This is what Islam is...

Kais_1

Star
By the same token you might conclude that Christians worship Ishtar (Easter) or Satan (from Saturn in Saturnalia) at Christmas.

We really don't, btw...
as for the language thing..Latin came before English...this i know

Arabic and English are also very similar

they have the the same pronunciations and alphabet

and for the Illuminati, the Illuminati i refer to is the one that stemmed from Babylon..not the Bavarian Illuminati

Dalit

Star
By the same token you might conclude that Christians worship Ishtar (Easter) or Satan (from Saturn in Saturnalia) at Christmas.

We really don't, btw...
Yet this is why I like the Biblical feasts so much. Plus, it's like we're always celebrating something! This girl likes to party all the time. Just interjecting some humor. :)

Whoa, Eddie Murphy and Rick James got some Illuminati symbols rampant in this thing.

Kais_1

Star
yes i do know a little about Christianity...and that is that the Jesus story stems from Babylon.

3 names....search for them as you wish

queen Semiramis

nimrod

Tammuz

the Jesus story has been replayed through the times from olden days

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
yes i do know a little about Christianity...and that is that the Jesus story stems from Babylon.

queen Semiramis

nimrod

Tammuz

I think you need to consider the information contained in the Mazzeroth. It might interest you where the information on a Messiah, born of a virgin first appears...

Dalit

Star

queen Semiramis

nimrod

Tammuz

I think you may be a bit confused about Christianity. Semiramis, Nimrod and Tammuz have to do with a date on the calendar (December 25th) and not Christianity as a whole. It is believed that December 25th is the birthday of Tammuz, the child born of incest between Semiramis and her son, I think. Nimrod is mentioned in Genesis 11, yes, with Nimrod the mighty hunter, with the people building a tower of Babel that is supposed to reach up to heaven. The Pentateuch's version of NWO (New World Order) which didn't last.

I personally feel a conviction to celebrate the Biblical feasts and not so much Christmas and Easter, but most if not all Christians celebrate Christmas and Easter out of a pure heart seeing Jesus as the reason for the season. To me it felt more like a tradition in my more secularly minded family and, once I did the research, I chose to look into the Biblical feasts and celebrate them. Actually, before I did the research I wanted to know more about Sukkot from reading about it in Zechariah 14. If it's to be celebrated in the New Jerusalem then perhaps I should know what it is. That started this whole journey for me. Yet I don't want to begrudge my family their joy in tradition. I personally don't have a Christmas tree and ornaments in my home but I saved the nativity scene that really looks like Joseph, Mary and Jesus are in a sukkah.

We know Jesus wasn't born on 12/25, but we celebrate His birth that day because of Constantine or the Roman Catholic Church, maybe a little of both of those influences. It was because while the Romans were celebrating Saturnalia or whatever else they celebrated the Christians could celebrate Jesus and be free of persecution. Yes, it may seem like co-opting a pagan day and maybe it is. For years I celebrated it and probably will a bit reluctantly for my parents until they pass on. But celebrating or not celebrating Christmas isn't what makes a person a Christian. Jesus is.

Last edited:

Kais_1

Star
Thanks for the links...

so Virgo signifys the virgin birth....

any idea when the age of virgo was?

i did a search and found the below on wiki...we are currently in the age of virgo...according to wiki

i found this....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virgo_(astrology)

and this....

Ages involving the opposite sign
An established school of thought that an age is also influenced by the sign opposite to the one of the astrological age. Referring back to the precession of the Equinoxes, as the Sun crosses one constellation in the Northern Hemisphere's spring Equinox (March 21), it will cross the opposite sign in the spring Equinox in the Southern Hemisphere (September 21). For instance, the Age of Pisces is complemented by its opposite astrological sign of Virgo (the Virgin); so a few refer to the Piscean age as the 'Age of Pisces-Virgo'.[25] Adopting this approach, the Age of Aquarius would become the Age of Aquarius-Leo. Ray Grasse also claims that each sign of the zodiac is involving with the opposite sign.[26]

and this

Transition into the Aquarian Age
Pisces has been called the "dying god," where its sign opposite in the night sky is Virgo, or, the Virgin Mary.[64] When Jesus was asked by his disciples where the next Passover would be, he replied to them:

Behold, when ye are entered into the city, there shall a man meet you bearing a pitcher of water ... follow him into the house where he entereth in.​
— Jesus, Luke 22:10​
This coincides with the changing of the ages, into the Age of Aquarius,[65] as the personification of the constellation of Aquarius is a man carrying pitchers of water.

