Thread dedicated to the Holy Virgin Mary, Mother of God, Queen of Heaven.

SnowFall

Veteran
Holy Rosary Saturday

Hail Mary Full Of Grace the Lord is with thee blessed art thou among women and blessed is the fruit of thy Jesus
Holy Mary mother of God, pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death Amen

SnowFall

Veteran
Catholicism involves worship of statues. I can link videos where they bring them in during mass. Not to mention the "veneration" of Mary.
This allows demons in. If you think Islam is heretical due to "signs" you have received I'd question the source of your signs.

We could go back and forth, but if you rely on a translator, then i fear much would be lost. Sorry, but i don't speak a word of Brazilian.
We’ve been over this many times Daze, Catholics don’t worship statues just like you don’t love the photograph of your family, you love your family the photo depicts.

SnowFall

Veteran
Holy Virgin Mary Mother of God and my mother and my Queen, I dedicate, consecrate and devote myself to thee!

Okay so give me some specific examples and I’ll address them.

btw I intend to try and convert you back to the true faith and know that if you are baptised Catholic you are my sister.
Ok, since youre going to do apologetics explain these things to us.

Why was it that the title "Mother of God" (Theotokos) instead of "Mother of Christ" (Christotokos) was decided in the council of Ephesus, a city well known for it's worship of Diana (according to the Bible, and secular history). A council where many of the bishops were not permitted to participate in. Kind of convenient, dont you think?

Also, why is the day commemorated as either Mary's death, or bodily ascension to heaven, celebrated on the day that the pagans celebrated Nemoralia, a day dedicated to Diana.

The Nemoralia (also known as the Festival of Torches or Hecatean Ides) is a three-day festival originally celebrated by the ancient Romans on the Ides of August (August 13–15) in honor of the goddess Diana. Although the Nemoralia was originally celebrated at the Sanctuary of Diana at Lake Nemi, it soon became more widely celebrated. The Catholic Church may have adapted the Nemoralia as the Feast of the Assumption.
If at some point she was celebrated on January 18, why was the date changed to August 15?

A Gallic liturgy of the mid-sixth century is the first evidence of the celebration of the Assumption in the Western Church. This feast, held on Jan. 18, was called in a seventh-century Sacramentary the “Feast of Mary’s Assumption.” St. Gregory of Tours (d. c. 596), in his treatise “On the Glory of the Martyrs,” affirms Mary’s assumption: “The Lord bade the sacred body [of Mary] be borne aloft on a cloud and carried to paradise, where, reunited to the soul, and rejoicing with His elect, it enjoys the good things of eternity in unending bliss.”
Just a few questions that no one on the internet seems to ask or know the answer to...

Also, if Mary is without sin, why did she need to undergo purification and offer a sin offering after Jesus's birth (Luke 2:22-24)? In fact, don't catholics teach that Mary gave birth while remaining a virgin? (Not to mentiom the Bible mentions Jesus' brothers and sisters, not cousins as a different word is used for cousin)

We as Catholics firmly believe that Mary is "ever virgin." The Catechism of the Catholic Church asserts, "The deepening of faith in the virginal motherhood led the Church to confess Mary's real and perpetual virginity even in the act of giving birth to the Son of God made man." This statement reflects a more precise dogmatic statement issued at the First Lateran Council: "If anyone does not, according to the holy Fathers, confess truly and properly that holy Mary, ever virgin and immaculate, is Mother of God, since in this latter age she conceived in true reality without human seed from the Holy Spirit, God the Word Himself, who before the ages was begotten of God the Father, and gave birth to Him without injury, her virginity remaining equally inviolate after the birth, let him be condemned."

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
I note that @SnowFall refers to the Catechism as having a bearing on what is to believed.

I have a family friend who is a JW. She will often refer to the Watchtower Society’s pronouncements on certain topics.

I prefer to go to the Bible and I believe that every individual Christian who is truly born again is indwelt with the Holy Spirit.

I don’t normally quote from this version but the traditional Catholic version appears to argue with submission to papal dictat over the guidance of the Holy Spirit in the understanding of the word:

1 John 2:27 - Douay-Rheims Bible
And as for you, let the unction, which you have received from him, abide in you. And you have no need that any man teach you; but as his unction teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie. And as it hath taught you, abide in him.

