This forum seemingly dead, no real conspiracy truthers here

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
Just start with just the Torah ("Pentetuch") and leave apocalypticism and fanaticism aside, don't make any assumptions whether Jews or Christians are correct (when Samaritans could be) just dive into the foundation itself without preconceptions.
One thing that helped me appreciate the Bible was the interconnected nature of it. Minor events and asides that a particular author may not have fully understood when they wrote it are picked up elsewhere as a wider tapestry emerges.

7615227E-0E86-4ECD-8FDB-7A3619FD69E9.jpeg

^ This is about how the bible speaks to itself - or the textual cross-references within it. The bar graph that runs along the bottom represents all of the chapters in the Bible. Books alternate between white and light gray and the length of each bar denotes the number of verses in the chapter. Each of the 63,779 cross references found in the Bible is depicted by a single arc - the color corresponds to the distance between the two chapters, creating a rainbow-like effect.

Photograph: Christoph Römhild and Chris Harrison

Nikōn

Veteran
One thing that helped me appreciate the Bible was the interconnected nature of it. Minor events and asides that a particular author may not have fully understood when they wrote it are picked up elsewhere as a wider tapestry emerges.

View attachment 63996

^ This is about how the bible speaks to itself - or the textual cross-references within it. The bar graph that runs along the bottom represents all of the chapters in the Bible. Books alternate between white and light gray and the length of each bar denotes the number of verses in the chapter. Each of the 63,779 cross references found in the Bible is depicted by a single arc - the color corresponds to the distance between the two chapters, creating a rainbow-like effect.

Yes I don't disagree but my point is start with fundamentals, which happens to be those 5 books and nothing else.

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar

e-Enoch

Superstar

View attachment 63996

Wow! Amazing! After the great flood in Noah's time, God Almighty gave us the rainbow as a symbol of His promise never to destroy the earth and humankind again by flood...Wonderful!

Cintra

Star

View attachment 63996

I read genesis recently.

One thing that struck me was the repetitive patterns.
The second son (or son of the second wife) takes precedence over the eldest.
That happens a lot.

And the whole hunting, herding, farming, city distinctions are very clear within that.

Also Abraham was doing everything that was later forbidden.

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
I read genesis recently.

One thing that struck me was the repetitive patterns.
The second son (or son of the second wife) takes precedence over the eldest.
That happens a lot.

And the whole hunting, herding, farming, city distinctions are very clear within that.

Also Abraham was doing everything that was later forbidden.
The first shall be last? Looking at Stephens speech in Acts, there is a lot of emphasis on “the second time”. The Jews will get it right about Jesus the second time.

Abraham came from a pagan who was called by God to leave his land, yet to think he wouldn’t bring along pagan customs such as multiple wives or lying out of convenience would be rather naive. God meets us where we are at but doesn’t leave us there.

Cintra

Star
The first shall be last? Looking at Stephens speech in Acts, there is a lot of emphasis on “the second time”. The Jews will get it right about Jesus the second time.

Abraham came from a pagan who was called by God to leave his land, yet to think he wouldn’t bring along pagan customs such as multiple wives or lying out of convenience would be rather naive. God meets us where we are at but doesn’t leave us there.
Yeah. I meant more the stuff the jerusalem temple forbade later.
Like making sacrifices on alters in high places, and groves, and all the things they later made laws about.

It is interesting to read the book as a whole, and seeing the ideas develop, knowing how it ended up.

I think I am probably a bit off topic. But your post reminded me of some stuff I had been thinking.

Wigi

Veteran
But for those of us that know that the bible is not worth basing reality on, it’s all just noise.
Well, if there is one thing that the past 18 months made obvious was that what you call reality is mostly what you allow yourself to perceive.
Some believe we're actually facing a deadly pandemic, I've heard some saying it was the worst in History as if nothing existed before their birth.
In a world where relativism is the norm you need a spine and I deeply believe that it comes from those who had foretold the whole endgame.

Of course you can freely believe nothing really important is happening but when you come to the realization that our rulers have now decided to imprison the mind of millions in a constant state of fear to the point you're not allowed to work or buy I say what Jesus foretold and the Bible as a whole make a loud noise to my ear, like a big trumpet.

Vmort

Star
Shadow banned just like they always do when they can't shut down openly.

e-Enoch

Superstar
Well, if there is one thing that the past 18 months made obvious was that what you call reality is mostly what you allow yourself to perceive.
Some believe we're actually facing a deadly pandemic, I've heard some saying it was the worst in History as if nothing existed before their birth.
In a world where relativism is the norm you need a spine and I deeply believe that it comes from those who had foretold the whole endgame.

Of course you can freely believe nothing really important is happening but when you come to the realization that our rulers have now decided to imprison the mind of millions in a constant state of fear to the point you're not allowed to work or buy I say what Jesus foretold and the Bible as a whole make a loud noise to my ear, like a big trumpet.
Revelation 13:16-18
New International Version

16 It also forced all people, great and small,(A) rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on their right hands or on their foreheads,(B) 17 so that they could not buy or sell unless they had the mark,(C) which is the name of the beast or the number of its name.(D)

18 This calls for wisdom.(E) Let the person who has insight calculate the number of the beast, for it is the number of a man.[a](F) That number is 666.

