By trick, by trial
How subtle, these
Have stricken us
With timeless ease
None tho' surprising
This, if you please
He got one one right--
Maimonides!
Clever! Try pronouncing it (the name of God). There are no vowels, only consonants, even in Hebrew. English speakers have a go with such variations as Jehovah and Yahweh, but that, the addition of vowels, is not found in the Tetragrammaton, so it seems a guess on anybody's part. Apart from the above-linked article, I think the Bible -or maybe it was Josephus- records that the Jewish high priest, once a year during Yom Kippur, when he would enter the Holy of Holies with adequate sacrificial blood, would pronounce it, so evidently he knew how, but it's been awhile since I have read that part.

With that said, maybe the author of Rumplestiltskin was aware of the taboos which often surround mentioning God's name in some circles and was playing on that? I know that Jews and others will often simply say "Hashem," which means "the name" without actually pronouncing it, and will even put a hyphen in the word, God, making it G-d.

Last edited:

elsbet

Superstar
Clever! Try pronouncing it (the name of God). There are no vowels, only consonants, even in Hebrew. English speakers have a go with such variations as Jehovah and Yahweh, but that, the addition of vowels, is not found in the Tetragrammaton, so it seems a guess on anybody's part. Apart from the above-linked article, I think the Bible -or maybe it was Josephus- records that the Jewish high priest, once a year during Yom Kippur, when he would enter the Holy of Holies with adequate sacrificial blood, would pronounce it, so evidently he knew how, but it's been awhile since I have read that part.

With that said, maybe the author of Rumplestiltskin was aware of the taboos which often surround mentioning God's name in some circles and was playing on that? I know that Jews and others will often simply say "Hashem," which means "the name" without actually pronouncing it, and will even put a hyphen in the word, God, making it G-d.
I think its bunk.

The idea that someone could control God by saying His name-- think about it-- God, Himself, would necessarily had to have created the existence of that phenomena. Seems awfully counterproductive.

Kais_1

Star
i posted this in another thread on this forum.....but seen as though the discussion is leading towards god and his names i thought i would add this...

GOD spelt backwards is DOG....

The DOG being referred to is most probably the dog star which is also known as sirius...

so therefore your lord and god and all the rest stem from sirius...

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
i posted this in another thread on this forum.....but seen as though the discussion is leading towards god and his names i thought i would add this...

The DOG being referred to is most probably the dog star which is also known as sirius...

Lol - as in "Dog with a Bone"?!

540747396_344cde9fda_o-960x540.jpg

elsbet

Superstar

Sirius is often referenced in pagan religion, yes... but they cannot all be pagan. Right?

Serveto

Star
I think its bunk.

The idea that someone could control God by saying His name-- think about it-- God, Himself, would necessarily had to have created the existence of that phenomena. Seems awfully counterproductive.
I think it's bunk too, because I try to keep my superstitions in check, but, as Sir James Fraser, whose classical anthropological work is dated but in many ways still valid, points out, taboos around the presumably sacred names of the gods have been part of humankind's experience for quite awhile. Not only that, he points out that it was especially so where? In ancient Egypt, the exact place that the Bible records the, well, sort of competition between Moses and Pharaoh's court magicians during which the former's ate the latter's snakes (I think the story goes). For what it is worth, the author of Acts says that "Moses was learned in all the wisdom of the Egyptians," and that wisdom might, just might, have included more than how to build a proper pyramid.

Last edited:

Kais_1

Star
Sirius is often referenced in pagan religion, yes... but they cannot all be pagan. Right?
i dont know if sirius is pagan or not.....but its called the dog star....

maybe it was named in the times of babylon....or even earlier...

god and dog

i do recall reading somewhere that ANUBIS is linked to the boat of the dead...which had 42 oarsmen..(maybe somone can clarify this)

When you work out ALLAH numerically it works out as 42 + 8

i still think its all linked to the ANNUNAKI...

no one has managed to change my mind as of yet!

Kais_1

Star
Schizophrenia in Jewish Gematria equals: 863:
s90
c3
h8
i9
z500
o50
p6
h8
r80
e5
n40
i9
a1

So does Rumpelstiltskin!

Therefore Rumpelstiltskin has Scitzophrenia.
i think the above condition leads you to the truth of matters......

just think of the hundreds of SHAMEN who have weird experiences....are they all ill?

Karlysymon

Superstar
The same Greek word, in Latin, is Lucifer, or lucifer. The still outstanding question is why it is that you, even if only metaphorically, are expecting Lucifer to arise in your heart? How is Jesus thought to be metaphorically related to Lucifer?

"et habemus firmiorem propheticum sermonem cui bene facitis adtendentes quasi lucernae lucenti in caliginoso loco donec dies inlucescat et lucifer oriatur in cordibus vestris"

Thanks for the link on Maimonides, strangely enough it was pretty much a pre-mil offering.
As for Lucifer, i get the point you are trying to put across and oddly enough, i did a double take on this afew years ago.
1544897988364.png
Because of the association of Venus with Lucifer, i wondered if it may actually have a double meaning. Iam not lobbing an accusation at Marcus Lamb as being a closeted Luciferian, its just a thought that crossed my mind as i popped my (propaganda)pill for the day.
Notwithstanding that said channel already has its cameras well positioned in a prime spot, ready to film Christ as He descends on Mt. Olives....kinda like how CNN had theirs on 9/11.

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
i think the above condition leads you to the truth of matters......

just think of the hundreds of SHAMEN who have weird experiences....are they all ill?
Not at all -

I have often pictured the materialist as somebody who stays at home and only looks at the world on their TV screen. The spiritual person leaves the house to find out.

Not all journeys are wise, safe or put you in front of better things. If Shamens are accessing a spiritual dimension, the information they receive (based on reports back after) is almost certainly demonic, intended to poison the soul of the shamen and anyone who gives credence to his or her revelations.

Kais_1

Star
Wild guess Waraquah ?
i have no idea yet.......i recall watching peace tv many yrs ago...and the name was said on there...to a dr zakir naik.

i have flashbacks of intense brainwashing ...just to remove this name from my mind....