The Virginia Insurrection

Lurker

Star
I think I saw an article that at least one Virginia sheriff was considering deputizing most of the citizenry. Boom. Mic drop.

I fucking hate the gun grabbers. I'll take dangerous freedom all day long. Give (time served) felons guns too.

TC1968

Established
I think I saw an article that at least one Virginia sheriff was considering deputizing most of the citizenry. Boom. Mic drop.

I fucking hate the gun grabbers. I'll take dangerous freedom all day long. Give (time served) felons guns too.
The big problem with Virginia is not the gun grabbers (they always are going to be after guns, no surprise there), its the idiots in the state Republican Party hierarchy who let the Democrats redistrict most of their state, then ran a bunch of wishy washy Rino types, or no candidates at all in the last election. My state (Washington) has the same problem, they keep running Rino types for Governor, and and give nothing but casual support to actual conservative candidates in more rural areas of the state. The Republican Party bigwigs in both states are inept, completely spineless, and fold the minute media or wacky left puts any kind of pressure on them. The good news is for Virginia they have managed to piss off enough people that they might be able to dig themselves out of that mess, Washington on the other hand is going to be in the death grip of the Seattle left for a long time to come.

Sunshine

Established
I don't get why people think that Virginia is still a red, or even purple state. 10 of the 12 most affluent cities in the nation are in northern Virginia, all suburbs of DC. That money has been trickling down into the local govts long enough to embed a substantial number of dyed-in-the wool liberals in most, if not all, of the positions of any power within the state.

Good luck to any good-old-boys still there. I don't like guns, personally, but I like the idea of a Constitutionally guaranteed right being infringed upon a lot less. This back-door, state-by-state attempt to disarm legally carrying citizens is a new approach, and one I certainly hope fails at the outset.

weskrongden

Veteran
I don't get why people think that Virginia is still a red, or even purple state. 10 of the 12 most affluent cities in the nation are in northern Virginia, all suburbs of DC. That money has been trickling down into the local govts long enough to embed a substantial number of dyed-in-the wool liberals in most, if not all, of the positions of any power within the state.

Good luck to any good-old-boys still there. I don't like guns, personally, but I like the idea of a Constitutionally guaranteed right being infringed upon a lot less. This back-door, state-by-state attempt to disarm legally carrying citizens is a new approach, and one I certainly hope fails at the outset.
Don't forget about immigration and changing demographics.

TempestOfTempo

Superstar
It's the biggest factor in the blue vs red and urban vs rural divide in Virginia. If someone wants to talk about the political situation in Virginia in needs to be brought up.
Sure, perhaps this fancy dancer can be called upon to assist in the drawing up of a more fair redistricting plan which will allow for their voices to be heard over the later arrivals into their state right?
1577484792665.png

weskrongden

Veteran
Sure, perhaps this fancy dancer can be called upon to assist in the drawing up of a more fair redistricting plan which will allow for their voices to be heard over the later arrivals into their state right?
View attachment 30116
I don't get the humor. I don't find anything funny about immigrants voting to end the rights of Americans who have been here for generations.

TempestOfTempo

Superstar
I don't get the humor. I don't find anything funny about immigrants voting to end the rights of Americans who have been here for generations.
I find it funny that an immigrant such as your family history would denote you to be...... has such an issue with newer immigrants usurping what little "control" you feel you actually have here.....

weskrongden

Veteran
I find it funny that an immigrant such as your family history would denote you to be...... has such an issue with newer immigrants usurping what little "control" you feel you actually have here.....
Immigrants pre and post 1965, big difference. Of course, we don't have much control but gun rights and free speech rights are among the little we have. Both of which immigrants want to eliminate or severely weaken. Just like how the elites want it. Disarm the masses.

TempestOfTempo

Superstar
Immigrants pre and post 1965, big difference. Of course, we don't have much control but gun rights and free speech rights are among the little we have. Both of which immigrants want to eliminate or severely weaken. Just like how the elites want it. Disarm the masses.
Perhaps your side should do a better job of outreach if you wish to convince the new arrivals in your state to back your politics.

weskrongden

Veteran
Perhaps your side should do a better job of outreach if you wish to convince the new arrivals in your state to back your politics.
I'm not from Virginia. I'm from Ohio. We're a red state with more limited immigration, the way I like it. I don't believe in outreach, they shouldn't be here. Their easily manipulated tools by the elite to turn America into a globalist state with less rights. I'm a nationalist and conservative, no desire to reach out to groups who don't want to assimilate.

TempestOfTempo

Superstar
I'm not from Virginia. I'm from Ohio. We're a red state with more limited immigration, the way I like it. I don't believe in outreach, they shouldn't be here. Their easily manipulated tools by the elite to turn America into a globalist state with less rights. I'm a nationalist and conservative, no desire to reach out to groups who don't want to assimilate.
If you feel that "they" shouldn't be here...... its more likely that "you" shouldn't be here.

weskrongden

Veteran
If you feel that "they" shouldn't be here...... its more likely that "you" shouldn't be here.
Not really. My views are standard for America for most of its history. 1790 Naturalization Act.

It's funny how something like nationalism is dominating in India but when Indians get here they aren't nationalistic. Because they have more of a kinship with their home country and culture and their top priority is bringing more people in who look like them, perhaps?