Thinking about leaving Christianity

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
i agree. the old testament is a mess. a bit from the new is a lil' ehh controlling
I think our journey takes a turn when we stop asking if God is good enough for us and consider the implications of whether we are good enough for God. I think this is the experience Isaiah had, reported in chapter 6.

Until we make our own appointment with the reality of the Living God, (not the god of religion, imagination or philosophical sophistry) I don’t think our journey has really begun.

JoChris

Superstar
okay, but this is VERY f!cked up :(

thank you for sharing this with me. but as someone who is on the verge of whether I should pray to God still or not. It's funny because I had moments where I would ask myself, "Maybe God has split personality disorder. Maybe God is the Devil. Maybe God is good in some occasions and maybe he is bad"

OOOH, MY F!CKING HEAD. I don't know what to believe, see and do anymore.

F!ck religion. It was Satan's greatest work, including conservative christianity.
All of us Christians have all been through bible passages that are very confusing, confronting and at first look horrible from the human perspective.
Have you thought about looking up Bible websites which explain WHY God chose to do some horrible things to certain people/ groups at all?
I am more a listening person. Sermonaudio.com has sermons on all Bible verses and topics.

TokiEl

Superstar
All of us Christians have all been through bible passages that are very confusing, confronting and at first look horrible from the human perspective.
Have you thought about looking up Bible websites which explain WHY God chose to do some horrible things to certain people/ groups at all?
I am more a listening person. Sermonaudio.com has sermons on all Bible verses and topics.
God commanded the israelites to kill everybody and burn everything in Canaan... but the tribes there were giants and so not exactly human.

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
God commanded the israelites to kill everybody and burn everything in Canaan... but the tribes there were giants and so not exactly human.
It’s an interesting study… the “sethite” view of Genesis 6 came about through Julius Africanus …

Without this understanding, God can be portrayed as capricious and cruel, with an understanding of the significance of the Nephilim, things make a lot more sense.

because this is the same God who let Lot's daughters become r!ped by a bunch of men.
Ok, i cant let this one go... NOWHERE in the Bible does it say Lot's daughters were r*ped by a bunch of men.

Lot's daughters got their father drunk and had sex with him to make children. They (the daughters) did it to him. And nowhere did it say God COMMANDED this, or that it was right.

As for God allowing it, if God did not allow things there would be no room for free will, and tnat would essentially make us automatons or robots. But something being allowed to happen is not the same thing as ordering it tp happen.

Ok, i cant let this one go... NOWHERE in the Bible does it say Lot's daughters were r*ped by a bunch of men.

Lot's daughters got their father drunk and had sex with him to make children. They (the daughters) did it to him. And nowhere did it say God COMMANDED this, or that it was right.

As for God allowing it, if God did not allow things there would be no room for free will, and tnat would essentially make us automatons or robots. But something being allowed to happen is not the same thing as ordering it tp happen.
As for God allowing it, if God did not allow things there would be no room for free will, and tnat would essentially make us automatons or robots.

So for your logic, he'd just enable it so it can satisfy their will? Whether they are evil or not?

Theology hurts my head.

So for your logic, he'd just enable it so it can satisfy their will? Whether they are evil or not?
Are you saying you would prefer to have everyone's every action (and possibly even every though) controlled so that only "good" actions are "allowed"? That seems like what the elites are aiming for with transhumanism and brain implants, does it not?

The irony is that people will refer to God as a "tyrant" or "control freak" because we have the free will choice to obey Him, yet being literally forced into being "good" is somehow not tyranical and controlling...

Is the Christian response to sin fire and brimstone upon the sinner? Or is it guidance toward repentance and atonement?

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
“Is it true?” and “do I like it?”

These are two entirely different questions, with different kinds of answers. The “do I like it” question tells us as much about the condition of our own hearts as it does about God. I remember rebelling against the faith I was brought up in at 18. I had no doubt that it was true (I had studied the evidence for the Biblical accounts and seen the power of God in answered prayers, healing of family members etc) but did I like it? Did I want to have anyone “telling me what to do”? NO!!!

I stopped going to church and sneered and poked fun at Christians for being out of fashion geeky busybodies who hated having fun! Actually I was just using a deliberate selection of some of the Christians I know to justify my new “prodigal son” lifestyle. Looking back I can’t believe how proud and judgemental I was. The last think I wanted to address was the deeper reality - is it true?

Edit: I was thinking about how modern “meme culture” is an very similar to the mood I held for a time -

FD274520-9BCF-4193-9339-47122BD2FBB0.jpeg

I.e. cheap, distorting ad hominem attacks…

I think C.S. Lewis understood this tendency pretty well and had rebellious Edmund draw glasses on a stone lion on his way to the Queen’s dungeon…

F2801D2C-0C79-4C43-B01A-AEEC29FBE70E.jpeg

Anyway, how the prodigal came home is another story but I have encountered mountains of evidence over the years to bring to bear on the “is it true” question and would now stake my life on an affirmative answer. Some answers are easier to understand if you have some knowledge of the Bible - I am presently listening to the “Learn the Bible in 24 hours” series by Chuck Missler which is just incredible.

