Thoughts on Amazon's "The Boys"; pushing hidden agenda?

The X-Files

Rookie
I've seen some episodes of Amazon's newest and heavily promoted series, The Boys.

The show isn't afraid of depicting graphic violence, nudity, drugs and other "adult" elements (they include an appropriate warning at the beginning, though).

But I cannot help but wonder, is there something else going behind this production? The story seems to be actually against transhumanism and the superhero culture. Humans fight against evil super/antiheroes and expose them as corrupt, shallow and depraved beings. Most of the "supes" are clear parodies of DC and Marvel characters. But we know things aren't usually that easy when it comes to read hidden messages and dual speeches. Personally, I feel there's a dark vibe around this show, hard to describe.

Gotta say I'm not familiar with Amazon's Prime stance in the current entertainment industry/NWO.
Thoughts, opinions?

the boys amazon.jpeg

Count

I watched the whole first season and thoroughly enjoyed it. It had the typical things you expect in a modern show, accept the gays, #metoo, all that junk, but it wasn't obnoxious to the point of ruining everything. I liked the way it showed the Supes and Vaught, how the narrative is so controled, how they are the problem reaction and solution.

Overall a decent show. Mostly harmless.