Thinking about leaving Christianity

Satan always looking for new customers if you leave Christianity. He pays top dollar for your soul too. What have you got to lose?

Alanantic

Star
Satan always looking for new customers if you leave Christianity. He pays top dollar for your soul too. What have you got to lose?
Raised a Christian, never felt a thing. If God thinks I need to be punished for that, then he can go fuck himself.

Alanantic

Star
I think we all have that self reflection of i thought i would accomplish more but we seem to run into ....

The three crones:
would of
could of
should of
So true! I recently memorized Hamlet's Soliloquy. It's on my bucket list.

Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to bear the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune,
Or take arms against a sea of troubles, and by opposing end them?
To die. To sleep. No more...

Alanantic

Star
Good Luck with telling God to go fk himself? I will play it safe and err on the side of caution.
It's a figure of speech. No one can actually fuck themselves. Although this "god" you speak of may be able to pull it off. I've seen my family torn apart by Christianity. I find it rather repulsive, now.

"The Tao(God/Nature) is not humane, it treats the 10,000 creatures (of which we are merely one) as straw dogs" (ie. expendable units). -- Lao Tzu

"A Christian telling someone they're going to Hell is about as scary as a small child telling an adult they won't get any presents from Santa." -- Ricky Gervais

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
So true! I recently memorized Hamlet's Soliloquy. It's on my bucket list.

Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to bear the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune,
Or take arms against a sea of troubles, and by opposing end them?
To die. To sleep. No more...
“To die, to sleep – to sleep, perchance to dream – ay, there's the rub, for in this sleep of death what dreams may come…”

Just one question - I know you allude to the toxic results of Christianity on your family, but please be honest, was it lives lived according to principles of Christian faith that caused the problem or immoral actions for which “Christianity” was invoked as a justification?

I appreciate that question is a can of worms.

Last edited:
It's a figure of speech. No one can actually fuck themselves. Although this "god" you speak of may be able to pull it off. I've seen my family torn apart by Christianity. I find it rather repulsive, now.

"The Tao(God/Nature) is not humane, it treats the 10,000 creatures (of which we are merely one) as straw dogs" (ie. expendable units). -- Lao Tzu

"A Christian telling someone they're going to Hell is about as scary as a small child telling an adult they won't get any presents from Santa." -- Ricky Gervais
You talking tough now but on Judgement Day you be crying like a little girl lol.

Alanantic

Star
“To die, to sleep – to sleep, perchance to dream – ay, there's the rub, for in this sleep of death what dreams may come…”

Just one question - I know you allude to the toxic results of Christianity on your family, but please be honest, was it lives lived according to principles of Christian faith that caused the problem or immoral actions for which “Christianity” was invoked as a justification?

I appreciate that question is a can of worms.
My mother and sisters were "devout" to the extreme. My sisters' kids all went to Christian schools. Their husbands died young, and violently. My brother disowned his gay daughter. I was shunned. That's the tip of the iceberg. How dare you such a question? When you've seen the tears, the anger, and the bewilderment felt by my whole family, there are no questions but "WHY?", and no answers from the God they revered. You haven't the right to ask such a thing. Show some respect. What do you think my brother-in-law was praying before he shot himself in the head??? Do you think he was sincere? How long do you wait for a reply before you shoot yourself?

You talking tough now but on Judgement Day you be crying like a little girl lol.
You're a real sicko, ya know that?

"Belief in a cruel God makes a cruel man." -- Thomas Paine

My mother and sisters were "devout" to the extreme. My sisters' kids all went to Christian schools. Their husbands died young, and violently. My brother disowned his gay daughter. I was shunned. That's the tip of the iceberg. How dare you such a question? When you've seen the tears, the anger, and the bewilderment felt by my whole family, there are no questions but "WHY?", and no answers from the God they revered. You haven't the right to ask such a thing. Show some respect. What do you think my brother-in-law was praying before he shot himself in the head??? Do you think he was sincere? How long do you wait for a reply before you shoot yourself?

You're a real sicko, ya know that?

"Belief in a cruel God makes a cruel man." -- Thomas Paine
If your avatar picture is real you could get job at Salvation Army at Christmas. Maybe Ricky Gervais give you a job reference?

