There Should Be Peace Between Muslims and Christians

Etagloc

Superstar
Peace between Muslims and Christians does not mean that Muslims and Christians have to water-down their beliefs or practice.

Muslims and Christians have to be free to have intellectual disagreements.

However, the two should not insult each other's religions. Nor should they insult each other. They should be respectful and for them to be respectful towards each other is contrary to both religions.

Invite to the way of your Lord with wisdom and good instruction, and argue with them in a way that is best. Indeed, your Lord is most knowing of who has strayed from His way, and He is most knowing of who is [rightly] guided.

-Quran 16:125

But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca,
shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.

-Matthew 5:22

I am sure you Christians know Matthew 5:22 is considered to be the words of Jesus.

Therefore, if according to Jesus "Thou fool" puts you in danger of hell fire and is haraam..... ummm I mean wrong..... how much more so calling a Muslim "stupid" or an "idiot"...

this is nothing more than an appeal to civility and not particularly partisan.

My issue is.... Christianity and Islam... well.... Islam..... Islam is a basis for people to live moral, dignified lives. Christianity, before it became a museum exhibit along with other fossils, once served a similar function. Honestly, Muslims.... have sort of done a good job keeping Islam from dying out..... though the anti-Salafi crowd will be sure to lead Islam down the same path Christianity went and to keep chiseling away at Islam's influence over actual life.

Don't be wimpy and think you can't disagree with each other...... no way do I want to sissify your approach in that way.... and let anyone talk you into that.......

but religion whether Christianity, Islam, Hinduism, etc. serves as the moral basis for society

and a lot of these Robert Spencer, David Wood types..... are really being used as pawns for an agenda of getting rid of religion.... it is not really Christianity that is driving such things...... it really is the push to eliminate religion........

DavidSon

Star
I completely agree. I'd take it a step further and say what I have before, that the religions should collaborate. Put our money and work together for for the cause of righteousness. Find a cause you can agree on. Muslim and Christian are just over 1/2 the world's population- imagine if we could get together to take on the real enemy?

The problem (which we'll see in probably 5 minutes) is the total ignorance of those that proclaim themselves "Christian." I read a poster say that, "Musloms serve a different God derp." My goodness. That is straight blasphemy, words meant to incite hatred and division.

There's a huge stumbling block, at least in the states. I heard on the radio about how many images Americans have seen of "middle-eastern" figures who are terrorists/gunmen in movies. IMO it's a type of conspiracy, a planned effort to spread dis-information. Does it go back to the European's fear of being taken over, like the hysteria of the middle ages? IMO for caucasians there is a very real fear of black and brown peoples,and the sources are a whole subject on their own.

It's crazy that Christians don't understand that Islam is a Holy People. I've met so many Muslims who've never tasted a drop of alcohol, or taken a single chemical, poisoning their body to get "high". These are good families. How many Chrisitians have the discipline (faith) to bow to Almighty God and pray 5 times a day!?

Islam deserves a lot more respect than they get, and it starts with proper education.

JoChris

Superstar
How do you expect Christians to work alongside clerics like this?

Where in the New Testament are Christians commanded to kill apostates?

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
Really? That’s like a Muslim pointing out the Westboro Baptist’s and saying “how do you expect Muslims to work along side them?”
Put another way, without using any extreme examples, do Muslims living within predominately Christian countries enjoy greater freedom of religious expression than Christians living within nations where Islam is in a majority position?

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
@Etagloc - just backing up from some of the initial responses to get to the question you are asking with this thread... We have things in common. Are these things enough to create unity between us?

Let me invite you into a parallel universe where The Lord of the Rings becomes the book under dispute. I use this example because many people like this story and it has created a number of spin-offs.

I wanted to have a go at a Lord of the Rings game recently and was looking at "Shadow of Mordor".

At first glance the game contained many of the same elements I had become familiar with. However, the game information told a different story:-

"In Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor, gamers take on the role of Talion, a valiant ranger whose family is slain in front of him the night Sauron and his army return to Mordor, moments before his own life is taken. Resurrected by a Spirit of vengeance and empowered with Wraith abilities, Talion ventures into Mordor and vows to destroy those who have wronged him. Through the course of his personal vendetta, Talion uncovers the truth of the Spirit that compels him, learns the origins of the Rings of Power, and ultimately confronts his true nemesis."