Aquarius also has a double rulership: Saturn is the traditional ruler and Uranus is the modern ruler. Saturn presides over structure and form and the status quo. Because Saturn tends to be rather rigid it is often associated with the rigidity of religious doctrine.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Astrological_age

Last edited:

elsbet

Superstar
Thanks for the links...

so Virgo signifys the virgin birth....

any idea when the age of virgo was?

i did a search and found the below on wiki...we are currently in the age of virgo...according to wiki

i found this....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virgo_(astrology)

and this....

Ages involving the opposite sign
An established school of thought that an age is also influenced by the sign opposite to the one of the astrological age. Referring back to the precession of the Equinoxes, as the Sun crosses one constellation in the Northern Hemisphere's spring Equinox (March 21), it will cross the opposite sign in the spring Equinox in the Southern Hemisphere (September 21). For instance, the Age of Pisces is complemented by its opposite astrological sign of Virgo (the Virgin); so a few refer to the Piscean age as the 'Age of Pisces-Virgo'.[25] Adopting this approach, the Age of Aquarius would become the Age of Aquarius-Leo. Ray Grasse also claims that each sign of the zodiac is involving with the opposite sign.[26]

and this

Transition into the Aquarian Age
Pisces has been called the "dying god," where its sign opposite in the night sky is Virgo, or, the Virgin Mary.[64] When Jesus was asked by his disciples where the next Passover would be, he replied to them:

Behold, when ye are entered into the city, there shall a man meet you bearing a pitcher of water ... follow him into the house where he entereth in.​

— Jesus, Luke 22:10​
This coincides with the changing of the ages, into the Age of Aquarius,[65] as the personification of the constellation of Aquarius is a man carrying pitchers of water.

Aquarius also has a double rulership: Saturn is the traditional ruler and Uranus is the modern ruler. Saturn presides over structure and form and the status quo. Because Saturn tends to be rather rigid it is often associated with the rigidity of religious doctrine.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Astrological_age
We're in the age of Pisces, now... Neptune-ruled. Dreams, delusion, spiritual stuffs. Aquarius, astrologically speaking, in its modern rulership (Uranus), is associated with rebellion, electricity (lightning), technology, and eccentricity.

As for the age of Virgo... dont think our records go back that far. The wheel typically starts with Aries today, but in ancient times, I believe it began with Leo. Which makes sense.

:)

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
It has been the observation that the sun progress through the twelve houses each year, throughout many cultures.

The notion that the story begins with Virgo (also the beginning of the year in the Hebrew calendar) and proceeds to Leo is interesting (to say the least).

Each of the constellations contain stars with very specific and unusual names which illustrate that part of the story.

The information below is from Chuck Missler at KHouse.

The Hebrew “Mazzaroth” has nothing to do with astrology. Rather, it is a tool that uses the stars to tell a story.

In this article, we’re going to look at the Mazzaroth, the Hebrew name for the zodiac. Many scholars believe the word zodiac comes from the Greek zidiakòs kýklos meaning “a circle of little animals.” The Sanskrit root word sodi, though, means “the way” and reflects the Middle East understanding of the zodiac.

The Mazzaroth has nothing to do with astrology or any attempt to tell our futures based on the stars. Rather, the Mazzarothis a tool that uses the stars to tell a story.

The Hebrews knew their constellations. They were not to worship the stars, but the first chapter of Genesis states that when God created the heavenly bodies, He did so for several reasons. He said, “…Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years.”[1]

Stories in the Sky
It is amusing to see planetarium shows still spreading the notion that the various pictures associated with the constellations were ancient imaginings taken from the arrangement of the stars. If you have carefully explored that conjecture, it is easily discarded as fanciful and absurd.

Have you ever tried to visualize a “lady chained to a chair” in the bent-W known as Cassiopeia? One can see Draco as a serpent-dragon winding and bending between the Big and Little Dippers, but Sagittarius looks more like a teapot than an archer. And yet, the names of the constellations tend to be consistent, with small variations, throughout different cultures around the world.

We also discover something else as we delve into these ancient records. We discover ancient Persian and Arabian traditions that ascribe the invention of astronomy to Adam, Seth and Enoch. Josephus credits the children of Seth with working to preserve the ancient knowledge in pillars of stone.[2]

Those traditions do have roots back that far, and I suggest that the names of the stars and the constellations originally had meaning to Adam, Seth, and Enoch—that they were created to serve as a mnemonic, a memory tool, to tell a very important story. The story they tell has significance to all of us, so much so that it was corrupted in a temple at Babel and became the distorted soothsayer’s tool we see today in astrology.

