Thinking about leaving Christianity

People have been WRONGLY taught through organized religion, particularly in "Christianity", that Father (God) gave us The Law to oppress us, and supposedly that no one can keep The Law, which is ridiculous. Only someone who believes God is an idiot could possibly believe that God gave us a set of rules that no one can keep. Nothing could be further from the truth.
No, i dont think God gave us the law to oppress us. It was a schoolmaster until Christ came.

We could say it was so we could see that to God "our righteousnesses are as filthy rags" (Isaiah 64:6).

Galatians 3
10 For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse: for it is written, Cursed is every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them. 11But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident: for, The just shall live by faith. 12And the law is not of faith: but, The man that doeth them shall live in them. 13 Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree: 14 That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith

19Wherefore then serveth the law? It was added because of transgressions, till the seed should come to whom the promise was made; and it was ordained by angels in the hand of a mediator. 20Now a mediator is not a mediator of one, but God is one. 21Is the law then against the promises of God? God forbid: for if there had been a law given which could have given life, verily righteousness should have been by the law. 22But the scripture hath concluded all under sin, that the promise by faith of Jesus Christ might be given to them that believe.

23But before faith came, we were kept under the law, shut up unto the faith which should afterwards be revealed. 24Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith. 25But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster.

they look at Acts 15 and try to claim that the "Jerusalem Council", led by Jesus' half-brother James, allegedly did away with the requirement for Gentiles to keep The Law.

Have these same people read James' letter? James very clearly restates what it says in The Law about being blessed for keeping it.
A couple things.
-If James's letter was written before the council of Acts 15, then they would not have agreed on the "requirements" for non-Jewish believers yet.

-It is not unanimously agreed that James's epistle was written by Jesus's brother, who was not an apostle. Some believe it was written by the apostle James Zebedee, John's brother, who had already been martyred by the time the council took place (Acts 12:2).

People that do not know Father mistakenly believe He's some sort of galactic tyrant that cannot wait to punish His Children, which is very, very sad and most certainly not true. It's the exact opposite, i.e. Father is looking for any and every reason to give us a stay of execution, even though all of us deserve to be executed for our continued sinful/criminal behavior.
No, i dont believe that God is a tyrant at all. I believe He loves us and does not want to punish us, however, just as he is perfect love he is perfect justice. We are guilty, and must be punished. HOWEVER, Christ took our punishment on our behalf, he paid for our sins.

Romans 5
8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were sinners, Christ died for us. 9 Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him. 10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life. 11 And not only so, but we also joy in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom we have now received the atonement.

We all need to be striving for perfection, exactly as Jesus said (Matt. 5:48) and, in so doing, Father will continually bless us with more and more wisdom, to show us how we can continually improve, so that we can become like The Example we find in Jesus, Who overcame all selfishness, sin and death.
I agree. But rather than it being for our salvation it is for our testimony. Even throughout this thread we can see the effects of what a poor Christian testimony has on others.

A Freeman

Superstar
No, i dont think God gave us the law to oppress us. It was a schoolmaster until Christ came.
Agreed. Why then do people believe there is some other way they will be brought to Christ?

How can The Law be their schoolmaster (i.e. their teacher), and thus bring them to Christ, if people don't read it, study it and put it into practice by keeping it? Even in worldly terms no one would expect to be able to completely ignore the lesson and somehow pass the exam with no knowledge of the subject material.

We could say it was so we could see that to God "our righteousnesses are as filthy rags" (Isaiah 64:6).
Which is why our mistaken personal beliefs of what is righteous NEED to change, so that they are inline and in perfect agreement with what God KNOWS is righteous. And what does God KNOW is righteous? His Law, containing His Righteous Statutes, Righteous Judgments and Righteous Commandments, given to us to protect us and to set and keep us free from sin/evil.

Galatians 3
Thank-you.

https://vigilantcitizenforums.com/threads/the-galatian-citation.7069/

A couple things.
-If James's letter was written before the council of Acts 15, then they would not have agreed on the "requirements" for non-Jewish believers yet.