Here, we have a different story, with similarities and differences that play out in Middle Earth. In the same way, it appears to me that the Qur'an created a different story using some of the same characters that play out in the "Abrahamic universe".

Will all agree that "Shadow of Mordor" has the ring of authentic Tolkien about it? I guess that question is one for the forum...

Peace between Muslims and Christians does not mean that Muslims and Christians have to water-down their beliefs or practice.

However, the two should not insult each other's religions. Nor should they insult each other. They should be respectful and for them to be respectful towards each other is contrary to both religions.

Invite to the way of your Lord with wisdom and good instruction, and argue with them in a way that is best. Indeed, your Lord is most knowing of who has strayed from His way, and He is most knowing of who is [rightly] guided.

But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca,
shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.

I am sure you Christians know Matthew 5:22 is considered to be the words of Jesus.

Therefore, if according to Jesus "Thou fool" puts you in danger of hell fire and is haraam..... ummm I mean wrong..... how much more so calling a Muslim "stupid" or an "idiot"...

My issue is.... Christianity and Islam... well.... Islam..... Islam is a basis for people to live moral, dignified lives. Christianity, before it became a museum exhibit along with other fossils, once served a similar function. Honestly, Muslims.... have sort of done a good job keeping Islam from dying out..... though the anti-Salafi crowd will be sure to lead Islam down the same path Christianity went and to keep chiseling away at Islam's influence over actual life.

Don't be wimpy and think you can't disagree with each other...... no way do I want to sissify your approach in that way.... and let anyone talk you into that.......

but religion whether Christianity, Islam, Hinduism, etc. serves as the moral basis for society

and a lot of these Robert Spencer, David Wood types..... are really being used as pawns for an agenda of getting rid of religion.... it is not really Christianity that is driving such things...... it really is the push to eliminate religion........
It seems like a typo, and that you presumably meant this:
"They should be respectful and for them to be disrespectful towards each other is contrary to both religions."

Agreed (if so and my presumption is correct). I would like to add to this a suggestion though if I may - that instead of people just taking the "quick and easy path" (this is what lazy people like to do - and they need to stop being so lazy) of organized religion and just quickly having a glance at all the same old, worn out religious institutionalized interpretations, that have existed for so long in both religious traditions, as they have come to be organized and known (collectively into mainstream "Christianity" and "Islam", etc) and that have never actually led to anyone being able to agree, but to just keep on having the same old never ending arguments about the interpretations that don't seem to match up.

That instead of that, instead of continuing to just blindly trust in these interpretations of men (be they so-called scholars, imams, priests, rabbis, etc.) that it works better, way better (or rather, it just actually works, while the other tried, tested and failed method, doesn't work and it never will work to bring peace) to really start studying what the scriptures (God's Word) itself has to say to each of us, and then asking and trusting Him for the needed Guidance (DIRECT Guidance, from God, not men) to tell us what it actually really means. Because, as you pointed out above, both tell us to be respectful towards one another.

That has to mean that the Scriptures are right and if there seems to be a disagreement, then it is because of men, who are reading and interpreting it wrong (and/or as well as due to attempted human interference). It says no one can change God's Word. No-one. His Word is Alive. Studying His Word (Bible and Qur'an) links us up with Him and only He has the Ability to correctly and exactly explain to each one of us.

We should be promoting respect between one another as this is what Scriptures teach. We are all in the same boat, realize it or not, but it is true. Soon, this will be obvious. What the Chinese government is doing now should be all we need to see this if we haven't seen it yet.

Why are we different, and not all the same? I love what this beautiful Ayat/verse tells us about the reasons:

49:13. O mankind! We created you from a single (pair) of a male and a female, and made you into nations and tribes, that ye may know each other (not that ye may despise each other). Verily the most honoured of you in the sight of "I AM" (Allah) is (he who is) the most righteous of you. And "I AM" (Allah) has full knowledge and is well acquainted (with all things).