Associated with each sign’s constellation are three other smaller constellations called “decans” for a total of 36, each rising in the same area of the sky as their associated major constellation. Every ten days, a different decan is visible on the eastern horizon just before sunrise, and 2100 years before Christ, symbols on Egyptian coffins show they were used to keep track of sidereal time.[3]

The pictures in the sky are not as important as their names, and the corrupted Babylonian star names aren’t extremely helpful, although we can see a hint of the original names in a few places. The clue to unraveling the original story is to understand the Hebrew names. We owe a debt to E.W. Bullinger for his 1893 book The Witness of the Stars and his careful exposition of the Hebrew constellation and star names.

The Seed of the Virgin
The first sign of the Mazzaroth is known best by her Latin name Virgo—the Virgin. In the Mazzaroth, the Hebrew name of this constellation is Bethulah, which also means Virgin, and she holds a branch in her hand (see graphic, left).

That’s interesting. Why is the Virgin holding a branch in her hand? The brightest star in the constellation is Spica, Latin for “ear of grain.” The Hebrew name for the star, Tsemech, means “branch” as does the Arabic name, Al Zimach. In Egyptian, the star is Aspolia—“the seed.”

There are 20 Hebrew words that can mean “branch.” Tsemach is consistently associated with the Messiah—the Branch who will sprout up out of the root of David(Isaiah 4:2, Jeremiah 23:5, Zechariah 3:8). The reference to the grain is interesting. In the Gospel of John, Jesus says:

“Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except a corn of wheat fall into the ground and die, it abideth alone: but if it die, it bringeth forth much fruit.”​
John 12:24
If we can’t track the Hebrew names, the Arabic is usually very close, because the languages are similar. In Arabic, the whole constellation is called The Branch, and the other bright stars in the constellation are Zavijaveh, “gloriously beautiful” and Al Mureddin, “who shall have dominion” (Psalm 72:8). In Chaldean, this last star is Vindemiatrix, “son who cometh.”

Bethulah/Virgo corresponds beautifully with Genesis 3:15 and Isaiah 7:14, the first Biblical prophecy of the coming Messiah, born of the seed of the woman, born of a virgin.

Coma
The three decan constellations associated with Virgo are Coma, Centaurus, and Bootes. In Hebrew, the root word Camah means “to long with desire” as when David says, “…my flesh longeth for thee in a dry and thirsty land, where no water is” (Psalm 63:1), and the derivative Comah means “the desired one.”

In the Egyptian Temple of Denderah, Coma is portrayed as a woman holding a child. Bullinger quotes the Arabian astronomer Albumazar saying of Coma, “There arises in the first Decan, as the Persians, Chaldeans, and Egyptians and the two Hermes and Ascalius teach, a young woman, whose Persian name denotes a pure virgin, sitting on a throne, nourishing an infant boy (the boy, I say), having a Hebrew name, by some nations called IHESU…”[4]

That’s an odd visual, because virgins do not suckle babies. The ancient Egyptian name for the constellation is Shes-nu, which means the “desired son.”

Centaurus
Another decan constellation associated with Virgo is Centaurus, and the centaur we know from pagan mythology. Half-man, half-horse, a centaur is a being with two natures. The name of the constellation in Hebrew is Bezah, which means “the despised”—as in Isaiah 53:3: “He is despised and rejected of men…” Asmeath, “sin offering,” was another name for this constellation in Hebrew, as in Isaiah 53:10: “Yet it pleased the LORD to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: When thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin…” Our Savior was a despised sin offering with two natures—God and man.

Bootes
The third decan associated with Virgo is Bootes, a man walking rapidly with a spear in his right hand and a sickle in his left. His name is a Greek variation on the Hebrew word Bo, which means “to come.” Arcturus, the brightest star in this constellation and the brightest north of the celestial equator, is mentioned in Job 9:9 and 38:32. Its Hebrew name is `Ayish, from a root word that means, “to come quickly” or “to hasten.” He is the Coming One. It is likely that the entire constellation’s original name was Arcturus.

By the time of the Greeks, Bootes is portrayed as a Plowman, holding his sickle. He is also shown driving the bears of Ursa Major and Ursa Minor, or in recent centuries leading the nearby greyhound constellation.

