The world is becoming better, in a lot of ways

Aero

Superstar
How did I miss this can of worms?

Of course, we should be positive, but the world we live in isn't always pretty. If a person wants to trek through the mud, I say more power to them. The problem is when people feel the need to sling that mud everywhere.

Now, I've been guilty of mudslinging plenty of times. But that's not who I am or what I want to be. All I can say is that I continue to better myself every day. That's a goal everyone should strive for. Let's stop wasting time putting people down.

Eh, no. The world isnt getting better at all, go watch some Jason A vids, it will show you what is happening world wide - they are trying to kill us, people you will find like african tribes are at lot happier know why? no facebook, no gmo, no vaccines, no statins, no anxiety, in touch with nature, we are so far removed from nature, even sunlight, everything is being distorted, gender, animal rights has turned into speciesm, vasectomy's, abortion. We are manipulating natural law and creation is only going to scream back, no we are fucked.

presenttense

Established
Eh, no. The world isnt getting better at all, go watch some Jason A vids, it will show you what is happening world wide - they are trying to kill us, people you will find like african tribes are at lot happier know why? no facebook, no gmo, no vaccines, no statins, no anxiety, in touch with nature, we are so far removed from nature, even sunlight, everything is being distorted, gender, animal rights has turned into speciesm, vasectomy's, abortion. We are manipulating natural law and creation is only going to scream back, no we are fucked.
Jason A is a double agent!

Mr.Anderson

Veteran
Brazil, specially my region wich is/was completely forgotten by authorities and the rest of the country in general, is getting a lot better. Just like 20 years ago there were people still dying from things like starvation, tapeworms, cholera, this stuff.

And regarding the other stuff, you guys might think this world has gone crazy but hey, now we all are aware of what is happening but it has ALWAYS been like this, actually things have been way worse in ancient times:

- child sacrifice was the norm;
- cannibalism was the norm;
- slavery was the norm;
- the average size of our fruits was like 10% of what we have today (even crops grown without agrotoxics are still big);

and other stuff. You guys might say "yeah, but this things still happen today" yeah, they do but now they aren't the norm anymore. You won't casually stroll at your local park during a sunday morning and hear the drum beats and chanting to moloch asking for rain while a baby is being sacrificed (well, at least for now but this is another story).

I really don't know where everyone here hail from, but I'm from a very poor área and the things that i've seen the past TEN YEARS would totally blow my mind. if someone told me back then (well, almost. if it were 15 years then yeah but 10 years ago I already had a laptop)

And now the most importante thing: Jesus came from the heavens and saved every poor dummy here less than 2000 years ago, this alone would make this part of time way better than ancient times. We are saved, nothing but ourselves can go against it, we alone can step dance in tip topes above those satanists and they'll contort in hate because salvation is here now.

Yeah, we do have other problems, pollution is a serious one and anyone who has seen smog can testify that but can't we be grateful for what we already have now? It's not wrong to long for other things but you should at least be expected to be grateful for what you have now. It's december guys, the savior is born for us all, the satanists included. Everybody here and there keep saying that the tree and the mistletoe and whatever isn't from God but celebrating our salvation that came from Jesus IS, so can't we focus on that here?

as a side note I believe that the goblal warming thing about the north pole unfreezing and drowing us all is trying to discredit God's promise to never do such thing again.

The Zone

Star
Awoken can sure dish it, but can rarely take it. Your insults are like a cross between an 8-year-old boy and a cantankerous old man. You actually think the forum is your personal theater, lol.

Last edited:

UnderAlienControl

Superstar
If you think things are getting better, good for you. I think things are getting worse. What's going down now seems in reality to be a cabal of neo pharoahs and neo pharisees looking to conquer and rule over everyone in an occultic Babylonian infused neo feudal serfdom monarchal technocracy, while making pronouncements against dissent by cutting off some rights as well as access to services. Carried out by the Techiban-the enforcement wing of Techistan. It doesn't pay (literally) to get on their radar. They've been known to deplatulate a fool. All this while living and behaving like kings and their courts.

They' have exploited government, media, nformation, capitalism, politics, technology, war, religion, charity, medicine, and racial division while profiting from it all. So welcome to Techistan, where billionaires, zionists, tech fatcats, corporations, glitterati, politicians, neocons, talking heads, and false prophets all have it good while stripping people of rights, standards, opportunities, community, earnings, infrastructure, and worst of all their dignity.

