The VC “Lockdown Christian Fellowship”

SolidRock

I received a pastoral telephone call from someone at a church I sometimes attend. She asked me how I was getting on and we chatted for a minute or two. I then asked her what she thought was going on with the coronavirus and if she thought event 201 was suspiciously well timed. The conversation froze! I came to think that there are some things that I just can’t talk with all of my Christian friends about, but need to with some in order to make sense of what is going on in the world!!! In this forum, we deal with some pretty dark stuff that certainly isn’t for every Christian. This got me thinking...

With churches closed and half the world in isolation, I wondered if it might be good moment to create a space on the forum for fellowship and not debate?

Many of Paul’s letters were written to the “believers at _____” and in a sense, even though we span the globe, the Christians here are “the believers at Vigilant Citizen Forums”!

Many of us are in contact in various ways, via email, conversations on the forum itself etc. I suspect there are more followers of Jesus out there that those who regularly respond to threads, and as we are members of one body, we have the chance to serve and build up one another.

In a way, the present crisis has brought the church into the place the early disciples were at, gathering and meeting in private, and sharing the gospel in the public spaces.

View attachment 35205

To introduce yourself, if you believe the “ABCs” of salvation, accept the creed on 1 Corinthians 15 1-4, and are willing to stand up before others and name the Lord Jesus Christ, just message “I’m in” and maybe put your country as well, as a way of letting others know...
I'm In.
England and new to this forum so hello everyone :)

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
I'm in. USA.

Currently, I'm just a non-denominational Christian who believes that God is the Creator, Christ is my Savior, and the Bible is Truth. Some background, I was raised in a seventh-day adventist home all my life.

Also thanks for starting this thread @Red Sky at Morning!
Good to hear from you again! Looks like the USA is in the lead for fellowship members so far!!!

I am nondenominational, evangelical, saved forever by the blood of Jesus Christ, and I can’t wait to get outta here!
We don't belong here, The principles of this world are not compatible with the New man in us. We are strangers and sojourners here. Longing to be with Christ. Every politician and those in authority are responsible to Christ, but instead, they think they are gods. Really!

Dalit

Star
I think I've shared this, but I was saved or initially introduced to Jesus at 6-7 years old right after seeing an illustration in Sunday School of a rock hard heart based on Ezekiel 36:26 (I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you; I will remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh). Yet I wandered away from the Lord or had a warped idea of Him based on being exposed to various things like Word of Faith, etc. I still struggle with wanting to do life on my own or basing my concept of Him contingent on my feelings. I've been the prodigal son and the elder brother simultaneously. I have to remember that God is the good father who runs to His wayward child and loves the elder brother just the same.

JoChris

Superstar
Do any of your pastors have short clips e.g. talking about our current international struggle/s and our role in the world right now?

P.S. It looks like he was walking through one of the local national parks. He is a country boy after all. :)

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
We don't belong here, The principles of this world are not compatible with the New man in us. We are strangers and sojourners here. Longing to be with Christ. Every politician and those in authority are responsible to Christ, but instead, they think they are gods. Really!
I know this song’s style might not be to your taste @Douglas Summers but I love the lyrics!!

SolidRock

Hi @SolidRock

Welcome to the forum - Good to see the UK numbers going up a bit! We we’re doing brief Christian testimonies earlier in the thread if you wanted to add yours? (no pressure though!!)
Thanks. Well, I am a committed follower of Christ since 2005. Before then I was gripped thoroughly by conspiracy theories (learnt too much of anything, really is too much!) there were a lot of other things that plagued me, like the injustice of the world - again, not necessarily wrong on the surface of things but I lived an angry life, drank too much, was completely immoral and did not believe in Jesus and hated charismatic Christianity with a passion because I linked it back to some of the injustices I disliked, like the mind games played on people... Which, sadly some churches continue to do (I just don't understand how people buy into it!). I am still work in progress, there's a lot that still needs changing/dealing with but I can say, finding Christ was the best thing that has ever happened to me. I am totally different to what I was. But as I said, lots yet to be done as the Holy Spirit works with me to help me.
God is good
That's me.

Id like to mention something that seems to becoming more apparent to me - "the veil is coming down" this is the theory that the veil between heaven and earth is being receeded. I also think the scripture your sons and daughters will prophecy in my name, is also coming true.

I know some people think that "heaven visitation" isnt real, but I dont see why it couldnt be, and I see some real consistencies between stories that seem genuine and they are -

People are not allowed to see Gods face, if they are going to return.
They complain of the smell of this world, because there is no decay in heaven.

We are being given testimony after testimony of things, because God is trying to make himself more clear to us.

I seen a post today on facebook, dean braxton has the most convincing medical evidence in regards to this he literally has the documents proving he was dead for over 30 minutes. Hence why he has had such a platform over the years. How can we deny these things if they can show they literally died? to me, some of this is about unbelief and doubt. Faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of God.

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
Id like to mention something that seems to becoming more apparent to me - "the veil is coming down" this is the theory that the veil between heaven and earth is being receeded. I also think the scripture your sons and daughters will prophecy in my name, is also coming true.

I know some people think that "heaven visitation" isnt real, but I dont see why it couldnt be, and I see some real consistencies between stories that seem genuine and they are -

People are not allowed to see Gods face, if they are going to return.
They complain of the smell of this world, because there is no decay in heaven.

We are being given testimony after testimony of things, because God is trying to make himself more clear to us.

I seen a post today on facebook, dean braxton has the most convincing medical evidence in regards to this he literally has the documents proving he was dead for over 30 minutes. Hence why he has had such a platform over the years. How can we deny these things if they can show they literally died? to me, some of this is about unbelief and doubt. Faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of God.

I heard Jim Sepulvida speak many years ago - he was definitely truthful and I personally saw a friend healed of a twisted, arthritic spine during one of his meetings (she came with us by “chance”)...