As a guardian, though, why does he carry a sickle? That’s the tool and weapon of the farmer, not the hunter. Yet, according to Revelation 14, Jesus Christ does carry a sickle in his right hand for the time of harvest (Revelation 14:14–15). After Arcturus, the next brightest star in Bootes is called Necar – “the pierced one” or Merga, “who bruises.”

The Gospel in the Stars
Thus, we see in the constellation Virgo and her decans the framework for the story to follow. We see the Virgin suckling the greatly desired son, also called “the seed of the woman” and “the branch.” We then see the two-natured teacher and prophet who was pierced and sacrificed, and finally the Coming One, who will hurry with a sickle in his hand as ready for a harvest.

“It is only one chapter out of twelve,” Bullinger writes, “but it distinctly foreshadows the end—even ‘the sufferings of Christ and the glory which should follow.’”[5]

https://www.khouse.org/articles/2014/1193/

Last edited:

elsbet

Superstar
(@Kais_1 as well) Instead if painting a picture of the houses of the Zodiac being "ages" that the earth progresses though, it has been the observation that the sun progress through the twelve houses each year, throughout many cultures.

The notion that the story begins with Virgo (also the beginning of the year in the Hebrew calendar) and proceeds to Leo is interesting (to say the least).

Each of the constellations contain stars with very specific and unusual names which illustrate that part of the story.

The information below is from Chuck Missler at KHouse.

The Hebrew “Mazzaroth” has nothing to do with astrology. Rather, it is a tool that uses the stars to tell a story.

In this article, we’re going to look at the Mazzaroth, the Hebrew name for the zodiac. Many scholars believe the word zodiac comes from the Greek zidiakòs kýklos meaning “a circle of little animals.” The Sanskrit root word sodi, though, means “the way” and reflects the Middle East understanding of the zodiac.

The Mazzaroth has nothing to do with astrology or any attempt to tell our futures based on the stars. Rather, the Mazzarothis a tool that uses the stars to tell a story.

The Hebrews knew their constellations. They were not to worship the stars, but the first chapter of Genesis states that when God created the heavenly bodies, He did so for several reasons. He said, “…Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years.”[1]

Stories in the Sky
It is amusing to see planetarium shows still spreading the notion that the various pictures associated with the constellations were ancient imaginings taken from the arrangement of the stars. If you have carefully explored that conjecture, it is easily discarded as fanciful and absurd.

Have you ever tried to visualize a “lady chained to a chair” in the bent-W known as Cassiopeia? One can see Draco as a serpent-dragon winding and bending between the Big and Little Dippers, but Sagittarius looks more like a teapot than an archer. And yet, the names of the constellations tend to be consistent, with small variations, throughout different cultures around the world.

We also discover something else as we delve into these ancient records. We discover ancient Persian and Arabian traditions that ascribe the invention of astronomy to Adam, Seth and Enoch. Josephus credits the children of Seth with working to preserve the ancient knowledge in pillars of stone.[2]

Those traditions do have roots back that far, and I suggest that the names of the stars and the constellations originally had meaning to Adam, Seth, and Enoch—that they were created to serve as a mnemonic, a memory tool, to tell a very important story. The story they tell has significance to all of us, so much so that it was corrupted in a temple at Babel and became the distorted soothsayer’s tool we see today in astrology.

Associated with each sign’s constellation are three other smaller constellations called “decans” for a total of 36, each rising in the same area of the sky as their associated major constellation. Every ten days, a different decan is visible on the eastern horizon just before sunrise, and 2100 years before Christ, symbols on Egyptian coffins show they were used to keep track of sidereal time.[3]

The pictures in the sky are not as important as their names, and the corrupted Babylonian star names aren’t extremely helpful, although we can see a hint of the original names in a few places. The clue to unraveling the original story is to understand the Hebrew names. We owe a debt to E.W. Bullinger for his 1893 book The Witness of the Stars and his careful exposition of the Hebrew constellation and star names.

The Seed of the Virgin
The first sign of the Mazzaroth is known best by her Latin name Virgo—the Virgin. In the Mazzaroth, the Hebrew name of this constellation is Bethulah, which also means Virgin, and she holds a branch in her hand (see graphic, left).

That’s interesting. Why is the Virgin holding a branch in her hand? The brightest star in the constellation is Spica, Latin for “ear of grain.” The Hebrew name for the star, Tsemech, means “branch” as does the Arabic name, Al Zimach. In Egyptian, the star is Aspolia—“the seed.”

There are 20 Hebrew words that can mean “branch.” Tsemach is consistently associated with the Messiah—the Branch who will sprout up out of the root of David(Isaiah 4:2, Jeremiah 23:5, Zechariah 3:8). The reference to the grain is interesting. In the Gospel of John, Jesus says:

“Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except a corn of wheat fall into the ground and die, it abideth alone: but if it die, it bringeth forth much fruit.”​

John 12:24
If we can’t track the Hebrew names, the Arabic is usually very close, because the languages are similar. In Arabic, the whole constellation is called The Branch, and the other bright stars in the constellation are Zavijaveh, “gloriously beautiful” and Al Mureddin, “who shall have dominion” (Psalm 72:8). In Chaldean, this last star is Vindemiatrix, “son who cometh.”

Bethulah/Virgo corresponds beautifully with Genesis 3:15 and Isaiah 7:14, the first Biblical prophecy of the coming Messiah, born of the seed of the woman, born of a virgin.

Coma
The three decan constellations associated with Virgo are Coma, Centaurus, and Bootes. In Hebrew, the root word Camah means “to long with desire” as when David says, “…my flesh longeth for thee in a dry and thirsty land, where no water is” (Psalm 63:1), and the derivative Comah means “the desired one.”

In the Egyptian Temple of Denderah, Coma is portrayed as a woman holding a child. Bullinger quotes the Arabian astronomer Albumazar saying of Coma, “There arises in the first Decan, as the Persians, Chaldeans, and Egyptians and the two Hermes and Ascalius teach, a young woman, whose Persian name denotes a pure virgin, sitting on a throne, nourishing an infant boy (the boy, I say), having a Hebrew name, by some nations called IHESU…”[4]

That’s an odd visual, because virgins do not suckle babies. The ancient Egyptian name for the constellation is Shes-nu, which means the “desired son.”

Centaurus
Another decan constellation associated with Virgo is Centaurus, and the centaur we know from pagan mythology. Half-man, half-horse, a centaur is a being with two natures. The name of the constellation in Hebrew is Bezah, which means “the despised”—as in Isaiah 53:3: “He is despised and rejected of men…” Asmeath, “sin offering,” was another name for this constellation in Hebrew, as in Isaiah 53:10: “Yet it pleased the LORD to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: When thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin…” Our Savior was a despised sin offering with two natures—God and man.

Bootes
The third decan associated with Virgo is Bootes, a man walking rapidly with a spear in his right hand and a sickle in his left. His name is a Greek variation on the Hebrew word Bo, which means “to come.” Arcturus, the brightest star in this constellation and the brightest north of the celestial equator, is mentioned in Job 9:9 and 38:32. Its Hebrew name is `Ayish, from a root word that means, “to come quickly” or “to hasten.” He is the Coming One. It is likely that the entire constellation’s original name was Arcturus.

By the time of the Greeks, Bootes is portrayed as a Plowman, holding his sickle. He is also shown driving the bears of Ursa Major and Ursa Minor, or in recent centuries leading the nearby greyhound constellation.

As a guardian, though, why does he carry a sickle? That’s the tool and weapon of the farmer, not the hunter. Yet, according to Revelation 14, Jesus Christ does carry a sickle in his right hand for the time of harvest (Revelation 14:14–15). After Arcturus, the next brightest star in Bootes is called Necar – “the pierced one” or Merga, “who bruises.”

The Gospel in the Stars
Thus, we see in the constellation Virgo and her decans the framework for the story to follow. We see the Virgin suckling the greatly desired son, also called “the seed of the woman” and “the branch.” We then see the two-natured teacher and prophet who was pierced and sacrificed, and finally the Coming One, who will hurry with a sickle in his hand as ready for a harvest.

“It is only one chapter out of twelve,” Bullinger writes, “but it distinctly foreshadows the end—even ‘the sufferings of Christ and the glory which should follow.’”[5]

https://www.khouse.org/articles/2014/1193/
You're implying the symbols you've presented are different somehow, and that the looming Age of Aquarius (a destination much anticipated by the pagan world) is... what, exactly? Certainly not unrelated.

I've always found it interesting, if not strange, that the ages go in the reverse order of the sun... but they do (to say the least). Have a google.

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
You're implying the symbols you've presented are different somehow, and that the looming Age of Aquarius (a destination much anticipated by the pagan world) is... what, exactly? Certainly not unrelated.

I've always found it interesting, if not strange, that the ages go in the reverse order of the sun... but they do (to say the least). Have a google.
^ Reverse order interesting indeed. Sorry I didn't mean to discount the significance of the wider "ages", just something I have never really took into account other than being aware that mystics of all flavours are longing for the Age of Aquarius. Aquaman anyone?!