-It is not unanimously agreed that James's epistle was written by Jesus's brother, who was not an apostle. Some believe it was written by the apostle James Zebedee, John's brother, who had already been martyred by the time the council took place (Acts 12:2).
Do any of these suppositions somehow circumvent or supersede Christ's own words? He literally told us not even to think that He came to destroy The Law or the Prophets (which all taught that we should return to keeping Father's Law for our own benefit, to avoid the penalty clause for not keeping The Law, aka "the curse of The Law") and that The Law would NEVER go away. Why then do so many look for any and every excuse they can to refuse to keep The Law?

James and Paul both said they kept The Law and that everyone else should do the same. Have you not considered that "popular opinion" about what the Jerusalem council had the authority to say or do, or what they actually said or did is wrong?

How can anyone really believe we will be rewarded on the Last Day for being unrepentant criminals?

No, i dont believe that God is a tyrant at all. I believe He loves us and does not want to punish us, however, just as he is perfect love he is perfect justice. We are guilty, and must be punished. HOWEVER, Christ took our punishment on our behalf, he paid for our sins.
Christ paid the penalty for our PAST sins; He did NOT come and suffer the agony of the cross to give us the freedom to sin with impunity, as "Christianity" wrongly teaches.

Romans 3:23-25
3:23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;
3:24 Being justified freely by His grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:
3:25 Whom God hath fore-ordained [to be] an atonement through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins THAT ARE PAST, through the forbearance of God;

Christ came to FREE us from our bondage to sin, and the ONLY Way for that to happen is for us to accept His Sacrifice by keeping The Law. Sin is breaking The Law, so as long as we continue to break The Law we are STILL in bondage to sin.

King of kings' Bible -- John 8:25 (John 8:34 KJV) Jesus answered them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whosoever committeth sin is the prisoner of sin.

1 John 3:4-10
3:4 Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also The Law: for sin is the transgression of The Law.
3:5 And ye know that he was manifested to take away our (past) sins; and in him is no sin.
3:6 Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him.
3:7 Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he (Christ) is righteous.
3:8 He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the Beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.
3:9 Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for His seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.
3:10 In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever DOETH NOT righteousness is NOT of God, neither he that loveth not his brother.

Thank-you. The atonement paid for with the blood of Jesus was for our PAST sins.

Romans 5:8 But God commendeth His love toward us, in that, WHILE WE WERE YET SINNERS, Christ died for us.

The Law cannot be our schoolmaster unless we keep it. And unless we keep The Law, we cannot stop sinning, nor can it bring us to Christ.

I agree. But rather than it being for our salvation it is for our testimony. Even throughout this thread we can see the effects of what a poor Christian testimony has on others.
Our actions ARE our testimony and our testimony IS our salvation IF it is following Christ's Example. Did Christ not overcome sin? Should we not be doing the same?

If someone refuses to change their sinful, evil ways, and become like Christ, are they truly grateful and accepting of Christ's payment for our past sins?

Oh so you want to be obedient and submissive to men then since you've been indoctrinated by some anti-women cult. Wow. That's just sad lol.
I'm obedient and submissive to God. There is no need for me to be obedient and submissive to "men" plural lol, but i do submit to my husband who is a God-fearing man who treats me with love and respect.

Your man hating attitude is what is sad.

Christ paid the penalty for our PAST sins
The atonement paid for with the blood of Jesus was for our PAST sins.
Quick clarification question: when you say Christ paid the penalty for past sins, do you mean past relative to when he came, OR past relative to when each individual believed in him?

Rephrasing that, are you saying Christ paid for the sins each individual committed up until the moment they accepted him, just that from that point on they are to follow the Law?
Did Christ not overcome sin?
Christ, as the only begotten Son of God, who was not brought forth in sin as the rest of us, has a sinless nature. We do not.

A Freeman

Superstar
Quick clarification question: when you say Christ paid the penalty for past sins, do you mean past relative to when he came, OR past relative to when each individual believed in him?
The latter, although we need to believe Him (Christ), not just "in" Him (in His existence).

Lucifer/Satan believes in Christ, i.e. Satan (the Opposer) knows Christ exists, and actively works against Christ and against Father (God).

