Therapists are supposed to diagnose all of their patients, amongst other things, former therapist speaks out

Maes17

Superstar
If she’s not well just stay your distance, as inconvenient as that may be it’s for the best. Just get out of her way.

My guess is she’s off her meds or the meds aren’t the correct meds. Most of these meds can be given as a monthly injection which reduces noncompliance and improves outcomes but the person needs to consent to that and getting consent can be difficult.. there’s a lot of resistance, bipolar people tend to like how they feel when manic and resent the boringness of stability when they are on the meds. I’ve gone through this a million times with my own dad and husband. It’s frustrating.

If she’s becoming aggressive/violent then she is probably manic. Acutely manic. The best way to treat that is with inpatient hospitalization and injected medication until stabilized. Every state and locality has different mental health services though.. but pretty much all have a mobile crisis which can evaluate and force treatment - bipolar people are good at masking symptoms when authorities are around though, and if you aren’t willing to get hat involved I don’t blame you. It’s incredibly difficult.
I think she's off. She's been bad for awhile.
3 years 4 years? Or so