The Truth About Movements Such As Black Lives Matter

DesertRose

Superstar
I'm not really asking anyone to agree with me. I'm not fond of the organization and have no real opinion of the movement.
Their options are limited due to a lack of economic clout.
They are being gunned down even the kids have no reprieve.
Every movement gets subverted by the controller snakes (like Soros)and it is their goons that instigate violence.
I am curious what suggestions would you bring forth to stop their murder by the enforcers of the system?

Haich

Superstar
Everyone knows someone with a shitty start to life and I'm not saying struggle is specific to the black community at all but they just seem to be prone to it moreso than other communities, well here in the U.K. anyway

I blame the destruction of the family home which is such a never ending theme in African and Caribbean communities

Haich

Superstar
Plus from what I gather this whole BLM started when many young black teens were gunned down and man handled by the police

It gained notoriety in the run up to the US elections so maybe it was a ploy to sway public interest? Who knows why the media gave it a lot of attention

justjess

Superstar
Plus from what I gather this whole BLM started when many young black teens were gunned down and man handled by the police

It gained notoriety in the run up to the US elections so maybe it was a ploy to sway public interest? Who knows why the media gave it a lot of attention
There were a lot of really horrific police killings going on that brought people to the streets.as I said earlier i don't know or even particularly care who may be behind the funding. Bottom line is people were angry and scared and felt they had been silent for too long. Are protests going to accomplish anything? Probably not. However, when u feel like there should literally nothing else u can do its a time honored tradition to atleast try to get your voice heard and the issue o the table. I know well to do black people, middle class black people and poor black peoples who were all supporting the overall message and many whom protested themselves.

There are still protests going on but our news cycle has been so incredibly dominated by every last title thing trump it's not getting much if any press anymore. If anyone used it to their advantage I would say it's trump because the racist lower class white people who voted for him could justify doing so by how barbaric some of the protestors looked or how offended they were black people were protesting at all.

Couple that with the intense police crackdown on protestors of all sorts which resulted in a decrease of all protests..

rainerann

Star
Every movement gets subverted by the controller snakes (like Soros)and it is their goons that instigate violence.
I am curious what suggestions would you bring forth to stop their murder by the enforcers of the system?
My suggestion that I have made to several people, which often gets brushed off, is that schools in these areas should be able to provide African American history classes at the junior high and high school level or even earlier. Giving these communities the freedom to modify curriculum in this way would educate this generation of their history and give them a greater sense of identity, which is a primary component that was lost during the experience of slavery.

Taking a focused history class on African American history was one of the best things I have ever done. I am confident that if the black community became more educated about their history, it would bring a change and new motivation to continue.

The civil rights movement was effective because they had such a degree of integrity in their communities that no one could legitimately accuse them of not deserving rights based on their behavior. That is what this generation needs to learn, become proud of, and keep close to them as part of a establishing a new identity that can successfully overcome the horrible experience of slavery and give them a greater defense against future persecutions.

DesertRose

Superstar
Okay, but it would be interesting to find out how these schools will get the funding. Second the problem is with systemic racism in enforcement in some areas of the US.
Since they can barely get funding for the basics and necessities.
"educational outcomes for minority children are much more a function of their unequal access to key educational resources, including skilled teachers and quality curriculum, than they are a function of race. In fact, the U.S. educational system is one of the most unequal in the industrialized world, and students routinely receive dramatically different learning opportunities based on their social status. In contrast to European and Asian nations that fund schools centrally and equally, the wealthiest 10 percent of U.S. school districts spend nearly 10 times more than the poorest 10 percent, and spending ratios of 3 to 1 are common within states. Despite stark differences in funding, teacher quality, curriculum, and class sizes, the prevailing view is that if students do not achieve, it is their own fault. If we are ever to get beyond the problem of the color line, we must confront and address these inequalities."
https://www.brookings.edu/articles/unequal-opportunity-race-and-education/

There are excellent books written about this subject.
I read this one a couple of years back and it highlights this phenomenon. here is the book review.
SAVAGE INEQUALITIES - A Book Review
Jonathan Kozol
"Anyone who visits in the schools of East St. Louis, even for a short time, comes away profoundly shaken. These are innocent children, after all. They have done nothing wrong. They have committed no crime. They are too young to have offended us in any way at all. One searches for some way to understand why a society as rich and, frequently, as generous as ours would leave these children in their penury and squalor for so long -- and with so little public indignation. Is this just a strange mistake of history? Is it unusual? Is it an American anomaly?"

http://people.umass.edu/~kastor/walking-steel-95/ws-savage.html

Damien50

Star
Honestly, fighting the system would be my last priority.

I think starting with re-igniting the lost morals and values would be where I would start to serve as a guideline for behavior between blacks and with other races.

I would try neighborhood initiatives through a multi faceted Association of all backgrounds that bring in the homeless, the single parents, the elderly and have the homeless and jobless that could homed and placed in a work environment or a trade. The elderly looked after and overall the communities reinvesting in themselves as much as possible.

Get rid of all the drug dealers with the help of the police and the association.

Bring in locally owned businesses that should offer jobs and want to be in a clean and safe environment.

Start grooming the parks, local centers, helping first time home buyers get a home.

There is a lot but that's where I would start - taking pride in yourself and your surroundings. Not degrading and dehumanizing and glorifying all the wrong things. Treating each other well and the surroundings. There's only so much money can do and morality and values will do more if not initially than for posterity.

@rainerann
I do agree to some extent about knowing one's history especially for the black community that thinks they have it bad when they don't compare to their 60's or before counterparts.

Damien50

Star
Okay, but it would be interesting to find out how these schools will get the funding. Second the problem is with systemic racism in enforcement in some areas of the US.
"educational outcomes for minority children are much more a function of their unequal access to key educational resources, including skilled teachers and quality curriculum, than they are a function of race. In fact, the U.S. educational system is one of the most unequal in the industrialized world, and students routinely receive dramatically different learning opportunities based on their social status. In contrast to European and Asian nations that fund schools centrally and equally, the wealthiest 10 percent of U.S. school districts spend nearly 10 times more than the poorest 10 percent, and spending ratios of 3 to 1 are common within states. Despite stark differences in funding, teacher quality, curriculum, and class sizes, the prevailing view is that if students do not achieve, it is their own fault. If we are ever to get beyond the problem of the color line, we must confront and address these inequalities."

I read this one a couple of years back and it highlights this phenomenon. here is the book review.
Jonathan Kozol
"Anyone who visits in the schools of East St. Louis, even for a short time, comes away profoundly shaken. These are innocent children, after all. They have done nothing wrong. They have committed no crime. They are too young to have offended us in any way at all. One searches for some way to understand why a society as rich and, frequently, as generous as ours would leave these children in their penury and squalor for so long -- and with so little public indignation. Is this just a strange mistake of history? Is it unusual? Is it an American anomaly?"

In my old city we have a high school called Central threat received huge grants for smart boards, Olympic swimming pools, and these other things to improve their education. It's still one of the worst schools in the city while the less funded, test-to-get-in high school Lincoln Prep a public school is the top high school in the state with one the smallest budgets.

It goes beyond money. I attended both schools and they are both predominantly black but there was a sense of class and refinement to the prep school while the heavily funded school was violent and chaotic. I think the parents are a massive influence in both cases. You didn't see parents at central unless someone got suspended or arrested. You always saw parents at Lincoln which had a standard that parents be involved because you had to maintain a 2.5 GPA to remain enrolled.

I really think everything starts in the home and these are some broken, fucked up, ignorant, degrading, and overall unhealthy homes and lifestyles that these kids are raised in. No woman in my family would ever call herself a bitch or a man a n****. There was respect, morals, values, there was a standard to live up to.

We can't control what happens outside our home but we can within.

rainerann

Star

Jonathan Kozol

Well, funding is an issue for all schools in the US. However, whether the schools have more funding or not, there is still a required curriculum that doesn't include a whole lot of focused discussion on African American history. So funding does not need to increase to expand the set curriculum to include an standard elective curriculum that districts could decide to implement or not. Basically, just create a more customizable standard curriculum. This doesn't require additional funding.

I think people would be surprised how much more there is to studying African American history than just learning about Malcolm X or MLK. The civil rights movement actually begins when slavery ended. Even before then. My teacher gave us a book list by African American authors. The only one I remember was written by a freed slave before slavery ended. It was his journal of how his life continued after this. It was fascinating. He worked on ships in the northern states of the US.

There was also a beautiful and intelligent article written by a man shortly after slavery ended where he compared the severity of slavery in the US with slavery described in the Bible. I wish I remember who wrote it.

Then, of course there was Marcus Garvey around the turn of the century who made an impact towards civil rights. There is the study of the way black people were perceived in media before rap music. There were a set number of character a black person could play, but they could never play a female lead role. This would go to a white person. There is really so much more to know about African American history than just talking about Martin Luther King or Malcolm X for a little bit longer. There is a whole unseen history that we could giving these students to help them reclaim a sense of identity.

None of this requires more money than they have at the present time. It would only require changing the rules to be able to teach it. What this would do is give the kids role models at an early age around the time they would start turning to drugs and crime. Hopefully, it would help give them a vision for continuing in their footsteps.

justjess

Superstar
It's a cycle of poverty. It traps people..

All your ideas are great @Damien50 but not so easily implemented. For one I think it's one out of 2 or 3 black men will be in prison or jail at some point in their lives. Yeah they shouldn't be doing anything to get themselves there but 1) culture 2) targeted policing 3) harsher criminal penalties etc - I don't personally know anyone that's gone their whole lives without ever having done anything that could have got them locked up, myself included. Even petty stuff like a bag of weed or shoplifting a candy bar. Once you have a criminal record it's damn near impossible to get a job. My husbands been home two years and is extremely skilled at what he does but there's been points in time where he couldn't even get a job washing dishes at Pizza Hut. Without a job you can't build credit, get reliable transportation outside the cities - which have more opportunities for crime especially to someone that's already been exposed to that's lifestyle and is hitting barrier after barrier trying to do things the right way.. without credit and employment u can't buy a home.. it's a very detailed thorough trap people get stuck in. There's ways out but if u don't have the right kinda of support in your corner how feasible are those paths?

Asking these communities to shoulder the burden of all these things themselves when they already lack resources isn't really fair imo and setting them up to fail.

I could be wrong. I hope I'm wrong. I've just been exposed to these seemingly insurmountable hurdles for a really long time now and maybe I'm jaded idk.

Damien50

Star
Well, funding is an issue for all schools in the US. However, whether the schools have more funding or not, there is still a required curriculum that doesn't include a whole lot of focused discussion on African American history. So funding does not need to increase to expand the set curriculum to include an standard elective curriculum that districts could decide to implement or not. Basically, just create a more customizable standard curriculum. This doesn't require additional funding.

I think people would be surprised how much more there is to studying African American history than just learning about Malcolm X or MLK. The civil rights movement actually begins when slavery ended. Even before then. My teacher gave us a book list by African American authors. The only one I remember was written by a freed slave before slavery ended. It was his journal of how his life continued after this. It was fascinating. He worked on ships in the northern states of the US.

There was also a beautiful and intelligent article written by a man shortly after slavery ended where he compared the severity of slavery in the US with slavery described in the Bible. I wish I remember who wrote it.

Then, of course there was Marcus Garvey around the turn of the century who made an impact towards civil rights. There is the study of the way black people were perceived in media before rap music. There were a set number of character a black person could play, but they could never play a female lead role. This would go to a white person. There is really so much more to know about African American history than just talking about Martin Luther King or Malcolm X for a little bit longer. There is a whole unseen history that we could giving these students to help them reclaim a sense of identity.

None of this requires more money than they have at the present time. It would only require changing the rules to be able to teach it. What this would do is give the kids role models at an early age around the time they would start turning to drugs and crime. Hopefully, it would help give them a vision for continuing in their footsteps.
https://www.amazon.com/Exodus-Emancipation-Biblical-African-American-Slavery/dp/9655240207

?

DesertRose

Superstar
I think starting with re-igniting the lost morals and values would be where I would start to serve as a guideline for behavior between blacks and with other races.

I would try neighborhood initiatives through a multi faceted Association of all backgrounds that bring in the homeless, the single parents, the elderly and have the homeless and jobless that could homed and placed in a work environment or a trade. The elderly looked after and overall the communities reinvesting in themselves as much as possible.

Get rid of all the drug dealers with the help of the police and the association.

Bring in locally owned businesses that should offer jobs and want to be in a clean and safe environment.
Totally agree there....
I think the nation of Islam folks and some church oriented communities are trying to clean up and help the neighborhoods in these endeavors....

Damien50

Star
It's a cycle of poverty. It traps people..

All your ideas are great @Damien50 but not so easily implemented. For one I think it's one out of 2 or 3 black men will be in prison or jail at some point in their lives. Yeah they shouldn't be doing anything to get themselves there but 1) culture 2) targeted policing 3) harsher criminal penalties etc - I don't personally know anyone that's gone their whole lives without ever having done anything that could have got them locked up, myself included. Even petty stuff like a bag of weed or shoplifting a candy bar. Once you have a criminal record it's damn near impossible to get a job. My husbands been home two years and is extremely skilled at what he does but there's been points in time where he couldn't even get a job washing dishes at Pizza Hut. Without a job you can't build credit, get reliable transportation outside the cities - which have more opportunities for crime especially to someone that's already been exposed to that's lifestyle and is hitting barrier after barrier trying to do things the right way.. without credit and employment u can't buy a home.. it's a very detailed thorough trap people get stuck in. There's ways out but if u don't have the right kinda of support in your corner how feasible are those paths?