See, it doesn't require crowns to be royalty anymore. Just a billion dollars and a general distaste for humanity at large. That makes you a king now.

But hey, if you want to believe

1576355509354.png
good for you. I'm of a belief that
1576355622157.png

“There’s class warfare, all right, but it’s my class, the rich class, that’s making war, and we’re winning.” — Warren Buffet

Last edited:

TC1968

Established
I kind of thought that other thread was going to cover this topic, but it's something crazy that I don't understand at all.

Anyway, in so many ways, we who are alive today are living in the best age this world has ever seen. The majority of us live longer and better lives than anyone else in history has, with less work to be done, and more and more luxuries at our disposal. I'm not a rich man, but I am only a generation or two away from peasants who lived in dirt huts and were virtual slaves, and whose own previous generation would have viewed my car, accommodations, and electronics as insane luxury, if not witchcraft.

How are some ways our world today is a vast improvement on all the previous ages? Or even a few years ago?

For one thing, the global mortality rate for children under 5 has declined from 93.4 per 1,000 in 1990 to 40.8 in 2016. In America, the violent crime rate has dropped by roughly 75% since the early 1990's. Extreme poverty has fallen from 85% of the world's population 200 years ago, to about 12% today, and if that trend continues, extreme poverty will be virtually nonexistent in ten years. These are all good things, aren't they? Why don't we talk about them?
The world is much better for us in the West, the rest of the world seems to be rocketing backwards though.
The bad news is I think much of the Western world is peaking and we'll probably be eclipsed by China soon. We just have too many lazy dumdum people, having lots of lazy dumdum kids, and they are a drain on the system. We also have too few smart people having smart kids, or not having kids at all. Those few kids are whats left to be the next Steve Jobs, or Bill Gates, but most won't go that road. I think we are pretty much skrewed in the next ten years or so.

Thunderian

Superstar
The world is much better for us in the West, the rest of the world seems to be rocketing backwards though.
The bad news is I think much of the Western world is peaking and we'll probably be eclipsed by China soon. We just have too many lazy dumdum people, having lots of lazy dumdum kids, and they are a drain on the system. We also have too few smart people having smart kids, or not having kids at all. Those few kids are whats left to be the next Steve Jobs, or Bill Gates, but most won't go that road. I think we are pretty much skrewed in the next ten years or so.
The world other than the West is not rocketing backwards at all. They are catching up. The average person these days — in almost any part of the world — is much better off than their counterpart of just 20 years ago.

Again, war is the enemy of humankind, but even then, we haven’t had a global war in about 80 years, and less and less people are dying from war every year. Human progress lifts everyone eventually.

TC1968

Established
I don't see the rest of the world rising up to join us, even those countries with strong tech communities are still essentially third world countries. India has some very brilliant minds in technology and medicine, yet most of the country is still crapping in a ditch. Africa is in shambles, Latin America seems to be run by drug lords and China is an oppressive and power hungry. I just dont see any of those areas ever getting better.
The Western worlds biggest problems are moral decline, and we have too many weak and unmotivated people in the population and both are byproducts of having stable technical society without major wars.

Maes17

Superstar
I don't see the rest of the world rising up to join us, even those countries with strong tech communities are still essentially third world countries. India has some very brilliant minds in technology and medicine, yet most of the country is still crapping in a ditch. Africa is in shambles, Latin America seems to be run by drug lords and China is an oppressive and power hungry. I just dont see any of those areas ever getting better.
The Western worlds biggest problems are moral decline, and we have too many weak and unmotivated people in the population and both are byproducts of having stable technical society without major wars.
Spot on

Sunshine

Established
I kind of thought that other thread was going to cover this topic, but it's something crazy that I don't understand at all.

Anyway, in so many ways, we who are alive today are living in the best age this world has ever seen. The majority of us live longer and better lives than anyone else in history has, with less work to be done, and more and more luxuries at our disposal. I'm not a rich man, but I am only a generation or two away from peasants who lived in dirt huts and were virtual slaves, and whose own previous generation would have viewed my car, accommodations, and electronics as insane luxury, if not witchcraft.

How are some ways our world today is a vast improvement on all the previous ages? Or even a few years ago?

For one thing, the global mortality rate for children under 5 has declined from 93.4 per 1,000 in 1990 to 40.8 in 2016. In America, the violent crime rate has dropped by roughly 75% since the early 1990's. Extreme poverty has fallen from 85% of the world's population 200 years ago, to about 12% today, and if that trend continues, extreme poverty will be virtually nonexistent in ten years. These are all good things, aren't they? Why don't we talk about them?

Here, here, Thunderian! I agree that Life in the 21st Century is full of good things and opprtunities to make life even better, for every human being on the planet.

Being as enthralled with history as I am, I can appreciate the differences that we modern guys and gals often take for granted, compared to those living even a couple of hundred years ago. Often times, when I am driving, I revel a ittle in the complexity and efficiency of our roadways, especially the flyovers that are three and four levels high. And skyscrapers and greenbelts and airports and giant hospitals and libraries and schools--they all make me feel like I'm living in the future. Because we kind of are. We are in the future our ancestors imagined for us. And people today are already working on the next steps in our collective evolution. And surprise, to all you negative nellies out there in VCland, it's not all bad!

There are young scientists and inventors coming up with new ways to make our habitats and metropolises more sustainable, with less ecological impact. Solar roads, buildings with enough plants in them to clean their own air, gadgets to filter the trash out of seawater, houses that can be unfolded, hand-held water purifiers, a laser that reduces a ton of garbage to a few ounces of ash. All of those things are a reality, and soon will be ubiquitous.

The internet, despite the PTB trying to clamp down on it and use it for their own ends, is still a powerful tool of the masses, for communication and educating themselves, exposing the wrongdoers, and fighting tyranny on every level. Those protests you are so quick to deem as a sign of things being worse now than in the past are, in fact, a sign that things are better. No longer can governments inflict their will upon a defenseless population, and not have eveyone else in the world know about it. From the Uighers and HK rebels in China, to the constant parade of African leaders willing to victimize their own peoples, awareness brings action, and sooner or later, these oppressors will fall. It is just a matter of time, and of we, the observers taking a stand against those doing the oppressing and saying, whether in economic or military terms, stop it or you will be punished.

It's true that the advent of digital tools and weapons being used by govts is a scary prospect. There are countless distopian imaginings, in book and tv and movie form, of what happens and how the people ensnared in it try to overcome. Some win (Terminator series), some lose (1984), some end up at an impasse (Matrix series). It's up to us to choose the battles we will fight, the strategies we use and the timing. If we actually ever get up out of our nice, comfortable bubbles, replete with delivered food, entertainment and trinkets.

Those of you who bemoan the current plight of the world are going to have to do more than type onto a forum if you want to create the changes you long to see. For example, did you know that if you type the word "volunteer" into your search engine, your marvelous computer will show you a list of hundreds of ways you can go out into the world and do something good for someone else. That's where we, all of us, need to start. Go clean a park or a beach, drop off those old clothes, buy a homeless person a cup of coffee, teach a kid to read, or do math, or tie their shoe. Every time you do something like that, you will get a little "high," and you won't so easily become overwhelmed by all of the Bad Stuff presented to us on the smorgasbord of our digital table.

Never forget, the evil ones in power WANT you to feel depressed, hopeless, defeated, and powerless to interfere with their nefarious aims. Why make it easy for them? Start small, such as with the suggestions I made above, or something similar that suits your own interests. Hug a freaking tree if you need to (sounds silly but I've done it and it works), feel the grass or sand or snow under your feet and reconnect with good old Mother Nature. With the various Winter Holidays upon us, take a shot at truly reconnecting with a person that you love. That's a great gift to give yourself. Just don't hide in your room/apartment and continue to let the bluelight and sadness fill your mind and soul.

The Zone

Star
What Sunshine said is how I feel about climate change in that it is a fear-mongering money grab. At the same time, I never litter, help clean the ocean in my neck of the woods and the shoreline from washed-up debris. The climate change types whine like hell while sitting on their hands unless they are typing, so a little action may be in order.

As for the world, it is a messed up place but it got there over time. Tech can be used for both good and evil and therefore it has, like everything else, been used to divide. What amazes me more are people who realize MSM is propaganda, yet they cannot see they have bought into the ploys and are echoing their views. They then rail about things here while trying to mallet anyone over the head who d not believe their take. In short, they are as angry as the MSM seems to be.

The American Indians use to say it is speaking with a forked tongue or talking out of both sides of your mouth. You cannot admonish the media while taking up their talking points on today's politics, weather, etc, etc, etc.