Maldarker

Star
@Alanantic
Sorry to hear about your family really truly am know doesn't mean much....

Maybe i would say that i don't follow a cruel GOD. I was cruel prior to my exp like i said... So T Paine might be right on that my god prior was the god of this world things where not good/cruel/anger/hate where more on par.

Alanantic

Star
@Alanantic
Sorry to hear about your family really truly am know doesn't mean much....

Maybe i would say that i don't follow a cruel GOD. I was cruel prior to my exp like i said... So T Paine might be right on that my god prior was the god of this world things where not good/cruel/anger/hate where more on par.
I think it comes with being a carbon-based lifeform. Everything's kinda yucky.

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
I asked a question because I could tell you have been hurt, offended, disillusioned and disgusted by some of the things you had seen. I have seen things through the years that if I were to take those only those distorted reflections of Jesus as the real thing, I would have given up.

Those who believe in salvation by grace (of which I am one) should be mindful that our lives are watched by those who don’t believe. What we do and how we interact with others matters in ways we may never fully understand.

History is replete with examples of people claiming Christianity while burning people who translate the Bible into English or suggesting Jews should be burned in their synagogues. In my own life, I have met genuine Christians and cultural “Christians”. I have just finished watching Dahmer on Netflix and was struck by how many people seemed to have an interpretation of Christianity.

Walking through a hall of mirrors, it is quite disorientating and you can come out feeling quite dysmorphic.

Last edited:

Alanantic

Star
I asked a question because I could tell you have been hurt, offended, disillusioned and disgusted by some of the things you had seen. I have seen things through the years that if I were to take those only those distorted reflections of Jesus as the real thing, I would have given up.

Those who believe in salvation by grace (of which I am one) should be mindful that our lives are watched by those who don’t believe. What we do and how we interact with others matters in ways we may never fully understand.

History is replete with examples of people claiming Christianity while burning people who translate the Bible into English or suggesting Jews should be burned in their synagogues. In my own life, I have met genuine Christians and cultural “Christians”. I have just finished watching Dahmer on Netflix and was struck by how many people seemed to have an interpretation of Christianity.

Walking through a hall of mirrors, it is quite disorientating and you can come out feeling quite dysmorphic.
Let's drop it.

Lyfe

Star
In all fairness we have to look at all the good fruit that has come from people who profess to be Christian as well. People want to acknowledge all the bad done in the name of the Christians, but wont fairly acknowledge all the people who have been roofed, fed, and nurtured by Christian organizations. All the souls who have been comforted and healed in many of the churches.

Lyfe

Star
How many wives or husbands have benefited from a spouse who was formerly self destructive, but now has been beautifully transformed, changed and healed by the power of the holy spirit? They exist and if it were not for Christians who bear good fruit the change would not have happened.

Its as 2 Timothy 3 illustrates tho we live in those perilous time where people would become fault finders and haters of God.

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
How many wives or husbands have benefited from a spouse who was formerly self destructive, but now has been beautifully transformed, changed and healed by the power of the holy spirit? They exist and if it were not for Christians who bear good fruit the change would not have happened.

Its as 2 Timothy 3 illustrates tho we live in those perilous time where people would become fault finders and haters of God.
I completely agree @Lyfe - one thing though - if you read the letters to the seven churches of Revelation (which intriguingly correspond to the church through the centuries) it is clear that the whole spectrum of praise and condemnation falls on them.

Lyfe

Star
I completely agree @Lyfe - one thing though - if you read the letters to the seven churches of Revelation (which intriguingly correspond to the church through the centuries) it is clear that the whole spectrum of praise and condemnation falls on them.
The church desperately needs to repent. We have become those same types that James had rebuked in his writing. We are becoming fattened for the slaughter and neglecting the needy. We are friendshipped with the world.

Here is proof that God exists: Let's say you own a house and your insurance company asks if you want to pay extra to have hurricane insurance and you say no thanks. A week later big hurricane hits and your house is destroyed and you are homeless. You ask insurance company for help to fix house. They tell you no help because hurricane was an Act of God. As you roll your shopping cart down the street looking for aluminum cans and cursing yourself for not believing in God and also being dumb enough not to buy hurricane insurance when you live on the coastline of Florida.