What we need to do is believe exactly what Christ says and teaches, which is very different than what organized religions teach (including Christianity).

Rephrasing that, are you saying Christ paid for the sins each individual committed up until the moment they accepted him, just that from that point on they are to follow the Law?
Yes. However, one cannot honestly claim to have accepted Christ while actively working against Him (i.e. while disobediently ignoring His Teachings and Life Example).

Regardless of whether people believe it or not, with the exception of Enoch, we have all been here numerous times, in different human bodies over the past 6000 years, as part of the gracious rehabilitation program for those genuinely interested in learning how to be good. Reincarnation is an irrefutable fact taught throughout Scriptures.

Christ told His Disciples that some of them standing there (with Him when He was here in the body of Jesus 2000 years ago) would not taste death until they see Him (Christ) again NOW, during these end times. Christ very obviously didn't mean that some of the Disciples would remain in those same human bodies for the next 2000 years, only to experience physical death upon seeing Christ again. What would be the point?

It should be self-evident that Christ was speaking about the death of the ego/"self", i.e. one's self/selfish will. The "self" MUST be crucified daily as a prerequisite to doing God's Will (please see Matt. 10:38, Mark 8:34, Luke 9:23, Luke 14:26-27, and Gal. 2:20 for confirmation of this fact). Nobody can physically be crucified on a daily basis nor experience physical death every day, so the referenced verses are plainly speaking of the "self" (as is Hebrews 9:27, which would be untrue if it were referring to physical death).

Matthew 16:27-28
16:27 For the Son of Man shall come in the glory of his Father with his angels; and then he shall reward every man according to his WORKS.
16:28 Verily I say unto you, There be some standing here, which shall not taste death (of the "Self"), till they see the Son of Man coming in his Kingdom.

Being truly "born again from above", as one's true, spiritual self, is the beginning of the death to the "self", i.e. the mortification/crucifixion of the flesh (human). The Law of God is foreign to humans, which is why no human understands The Law nor can keep it. But every Soul (spirit-Being) can and MUST learn to keep The Law, which requires being in control of the human at all times ("self" control).

The SOUL that sinneth shall SURELY die, because the wages of sin are death (see Ezek. 18:4, 20 and Rom. 6:23). That is the rightful penalty for sinning/breaking God's Law, as it says in The Law (see Deut. 28:15-68)

There is no such thing as a "born again Christian" because anyone who is genuinely born again has the spiritual eyesight to see that the organized religion that deceitfully calls itself "Christianity" teaches the exact opposite of what Christ teaches. And when one is truly born again, they can see the true purpose and spiritual joy in doing Father's Will instead of their own selfish will at all times, which begins by realizing that we are not human. How else could anyone truly give up all of their worldly, materialistic desires while still believing they are the human they are living inside of temporarily (Matt. 6:24)?

John 5:30 I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the Will of the Father which hath sent me.

With this background information in mind, when someone truly awakens, they will invariably strive to keep The Law that Father gave us, realizing that Father gave it to us for our own benefit, to protect us from evil and to free us from bondage to sin. As sin is defined as the breaking/transgression of The Law, how else could we be freed from bondage to sin other than to keep The Law? And how can anyone believe that keeping The Law isn't possible when Christ said WITH Father ALL things are possible (Matt. 19:26)?

"Thy Kingdom come. Thy Will be done in earth, as [it is] in heaven." (Matt. 6:10).

How can "Christianity" so misread such clear statements? Does anyone actually believe that breaking God's Law can somehow be doing God's Will?

Christ, as the only begotten Son of God, who was not brought forth in sin as the rest of us, has a sinless nature. We do not.
Even Christ, while He was incarnated inside of Jesus, had a learning period, so that He could learn to overcome the sinful flesh and become the Perfect Example for all of us. But that truthful information is ignored by most as well, so they can continue believing the lie that we are "only human after all" and that God supposedly gave us a law that no one can keep, which is ridiculous.