In many respects, the world is what we make it. And, or, we can strive to live our best lives no matter the circumstances which are given to us. Too many have been laid low by fear-mongering to the point where they complain about no action when they, themselves, are locked in a room somewhere for all of their day typing and whining instead of living life or breathing free air before they attempt to tax that.

So, yeah, there are tons of issues. And yes, we have been engineered to think in a certain way. But some who complain the most about issues spend more time on message boards than they do try to live life for the better things which are still available. They are the ones imprisoned thinking the worst about everything and it is amazingly by design and a sign of being defeated.

The Division Bell is ringing. We still, in some places, have free will to choose our personal path and the way we seek happiness on a daily basis. So, I see Thundarians point while at the same time liking Under Alien Controls post about the many things which seek to control us. UAC, unlike some, points to obvious issues while at the same time not engaging in the petty daily pot shots here. I think some should try to do that more often for more grounded and actual conversation instead of railing on made-up enemies and drinking the paranoia juice. As for Thundy and Sunshine's comments, they are able to see some positives and that is something to hang onto as well.

Last edited:

Thunderian

Superstar
Here, here, Thunderian! I agree that Life in the 21st Century is full of good things and opprtunities to make life even better, for every human being on the planet.

Being as enthralled with history as I am, I can appreciate the differences that we modern guys and gals often take for granted, compared to those living even a couple of hundred years ago. Often times, when I am driving, I revel a ittle in the complexity and efficiency of our roadways, especially the flyovers that are three and four levels high. And skyscrapers and greenbelts and airports and giant hospitals and libraries and schools--they all make me feel like I'm living in the future. Because we kind of are. We are in the future our ancestors imagined for us. And people today are already working on the next steps in our collective evolution. And surprise, to all you negative nellies out there in VCland, it's not all bad!

There are young scientists and inventors coming up with new ways to make our habitats and metropolises more sustainable, with less ecological impact. Solar roads, buildings with enough plants in them to clean their own air, gadgets to filter the trash out of seawater, houses that can be unfolded, hand-held water purifiers, a laser that reduces a ton of garbage to a few ounces of ash. All of those things are a reality, and soon will be ubiquitous.

The internet, despite the PTB trying to clamp down on it and use it for their own ends, is still a powerful tool of the masses, for communication and educating themselves, exposing the wrongdoers, and fighting tyranny on every level. Those protests you are so quick to deem as a sign of things being worse now than in the past are, in fact, a sign that things are better. No longer can governments inflict their will upon a defenseless population, and not have eveyone else in the world know about it. From the Uighers and HK rebels in China, to the constant parade of African leaders willing to victimize their own peoples, awareness brings action, and sooner or later, these oppressors will fall. It is just a matter of time, and of we, the observers taking a stand against those doing the oppressing and saying, whether in economic or military terms, stop it or you will be punished.

It's true that the advent of digital tools and weapons being used by govts is a scary prospect. There are countless distopian imaginings, in book and tv and movie form, of what happens and how the people ensnared in it try to overcome. Some win (Terminator series), some lose (1984), some end up at an impasse (Matrix series). It's up to us to choose the battles we will fight, the strategies we use and the timing. If we actually ever get up out of our nice, comfortable bubbles, replete with delivered food, entertainment and trinkets.

Those of you who bemoan the current plight of the world are going to have to do more than type onto a forum if you want to create the changes you long to see. For example, did you know that if you type the word "volunteer" into your search engine, your marvelous computer will show you a list of hundreds of ways you can go out into the world and do something good for someone else. That's where we, all of us, need to start. Go clean a park or a beach, drop off those old clothes, buy a homeless person a cup of coffee, teach a kid to read, or do math, or tie their shoe. Every time you do something like that, you will get a little "high," and you won't so easily become overwhelmed by all of the Bad Stuff presented to us on the smorgasbord of our digital table.

Never forget, the evil ones in power WANT you to feel depressed, hopeless, defeated, and powerless to interfere with their nefarious aims. Why make it easy for them? Start small, such as with the suggestions I made above, or something similar that suits your own interests. Hug a freaking tree if you need to (sounds silly but I've done it and it works), feel the grass or sand or snow under your feet and reconnect with good old Mother Nature. With the various Winter Holidays upon us, take a shot at truly reconnecting with a person that you love. That's a great gift to give yourself. Just don't hide in your room/apartment and continue to let the bluelight and sadness fill your mind and soul.
Very well put. You get it.:cool: