The tyranny of Pop music by Roger Scruton

JustAMan

Rookie
LOL :D

By the way.. did you know that her song 'Like a Virgin' was written by a man? Gives the song a whole new weird perspective.
Did not know this! Further to this looking at the relationship between song writers (and producers) and performers you can see patterns of style and sound. It can be come very uniform.

Stephania

Star
Did not know this! Further to this looking at the relationship between song writers (and producers) and performers you can see patterns of style and sound. It can be come very uniform.
I actually heard a recording of what was (I think- from what I can remember-) the guy who wrote it singing it while playing guitar. In any case.. it sounded hilarious in male form. 'Your favorite band sucks' YouTube channel exposed this. They can be pretty funny sometimes. They actually had so much material on the 'material girl' that it took 2 videos to lambast her instead of the usual 1 they do on bands and artists.
@Awoken2 have you seen those? You might get a laugh out of them.

Awoken2

Superstar
Link to the thread? please.
This thread starts off by examining how a couple of media events were foreshadowed by certain artists but as you go through you will see endless examples of how particular scenarios are repeatedly conveyed through mainstream music artists.

The reach some of these pop stars have with the help of the alphabet owned social media platforms is staggering. Some Lady Gaga and Taylor Swift vids now are getting viewed by 1.5 billion people. There isn't a politician that's ever lived that could have spoke to 1.5 billion people, irrespective of whatever they had to say but with music artists the punter willingly listens to these people for hours every week whilst they relax.

Do you think TPTB would allow this industry to just go along organically just for peoples enjoyment? Hell no! TPTB want to get into our kids minds at the earliest opportunity so the music industry is as controlled as our fake media.

The message that they are pushing is all a little bit apocalyptic for me. If you go through the entire thread you may see what I mean.

Awoken2

Superstar
What the hell is funny here? I
The jokers who post here pretending to be genuine. I find them hysterical. If you cannot see or recognise them that's too bad.

I understand that you only care about your posts.. and even tried to get me kicked off of here months ago for replying to my stalkers
If you are going to have an emotional outburst please spare me the theatre. I have only ever reported one poster here and that was because they made a comment about my late mother. They weren't warned, they are still here baiting me wherever I post. From that point on I have never bothered reporting anybody...because it's pointless. Your above statement is totally incorrect.

But apparently.. you think everything is funny including your end times programming posts
Can't you see the absurdity of the situation? A conspiracy forum which is pretty much saturated with people pushing the belief that the world is going to end the Old Testament way? Any suggestion that forthcoming catastrophes are actually going to be perpetrated by a bunch of men and have fuck all do to with any God is by bumped off these boards by even more unrequested bible passages. It's blatant, it's in your face and it's laughable. I'll quote RDP here who summarised this point quite well in another thread.

"It's scary to think that satanic elites could manufacture an apocalyptic crisis and hundreds of millions of Christians would just mindlessly slurp it up like end-times Kool Aid, so long as a few allusions to their precious Revelations were thrown their way as dots for them to connect"

As far as the rest of your post is concerned, save it for the next poster, it's water off a ducks back to me. I'm not interested in your petty popularity contests. For every serious post I make I'll try and balance that out with some humour. It helps with sanity...you should try it. It works.