What if you don’t want to read the Bible though? If you prefer evidence of a more “scientific” kind, the recent forensic work done on the Shroud of Turin seems to leave very little doubt that it is a unique artefact dating from the 1st Century near-east region, bearing the inexplicable imprint of a body which appears to have been crucified and quickly covered. If this is indeed the burial cloth of Jesus, it would seem it bears the imprint of the resurrection. What a person does with that information might depend on the second question “do I like it”? and that comes down to the heart.

Last edited:
idk man.

because this is the same God who let Lot's daughters become r!ped by a bunch of men.
this is the same God who impregnated the Virgin Mary whom conceived baby Jesus.

This is the SAME God who murdered millions of first borns simply because the Pharaoh refused to let the israelites or jewish people (ahh idfk man i forgot) go.

I mean gatekeeping the people of Egypt's welfare and murdering millions of first born simply because the Pharaoh hardened his heart is crazy especially when there was one verse where they command their masters to dominate and control their slaves or whatever.

i question how God was portrayed in the bible, as if this is a false portrayal. how can i seek the word of God if this is the God (being portrayed) there that enabled f!cked up laws?
Hi

Primarily, I wish to get this out of the way - I do not advocate any religion as they are run by "religion traders" in current days. Religion(s), post the mortality/expiry of respective religion initiator, has been nothing but theory. A mere tool at the disposal of malevolent EL-ites, to be used for en-masse sheople control. [But this doesn't automatically mean I advocate abolishing all religions either. It is much more complicated than it seems at the surface.. more on this later!]

Instead, I would hope to be able to spark intrigue on that experience, that religion initiator(s) had, when they were alive in this space-time plane on this planet. Especially post they, in the depths of their personal convictions to themselves, individually, decided to walk that extra mile in their transient human life (exactly akin to this transient human life we all get/got, individually).

Why experience/practical/feeling is more important than meager text/script/language/speech?
Because no body can absolutely pin down THAT entity (using meager text/language/script) which was here even when the text/script/language wasn't made.

To go on a step further, TheSourceOfTheUniverse is by very nature beyond all man made 'text/speech/script' , beyond the comprehensive ability of human brain/mind infact. To give an example, the taste of something sweet can not be put down in text/words (think about it for a second). i.e. experience/feeling cannot be put down in words. Even if anybody tried to , they will be hovering around in description (i.e. sweet is like this , like that.. yada yada) but cannot aptly pin-down sweetness using 'text'. Now assume some other person perusing this text , would only be able relate with that description of 'sweetness' provided they have tasted the sweet beforehand already. If they haven't tasted 'sweet' beforehand already, none of the perusal of 'sweetness' description will make any difference (until , again, they litreally 'taste' i.e. experience/feel the sweet!)

Thee genuine SourceOfTheUniverse is a silent observer at Planck's Scale (in a alive Human Being that would be his/her alive/beating Heart). By being a silent observer, yet present nonetheless, TheSource has bestowed free will to all individuals / human beings.
Indeed, we are going metaphysical! If not, then the dream of life/existence and materialism will only be coined as the supposed 'truth'. Whereas the dream shatters with inevitable death, and most certainly this is a verifiable FACT i.e. Truth! Ergo, Transient LIFE eventually proves to be a real 'dream' nevertheless.

[Because of FreeWill, the repugnant rampant mysoginy and other planetary satanic rituals/abominations take place. Albeit it doesn't automatically/necessarily equate to be TheCreator's design or desire.
TheSource/TheCreator is the reason for all action (good and evil) on space-time plane but TheSource/TheCreator isn't the doer (of good and evil)!]

Thus, a living human being (whether male or female) ought to absolutely purge the definition/characteristics of TheCreator as an old male/man , with a long beard , wearing white robe , living somewhere up in clouds!

Last edited:
I still believe in God. I have been questioning and questioning. Thinking about whether God loves humans, support gender equality and whether the Bible really is a holy, just, right and moral book. But it seemingly appears to be flawed, sexist and down bad wrong.

I still believe in the existence of God and the supernatural though.

What should I do?
Imo
TheSource doesn't loves alive beings in the form we humans are designed to be thinking "love" is.

TheSource loves in the form that it stays inside beating heart and the staying itself provides the opportunity to act/feel/live this transient space-time continuum existence/Life.

If TheSource was to be out (of a human body), suddenly, today, then that alive being simply ceases to live , stops breathing , i.e. it dies, i.e. No more love from TheSource, times up. Because the body is inherently mortal, but is only transiently kept alive at the mercy of TheSource (albeit merely temporarily for approx. 90~100years).

There, the metaphysical/supernatural is self evident! The marvel of such unprecedented design and engineering i.e. from a mere sperm and egg to such a sophisticated living , seeing , hearing , speaking , breathing , moving entity (i.e. human body) is evident testimony of TheOmniPresentPotentScient!

Religions/texts are merely theory, will remain to be theory. A human being ought to decide whether they're feeling satisfied with the theory or they are willing to walk that extra mile and search for answers. The answers that are delivered in the form of an experience/feeling. That unequivocal experience/feeling that forced the religion initiator(s) to grab a pen and try and jot down that experience in text! Albeit post the religion initiator expired from this space-time plane, all that 'text' ends up in the hands of malevolent powers.

Thus imho, an alive human being should seek for the experience/feeling of TheSource that already dwells within.
'How to?' is available.
Albeit without genuine self conviction , the 'how to?' is useless.

Last edited: