This Is A Full Societal Breakdown

justjess

Superstar
See you justify it and in your support of all of this I dont see you having any qualms with more buildings being looted and destroyed.
I don’t think they should be harming small local business. Multi national corporations and agents of the government, not going to shed a tear.

Matt-the-Hare

So the point you are making is?
Are you saying that people aren’t justified in being angry that a while police officer knelt on the neck of a black man, suppressing his airway and ultimately killing him?
I’m pretty mad about that. I choose not to go on to the streets and riot about it, but I’m mad, nevertheless.
I’m not saying it’s a good idea to riot but when people are not afforded the dignity and respect they deserve, time and time again, they become angry and frustrated.
But the plight of coloured people is nothing new. The advancement of technology has just brought it all to the forefront. Coupled with a more liberalized media that wants to fuel more of the flame by creating an environment that is fuelled by emotions on these topics which only results in things like the rioting we are seeing.

If anyone truthfully gives a shit about the struggles of coloured people look at the wealth redistribution that is currently taking place in the world. Why the hell does the media not put emphasis on this? Why are they not discussing how much harder wealth creation will become for lower and middle class people? Because their focus is not to look at the root of our issues but to keep us engaged in a dialect of conflict one in which we see the world as them vs us. But they dictate who is the "them" and who is the "us."

We are seeing a huge movement of wealth from the lower classes to the rich. This is a bigger problem. Police brutality is a huge issue, no doubt, but it in itself is only a by product of a class based system. The police exist for the rich. As in the words of Omali Yeshitela, police become necessary in any society only in that juncture of society when there is a split between those that have and those that do not.
I think the author would agree with you. He is looking at the situation from a bird's eye view.

Aero

Superstar
Yeah, the unemployment checks stopping is bound to lead to some sort of escalation. Especially in the current climate. As usual, though, there just isn't enough up to date data to make an accurate assessment.

Like how many people rioting today have jobs or not. And what is their current average income level, or are they getting the pandemic unemployment bonuses. Nobody seems to know, but more importantly, nobody seems to be asking.