Thinking about leaving Christianity

Wigi

Veteran
So the child molester who goes to church goes to heaven and the atheist nurse who cared for people all her life goes to hell?.....c'mon
This is a popular belief when people have been raised in 'cultural Christianity' or had a somewhat Catholic upbringing that it is them in heaven and all of us in hell no matter the vile stuff they do.

In reality, God's looking at the heart never at what one claim to believe and other outward appearance.

"the tax collector, standing afar off, would not so much as raise his eyes to heaven, but beat his breast, saying, ‘God, be merciful to me a sinner!’ I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other; for everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, and he who humbles himself will be exalted.”
Luke 18:13‭-‬14

If we cut off the whole heaven,hell, heavenly earth ect. to me it is more a matter of would you like to be with someone you Love or not.

My prayer while I was pretty much thinking like you was 'God on the off chance it was possible for me to believe in you, help me to see the good you do in my life' and I can tell i've been rescued from dear situations where it looked pretty much over.
I really shouldn't have went out alive of that hospital 4 years ago when they found out I had blood in my lungs and they couldn't stop the hemorraghe. I saw the reports, my life line was declining and they had to put me in intensive care. I know some folks where praying for me and I thought it was the moment to show some faith but I was struggling and telling myself 'you know so well that's not how life works at all' and I really believed I had to accept my fate.
While I was in a coma, I saw in a dream what I assumed to be an angel I couldn't see his face. It's something i don't want to give too much details because it's very personal and it's still hard for me to speak about without tears coming up.

Long story short, somehow my lungs got healed, completely. I don't know man, they checked in the MRI scanner, no damage in the lungs have been found, no breathing issues after I left the hospital although I was very scared i could never ever breath normally again. And the doctor told me it defied logic and outright asked me what happened, I've been thinking you're the doctor you're the one supposed to tell me what happened lol.

I said it is too hard to cope for human logic but not for God's goodness so now, when it comes to believing the Bible I came to the point I couldn't just assume it's people trusting wild stuff because they are bored in their lives or wants to annoy non-believers.

Alanantic

Star
Elegant*, but put another way, the Native American medicine woman confuses the art with the artist and media with meaning.

*I have noticed that you can “prove” anything (if that means getting a few likes) with an elegant aphorism.
Don't kill the messenger...

Lyfe

Star
I absolutely believe that if one seeks the sort of answers to the specific questions being asked here they will find them. It comes down to what Jesus said, that unless one humbles themself as a little child they will in no wise enter the kingdom of God.

The problem is that the vast majority of people don't really want the Bible corroborated, because once it gets to be corroborated it reveals the glaring and inescapable trouble that mankind is in. The great and amazing hope in Christ, but also the coming perdition and great white throne judgment that awaits everyone who's sin has not been covered by the blood of Jesus.

Lyfe

Star
We have the worldwide web with infinite information. We have an infinite amount of Bibles. Infinite amount of apolagetics. Infinite amount of churches. We have prayer and a functioning body to seek God with. We will be without excuse.

Seek the good Lord and live. Be filled and made whole with his good holy spirit.

Alanantic

Star
We have the worldwide web with infinite information. We have an infinite amount of Bibles. Infinite amount of apolagetics. Infinite amount of churches. We have prayer and a functioning body to seek God with. We will be without excuse.

Seek the good Lord and live. Be filled and made whole with his good holy spirit.
The world is full of great scripture, most of which you've never read. The Bible has a few wise sayings. But there's so much more out there. Western religions have a very small aspect of the Truth.

Lyfe

Star
The world is full of great scripture, most of which you've never read. The Bible has a few wise sayings. But there's so much more out there. Western religions have a very small aspect of the Truth.
Its not about wisdom. We live in a state of separation to God and only through Jesus and what he accomplished is that connection back to God restored. You are defiled(tainted) and corrupted in mind, heart, body, soul, and spirit. God is in the heavens and there is nothing contaminated there. You need to be washed and cleansed by the blood of Jesus.

Heaven is like a basin of pure unadulterated water. We have become filthy and unclean and resemble a polluted bottle of water. You cant take your pollution into the kingdom of God. Only the blood of Christ can wash you and blot out your sin. Only the blood of Christ can take away the stain of sin and everything that defiles your spirit and soul. You are cut off and separated from God. How will your connection to God ever be restored when God is holy and lives in unnaproachable light and you resemble a filthy garment?

Alanantic

Star
Its not about wisdom. We live in a state of separation to God and only through Jesus and what he accomplished is that connection back to God restored. You are defiled(tainted) and corrupted in mind, heart, body, soul, and spirit. God is in the heavens and there is nothing contaminated there. You need to be washed and cleansed by the blood of Jesus.

Heaven is like a basin of pure unadulterated water. We have become filthy and unclean and resemble a polluted bottle of water. You cant take your pollution into the kingdom of God. Only the blood of Christ can wash you and blot out your sin. Only the blood of Christ can take away the stain of sin and everything that defiles your spirit and soul. You are cut off and separated from God. How will your connection to God ever be restored when God is holy and lives in unnaproachable light and you resemble a filthy garment?
You read that and you believe it. Doesn't mean it's true.