So should there be peace, between Muslims and Christians? Yes, most definitely, there should be. We need it, and to come together as brothers and as sisters, as believers, we all need to strive for it. Even if just side by side, as long as we have to. That is possible just by practicing goodwill and mutual respect. We need to strive for understanding and for mutual respect. Our scriptures tell us all to do it. And sooner or later (hopefully sooner) we need to realize that we are all going to be in the same boat together, and in so many ways, we already are.

Just looking at what the Chinese government is doing, should help wake us up and help us to see it.
https://www.businessinsider.com/what-is-life-like-in-xinjiang-reeducation-camps-china-2018-5?r=US&IR=T&IR=T
https://www.christianitytoday.com/news/2017/november/china-christians-jesus-communist-president-xi-jinping-yugan.html

Last edited:

DesertRose

Superstar
I know who my Christian peeps are and they are not Zionist in any shape or form. <3
They are not the ones who look for the worst examples of Muslims while ignoring that they have similar problematic people among their ranks.

My favorite people whether Muslim or Christian do not lecture people on how they should think. (Gentle advice and information always welcome!!)
Nor do they take direction from or seek to be propaganda mouthpieces.

Allah does not forbid you from those who do not fight you because of religion and do not expel you from your homes - from being righteous toward them and acting justly toward them. Indeed, Allah loves those who act justly.(Quran 60:8)

Last edited:

Etagloc

Superstar
We've had a few Christians show up but I'm the only person that's cited the Bible.

"My issue is.... Christianity and Islam... well.... Islam..... Islam is a basis for people to live moral, dignified lives. Christianity, before it became a museum exhibit along with other fossils, once served a similar function. Honestly, Muslims.... have sort of done a good job keeping Islam from dying out..... though the anti-Salafi crowd will be sure to lead Islam down the same path Christianity went and to keep chiseling away at Islam's influence over actual life."

Yes, let us make peace with them by insulting their religion first.
See with me, i'll diss them and call them faux christians whenever I catch them out lying about what is written in their own book
However, what I won't do is insult christianity directly. If you don't regard them as true christians, why is that the fault of christianity?

As for the rest of what you wrote. It's like i pointed out before, in the Quran, it does not say
"Quran and sunnah" or "Quran and hadith"
it says "Quran and HIKMAH/WISDOM"

In the accurate context, the prophet SAW was the embodiment of this wisdom. However wisdom isn't a one size fits all type of deal. Everyone has their own state. collectively the entire ummah reflects a certain state. Applying islam, works accordingly. Hence you can't be harsh on some people but can on others.

The prophet SAW, he allowed men to practice mutah/temporary marraige. He later banned it.
The prophet SAW wasn't stiff necked, nor was he contradictory, he dealt with people at times depending on their state. So he could make allowances.

In another instance the prophet SAW didn't show up for the Taraweeh jamaat. The muslims asked him why the next day. He told them "i didn't want people thinking it is FARD".
Caliph Umar RA later made it compulsory.

Are you on the same level of Umar RA? of course you're not, yet here we see the prophet SAW and the rightly guided caliph's changing things in accordance with their 'wisdom'. The reasoning for Umar RA was "this is a period of peace/security, therefore you have nothing better to do, so read it with us". of course, this was never enforced, it was advisory but no doubt in his mind there was no reason to miss it if you were able.

Not only that, Umar RA directly said "this is a good BIDAH"!!!

Religion is cmplex. The main body of islam, the ahle-sunnah, are spread out across the world. In india, they split in 2 between deobandis and brelwis. However one thing that's true across the board, they do not agree with wahabism/salafism.
Salafism is a saudi product. it is islam without wisdom, practiced by nationalistic/racist arabs to bring the rest of the muslim countries under their control.

I feel sorry for muslims who have good intentions and in their mind say "we just want to live according to Quran and sunnah" and then oppose practices that are perfectly halal just because the prophet SAW didn't personally do it. They don't have a correct understanding of islam. Eg something perfectly halal, agreeable on so many counts, but not directly done by the prophet therefore 'bidah'.
whereas in reality bidah only applies to the prescribed obligatory acts and not supererogatory acts. Using this weak logic, many people are easily swayed, but the ones pushing that view, through ignorance, have extreme tendencies eg will declare muslims as innovators and advocate jihad against them...and it isnt long before they start declaring them as kafirs.

