The Universality Of God

Kung Fu

Superstar
Well, to be fair, most people don't condone having side chicks or mistresses in today's society, even if plenty of people practice that. That's why in most relationships you would want to hide your side chicks from your spouse. Personally, I think society is still far too puritanical in this regard, though there isn't much I can do about it personally haha. Humans weren't really designed to be monogamous, if we were we'd all have tiny little peckers like gorillas, so it's natural for us to want to be with other partners even if we are in love with only one person. Society in general is still very set on us being monogamous for life though.
That's just it though. Because we as a society have been conditioned by Christian doctrine to only know one woman that people have to hide their other girlfriends, prostitutes, and side chicks so as not to be ridiculed by people who also most likely fantasize and or have multiple partners in their lives. Hypocrisy everywhere.

And I agree with you in that males always want generally more than one partner and remains the same with animals outside of humans as well. Since the beginning of time men, prophets, kings, lords, knights, army hordes have always had more than one woman in their lives. It's biological within us to want more than one woman.

What is sufism??????????

I would like to know because I think people portray sufism as this hippie "ya know all the religions are really the same" religion and not as specifically Islamic.... I just don't think that's a true depiction and I think they twist sufism for their own agenda but that's just my theory

sufis were spiritual seekers who embraced islam.
by the 9th century when information about them was gathered, they were living ascetic type lives.
they were given the name 'sufi' apparently (because it's only speculation) because they wore wool...'suf' and another theory is they were 'pure' and so the word safa indicates purity.
I would go as far as to say the name sufi came from greek word 'sophia' meaning wisdom...and this group were theosophists (not to be confused with modern masonic t theosophy). They found the prophet, asked him questions and accepted islam.
They clearly existed as a group already.

They were definitely orthodox sunnis...ie the foundation of the 4 steps is shariah..so you couldnt become a sufi unless you were a proper practicing muslim.
On initiation, you could only progress depending on your level and obv if you were someone who neglected the rules, you would not progress.

However as time goes on, as you can imagine a lot of pretenders took over and many sufi orders sprang up, many got taken over by the worst type of people. So today, there is barely a sufi islam left.
I think one of the best sufis in the last few decades was Bawa muhaiyadeen..

As for the hippie type sufis, that's in large part due to universal sufism which basically came to the west and took on followers from different religions. The irony is that the founder of universal sufism, was inayat khan...and he is one of my all time fav sufis.
Similar to him, i have an approach to religion that combines ideas from other religions but i am def a muslim just as he was.

floss

Star
married people....... CUDDLE????????? WHERE ARE THE POLICE WHAT ARE THEY DOING CALL THE POLICE
we're talking about sexual desires while one is fasting to God. Apparently she is ok with sex during her Ramadan month

manama

Star
we're talking about sexual desire while one is fasting to God. Apparently she is ok is sex during her Ramadan month
kiss isn't sex, you lonely virgin

someone give this guy the birds and bees talk

@floss did you even read the post where i quoted a hadith from sahih bukhari?

@floss i didn't know much about you prior to this, but im getting the idea now
you've ignored my post...and i posted directly from sahih bukhari with a hadith which clearly suggested aisha was a different age.
The hadith you're quoting are part of something else...which i pointedo ut was ummayad influence on the hadith collections to further then own position.
it's better for you to understand the real wider context and not just blindly quote from the texts.

Loki

Established
oh..... hell no....... they done got to you too........ Lord have mercy
I've never had an issue with gay people or transgender people. I think some of the things they get upset with are silly and I think some of them take things too far, but I could say that about literally any group of people. People are more complex than society necessarily allowed for in the past. I don't see anything wrong with it personally.

And the way things go, in a hundred years we (well, I'll be dead) will be talking about how the kids today aren't embracing gender fluidity any more and prefer to be traditional in their gender beliefs.

Loki

Established
ps: daily fast lasts from sunrise to sunset. you can have sex after ending the fast. Nobody said "do nothing the whole month"
Honestly, if you guys all managed to not eat for an entire month and lived, I'd definitely say there is something to your religion over others :D

Kung Fu

Superstar
Honestly, if you guys all managed to not eat for an entire month and lived, I'd definitely say there is something to your religion over others :D
I've been fasting for 6 years now since I converted to Islam and it has been awesome. I still train, look amazing, and give my body rest from all the junk and extra food I eat throughout the year.

manama

Star
not eating for 30 days straight is unhealthy LOL there are some religions where people fast for 40-60 days straight.
But fasting is just us controlling our desires in a day, realizing the pain of those who got nothing and giving them what we can. And being thankful for the blessings when the fast ends.

idk what youd get from fasting 50 days straight and become a walking mummy

Loki

Established
I've been fasting for 6 years now since I converted to Islam and it has been awesome. I still train, look amazing, and give my body rest from all the junk and extra food I eat throughout the year.
Yeah, while I don't do it myself, I think fasting is perfectly fine. I just meant not eating AT ALL for an entire month.