The Wild West

polymoog

Superstar
some great photos.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4642942/19th-century-photos-reveal-world-Wild-West-saloons.html

Gamblers play Faro, a French card game, at a saloon in Bisbee, Arizona, in this late 19th century photograph. Gambling was a quintessential part of saloons, but the combination of liquor, money and hot-tempers meant that any gambler had to brush up on his shooting skills as well as his card-playing

A trio of cowboys enjoy a drink while conversing with the barman at the Equity Bar in Old Tascosa, northern Texas, 1907. For years Tascosa was considered the cowboy capital of Texas. Its remote location, combined with a population hardened by years in the West, made its saloons perfect places for fugitives to escape to

Last edited:

polymoog

Superstar
[

The Bob Saloon in Miles City, Montana, circa 1880. Life was hard on the frontier, so men had little to do after a hard day's work but drink and 'let loose' in their local saloon - even if that just meant having a few beers on the porch, as seen here

Judge Roy Bean's eccentric saloon in Langtry, on the Texas/Mexico border, late 19th century. Bean was a local lawman who called himself 'The Law West of Pecos'. He had a very unique style of approaching law enforcement. It's claimed his first act as a lawman was to shoot up the saloon of a competitor. He would reportedly choose jurors for their bar customs

Last edited:

polymoog

Superstar

Dance! Seven men in an unknown saloon, possibly in Wyoming, shoot down at the floor, forcing another man to jump and 'dance' to avoid the bullets. While the cowboys have all their revolvers pointed at the man's feet, the bartender is aiming his semi-automatic German Mauser straight at the unlucky bar-goers head.

A saloon bar in Wyoming, late 19th century. The varied and often shady backgrounds of saloons' regular patrons meant that curiosity was often considered impolite. Backgrounds were asked about, but not demanded. It was also expected to treat the man standing next to you to a drink

Alcohol is nonetheless forbidden though. I cannot judge them and i don't know whether they had received that message or not however.

I think people ought to have realized that God Exists and they ought to have sought out the truth concerning what He Expects of them.

Anyway, this sure seems like they are having a good time and i cannot except anticipate that i will certainly get to enjoy that after death.

polymoog

Superstar
Alcohol is nonetheless forbidden though. I cannot judge them and i don't know whether they had received that message or not however.
I think people ought to have realized that God Exists and they ought to have sought out the truth concerning what He Expects of them.
Anyway, this sure seems like they are having a good time and i cannot except anticipate that i will certainly get to enjoy that after death.

alcohol is forbidden for whom? that was part of the lifestyle of the old west. if you look at this period objectively and without religious glasses on, youll see that it was truly a free time in america. bad things were going on like any other period, but men were men back then, women were treated with respect, and sheriffs laid down the law.
organic food, leather, cotton, and linen, no plastic crap, mostly hand-made items. blacksmiths and cartwrights. bless the old west.

I know. Forbidden for the people of Muhammad, the Last Prophet for the last of Earth's people.

I was just saying that life's indeed better without alcohol.

I know it would have been the same for them too even though i dare not judge them.

mecca

Superstar
you are entirely welcome to stay in this time period with smart meters, chemtrails, silicone implants, and nuclear radiation if you like.
Well, I really have no choice. But just because there are a lot of bad things, doesn't mean there aren't good things or that people haven't improved certain aspects of life. And it also doesn't mean that the past was amazingly better, there are problems in every time period. The only difference about the time we're living in now is that we can look back and see what went wrong and keep trying to change/fix it. We have more resources to make the world a continuously better place and I think we should use them.

polymoog

Superstar
it also doesn't mean that the past was amazingly better,

far better then. far worse now. its true that they suffered from low consciousness then, but we have that now, plus we are in a moral depravity tailspin and in the vice of the NWO. we are dumbed down more today than any other time in civilization, and have lower attention spans. we eat more unhealthy foods than ever, the pollution is worse than ever, and are at a low point in humanity.

We have more resources to make the world a continuously better place

thats a double edged sword that is NOT working in our favor. plastics, driverless cars, computers, and sneakers with lights in them are the wrong direction.

Why can't we have both freedom of mind and body?
Yeah, why not? :) Unless God Wants to test your faith just like Joseph was tested and so many other of His elects.

It would be a blessing in disguise indeed. You would have to remain aware and conscious all throughout that it is all His Will and bear with it.

llleopard

Established
you are entirely welcome to stay in this time period with smart meters, chemtrails, silicone implants, and nuclear radiation if you like.
I have to say I appreciate running hot water, contraception, less restrictive female fashion norms, the electric washing machine, fridge and the invention of anesthetic for dental work and surgery. Other wise.....yay the wild west!

polymoog

Superstar
I have to say I appreciate running hot water, contraception, less restrictive female fashion norms, the electric washing machine, fridge and the invention of anesthetic for dental work and surgery. Other wise.....yay the wild west!
life was tough indeed. there is no denying that. bottom line is, llleopard, are the inconveniences worth the lifestyle of clean living and freedom?