The VC “Lockdown Christian Fellowship”

floss

Star
How do you guys deal with realizing Christmas, Easter...etc aren't legitimate practices of true Christianity? (I'm not as indoctrinated as my fellow churches, but I do love them dearly). It's already hard enough trying to convince them vaccines are bad...
@elsbet

Tidal

Star
How do you guys deal with realizing Christmas, Easter...etc aren't legitimate practices of true Christianity?

Yeah the feasting and gluttony of Christmas are a no-no, but true Christians don't do "gluttony"..:)
As for Easter, it's just a harmless way of remembering that some bloke died on a cross for us.

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
This is quite a story!

Burnley's Pastor Mick - from dangerous drug dealer to lifesaver

Two weeks ago, millions of people watched Pastor Mick Fleming and Father Alex Frost on BBC News, feeding and clothing the poor in Burnley. Many were moved by their work, and since then they have received more than £250,000 in donations.

But Mick's life wasn't always about love and care. He was once a dangerous, violent drug user and dealer, covering up painful childhood memories. Until a single moment changed everything.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/stories-55273677

Last edited:

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
“Joy to the World” - I know that this song is not on your typical list of carols but I love the sheer joy of the people in the song!!!

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
Well...

Long after this thread was started we are still in lockdown! There is an exhortation not to forsake gathering together, but I find within myself the desire to tune out, stock the cupboards up, do some exercise at home and wait this all out. Meanwhile tectonic shifts are happening in the world!!!

Anyway, I found this encouraging this morning in the light of the way I have been feeling...

Eldesande

Established
He said "Take up your cross". That requires action on a person's part if I'm not mistaken. God doesn't give us sheets of instructions but we have to step out in faith, so to speak. Of course He prepares us but it is we who are the body, right? So we can't expect to do much good when we're distracted with ourselves or our lives, which is where I find myself way too often. That's what I got from the video but others would get more profound messages.
You can start "doing good" by educating yourself about the importance of life-saving vaccines. :)