On the twelve yearly signs, some people have noted that the Sphynx, another truly ancient structure has the face of a woman (Virgo?) and the body of a lion (Leo?).

Coincidence perhaps, but still very interesting!

Last edited:

elsbet

Superstar
Some people have noted that the Sphynx, another truly ancient structure has the face of a woman (Virgo?) and the body of a lion (Leo?).

Coincidence perhaps, but still very interesting!
Many think it has been altered, however,
I fail to see the relation or significance. Your deflection, on the other hand, is noted. Again.

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
Many think it has been altered, however,
I fail to see the relation or significance. Your deflection, on the other hand, is noted. Again.
Please accept my apologies, I couldn't comment with any insight on the wider concept of "ages" as I have never really taken that on board or studied it except in very simplistic terms.

My deflection was just in the spirit of addressing my original reply to @Kais_1. This was with reference to the question of whether the Gospel existed in any form that could be emulated by Nimrod, Semeramis and Tammuz. My observation is that if God named the stars, as Genesis indicates, what they were named has a profound significance.

Deciphering the Mazzeroth as it remains today is tricky because of the way in which names and figures have been reinterpreted by progressive civilisations but the ancient names of the stars do in fact tell quite a story.

Kais_1

Star
if age of Pisces is symbolised by a fish....maybe it means the NOMMO

then you have VIRGO symbolised by a virgin

14 22

ANNUNAKI

all of the stars and there symbolism stem from greek mythology

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
if age of Pisces is symbolised by a fish....maybe it means the NOMMO

then you have VIRGO symbolised by a virgin

14 22

ANNUNAKI

all of the stars and there symbolism stem from greek mythology
You really need to re-examine this - where do you think the Greeks got their concept of the Zodiac from?

Hint - the book of Job predates the Greeks a little ;-)

From Strong’s Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible in the Hebrew and Chaldee Dictionary,
Mazzaroth (maz’-za-roth) is connected to the comparisons of the following two words:
  1. mazzarah (He Resh Zayin Mem) M(ah)ZZ(aw)R(aw)H, maz-zaw-raw’; apparently from the Heb. nazar, naw-zar’, a primary root, to hold aloof, here specifically to set apart (to sacred purposes), i.e. devote – consecrate, separate, thus used here in the sense of distinction (only in the plural), perhaps collectively as the zodiac: Mazzaroth.
  2. mazzalah (He Lamed Zayin Mem) M(ah)ZZ(aw)L(aw)H, maz-zaw-law’; apparently from the Heb. nazal, naw-zal’, a primary root, to drip, or shed by trickling: distill, drop, flood, (cause to) flow(-ing), gushout, melt, pour (down), running water, stream, thus in the sense of raining; a constellation, i.e. Zodiacal sign (perhaps as affecting the weather); -- planet.
From Job 38:-

31Canst thou bind the sweet influences of Pleiades, or loose the bands of Orion?

32Canst thou bring forth Mazzaroth in his season? or canst thou guide Arcturus with his sons?

33Knowest thou the ordinances of heaven? canst thou set the dominion thereof in the earth?

Last edited:

Kais_1

Star
You really need to re-examine this - where do you think the Greeks got their concept of the Zodiac from?

Hint - the book of Job predates the Greeks a little ;-)

From Strong’s Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible in the Hebrew and Chaldee Dictionary,
Mazzaroth (maz’-za-roth) is connected to the comparisons of the following two words:
  1. mazzarah (He Resh Zayin Mem) M(ah)ZZ(aw)R(aw)H, maz-zaw-raw’; apparently from the Heb. nazar, naw-zar’, a primary root, to hold aloof, here specifically to set apart (to sacred purposes), i.e. devote – consecrate, separate, thus used here in the sense of distinction (only in the plural), perhaps collectively as the zodiac: Mazzaroth.
  2. mazzalah (He Lamed Zayin Mem) M(ah)ZZ(aw)L(aw)H, maz-zaw-law’; apparently from the Heb. nazal, naw-zal’, a primary root, to drip, or shed by trickling: distill, drop, flood, (cause to) flow(-ing), gushout, melt, pour (down), running water, stream, thus in the sense of raining; a constellation, i.e. Zodiacal sign (perhaps as affecting the weather); -- planet.
From Job 38:-

31Canst thou bind the sweet influences of Pleiades, or loose the bands of Orion?

