The wiles(strategies) of the devil and spiritual warfare

Lyfe

Star
Healing in Gods presence when he draws near to you!

God knows our heart condition. There are times when we allow things inside us(anger, lust, bitterness, idols, and etc) and the holy spirit will draw us to The Father in prayer and communion in order to deal with our hearts for the necessary renewal and healing.

The LORD is good to those who wait for him, to the soul who seeks him. Lamentations 3:25

For he satisfies the longing soul, and the hungry soul he fills with good things. Psalm 107:9

Blessed is the man whom THOU CHOOSEST, and CAUSEST TO APPROACH UNTO THEE, that he may dwell in thy courts: we shall be satisfied with the goodness of thy house, even of thy holy temple. Psalm 65:4

HE BROUGHT ME to the banqueting house, and his banner over me was love. Song of Solomon 2:4

Come close to God, and God will come close to you. James 4:8

For you make him most blessed forever; YOU MAKE HIM GLAD WITH THE JOY OF YOUR PRESENCE. Psalm 21:6

...times of refreshing may COME FROM THE PRESENCE of the Lord Acts 3:20

Wigi

Veteran
Healing in Gods presence when he draws near to you!

God knows our heart condition. There are times when we allow things inside us(anger, lust, bitterness, idols, and etc) and the holy spirit will draw us to The Father in prayer and communion in order to deal with our hearts for the necessary renewal and healing.

The LORD is good to those who wait for him, to the soul who seeks him. Lamentations 3:25

For he satisfies the longing soul, and the hungry soul he fills with good things. Psalm 107:9

Blessed is the man whom THOU CHOOSEST, and CAUSEST TO APPROACH UNTO THEE, that he may dwell in thy courts: we shall be satisfied with the goodness of thy house, even of thy holy temple. Psalm 65:4

HE BROUGHT ME to the banqueting house, and his banner over me was love. Song of Solomon 2:4

Come close to God, and God will come close to you. James 4:8

For you make him most blessed forever; YOU MAKE HIM GLAD WITH THE JOY OF YOUR PRESENCE. Psalm 21:6

...times of refreshing may COME FROM THE PRESENCE of the Lord Acts 3:20
Amen and Amen,
it is one thing to read these verses and think 'yeah that's cool and all' without living any of it but to actually live this blessed reality where in prayer your soul, your inner self to put it simply is welcoming a special reunion where you're able to tell that the real living God by the virtue of the Holy Spirit shares with you His bread from above that restore and heals you is life changing.
It truly gave me a new understanding to this verse :

Judas (not Iscariot) said to Him, “Lord, how is it that You will manifest Yourself to us, and not to the world?” Jesus answered and said to him, “If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word; and My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make Our home with him. He who does not love Me does not keep My words; and the word which you hear is not Mine but the Father’s who sent Me.
John 14:22‭-‬24

Then of course the enemy will do what's in its power so you may never have the time to meet God in prayer and often time, he sow seeds of discouragement so you may feel too broken, too imperfect, too dirty to let the temple that is your body be a place of fellowship with God. I kinda regret how in the past I've been too prideful to realize that the presence of the Comforter, the Helper was what I always needed in my life. The enemy both steals your life and makes you believe it is God that steals your life, glad Jesus made so I would finally break from the lies burdening my mind.

Lyfe

Star
Amen and Amen,
it is one thing to read these verses and think 'yeah that's cool and all' without living any of it but to actually live this blessed reality where in prayer your soul, your inner self to put it simply is welcoming a special reunion where you're able to tell that the real living God by the virtue of the Holy Spirit shares with you His bread from above that restore and heals you is life changing.
It truly gave me a new understanding to this verse :

Judas (not Iscariot) said to Him, “Lord, how is it that You will manifest Yourself to us, and not to the world?” Jesus answered and said to him, “If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word; and My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make Our home with him. He who does not love Me does not keep My words; and the word which you hear is not Mine but the Father’s who sent Me.
John 14:22‭-‬24

Then of course the enemy will do what's in its power so you may never have the time to meet God in prayer and often time, he sow seeds of discouragement so you may feel too broken, too imperfect, too dirty to let the temple that is your body be a place of fellowship with God. I kinda regret how in the past I've been too prideful to realize that the presence of the Comforter, the Helper was what I always needed in my life. The enemy both steals your life and makes you believe it is God that steals your life, glad Jesus made so I would finally break from the lies burdening my mind.
Amen. Thanks for sharing brother! I feel the most alive and unburdened and the most peaceful in and after communion with The Father. We need to be seeking him with our lamps daily for fresh oil as the wise virgins!

Lyfe

Star
2 Samuel 5:19
English Standard Version

19 And David inquired of the Lord, “Shall I go up against the Philistines? Will you give them into my hand?” And the Lord said to David, “Go up, for I will certainly give the Philistines into your hand.”

Lyfe

Star
Satan and his legions of demonic hordes were defeated and stripped of their unrivaled power at the cross. God through Christ opened up a way for man to be freed and delivered from these spiritual forces and chains that have long afflicted this fallen world. Jesus brought liberation and freedom to a planet of captivity and oppression. He delivers us from the domain and power of darkness and transfers us into a kingdom where Satan no longer has authority. Evil spirits bring torment, they bring addiction, they bring wars, they bring lies, they bring disease and cancer, they bring corrupt and evil governments, they bring insanity and mental illness, they create self destructive cultures, because that is their nature. It is only in and through Christ that these powers to torment and oppress the victim are destroyed and rendered powerless! Jesus is the only one who can calm the stormy winds and bring peace to the tormented soul! He is the only one who can free those who are bound by and held as slaves to the powers of darkness!

Wigi

Veteran
Amen. Thanks for sharing brother! I feel the most alive and unburdened and the most peaceful in and after communion with The Father. We need to be seeking him with our lamps daily for fresh oil as the wise virgins!
Absolutely and we should make sure not to let anything defile our lamp especially 'dead flies' as it is written
"Dead flies cause the ointment of the apothecary to send forth a stinking savour: so doth a little folly him that is in reputation for wisdom and honour."
Ecclesiastes 10:1

The least we can do is to take heed to keep this oil refreshed and undefiled by idols we hide inside our heart, our own negative thoughts or vain self-righteous attitudes crawling at our door steps. Actively departing from any form of compromises with the carnal mind like Joseph did, when he went as far as refusing to stay near Pharaoh's wife lest he would have fallen for the temptation of lust, will make sure that we walk victorious even if it gets tougher.
In those perilous times we have to strive for a special anointing so we can be that vessel properly molded for these good things God has in store for our life and where we will remain protected. Whoever thinks they don't have to improve the quality of their walk and their proximity to God clearly is playing a dangerous game.

"We know that whoever is born of God does not sin; but he who has been born of God keeps himself, and the wicked one does not touch him."
1 John 5:18
He who is unjust, let him be unjust still; he who is filthy, let him be filthy still; he who is righteous, let him be righteous still; he who is holy, let him be holy still.” “And behold, I am coming quickly, and My reward is with Me, to give to every one according to his work.
Revelation 22:11‭-‬12

Lyfe

Star
Absolutely and we should make sure not to let anything defile our lamp especially 'dead flies' as it is written
"Dead flies cause the ointment of the apothecary to send forth a stinking savour: so doth a little folly him that is in reputation for wisdom and honour."
Ecclesiastes 10:1

The least we can do is to take heed to keep this oil refreshed and undefiled by idols we hide inside our heart, our own negative thoughts or vain self-righteous attitudes crawling at our door steps. Actively departing from any form of compromises with the carnal mind like Joseph did, when he went as far as refusing to stay near Pharaoh's wife lest he would have fallen for the temptation of lust, will make sure that we walk victorious even if it gets tougher.
In those perilous times we have to strive for a special anointing so we can be that vessel properly molded for these good things God has in store for our life and where we will remain protected. Whoever thinks they don't have to improve the quality of their walk and their proximity to God clearly is playing a dangerous game.

"We know that whoever is born of God does not sin; but he who has been born of God keeps himself, and the wicked one does not touch him."
1 John 5:18
He who is unjust, let him be unjust still; he who is filthy, let him be filthy still; he who is righteous, let him be righteous still; he who is holy, let him be holy still.” “And behold, I am coming quickly, and My reward is with Me, to give to every one according to his work.
Revelation 22:11‭-‬12
Yes we cannot afford to give the enemy a foothold. He is always looking for one as a means to bring us back into captivity and spiritual slumber!

Lyfe

Star
It's really important for us to guard our hearts from accusations and evil suspicions. Don't think for a second the enemy won't send fiery darts and come against your mind to do this, because he will. He is the one who sows discord. He is the accuser. He was the one who got Eve to question and be suspicious of God and his character.

If we spend more time accusing someone(in our hearts) rather than interceding for them then it's often a sign of some manner of unrighteousness within us that's the issue. Jesus doesn't accuse us before God. He intercedes for us, because he is for us!

Keep your heart with all vigilance, for from it flow the springs of life. Proverbs 4:23

Lyfe

Star
Its sad, but this culture is overwhelmed with a myriad of depressed individuals. What's worse is that depression can and often does drive people to ending it all through suicide. There are many who would reject this, but suicide comes from more than just a mere state of mind. Suicide is torment of the mind and is definitely driven and encouraged by evil spirits. If we take God's word to heart and allow it to renew our mind we can clearly see that the kingdom of darkness is at work all around us. We can come to realize that this power of darkness and spiritual wickedness that The Bible warns of is very real. It is looking for a foothold and doorway into society and we gladly give it to them through our love for sin and rebellion toward the light of God's word and his son Jesus Christ.

We are called not to be ignorant of the devils schemes and devices. Satan and the powers of darkness come to kill, steal, and destroy. Those with eyes to see and ears to hear will. God's word points out that a diseased tree cannot bear good fruit. We should carefully and prayerfully examine the fruit of this culture and what it is in actuality producing, what is really going on and where it's leading our families and loves ones. Don't look at what it brings you immediately, because all sin brings immediste and temporary pleaure, but look at the fruit its producing. God's word says that the wages of sin is death. Think of sin as a type of poison. The more highly concentrated it is the faster it brings death. We need to stop eating from the diseased tree of hollywood and woke culture and turn to Christ who is the tree of life!

A healthy tree cannot bear bad fruit, nor can A DISEASED TREE bear good fruit. Matthew 7:18

Lamentations 3:40-41
English Standard Version
40 LET US TEST AND EXAMINE OUR WAYS,
and return to the Lord!
41 Let us lift up our hearts and hands
to God in heaven:

Haggai 1:5-7
King James Version
5 Now therefore thus saith the Lord of hosts; Consider your ways.

6 Ye have sown much, and bring in little; ye eat, but ye have not enough; ye drink, but ye are not filled with drink; ye clothe you, but there is none warm; and he that earneth wages earneth wages to put it into a bag with holes.

7 Thus saith the Lord of hosts; Consider your ways.

Lyfe

Star
Satan and demon spirits will seek to use and exploit your surroundings and elements within the culture to try and dismay you. I want to point out that mentioning him is not the same as glorifying him or his finite capabilities, but its definitely a reminder and a heads up to STAY ALERT and remain sober minded. Expect his fiery arrows and his schemes.

Satan is merely a created foe. He is defeated and his kingdom is subject to the name of Jesus, but dont think he cant meddle and sabatoge your coming and going. David knew that God was supreme and fully able to rescue and protect him from every peril, but at the same time he also acknowledged that his foes were still MIGHTY enough to distress him.

Psalm 69:4
English Standard Version
4 More in number than the hairs of my head
are those who hate me without cause;
MIGHTY ARE THOSE who would destroy me,
those who attack me WITH LIES.

Psalm 143:3-4
English Standard Version
3 For THE ENEMY HAS PURSUED MY SOUL;
HE HAS CRUSHED MY LIFE to the ground;
he has made me sit in darkness like those long dead.
4 Therefore my spirit faints within me;
my heart within me is appalled.

1 Peter 5:8-9
Amplified Bible
8 Be sober [well balanced and self-disciplined], BE ALERT AND CAUTIOUS at all times. THAT ENEMY OF YOURS, THE DEVIL, PROWLS AROUND like a roaring lion [fiercely hungry], SEEKING SOMEONE TO DEVOUR. 9 But resist him, be firm in your faith [against his attack—rooted, established, immovable], knowing that the same experiences of suffering are being experienced by your brothers and sisters throughout the world. [You do not suffer alone.]

Revelation 2:10
English Standard Version
10 Do not fear what you are about to suffer. Behold, THE DEVIL IS ABOUT TO THROW SOME OF YOU INTO PRISON, that you may be tested, and for ten days you will have tribulation. Be faithful unto death, and I will give you the crown of life.

1 Thessalonians 2:18
English Standard Version
18 because we wanted to come to you—I, Paul, again and again—BUT SATAN HINDERED US.

Luke 22:31-32
English Standard Version

31 “Simon, Simon, behold, SATAN DEMANDED TO HAVE YOU,[a] that he might SIFT YOU like wheat, 32 but I have prayed for you that your faith may not fail. And when you have turned again, strengthen your brothers.”

Lyfe

Star
...what's unfortunate is that satans kingdom very often sabotages relationships and will even pit people against one another. In scripture it says says that it was actually satan who had put it in the heart of one of Jesus disciples to betray him. What influence to acctually be able to enter into a person and then put it in their heart to betray someone!

If someone has not become a child of God(through turning to and receiving Christ) and been translated into his protective custody then that means the domain of darkness still has a legal claim over them. I see allot of memes about narcissists and people lamenting about broken marriages. It's completely scriptural(and not just my opinion) that evil spirits subvert families and even individuals if they are given a right to do so. If someone belongs to Christ then the enemy no longer has ownership over that person. Scripture says that God "hath delivered us from THE POWER OF DARKNESS, and hath TRANSLATED us into the kingdom of his dear Son:[Colossians 1:13]". If someone is not in Christ then the the enemy can use use them against anyone depending on how many doors they have opened. Scripture says our wrestle is not against flesh and blood enemies. If you are in Christ then be prepared for the enemy to use people to oppose you. Pray for them and love them through the power of God's holy spirit within you! ❤

2 Timothy 2:24-26
New Living Translation
24 A servant of the Lord must not quarrel but must be kind to everyone, be able to teach, and be patient with difficult people. 25 Gently instruct those who oppose the truth. Perhaps God will change those people’s hearts, and they will learn the truth. 26 Then they will come to their senses and escape from the devil’s trap. FOR THEY HAVE BEEN HELD CAPTIVE by him TO DO WHATEVER HE WANTS.

Ephesians 2:2
English Standard Version
following the course of this world, following THE PRINCE OF THE POWER OF THE AIR, the SPIRIT THAT IS NOW AT WORK in the sons of disobedience—

Last edited:

Lyfe

Star
Satan has created many counterfeit spiritualities and religious systems. Scripture warns us that in the latter times many would follow and adhere to the teachings of seducing spirits and doctrines of demons. What is more seductive than the idea of an enroute to God that doesn't shed negative light on ones own personal sin? What's more appealing than a world where there is no conviction of sin or wrongdoing? Sin is always the problem and the new age minimizes sin and accountability to God.

Satan is the deceiver of the whole world and always comes as an angel of light. The demonic influence over society, people's minds and thoughts is very real. It is sad , because the new age basically teaches salvation through continual enlightenment, forms of meditation, and knowledge as opposed to the love of God in Christ. We were created as relationship oriented beings so it only makes sense that the love and relationship of God is the only thing that could give a person what they are really looking for. People everywhere are looking after love and are not interested in worthless knowledge. That's why salvation through reading endless new age books is a dead end. The new age is all about possessing salvation through secret and hidden knowledge whereas The Bible teaches salvation through the love of a tender hearted creator God and being reconciled to him. Satan wants you to pursue his counterfeit new age teaches. He knows you were created to be an object of God's amazing love and he knows it's the only thing that can truly satisfy the human heart!