Alanantic

Star
Is it not the truth?
This is from another book:

"Whenever there is a decay of righteousness, O Bharata, and a rise of unrighteousness, then I manifest Myself. For the protection of the good, for the destruction of the wicked and for the establishment of righteousness, I am born in every age." -- Krishna

Sounds like Jesus is Krishna. Is it not the truth?

Lyfe

Star
This is from another book:

"Whenever there is a decay of righteousness, O Bharata, and a rise of unrighteousness, then I manifest Myself. For the protection of the good, for the destruction of the wicked and for the establishment of righteousness, I am born in every age." -- Krishna

Sounds like Jesus is Krishna. Is it not the truth?
Jesus existed before the world began and the character and nature of God has been known even by the ancient gods of old seeing as how they rebelled against the Almighty. Its nothing new for Satan and his pantheon of false gods and fallen angels to pervert the right ways of God. Jesus said he beheld Satan as he fell from heaven. They know how to imitate Christ because Christ existed before he came in the flesh. Jesus is the original since he existed before the earth was created.

Alanantic

Star
Jesus existed before the world began and the character and nature of God has been known even by the ancient gods of old seeing as how they rebelled against the Almighty. Its nothing new for Satan and his pantheon of false gods and fallen angels to pervert the right ways of God. Jesus said he beheld Satan as he fell from heaven. They know how to imitate Christ because Christ existed before he came in the flesh. Jesus is the original since he existed before the earth was created.
"Christianity has yet to discover the transcendental dimensions of God consciousness (or Krishna consciousness) possessed by Jesus, its founder, who declared: "The kingdom of God does not come with your careful observation, nor will people say, 'It is here,' or 'It is there.' The kingdom of God is within you" (Luke 17:21).
"For one who sees Me everywhere and sees everything in Me, I am never lost, nor is he ever lost to Me." -- Krishna, Bhagavad-gita 6.30
Christianity has not begun its transcendental task." -- omjesus.net

Lyfe

Star
"Christianity has yet to discover the transcendental dimensions of God consciousness (or Krishna consciousness) possessed by Jesus, its founder, who declared: "The kingdom of God does not come with your careful observation, nor will people say, 'It is here,' or 'It is there.' The kingdom of God is within you" (Luke 17:21)."For one who sees Me everywhere and sees everything in Me, I am never lost, nor is he ever lost to Me." -- Krishna, Bhagavad-gita 6.30Christianity has not begun its transcendental task." -- omjesus.net
According to you there is no absolute or objective truth so why are you assigning so much authority to those writings you shared? Are they the truth?

Alanantic

Star
According to you there is no absolute or objective truth so why are you assigning so much authority to those writings you shared? Are they the truth?
They make the most sense to me. But, that's all I can say. This also makes sense: The only absolute is Spirit/God/The Tao. It never changes. The whole universe is its shadow, from the smallest quark to the biggest God, and it IS constantly changing. Here's a good definition of God:

"God is endless above and below the universe. There is no place, or even the smallest particle that it does not permeate.
God permeates all of the water, land, wood, and stone. Not a single being is without it.
Just as water is in and around water animals, in the same way, this pure God is in and around all living beings.
However, this simile with water is not entirely appropriate, because there are dry places which exist apart from water, while it is not possible that anyone can ever go outside of God.
If one tries to run outside of the sky, it is not possible because the sky is always found in front of us. Similarly, there is no end to the endless God.
But even though it is only God that we meet continuously, it is inseparable from the body, and though it is what is closest to everyone, it is also hidden.
One exists within it but does not know it. One imagines to have understood it, but really the Absolute Reality cannot be understood." -- Dasbodh Chapter: 7,Sub-Chapter: 4

Lyfe

Star
I would also like to note that, because of the compromised and dead condition of the churches that most people dont even get a chance to experience real Christianity(simply put - what Jesus came to establish here on earth). Im in a season in my walk with The Lord where there is no lack of adventure and certainly no boring day. In order to experience the life that Jesus calls us to you first have to get discipled and learn how the kingdom of God works. You have to get equipped and yield to the leading of the holy spirit. God has called each and ever one of his children to a specific mission and he gives the anointing and gifts to carry out that purpose here on earth. Only in discovering what Gods calling is for us and then doing it can we find fulfillment. Reading the Bible and going to church isnt enough or even all that God intended. There are different gifts and callings like hospitality, word of knowledge and exhortation, evangelist, and etc. The more you draw near to God and he equips and readies you the sooner you can walk in your calling and in this experience that fulfillment. Everyone who claims to be Christian should be learning and equipping themselves and receiving discipleship and then asking The Lord what it is that he wants them to be doing. Jesus rejoiced in doing The Fathers will and if you are born again the spirit of Christ Jesus is IN YOU.