32Canst thou bring forth Mazzaroth in his season? or canst thou guide Arcturus with his sons?

33Knowest thou the ordinances of heaven? canst thou set the dominion thereof in the earth?

The city of Babylon had been a city-state in Mesopotamia for many years. After thefall of the Akkadian Empire, the city was taken over and settled by the Amorites. The city began its rise to power in 1792 BC when King Hammurabi took the throne

Babylon dates a lot further back....

therefore im sticking with what i know

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
Star Names

The constellations themselves have been known from antiquity. Their identities have remained basically unchanged, although a few of the ancient large constellations have been divided up by modern astronomers into smaller constellations. But for many, the identities remain. For instance, the constellations of Taurus (the bull) and Orion appear in cave art dating back to 3000-2900 B.C.

The book of Job is the earliest completed book of the Old Testament, written about 2900 B.C. In Job 38:31-32, the Pleiades and Orion are both mentioned by name.

Around 2700 - 2500 BC, the Sumerians recorded the existence of a “Tablet of the stars of the heavens.” as shown below (courtesy of Wikipedia)

•GU.AN.NA "The Steer of Heaven" (Taurus)
•MAŠ.TAB.BA.GAL.GAL “Great Twins" (Gemini)
•AL.LUL "The Crayfish" (Cancer)
•UR.GU.LA "The Lion" (Leo)
•AB.SIN "The Seed-Furrow" (Virgo)
•ZIB.BA.AN.NA/zi-ba-ni-tum "The Scales" (Libra)
•GIR.TAB "The Scorpion" (Scorpius)
PA.BIL.SAG (Sagittarius)
•SUḪUR.MAŠ.KU "The Goat-Fish" (Capricorn)
•GU.LA "The Great One" (Aquarius)
•KUN.MEŠ "The tails" (Pisces)
•LU.ḪUŊ.GA "The Agrarian Worker" (Aries)

Sumerian Gudea Cylinder A (2300 BC) has clear mention of many star groups or signs

Mesopotamian tablets dating about 1800 B.C. record both star names and the observations of planetary movements.

Dating about 1400 B.C. are Chinese oracle bones which list the Chinese star names.

Babylonian and Chaldean tablets dating from 800 - 600 B.C. record the zodiac signs by name.

Kais_1

Star
Star Names

The constellations themselves have been known from antiquity. Their identities have remained basically unchanged, although a few of the ancient large constellations have been divided up by modern astronomers into smaller constellations. But for many, the identities remain. For instance, the constellations of Taurus (the bull) and Orion appear in cave art dating back to 3000-2900 B.C.

The book of Job is the earliest completed book of the Old Testament, written about 2900 B.C. In Job 38:31-32, the Pleiades and Orion are both mentioned by name.

Around 2700 - 2500 BC, the Sumerians recorded the existence of a “Tablet of the stars of the heavens.” as shown below (courtesy of Wikipedia)

•GU.AN.NA "The Steer of Heaven" (Taurus)
•MAŠ.TAB.BA.GAL.GAL “Great Twins" (Gemini)
•AL.LUL "The Crayfish" (Cancer)
•UR.GU.LA "The Lion" (Leo)
•AB.SIN "The Seed-Furrow" (Virgo)
•ZIB.BA.AN.NA/zi-ba-ni-tum "The Scales" (Libra)
•GIR.TAB "The Scorpion" (Scorpius)
PA.BIL.SAG (Sagittarius)
•SUḪUR.MAŠ.KU "The Goat-Fish" (Capricorn)
•GU.LA "The Great One" (Aquarius)
•KUN.MEŠ "The tails" (Pisces)
•LU.ḪUŊ.GA "The Agrarian Worker" (Aries)

Sumerian Gudea Cylinder A (2300 BC) has clear mention of many star groups or signs

Mesopotamian tablets dating about 1800 B.C. record both star names and the observations of planetary movements.

Dating about 1400 B.C. are Chinese oracle bones which list the Chinese star names.

Babylonian and Chaldean tablets dating from 800 - 600 B.C. record the zodiac signs by name.
thanks for posting the above...it helps.

i still notice that AB.SIN "The Seed-Furrow" (Virgo) the virgin is not there

Ancient Astrology: Part 6 – Virgo, the Seed Furrow
Most people familiar with the sign of Virgo recognize the constellation as “the Virgin.” Many of its associations reflect this word’s innocent connotations. Words like “shy,” “modest,” and “quiet,” are often used to describe people who are born under this Sign.