Perfect example, in the Quran, Allah Himself commemorated the birth of many prophets. Yet to commemorate the birth of the prophet SAW, is attacked, by salafis/wahabis. The same people pushing those ideas, celebrate the creation of saudi arabia and the birthdays of their kings.

On top of all that, there are many many many hadith that directly foretold the rise of wahabism from najd and house saud.

Last edited:

Vytas

Star
Islam is theocracy more or less, and covers everything in believers life. While christianity is nothing of the sort although US is gravitating towards it. Not a good tendency especially in politics... Point is to accept muslims you need to accept a lot , to accept christian you need to know he sometimes pray hidden in a corner. And never to think about it again. Anyways internet and this forum is ridiculous with all the hostility and fighting by close minded members from both religions. Recently met few muslims in real life and they were awesome people. Didn't had a single argument with them in few moths and they helped me a lot. It's not the priest who helped robbed man in Luke 25 either...

elsbet

Superstar

While you continue to insult Christianity with impunity... noted.

JoChris

Superstar
Mmm... There is that detail ;-)
I am merely pointing at the massively obese elephant with chronic diarrhea** in the room.
Islam followed seriously results in deaths of apostates.
https://www.secularism.org.uk/news/2018/10/saudi-arabia-is-worst-country-to-be-an-atheist-report-says

Apparently 75-85% of Muslims are Sunni Muslims
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religion_in_Saudi_Arabia

** social justice warriors: nothing to see, ignore your noses, those who try to remove the elephant and its mess are racist etc.

JoChris

Superstar
Really? That’s like a Muslim pointing out the Westboro Baptist’s and saying “how do you expect Muslims to work along side them?”
So Westboro Baptist is now a major mainstream Christian church in USA? Wow, you Americans have way more problems than us foreigners thought.... :eek:
... /sarc off now :D

For all its severe faults I cannot imagine Westboro Baptist compromising what Christian core beliefs it still does hold despite its hideous teachings. I have also seen YouTube videos of ex-Westboro followers and I don't remember any mention of death threats either.

JoChris

Superstar
We've had a few Christians show up but I'm the only person that's cited the Bible.
You started the thread and as usual the challenge was not answered, a deflection was all that was offered.

I could introduce irreconcilable theological positions like all other "Islam versus Christianity" threads but instead I wanted to see a Muslim defend their clear "kill the apostate" commandment for once.

Several general passages instead, if Christians actually believe the bible they will see what is being communicated.

Matthew 7:15 [Jesus said] Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.
16 Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?
17 Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.
18 A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.
19 Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.
20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

Matthew 10:16 [Jesus said] Behold, I send you forth as sheep in the midst of wolves: be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves.

2 Corinthians 6:14 Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?
15 And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel?
16 And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.
17 Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you.
18 And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty.

Look at Muhammad's life. Look at Jesus' life. Are they compatible?

yannick

Veteran
I agree that there should be peace between Muslims and Christians and everybody else. The only way I believe this is going to be possible is by each and everybody adopting some sort of God-Consciousness as in whoever/whatever (any creature) I am seeing has indeed been Created by The Supreme Being without any doubt whatsoever, even this laptop though it was fabricated by human beings from the raw materials God Had Already Provided and Is Continuously Providing at each and every moment in time, whether past, present or future, or any other dimension that we don't know about and through which some people are able to tap into as in the world of the Jinn:

yannick

Veteran
I could introduce irreconcilable theological positions like all other "Islam versus Christianity" threads but instead I wanted to see a Muslim defend their clear "kill the apostate" commandment for once.
The "Kill the apostate" commandment doesn't apply during the age we are now into.

elsbet

Superstar
I agree that there should be peace between Muslims and Christians and everybody else. The only way I believe this is going to be possible is by each and everybody adopting some sort of God-Consciousness as in whoever/whatever (any creature) I am seeing has indeed been Created by The Supreme Being without any doubt whatsoever, even this laptop though it was fabricated by human beings from the raw materials God Had Already Provided and Is Continuously Providing at each and every moment in time, whether past, present or future, or any other dimension that we don't know about and through which some people are able to tap into as in the world of the Jinn:

So you're aware of the creepy aspect too. Crazy how that works, regardless of the era.