This is what Christ actually said:

Matthew 19:16-17
19:16 And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have Eternal Life?
19:17 And he said unto him, Why callest thou ME good? [there is] none good but One, [that is], God: but if thou wilt enter into Life, keep the Commandments.

Why did Christ fast Jesus for 40 days and 40 nights if not to overcome the sinful flesh (and show us how to do it)?

This is what is said about Christ learning obedience:

Hebrews 5:7-9
5:7 Who in the days of his flesh (when Christ was here in the body of Jesus), when he (Christ) had offered up prayers and supplications with strong crying and tears unto Him (Father) that was able to save him from death, and was heard in that he feared;
5:8 Though he were a Son, yet learned he obedience by the things which he suffered;
5:9 And being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him;

Each of us can and must learn obedience too, just as Christ did. There is no other way to truly accept Christ than through obedience.

You will never be able to say that The Lord Jesus Christ never went after you like the one sheep that goes astray. There are many here who wont be able to say that God never called them and extended his invitation to love, grace, mercy, and communion.
ive said this many times before

Psalm 110, 'THE LORD/ADONAI says to my lord/adoni'

Jesus is not THE LORD..and yet you cling to this as polythiests because in truth you guys worship your ego. I think it's because muslims have been your antagonists, telling you where you've gone wrong and you guys have gone deeper into polythiestic mentality.

how on earth are you going to invite anyone?
also about this 'sheep that goes astray' thing, Jesus essentially said that God cares for the lost sheep dearly. However the lost sheep he was talking about were jewish people who were lacking in guidance and on their own, disillusioned with the mob who'd hijacked the temple.
He wasnt on about random disbelievers.

What is even worse is that today the same mob is ruling the face of judaism. The whore of babylon occult jewish elite (eg the rothschild's who own israel) and yet you lot are not dissillusioned at all but are instead worshipping the whore.

Jeremiah 2&3 proves that the whore reference was always about the jewish nation but more specifically the elite who had gone into spiritual adultery. We further learn that this group will be taken to babylon and will 'set its house there' ie they will become like the chaldeans. We learn in Zech 5 as we do in Habakkuk 2, that this spiritual adultery comes in the form of the worship of power and wealth.
We learn it's about usury. hence 'the curse' on the both the 'one who swears falsely' and 'the theif' ie the debor who can't pay back the loan and the money lender.We see this theme in habakkuk 2 aswell.
we see the rabbis lending money in the temple itself and Jesus calls them as adulterous nation.

in otherwords an actual 'lost sheep' here is a person from the judeo-christian world who is woke, who sees this bullshit for what it is and is kind of lost and alone, not part of any church or temple.

let me also repeat some things...
-the prophecies and messianic zion ideals, speak of a future land with no borders or walls or weapons and a 'peaceful and UNSUSPECTING PEOPLE'
and yet, here we have a bunch who built a partition wall, are constantly seeking to expand their border. Revel in their military technology and have MOSSAD. So how the fucking fuck of fucks are they messianic? it's the complete opposite which makes it satanic.
'figuratively known as sodom and egypt', makes sense, gay parade and masonic rituals and symbolism all over jerusalem now.

also, these current jews in israel are from the camp who left jerusalem, which according to Zechariah 12 are NOT the remnant.

the remnant are the camp who remained.
This lot are the camp who waddled off into europe and merged with the blood of Gomer, essentially the Ashkenazi jews are Gog and Magog mixed in and since they are not the remnant of Zech 13, they are clearly 'cut off'.
So it makes sense why this lot are the 'synagogue of satan' Revelation referred to.

Furthermore if that wasn't enough, the true remnant of jews always remained in the holy land as per Zech 13. They were never cut off or forced to leave, but remained. They were likely jews in blood who had adopted christianity, when christianity was on truth.
They gradually merged into a PALESTINIAN identity and are mixed in with arab blood...which now takes us into Revelation 11 and 12 themes.
It was islam that ruled the holy land for 1260 'days' ie lunar years since days=years in prophecy. The gentile period, where the gentiles are the ishmaelites and thus fulfilling the promise given to Ishmael.
The woman and her offspring ie the true jewish nation sought shelter in 'the wilderness for 1260 years' 'away from the serpents reach'.
when that period ended (with the creation of israel in 1948), they have done nothing but massacre CHILDREN of palestine.
in otherwords, it is the remnant, the children being killed.

the scripture condemns you more than anything and you cant even quote it right.