Widening the picture further, Jesus conveys letters to the seven churches to the Apostle John. The degree to which these admonitions pertain to distinct periods of church history is both alarming and astounding. In case it is perceived that this teaching comes from a position of Protestant superiority, it would appear that criticism was also levelled at the post-reformation church and the modern “evangelical” church as well.

Last edited:

QMQS

Established

Why was it that the title "Mother of God" (Theotokos) instead of "Mother of Christ" (Christotokos) was decided in the council of Ephesus, a city well known for it's worship of Diana (according to the Bible, and secular history). A council where many of the bishops were not permitted to participate in. Kind of convenient, dont you think?

Also, why is the day commemorated as either Mary's death, or bodily ascension to heaven, celebrated on the day that the pagans celebrated Nemoralia, a day dedicated to Diana.

If at some point she was celebrated on January 18, why was the date changed to August 15?

Just a few questions that no one on the internet seems to ask or know the answer to...

Also, if Mary is without sin, why did she need to undergo purification and offer a sin offering after Jesus's birth (Luke 2:22-24)? In fact, don't catholics teach that Mary gave birth while remaining a virgin? (Not to mentiom the Bible mentions Jesus' brothers and sisters, not cousins as a different word is used for cousin)

True!

"Queen of Heaven" is title given to "goddesses" like Ishtar, Inanna, Anat, Isis, Nut, Astarte, Aphrodite, Venus and possibly Asherah. Many of them are the same entity, just with a different name. It all goes back to Babylon with semiramis, who married Tammuz and made herself a "goddess". Before Tammuz she was married to Nimrod, who built the Tower to Babel and later became the "sun god".

Ishtar/Inanna is also the god of the current TRANS-AGENDA

Individuals who went against the traditional gender binary were heavily involved in the cult of Inanna.[49] During Sumerian times, a set of priests known as gala worked in Inanna's temples, where they performed elegies and lamentations.[50] Men who became gala sometimes adopted female names and their songs were composed in the Sumerian eme-sal dialect, which, in literary texts, is normally reserved for the speech of female characters. Some Sumerian proverbs seem to suggest that gala had a reputation for engaging in anal sex with men.[51] During the Akkadian Period, kurgarrū and assinnu were servants of Ishtar who dressed in female clothing and performed war dances in Ishtar's temples.[52] Several Akkadian proverbs seem to suggest that they may have also had homosexual proclivities.[52] Gwendolyn Leick, an anthropologist known for her writings on Mesopotamia, has compared these individuals to the contemporary Indian hijra.[53] In one Akkadian hymn, Ishtar is described as transforming men into women.
So if you are accepting the concept of a "queen in heaven" you are so being decieved by Satan.

"Christians" praying to Mary also diminish the one true GOD. It is the same with all the "Saints", which are just the "christianized" form of pagan "gods" (little g), which in actuality are just demons and nothing else.

I will stuck to the Bible.

SnowFall

Veteran

Well first she was given the title Mother of God because she’s the Mother of God, simple as that! Christ is God Therefore she is the mother of God.

secondly, I’m unsure why they changed the date but I will look into it.

next, in Mary’s purification:https://www.catholic.com/qa/if-mary-was-free-of-sin-why-did-she-go-through-the-purification-ceremony

and finally on the Jesus had brothers confusion:https://www.catholic.com/magazine/online-edition/jesus-had-brothers

SnowFall

Veteran
True!

"Queen of Heaven" is title given to "goddesses" like Ishtar, Inanna, Anat, Isis, Nut, Astarte, Aphrodite, Venus and possibly Asherah. Many of them are the same entity, just with a different name. It all goes back to Babylon with semiramis, who married Tammuz and made herself a "goddess". Before Tammuz she was married to Nimrod, who built the Tower to Babel and later became the "sun god".

Ishtar/Inanna is also the god of the current TRANS-AGENDA

So if you are accepting the concept of a "queen in heaven" you are so being decieved by Satan.

"Christians" praying to Mary also diminish the one true GOD. It is the same with all the "Saints", which are just the "christianized" form of pagan "gods" (little g), which in actuality are just demons and nothing else.

I will stuck to the Bible.
You couldn’t be more wrong ‍♂