Thoughts on the recent Busta Rhymes post

LightMyFire

What do you guys think about the recent post on the main site about Busta Rhymes?

Super interesting but a few things stuck out to me.

I dont know how I feel about the part about the 5 Percenters and their belief on race. Does anyone have any insight on this?

Where did the 13X guy learn the info about black people specifically being god?

I wonder if it could trace to the theory of all people originating from Africa and having dark skin.

Hmm...

billy t

Veteran
Yeah, I read the article. I am familiar with Busta Rhymes as I used to listen to him in my younger days. I am familiar with a lot of rappers who are affiliated with the 5 percent nation and NOI. There are some other strange groups like the Nuwabians. They are a very, very strange one.

Anyway, as for the 5 Percent nation then they believe that Clarence 13X or whatever he called himself was Allah in the flesh. Clarence went to jail so they believe in a God who was put in jail. Muslims believe that Allah is not like his creation and the belief that Allah entered inside an man is blasphemous. Their beliefs are actually closer to new age spirituality as they both share the idea that you yourself can become God and that the power is within in you. They call men gods and the woman "earths". Each black man is seemingly the God of his own universe. They call each other "Gods" in a casual type of way. So they will be like "how are you God?" "I'm good God". Yeah, you will see Raekwon and Ghostface Killah used a lot of this disgusting language in their earlier music in the mid nineties. Most New York hip hop in the 90's is full of 5 percent references.

The 5 Percent nation broke off from the NOI (can't remember why) but they still kind of work together these days. The exact dynamics of it I don't know but you will see those affiliated with NOI speaking well of Louis Farrakhan. From an Islamic standpoint we do not see them as being Muslims. They are mushrikeen (those who associate others with God in worship). NOI believe that Elijiah Muhammad was a Prophet of God when the Qur'aan clearly says that Prophet Muhammad salAllahu alaiyhi wasallam is the final prophet.

They have weird beliefs in regard to race too. They bring some verses from the bible that seemingly prove that blacks were the original Israelites. This is why you have the "Black Israelite" group that popped up who are another kettle of fish all together. They believe that the white race was created by some mad scientist in the past. I kid you not. Seems that Elijiah Muhammad had been reading too much H.G Wells. They also believe in a "mothership" that is seemingly going to come in the future and suck up the white race who are all devils.

Yeah, this is what I know about them in brief. I encourage anyone interested in the topic to read Malcolm X's autobiography as it is an excellent read and also will give you a break down of what the NOI are upon. Malcolm X later rejected the NOI after making hajj and seeing blacks and whites worshipping Allah together. When Malcolm returned to America and spoke against the nation of shaytaan he was soon after killed. Make of that what you will. Farrakhan is extremely dodgy and even works with scientologists. He has some very shady connections.

As for what Busta Rhymes says about the new world order and what not. Who knows. Yeah, he has said a lot of things that are true but I don't know the guy personally. Clearly he is very misguided but even someone on the wrong path can say certain things that are true. We can only judge what is apparent and yeah most of these celebrities mix truth and falsehood together. Allah knows best.

Last edited: