The Wilds and MK-Ultra

Mr.Anderson

Veteran
Just finished watching the first season. Pretty good show, actually, and i'm looking foward the next season.

Altough it is a teen drama series, the ammount of agenda themes isn't that much, just enough to fill the selling point quota.

That said, i've noticed some topics regarding mk-ultra and trauma-based mind control, so naturally, the next few topics will be spoilerific.

Spoilers ahead:

1. Handlers:
The show is about a group of girls that end up stranded in a deserted island. Except this is no accident and they are hand picked girls chosen to be part of a social experiment to prove that women can lead up a better society than men. To steer the experiment in the right direction there are two handlers (called agents and infiltrated in the brazilian dub) that were supossed to guarantee minimum security to the participants, rely information to the experimenters and low key tip the group with ideas to lead the next "phases" of the experiment. One of the handlers dies before coming to the island, but she has a backpack loaded with different kinds of drugs.

2. Disassociation:
One of the characters, Shelby Goodkind, is a closeted devout christian. She is initially portraiyed as a happy go luck person, but the more she progresses in the story the more her mental health decays, up to the point that when she appears in the flashfoward talking to other handlers she has shaved her head and the psychologist handler straightfoward tells she is in a dissociative state, and wearing a black suit will make her talk (since she is a "good girl" she will respond better to authority). She spends the later half the first season constantly saying "i know who i am" and stuff like that.

3. Drugs
The island part is a flashback. In the real timeline the girls are kept in a underground facility where they are interviewed. The girls are suffering from mental abuse and they're constantly drugged, specially the supossed "main" character who has been drugged more times that I can count now.

Well, there are some other things but the text is too long now for my standards. I'll update some more when things get steam after the second season is released.

Aero

Superstar
Pretty good show, actually, and I'm looking forward to the next season.
Thanks for the spoiler warning, but where was the trigger warning?

Just kidding, the show sounds like something I would be interested in. I've been trying to stimulate my memory to see repressed trauma. Apparently, I just remembered my teachers used to pick on me as a kid. Which isn't shocking; I need to know why I blacked it out for so long.

I'm convinced that my teachers had handlers. And given the era I grew up in, they were probably drugged. Like how else can a moral and ethical compass be so busted? If that's all true, the mission, in my case seems pretty basic and typical. MK Ultra or whatever program was looking for unwanted kids. And that's not like being chosen. It's like being picked up from the side of the road.

What's a mind drone supposed to say? Yes, damn those bastards that picked me up off the side of the road.

Mr.Anderson

Veteran
Thanks for the spoiler warning, but where was the trigger warning?
The show does have some trigger warnings, before some episodes, hehe.

I think you might like it. There are some minor details I left out, but they do align with your story. Specially regarding the fact that all characters in the island are supossed to be 16 ~ 17 and they come in different archetypes, but all of them are abused in a way or another.