DavidSon

Star
ive said this many times before

Psalm 110, 'THE LORD/ADONAI says to my lord/adoni'

Jesus is not THE LORD..and yet you cling to this as polythiests because in truth you guys worship your ego. I think it's because muslims have been your antagonists, telling you where you've gone wrong and you guys have gone deeper into polythiestic mentality.

how on earth are you going to invite anyone?
also about this 'sheep that goes astray' thing, Jesus essentially said that God cares for the lost sheep dearly. However the lost sheep he was talking about were jewish people who were lacking in guidance and on their own, disillusioned with the mob who'd hijacked the temple.
He wasnt on about random disbelievers.

What is even worse is that today the same mob is ruling the face of judaism. The whore of babylon occult jewish elite (eg the rothschild's who own israel) and yet you lot are not dissillusioned at all but are instead worshipping the whore.

Jeremiah 2&3 proves that the whore reference was always about the jewish nation but more specifically the elite who had gone into spiritual adultery. We further learn that this group will be taken to babylon and will 'set its house there' ie they will become like the chaldeans. We learn in Zech 5 as we do in Habakkuk 2, that this spiritual adultery comes in the form of the worship of power and wealth.
We learn it's about usury. hence 'the curse' on the both the 'one who swears falsely' and 'the theif' ie the debor who can't pay back the loan and the money lender.We see this theme in habakkuk 2 aswell.
we see the rabbis lending money in the temple itself and Jesus calls them as adulterous nation.

in otherwords an actual 'lost sheep' here is a person from the judeo-christian world who is woke, who sees this bullshit for what it is and is kind of lost and alone, not part of any church or temple.

let me also repeat some things...
-the prophecies and messianic zion ideals, speak of a future land with no borders or walls or weapons and a 'peaceful and UNSUSPECTING PEOPLE'
and yet, here we have a bunch who built a partition wall, are constantly seeking to expand their border. Revel in their military technology and have MOSSAD. So how the fucking fuck of fucks are they messianic? it's the complete opposite which makes it satanic.
'figuratively known as sodom and egypt', makes sense, gay parade and masonic rituals and symbolism all over jerusalem now.

also, these current jews in israel are from the camp who left jerusalem, which according to Zechariah 12 are NOT the remnant.

the remnant are the camp who remained.
This lot are the camp who waddled off into europe and merged with the blood of Gomer, essentially the Ashkenazi jews are Gog and Magog mixed in and since they are not the remnant of Zech 13, they are clearly 'cut off'.
So it makes sense why this lot are the 'synagogue of satan' Revelation referred to.

Furthermore if that wasn't enough, the true remnant of jews always remained in the holy land as per Zech 13. They were never cut off or forced to leave, but remained. They were likely jews in blood who had adopted christianity, when christianity was on truth.
They gradually merged into a PALESTINIAN identity and are mixed in with arab blood...which now takes us into Revelation 11 and 12 themes.
It was islam that ruled the holy land for 1260 'days' ie lunar years since days=years in prophecy. The gentile period, where the gentiles are the ishmaelites and thus fulfilling the promise given to Ishmael.
The woman and her offspring ie the true jewish nation sought shelter in 'the wilderness for 1260 years' 'away from the serpents reach'.
when that period ended (with the creation of israel in 1948), they have done nothing but massacre CHILDREN of palestine.
in otherwords, it is the remnant, the children being killed.

the scripture condemns you more than anything and you cant even quote it right.
Thanks AS. It's refreshing to read someone speaking the truth, as real and raw as it may be! :D

Looking at a paper on the recorded history of Judaism there is a section that confirms everything you're explaining about the original inhabitants of Palestine. The broader chapter is on Jewish kingdoms and the "myth of exile", about how Jewish tribes by the 1st century BC numbered in the millions across a large region including Egypt, Greece, Asia Minor, North Africa, Babylonia, Persia, etc. The legend of a grand deportation of defeated fighters in 70.AD is a Christian/Zionist myth. Anyways check what their own historians are quoted as acknowledging (I bolded their quotes):

