The VC “Lockdown Christian Fellowship”

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
I received a pastoral telephone call from someone at a church I sometimes attend. She asked me how I was getting on and we chatted for a minute or two. I then asked her what she thought was going on with the coronavirus and if she thought event 201 was suspiciously well timed. The conversation froze! I came to think that there are some things that I just can’t talk with all of my Christian friends about, but need to with some in order to make sense of what is going on in the world!!! In this forum, we deal with some pretty dark stuff that certainly isn’t for every Christian. This got me thinking...

With churches closed and half the world in isolation, I wondered if it might be good moment to create a space on the forum for fellowship and not debate?

Many of Paul’s letters were written to the “believers at _____” and in a sense, even though we span the globe, the Christians here are “the believers at Vigilant Citizen Forums”!

Many of us are in contact in various ways, via email, conversations on the forum itself etc. I suspect there are more followers of Jesus out there that those who regularly respond to threads, and as we are members of one body, we have the chance to serve and build up one another.

In a way, the present crisis has brought the church into the place the early disciples were at, gathering and meeting in private, and sharing the gospel in the public spaces.

425660A6-5803-4ECA-BFCD-DCB839954FA7.jpeg

To introduce yourself, if you believe the “ABCs” of salvation, accept the creed on 1 Corinthians 15 1-4, and are willing to stand up before others and name the Lord Jesus Christ, just message “I’m in” and maybe put your country as well, as a way of letting others know...

Last edited:

JoChris

Superstar
I received a pastoral telephone call from someone at a church I sometimes attend. She asked me how I was getting on and we chatted for a minute or two. I then asked her what she thought was going on with the coronavirus and if you thought event 201 was suspiciously well timed. The conversation froze! I came to think that there are some things that I can’t talk with every one of my Christian friends about, but need to in order to make sense of what is going on in the world!!! In this forum, we deal with some pretty dark stuff that certainly isn’t for every Christian. This got me thinking...

With churches closed and half the world in isolation, I wondered if it might be good moment to create a space on the forum for fellowship and not debate?

Many of Paul’s letters were written to the “believers at _____” and in a sense, even though we span the globe, the Christians here are “the believers at Vigilant Citizen Forums”!

Many of us are in contact in various ways, via email, conversations on the forum itself etc. I suspect there are more followers of Jesus out there that those who regularly respond to threads, and as we are members of one body, we have the chance to serve and build up one another.

In a way, the present crisis has brought the church into the place the early disciples were at, gathering and meeting in private, and sharing the gospel in the public spaces.

View attachment 35205

To introduce yourself, if you believe the “ABCs” of salvation, accept the creed on 1 Corinthians 15 1-4, and are willing to stand up before others and name the Lord Jesus Christ, just message “I’m in” and maybe put your country as well, as a way of letting others know...
I'm in. Australia.

SomeNOBODY0

Rookie
This might be slightly off topic, but I think it is rather odd that the plan for my country entails dishing out money until it becomes a literal fun coupon thanks to the inevitable inflation. Everyone seems pretty happy with free money, but I am rather concerned about where this will lead if Fauci is even half correct and this drags on for a year, let alone two. The degree of coordination on this is noteworthy, and Bill Gates' weirdness on this whole matter is somewhat ominous. I wish more of my peers would take this a little more serious and consider that Jesus Christ did, in fact, promise His return quite some time ago...

SomeNOBODY0

Rookie
Hello Red :) I have lurked for a long time and I must say I have been repeatedly impressed with your demeanor in the face of so many that are so hostile to your witness to Christ, I hope that ain't too weird lol but your conduct has inspired me when I try to share the Good News and things go sour (pretty frequently). I have noticed patterns of powerful people serving evil agendas quite publicly and consolidating power in the process before I was even saved, and I was happy to find a website that discussed how overtly satanic pop culture has become. As you may guess, I fear that the stage is being set for that infamous "little horn", and it seems like the world around me is LOVING it. Also, I suspect we may be in the birthing pains our Lord spoke of.

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
Hate to be the one to ask...but what are we gonna be doing in this thread?
That’s a great question Lisa - rather than the usual debate threads (which certainly have value) I thought it might be good to have somewhere to go, especially for new people the the VCF just to say hi and chat with fellow Christians, build up and edify one another etc.

Lisa

Superstar
How do yall prepare the the end of time?
Prayer is good..and mentally preparing that I might be here through some of the tribulation..one doesn’t know how long their life is anyway..
I also think reading scripture so you know basically what is going to happen in the end times is helpful, having an eye out, so to speak.

How about you?

floss

Star
Prayer is good..and mentally preparing that I might be here through some of the tribulation..one doesn’t know how long their life is anyway..
I also think reading scripture so you know basically what is going to happen in the end times is helpful, having an eye out, so to speak.

How about you?
From my understanding, I'm mentally and spiritually prepared. From the flesh stand point, I have not purchase any TP yet as I'm positive this virus does not cause diarrhea. However, I did exercised my 2nd amendment and grab a small one to protect my girls. Other than that, life goes on as usually for me since my job is "essential".

Lisa

Superstar
From my understanding, I'm mentally and spiritually prepared. From the flesh stand point, I have not purchase any TP yet as I'm positive this virus does not cause diarrhea. However, I did exercised my 2nd amendment and grab a small one to protect my girls. Other than that, life goes on as usually for me since my job is "essential".
Maybe I misunderstood..were you just asking about the virus?

floss

Star
Maybe I misunderstood..were you just asking about the virus?
I believe this virus is part of the end time. I don't think it's going away anytime soon. So whatever you believe you're going to face and how to prepare for it. Right now, the obvious thing is this virus and desperate people wanting to hurt you or your family.

Lisa

Superstar
I believe this virus is part of the end time. I don't think it's going away anytime soon. So whatever you believe you're going to face and how to prepare for it. Right now, the obvious thing is this virus and desperate people wanting to hurt you or your family.
You might be right..or its being used for another purpose altogether. I think prayer is the most important thing in this case. I have been peaceful about it all since it started..and I owe it all to God.