Then There Is This...

SkepticCat

Veteran
As much as I dislike Trump this was a stupid comic, really. Yes, there are fascist undertones to Trump's policies and Americans are now the laughing stock of the world for having put [yet another] clown in the White House. The US is a complete joke at this point - but, that's it, it's still only a joke. To propose current America even resembles the fascist states of the 30's is asinine. They're curtailing freedom of speech now and steering public opinion in unhealthy directions but you can still very much speak ill of Trump without getting imprisoned or even murdered. Remember that, because it may not remain that way.

What I'm concerned about is the environment, public health. I'm also concerned about them launching something really crazy that will drive the world into war - I seriously thought that thing back at end of April could have been it. Until such grand scale events happen, there will be a lot of things that really, really shouldn't be happening, but it won't be the all-out carnage of a full-blown fascist police state. If one thinks it's bad now to the point of taking the time to produce such a comic, one clearly really doesn't understand just how bad it could potentially get.

mecca

Superstar
Yes, there are fascist undertones to Trump's policies and Americans are now the laughing stock of the world for having put [yet another] clown in the White House. The US is a complete joke at this point - but, that's it, it's still only a joke. To propose current America even resembles the fascist states of the 30's is asinine. They're curtailing freedom of speech now and steering public opinion in unhealthy directions but you can still very much speak ill of Trump without getting imprisoned or even murdered. Remember that, because it may not remain that way.
True.

Aero

Superstar
Trump wont be the one to push us into a police state. Because his ego won't allow it. He just wont let himself become the President that society crumbled under. If I were a worrying man, I would worry about what comes after Trump. Because he may set the stage for something worse on accident.

Etagloc

Superstar
I asked my friend how he could support the left and gave Hillary as an example of a leftist.... he explained that she is part of what he calls "the fake left"..... if we adopt this dualistic view that there is both a real left and a fake, controlled left, then it's clear that the democrats are a bunch of fake leftists... it's like an anti-cult that has sprung up around Trump just like Bush... I remember this guy in my high school telling me with this super serious look and quasi-religious tone how George Bush is the worst leader in the entire world and that he is Hitler.... now Trump is Hitler....... "WE WILL NOT LET THE TERRORISTS WIN... WE MUST ALL UNITE TO DEFEAT THEM TERRORISTS"..... i thought leftists were supposed to be smart.... why are leftists using that played-out tactic????

Aero

Superstar
Hillary was just heavily controlled by outside parties. People basically in the shadows. The same is kind of true for Trump, but the difference is Trump will not be "handled" by anyone. He's more likely to fight them, just for the sake of fighting them. Which is one of his saving graces I think. We waited a while for a President that doesn't have handlers.

Lurker

Star
Hillary was just heavily controlled by outside parties. People basically in the shadows. The same is kind of true for Trump, but the difference is Trump will not be "handled" by anyone. He's more likely to fight them, just for the sake of fighting them. Which is one of his saving graces I think. We waited a while for a President that doesn't have handlers.
I don't care about Trump, I care about his appointees. Like Jeff Sessions. He wants to take us back to the 50s. While Trump may not have handlers, the rest do.

TMT

Star
Trump wont be the one to push us into a police state. Because his ego won't allow it. He just wont let himself become the President that society crumbled under. If I were a worrying man, I would worry about what comes after Trump. Because he may set the stage for something worse on accident.
Mike Pence.

But i could see Trump declaring himself dictator for life, Caesar style.

TMT

Star
A man like Trump is easily manipulated, you just make him think it was his idea.

justjess

Superstar
Hilary is neoliberal - hence fake left. I am not sure why someone saying that is surprising... I'm a "leftist" and I hated her for as long as I can remember. Hell most of the democrats in office are fake left too.

Trump is just as controlled and manipulated as any one else. And I'd worry a lot about that police state since it was one of his first orders of business to increase "respect for the police" and he's from NYC which is already an unofficial fucking police state.

mecca

Superstar
Hilary is neoliberal - hence fake left. I am not sure why someone saying that is surprising... I'm a "leftist" and I hated her for as long as I can remember. Hell most of the democrats in office are fake left too.
There's no real left wing in America.

TMT

Star

Trump is just as controlled and manipulated as any one else. And I'd worry a lot about that police state since it was one of his first orders of business to increase "respect for the police" and he's from NYC which is already an unofficial fucking police state.
Same here with Hillary, she was a horrible war hawk and owned by Wall Street.

But Trump is really bad, with the huge military increase and his promise to start giving cops surplus military gear again.
When something happens here, and it will at some point before 2020, be prepared for some shit.

Very funny that the man who was installed by people to "fight the nwo" might be the one to bring about the total police state.
It's like Christians voting for the anti-christ.

TMT

Star
I tried to tell the trump voters that he wasn't gonna save them but they couldn't realize it.
They are blind, it's not like he has ever hid his love of surveillance or torture or any of his other authoritarian tendencies, but the whole conspiracy movement morphed into something really ugly in the last few years and priorities changed.

justjess

Superstar
I agree with u 100% TMT

Just look a thing NYC and multiply the current situation there by like 100 and that's what we are in for, that's what he wants. Trump doesn't give a rats ass about human rights he cares about money. That's it. The police state feeds the government coffers, now his coffers, and protects rich people's "investments"