These qualities were applied to the constellation by the Greeks, and subsequently the Romans. However, to the ancient Mesopotamian people, the constellation of Virgo had nothing to do with virginity, nor its supposed attributes.

AB.SIN: the Daughter of Sin

The Babylonian Star Catalogs list the Constellation Virgo as AB.SIN. The word can be understood as having two meanings. The first is ‘seed furrow’ – a direct reference to the constellation’s association with agriculture and fertility.

In ancient times, AB.SIN rose on the eastern horizon in the early autumn – the time of seed-sowing in ancient Mesopotamia. The constellation itself depicted a celestial woman holding a stalk of barley, representative of the harvest to come. The movement of the Sun, Moon, and planets through her region of the sky were used to predict the success and failure of crops.

AB.SIN’s associations with fertility can also be seen in the word’s second translation: the Daughter of Sin.

Sin was the Akkadian God of the Moon, and the father of one of most prominent goddesses in the ancient world, Ishtar. Tales involving the goddess are many, but if any one best illustrates her celestial associations, it is probably the story of Gilgamesh and the Bull of Heaven.

Ishtar was taken by Gilgamesh’s beauty and offered him her hand in marriage. But the god-king refused, citing examples of how her great love so often resulted in a things undoing. Ishtar’s great love of animals resulted in their domestication, or enslavement.

You loved the horse, so trustworthy in battle, but you decreed the whip, goad, and lash for him.​
Humans she loved when struck by her often transformed into animals as well.

You loved the shepherd… but you hit him and turned him into a wolf, his own shepherd boys hunt him down and his dogs tear at his haunches.​
Furious at hearing this, Ishtar demanded her father lend her Gugalanna, the Bull of Heaven, to kill Gilgamesh and destroy his city.

If you do not give me the Bull of Heaven, I shall strike… I shall set my face towards the infernal regions, I shall raise up the dead and they will eat the living, I shall make the dead outnumber the living!​
Eventually, Ishtar’s father submits and gives her the Bull’s reins and set him upon Gilgamesh and his city. The Heavenly Bull was slain, however, and Ishtar called upon her cult of sacred prostitutes to weep over his headless body.

While Ishtar may have been young and beautiful, virginity and maidenly qualities were clearly not among her traits. The same can be said for her Sumerian counterpart, Inanna. Despite her additional associations with knowledge and wisdom, the “Lady of Heaven” was known for inciting violence. In fact, battle was often poetically described as “the Dance of Inanna.”

The Egyptian Isis
In ancient Mesopotamia, the constellation Virgo was represented by the most prominent and powerful goddess in mythology, and the same was true in Egypt.

To the ancient Egyptians, the constellation Virgo was associated with Isis. Her worship spread to both the Greek and Roman empires, and it continues to this day within modern Paganism.

Myths surrounding Isis are many, and far outside the scope of this article. Suffice to say, fertility, sexuality, procreation, and creative power in general were definitely her domain.

As mother of the god Horus, she was patroness of mothers. As wife and resurrection of Osiris, she was also patroness of wives, and held close associations to healing and magic, and wielded both powers of life and death.

Like Inanna, she was also associated with wisdom and knowledge, especially as it related to magic. However, unlike her Mesopotamian counterparts, Isis was rarely beset by rage and emotional instability. Generally speaking, she was an eternal nurturer and healer – the supreme incarnation of love and compassion.

As Christianity grew in popularity, the Virgin Mary replaced Isis as the Mother of God, and her virginal properties were superimposed onto the constellation of Virgo.

Virgo’s Ancient Associations
Considering this, we can safely conclude that the ancient associations of the constellation of Virgo were: animals, authority, beauty, conflict, creation, cunning, death, determination, domestication, emotional sensitivity, fertility, healing, health, the land, life, magic (metaphysical energy), marriage, motherhood, nature, nurturing, preparation, power, rage, resurrection, sex, sexuality, vengeance, violence, and war.

taken from

http://www.michiganpsychicmedium.com/ancient-astrology-virgo-the-seed-furrow/

ishtar-compressed.jpg

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
I find the whole thing fascinating (as I do with the Great pyramid and its potential reference in Isaiah 19:19 and more).

The more I look into things, the more they seem to be a battle between stories and accounts of how things are. There seem to be closely twined ideas emerging from the beginning, like poison ivy attempting to choke out a growing tree.

Which narrative represents the ivy, and which one the tree will one day be abundantly clear, I think, @Kais_1