The VC “Lockdown Christian Fellowship”

TokiEl

Superstar
We have been given a specific timeline until the Christ and the Antichrist in Daniel 9:24-27... so it's really frustrating when people still opinionate about the Antichrist.

When they can't trust what's written in God's book... then what can i say ?

I will not waste my time 4eva.

Lily-Blue

Established
You’ve been pondering those verses after watching that video?
Lol! I think that video would make everyone ponder different things, there's no telling what. In my case, I'm pondering why He never leaves me. I'm one of the people on the safety platform/deck in the video, concerned with everything except taking up my cross.

Last edited:

Lisa

Superstar
I will not waste my time 4eva.
Go do something more worth your time then...

Lol! I think that video would make everyone ponder different things, there's no telling what. In my case, I'm pondering why He never leaves me. I'm one of the people on the safety platform/deck in the video, concerned with everything except taking up my cross.
That video seemed to have an objective to it so I can’t see how you would ponder other things after watching it.

Maybe its not time for you to take up your cross. God does have His timing..and...He prepares you for what He has planned for you. It’s not you who decides the good works you are gonna do..but God.
Ephesians‬ ‭2:8-10‬ ‭
For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; not as a result of works, so that no one may boast. For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand so that we would walk in them.

Proverbs‬ ‭16:9‬ ‭
The mind of man plans his way, But the LORD directs his steps.

TokiEl

Superstar
What does my post count have to do with you saying that you thought you were wasting your time here? Lol
Do not disrupt truths... that is do not opinionate contrary to what the shepherde has already said.

Lily-Blue

Established
Go do something more worth your time then...

That video seemed to have an objective to it so I can’t see how you would ponder other things after watching it.

Maybe its not time for you to take up your cross. God does have His timing..and...He prepares you for what He has planned for you. It’s not you who decides the good works you are gonna do..but God.
Ephesians‬ ‭2:8-10‬ ‭
For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; not as a result of works, so that no one may boast. For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand so that we would walk in them.

Proverbs‬ ‭16:9‬ ‭
The mind of man plans his way, But the LORD directs his steps.
He said "Take up your cross". That requires action on a person's part if I'm not mistaken. God doesn't give us sheets of instructions but we have to step out in faith, so to speak. Of course He prepares us but it is we who are the body, right? So we can't expect to do much good when we're distracted with ourselves or our lives, which is where I find myself way too often. That's what I got from the video but others would get more profound messages.

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
I came across these words from the New Living Translation from 2 Tim 2:-

23Again I say, don’t get involved in foolish, ignorant arguments that only start fights. 24A servant of the Lord must not quarrel but must be kind to everyone, be able to teach, and be patient with difficult people. 25Gently instruct those who oppose the truth. Perhaps God will change those people’s hearts, and they will learn the truth. 26Then they will come to their senses and escape from the devil’s trap. For they have been held captive by him to do whatever he wants.

This seemed to me to be particularly relevant to the way we relate to each other in discussions! (I was just watching the video below that was discussing the issue)

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
In case anyone is interested, there is an upcoming Zoom conference organised by Answers in Genesis taking place:-

World Religions & Cults Conference Live Online

31st October 2020

“It’s increasingly common to meet people of other religions in the workplace, on the street, at school or university or even living next door to us. So how do we reach Muslims, Jewish people, Jehovah’s Witnesses, Mormons and Atheists? Our World Religions & Cults Conference, LIVE online on Saturday 31st October 2020, will equip you with much of what you need to know.
We encourage you to register for this webinar soon as there is limited access, and at just £5 for 7 talks, we expect high interest. Zoom access details will be emailed to you upon registration.”

Tidal

Star
To introduce yourself, if you believe the “ABCs” of salvation, accept the creed on 1 Corinthians 15 1-4, and are willing to stand up before others and name the Lord Jesus Christ, just message “I’m in” and maybe put your country as well, as a way of letting others know...

What exactly are the ABC's of salvation?
As for 1 Cor 15:1-4, yay..:)

The Risen Christ, Faith’s Reality
"4: ..and that He was buried, and that He rose again the third day according to the Scriptures"

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
What exactly are the ABC's of salvation?
As for 1 Cor 15:1-4, yay..:)

The Risen Christ, Faith’s Reality
"4: ..and that He was buried, and that He rose again the third day according to the Scriptures"

The “ABCs” are a simple mnemonic that sets out what has been called the “Romans Road” to salvation.

ED9CCC4C-AD1E-4DFB-B812-DD1493AA3B0B.jpeg

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
Of course, the explanation above can sound somewhat simplistic to some, and more “literary minded” folk may prefer a more nuanced exploration of what “being a Christian” really means, e.g:-

Last edited:

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
Long shot, but just in case people are wanting to do something other than Trick or Treat on Halloween, there is a conference on “world religions and cults” organised by Ken Ham’s organisation, Answers in Genesis. I have signed up anyway - It seemed like a better use of my time than sitting watching Ghostbusters and eating toffee apples, and is a great day to engage with these topics:-

Isaiah 59:19

19 So shall they fear the name of the Lord from the west, and his glory from the rising of the sun. When the enemy shall come in like a flood, the Spirit of the Lord shall lift up a standard against him.