1 John 4:7-12
English Standard Version
God Is Love
7 Beloved, let us love one another, for love is from God, and whoever loves has been born of God and knows God. 8 Anyone who does not love does not know God, because God is love. 9 In this the love of God was made manifest among us, that God sent his only Son into the world, so that we might live through him. 10 In this is love, not that we have loved God but that he loved us and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins. 11 Beloved, if God so loved us, we also ought to love one another. 12 No one has ever seen God; if we love one another, God abides in us and his love is perfected in us.

Lyfe

Star
There are many who contend it's not biblical to pray directly against evil spirits or spiritual attacks. If someone has walked with and sought to live for Christ for any extended period of time then they will come to experience many instances where their peace(soundness of mind) in Christ just of nowhere becomes interrupted by strong and sudden thoughts(or desires). It almost feels as if there is a conflict taking place in and around the mind. Thoughts that aren't normal, but rather persistent and nagging and even compelling you into doing something that is against your will. Thoughts that you know should not be there, but still continually harass your mind nonetheless. These thoughts could be as simple as a distraction nagging you to check your phone or focus on what's for dinner while you are attempting to pray. They could be constant evil suspicions. It could be sports related. It doesn't matter so long they URGE and COMPEL to the degree that they consume your mind when attempting to submit to the will of God.

I don't believe that is the flesh. I believe this should be recognized as a spiritual attack especially when the thoughts overwhelm your mind and strongly urge you into doing or thinking something that contradicts your will. Scripture says that our "WRESTLE" (CONFLICT) is acctually NOT against flesh and blood enemies. It's against satans kingdom.

The actual focus should never be on our adversary, but then again there is much biblical precedence for praying directly against him(if necessary) and what he is doing.

If you read the book of psalms you will discover that David was ALWAYS praying against his enemies and that their plans against him would not prosper. Some of his prayers would probably even seem bizarre like calling down fire from heaven to consume God's adversaries. This seems strange to the natural mind, but it was the spirit of God at work through him that led him to pray these prayers through the psalms. God's ways are not our ways.

The truth is if you are walking with Christ then at some point and time the powers of darkness will come directly against your mind. Jesus didn't ignore the enemy when he came against his mind. He directly confronted the voice that was seeking to distract him from God's mission.

Matthew 4:10
“AWAY FROM ME, SATAN!” Jesus declared. “For it is written: ‘Worship the Lord your God and serve Him only.’ ”

David frequently prayed against his adversaries all throughout the Psalms. In Christ we are given authority against the forces of evil and spiritual attacks. If we feel overwhelmed we should never hesitate to use our authority in Christ and just simply command those voices to shutup and be gone in Jesus name. It may seem silly to you, but keep telling them to shutup and be gone in the name of Jesus. I can't count how many times this has brought me immediate peace and relief when I begin to perceive that I am in the midst of a spiritual attack coming against my mind. It works!

Psalm 118:10-13
English Standard Version
10 All nations surrounded me;
IN THE NAME OF THE LORD I CUT THEM OFF!
11 They surrounded me, surrounded me on every side;
12 They surrounded me like bees;
they went out like a fire among thorns;
13 I was pushed hard,[a] so that I was falling,
but the Lord helped me.

1 Thessalonians 5:17
King James Version
17 Pray without ceasing.

Ephesians 6:16-18
English Standard Version
16 In all circumstances take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming darts of the evil one; 17 and take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God, 18 PRAYING AT ALL TIMES IN THE SPIRIT, with all prayer and supplication. To that end, KEEP ALERT with all perseverance, making supplication for all the saints,

Exodus 17:11
King James Version
11 And it came to pass, WHEN MOSES HELD UP HIS HAND, that ISRAEL PREVAILED: and when he let down his hand, Amalek prevailed.