If no Jews remained in Palestine, but they were not expelled by the Romans, where did they go? Some Zionist historians moved the expulsion to the time of the Muslim conquests, so Jews remained in Palestine for another 600 years after the Jewish War. In fact many Jews converted to Christianity in the first few centuries of the era, and the main cities, especially Jerusalem, had large Christian communities. Even in 614 AD there were still enough Jews in Palestine to support a serious uprising led by Benjamin of Tiberius against their Byzantine rulers. Having suffered repression and persecution at the hands of the Byzantines, Palestinian Jews welcomed Muslims as saviors, assisting the Arab conquerors. That is what happened to the Palestinian Jews- they converted to Islam.

The evidence of conversion is the gradual disappearance of synagogues, though there is little evidence to suggest the country was depopulating, and more that the Arabs settled in place of the native population. The people of the land remained the same. They simply changed religion. Over the years, assuredly there has been some admixture of other races but the "am ha eretz" of Palestine remained mainly unchanged from Roman times to the present.

The land was abandoned by the upper strata, the scholars, the Torah men to whom religion came before country. Perhaps too, so did many of the mobile urban people. But the tillers of the soil remained attached to the land. - Israel Belkind

The local population in Palestine is racially more closely related to the Jews to any other people, even among Semitic ones. It is quite possible that the fellahin in Palestine are direct descendants of of the Jewish and Canaanite population.- Bar Berocher

The fellahin are not descendants of the Arabs who captured Eretz Israel and Syria in the 7th century CE. The Arab victors did not destroy the agricultural population they found in the country. They expelled only the Byzantine rulers and did not touch the local population. Nor did Arabs go in for settlement. Even in their former habitations, the Arabians did not engage in farming.- Yitzak Ben-Zvi

@lightseeker

Under this logic, we should ignore the whole Bible since most of Christendom misunderstands it including the Gospels. Jesus quoted the Old Testament when He was in this world and did not misunderstand it. For example when He was tempted in the wilderness by Satan, Jesus quoted the Bible which at the time was the Old Testament only because the New Testament did not exist yet.

The Pharisees and Sadducees misunderstanding the Old Testament does not nullify it. Jesus told them what was wrong with their beliefs. Their religion was external, "Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you are like whitewashed tombs which indeed appear beautiful outwardly, but inside are full of dead men’s bones and all uncleanness" (Matthew 23:27). They had the truth but they never fully submitted to God so their hearts were not changed. That is why they misunderstood the Old Testament. The Word of God with all its truth is of no use to anyone who acts like the Pharisees. However the Old Testament is just as important as the New Testament when understood as God intended we do. We need both Testaments. We can't have one without the other.

The Old Testament tells us how we came to be in this world, how sin came in this world, we are shown how God deals with people through His dealings with Israel, it shows us how God planned to save us through the sanctuary ceremonies, it prophecies Jesus' first and second advents to this world, it has end time prophecy especially in the book of Daniel etc. In order to understand parts of the new Testament we need to have knowledge of the Old Testament.

This is wrong advice and steering someone away from the entire truth of God. The entire Bible is holy not just the New Testament. And its important that anyone who searches and studies the Bible earnestly will automatically focus on Jesus since He is the theme of the whole Bible. That is why John 1:1–3, 14 says, "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God. All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made. And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth."

2 Timothy 3:16-17
says, "All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work." All Scripture, not just part of it is “God-breathed.” The Bible does not merely contain the words of God—it is the Word of God. The Bible is the information and operations manual for human life.

Also numerous passages in the Gospels assert their truthfulness and authority on the same level as the Old Testament Scriptures (e.g., John 1:1-3 paralleling Genesis 1:1; Matthew 1 paralleling Genesis 5; Matthew 23:34).
“Get behind me, Satan! For you are not setting your mind on the things of God, but on the things of man.”

A Freeman

Superstar
Revelation 14:1-3
14:1 And I looked, and, lo, a Lamb stood on the Mount Sion, and with him an hundred forty [and] four thousand, having his Father's name written in their foreheads.
14:2 And I heard a voice from heaven, as the voice of many "waters", and as the voice of a great thunder: and I heard the voice of harpers harping with their harps:
14:3 And they sung as it were a New Song (Isaiah 42:10) before the Throne, and before the four beasts, and the elders: and no man could learn that "Song" except the hundred [and] forty [and] four thousand, which were redeemed from the Earth.

Revelation 15:3 And they sing the "Song of Moses" (Old Covenant - Deut. 31) the servant of God, AND the "Song of the Lamb" (New Covenant), saying, Great and marvellous [are] Thy works, Lord God Almighty; just and true [are] Thy Ways, Thou King of the holy people.

The "New Song" is the Song of Moses AND the Song of the Lamb, which are in perfect harmony if properly understood. Sadly very few (only 144,000) will learn that "Song".

I still believe in God. I have been questioning and questioning.
That is the right spirit. Do not stop.

Jesus said, “Those who seek should not stop seeking until they find. When they find, they will be disturbed. When they are disturbed, they will marvel, and will reign over all. And after they have reigned they will rest.” - GoT, logion 2

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
I think we must have an objective view, still believe in God just read the entire Bible, research and make your final conclusions. Don't walk away yet! ^^
I think too often people are keen to push their personality and religious style on others. Some people don't fit the traditional church mould and feel themselves excluded, but I think that is such a tragedy as Jesus called a mixed bag of guys (and girls) as his disciples then chose an enemy of the Gospel to write most of the NT!

Sometimes it helps to take a break from looking sideways at what a mess others make of the Christian faith and go back to the source.

Last edited:
Perhaps its time for you to call upon the name of The Lord and seek him. He is there. All you have to do is humble yourself and allow him and his word to minister to you.
idk man.

because this is the same God who let Lot's daughters become r!ped by a bunch of men.
this is the same God who impregnated the Virgin Mary whom conceived baby Jesus.

This is the SAME God who murdered millions of first borns simply because the Pharaoh refused to let the israelites or jewish people (ahh idfk man i forgot) go.

I mean gatekeeping the people of Egypt's welfare and murdering millions of first born simply because the Pharaoh hardened his heart is crazy especially when there was one verse where they command their masters to dominate and control their slaves or whatever.

i question how God was portrayed in the bible, as if this is a false portrayal. how can i seek the word of God if this is the God (being portrayed) there that enabled f!cked up laws?

I think too often people are keen to push their personality and religious style on others. Some people don't fit the traditional church mould and feel themselves excluded, but I think that is such a tragedy as Jesus called a mixed bag of guys (and girls) as his disciples then chose an enemy of the Gospel to write most of the NT!

Sometimes it helps to take a break from looking sideways at what a mess others make of the Christian faith and go back to the source.
i agree. the old testament is a mess. a bit from the new is a lil' ehh controlling

idk man.

because this is the same God who let Lot's daughters become r!ped by a bunch of men.
this is the same God who impregnated the Virgin Mary whom conceived baby Jesus.

This is the SAME God who murdered millions of first borns simply because the Pharaoh refused to let the israelites or jewish people (ahh idfk man i forgot) go.

I mean gatekeeping the people of Egypt's welfare and murdering millions of first born simply because the Pharaoh hardened his heart is crazy especially when there was one verse where they command their masters to dominate and control their slaves or whatever.

i question how God was portrayed in the bible, as if this is a false portrayal. how can i seek the word of God if this is the God (being portrayed) there that enabled f!cked up laws?
There is a coherent explanation for this.

okay, but this is VERY f!cked up :(

thank you for sharing this with me. but as someone who is on the verge of whether I should pray to God still or not. It's funny because I had moments where I would ask myself, "Maybe God has split personality disorder. Maybe God is the Devil. Maybe God is good in some occasions and maybe he is bad"

OOOH, MY F!CKING HEAD. I don't know what to believe, see and do anymore.

F!ck religion. It was Satan's greatest work, including conservative christianity.