of them).
13:56 And his SISTERS (more than one sister), are they not all with us? Whence then hath this [man] all these things? (Mary therefore, including Jesus, gave birth to an absolute minimum of SEVEN children - count them for yourself) (How could she possibly have been a PERPETUAL virgin?)
13:57 And they were offended in him. But Jesus said unto them, A prophet is not without honour, save in his own country, and in his own house.
13:58 And he did not many mighty works there because of their unbelief.

The Gospel of Mark
3:18 And Andrew, and Philip, and Bartholomew, and Matthew, and Thomas, and James (the Lord's half-brother - ch. 6:3 below) the [son] of Alphaeus (Mary's second husband), and Thaddaeus, and Simon the Canaanite,
3:19 And Judas Iscariot, which also betrayed him: and they went into an house.

6:3 Is not this the carpenter, (Jesus) the son of Mary, the brother of James, and Joses, and of Jude, and Simon (FIVE brothers including Jesus)? and are not his sisterS (at LEAST TWO) here with us? And they were offended at him.
6:4 But Jesus said unto them, A Prophet is not without honour, except in his own country, and among his own kin, and in his own house.
6:5 And he could there do no mighty work, save that he laid his hands upon a few sick folk, and healed [them].
6:6 And he marvelled because of their unbelief. And he went round about the villages, teaching.

Why does the pope teach his followers (catholics) that Jesus's own chosen apostles and the Bible (God's written Word) itself are liars, by saying that Mary was a perpetual virgin? There was nothing supernatural about her other children's births.

The pope has told you that only people who believe him will not burn in hell-fire?

Should you believe a person or any organisation that teaches you LIES and put your life and death into the hands of people who tell you lies?

Don't you think that believing lies and gambling your soul on the word of people who tell lies is rather mis-guided and foolish, to put it mildly?

Wouldn't it be much safer to reject lies and believe the TRUTH? What does Jesus' apostle, whom he chose specially and blinded; Paul, of the road to Damascus fame, say on the subject?

Paul's second letter to the Thessalonians
2:7 For the mystery (Rev./Apoc. 17:5) of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth [will let], until he (the son of perdition) be taken out of the way.
2:8 And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the [Sword of the] Spirit (The TRUTH or Word of God) from his mouth, and shall destroy (Rev./Apoc. 17 and 18) with the enlightening of his coming:
2:9 [Even the Wicked], whose coming is the work of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,
2:10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the Truth, that they might be saved.
2:11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe A LIE:
2:12 That they all might be damned who believed not the Truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness (and lies - Rev./Apoc. 21:8).
2:13 But we are bound to give thanks always to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the Truth:

Don't you think it would be wiser to believe the written Word of God (the TRUTH) than to believe people who tell you that the written Word of God is a lie?

Satan, the serpent in the Garden of Eden, told you, then, that God was a liar and that he was telling you the truth and you believed him and since then you have all been getting sick and dying, exactly as God (Who is THE TRUTH) told you.

Anyone who tells you that God is a liar is obviously working for Satan the devil (liar in Hebrew). How long would YOU employ someone who called YOU a liar?

Who do you think, now, in the Light of this EVIDENCE, the pope and his employees are REALLY working for? Remember it's your life.

Love from JAH