2 Timothy 3
New International Version

3 But mark this: There will be terrible times in the last days.(A) 2 People will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money,(B) boastful, proud,(C) abusive,(D) disobedient to their parents,(E) ungrateful, unholy, 3 without love, unforgiving, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not lovers of the good, 4 treacherous,(F) rash, conceited,(G) lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God— 5 having a form of godliness(H) but denying its power. Have nothing to do with such people.(I)

Lil axe

Veteran
3 But mark this: There will be terrible times in the last days.(A) 2 People will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money,(B) boastful, proud,(C) abusive,(D) disobedient to their parents,(E) ungrateful, unholy, 3 without love, unforgiving, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not lovers of the good, 4 treacherous,(F) rash, conceited,(G) lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God— 5 having a form of godliness(H) but denying its power. Have nothing to do with such people.(I)
this is literally society now

DavidSon

Star
Embarrassing you'd try to peddle this disinformation here at VC. Chuck "Missle-er" is a fake Christian, shill for the elite, and agent of the military industrial complex. Do a search and you'll see he's part of the Council for National Policy (who's members like false prophet Tim LaHae are almost all connected to the CFR, Trilateral, Bohemian Club, etc.), NAVY intelligence, consultant for DARPA, and director of a long list of wicked corporations:

Cypernetics Corporation Founder, President, CEO, Director (Startup: Computer network company, acquired by ADP, NYSE)
Pertec Computer Corporation (NYSE) Director (Computer peripherals)
Applied Devices Corporation (ASE) Director (Conglomerate: data processing support services)
Precision Instrument Co. (OTC) Chairman of the Board and Chief Executive Officer (Advanced laser memory development for the National Security Agency, Department of Defense)
Hadron, Inc. (OTC) Director (Advanced developments, Defense industry)
Western Digital Corporation (ASE, NYSE) Chairman of the Board and Chief Executive Officer (Semiconductors; disk controllers, etc)
Datum Inc (OTC) Director (Computer peripherals; cesium clocks of the Global Positioning Satellite systems, etc.)
Helionetics (ASE) Chairman of the Board and Chief Executive Officer
Ducommun Inc (ASE) Director (Asset reallocations; aerospace metals processing; electronic distribution)
Resdel Industries (OTC) Chairman of the Board and Chief Executive Officer (Advanced developments for Department of Defense and other deeply classified customers; partnered with Boeing on P-3 upgrade; with Northrup on the Stealth Bomber)

Evangelical's shouldn't have to be told how diseased some of their leaders are. In 5 seconds I know Missler has not a single thing in common with the stories of Jesus or any holy man. The sad thing is despite the warnings of these blood-thirty end-times propagandists there's those who still drink their kool-aid, posting "sermons" and other fake prophesies.

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
I think Chuck Missler was great!! Yes, he was a patriotic guy who worked in areas of commerce and defence, but he used the skills and intelligence he had been given.

I have got a lot from his teaching and analysis over the years. I found his interview with Barry Setterfield fascinating.

Journeyman

Established
Embarrassing you'd try to peddle this disinformation here at VC. Chuck "Missle-er" is a fake Christian, shill for the elite, and agent of the military industrial complex. Do a search and you'll see he's part of the Council for National Policy (who's members like false prophet Tim LaHae are almost all connected to the CFR, Trilateral, Bohemian Club, etc.), NAVY intelligence, consultant for DARPA, and director of a long list of wicked corporations:

Cypernetics Corporation Founder, President, CEO, Director (Startup: Computer network company, acquired by ADP, NYSE)
Applied Devices Corporation (ASE) Director (Conglomerate: data processing support services)
Precision Instrument Co. (OTC) Chairman of the Board and Chief Executive Officer (Advanced laser memory development for the National Security Agency, Department of Defense)
Western Digital Corporation (ASE, NYSE) Chairman of the Board and Chief Executive Officer (Semiconductors; disk controllers, etc)
Datum Inc (OTC) Director (Computer peripherals; cesium clocks of the Global Positioning Satellite systems, etc.)
Ducommun Inc (ASE) Director (Asset reallocations; aerospace metals processing; electronic distribution)
Resdel Industries (OTC) Chairman of the Board and Chief Executive Officer (Advanced developments for Department of Defense and other deeply classified customers; partnered with Boeing on P-3 upgrade; with Northrup on the Stealth Bomber)

Evangelical's shouldn't have to be told how diseased some of their leaders are. In 5 seconds I know Missler has not a single thing in common with the stories of Jesus or any holy man. The sad thing is despite the warnings of these blood-thirty end-times propagandists there's those who still drink their kool-aid, posting "sermons" and other fake prophesies.

That sounds like guilt by association? I don't know much about Chuck Missler aside from he was recommended to me by someone who I do trust. I've watched some of his videos and I don't get any kind of negative vibe whatsoever, he appears to be perfectly genuine in what he's saying. Is there any direct evidence of him engaging in deception, corruption or the like?

I realise any of us can and will at times be deceived, but I can't condemn someone simply because he broke bread with some unsavoury types. If that were so then the easiest way for our controllers to undermine genuine voices of truth would be to invite them to sit on some committee or other with the carrot of making some meaningful contribution to their nation's life and then sit back and let people point the finger due to the other members of the organisation?

e-Enoch

Superstar
I think Chuck Missler was great!! Yes, he was a patriotic guy who worked in areas of commerce and defence, but he used the skills and intelligence he had been given.

I have got a lot from his teaching and analysis over the years. I found his interview with Barry Setterfield fascinating.

Thank you for sharing this video of this great interview.

I have also learned a lot from Dr. Chuck Missler. His teachings made me understand and appreciate better the Word of God, The Bible.

Blessings!

It's been pointed out countless times on here but people continue to believe that Chuck's one of the "good ones" disguising himself as a Christian.

Meh, whatever...