Asking these communities to shoulder the burden of icing all these things themselves when they already lack resources isn't really fair imo and setting them up to fail.

I could be wrong. I hope I'm wrong. I've just been exposed to these seemingly insurmountable hurdles for a really long time now and maybe I'm jaded idk.
That's why I focused on morals and values and really creating a standard.

Its to me like being a Christian. God sets a standard and until his standard is mine I'm going in circles.

My family set a high and strong standard that hasn't failed any of us for several generations. All but two of us finished high school and we're all middle class for a start. I think standards and structure are the foundation for things like I proposed to be enacted. People want to be apart of good things whether from a monetary aspect or to elevate a persona, ego, status, whatever. so like with what my grandmother did in her community, at some point the money started coming because people wanted to be apart of this to have their names included and so on.

Yet no one will invest in a group that won't invest in themselves.

rainerann

Star
Looks interesting, but no. It was an essay that was written around 1890ish? I wish I could remember what it was called. Either way, there were essays written on the subject by African Americans even in 19th century. I wonder how many people realize this? It wasn't anyone like Fredrick Douglas or another familiar name either. African American history is really much more diverse and complex than the few characters we credit currently in our American history curriculum. It would be beneficial for us all to realize this.

Aero

Superstar
I think that BLM started a national conversation. And that's a good thing, but it really reminds of "occupy wall street". They just don't have strong leadership. MLK and Malcom X were amazing public speakers, they were smart and actually had magnetism.

Who is even in charge of Black Lives Matters? I'm betting 10 out of 10 people have no idea. That's like, a serious problem for a movement. But it was inevitable there would be some response against our shit head police in America. They can't change cops in America though. The government wants our cops liquored up, violent, and stupid. If our police were smart they wouldn't enforce half these laws we have.

DesertRose

Superstar
Memory lane with civil rights leadership in the US such as:
Jamil Abdullah Al-Amin (born Hubert Gerold Brown, October 4, 1943), also known as H. Rap Brown, was the fifth chairman of the Student Nonviolent Coordinating Committee in the 1960s, and during a short-lived (six months) alliance between SNCC and the Black Panther Party, he served as their minister of justice.
Subsequently he reached national leadership level for American Muslim community called the Islamic Shura Council of North America
May Allah free this brother from the prison on false charges.

Imam Jamil on the influence of El Hajj Malik, Malcolm X on the struggle of the oppressed.

Last edited:

Etagloc

Superstar
That's why I focused on morals and values and really creating a standard.

Its to me like being a Christian. God sets a standard and until his standard is mine I'm going in circles.

My family set a high and strong standard that hasn't failed any of us for several generations. All but two of us finished high school and we're all middle class for a start. I think standards and structure are the foundation for things like I proposed to be enacted. People want to be apart of good things whether from a monetary aspect or to elevate a persona, ego, status, whatever. so like with what my grandmother did in her community, at some point the money started coming because people wanted to be apart of this to have their names included and so on.

Yet no one will invest in a group that won't invest in themselves.
For a second I almost wanted to hate you reading this. That it totally illogical but that temptation flashed in the illogical part of my mind because...

you come from generations of "doing the right thing". You probably grew up with your dad. So if you went around your family you would be around people doing... whatever "doing the right thing" looks... I wouldn't know about that.

My dad was a drug dealer but I grew up without him. I don't know really even know who my dad is, I grew up not knowing him.

My family.... I come from generations of drug addicts. My family.... drug addiction, gangbanging, all types of negative stuff.

Now someone can point the finger at the people in family but what else is in my family? Schizophrenia and mental instability. People don't choose to have those sorts of issues.

I mean... if you came from generations of mentally unstable drug addicts, how would you be?

I am not saying it isn't cool for you to come from a good family. Nor am I saying it isn't cool for you to be doing positive things. But if you come from a good family and you simply manage to reproduce the positive, good cycles that you were born into... I mean... it's just rigged.

If you come from a "good" family, it's just rigged- of course you're going to do positive things. If you come from a messed up family, you're going to do other things.

I don't think someone is better or worse because of what family they come from. And that's crazy cuz you can't expect other people to be like what you described if you don't come from the sort of family they come from.

You sound like middle-class from middle-class background and it's not cool that the ones from the slums might look at you funny but I also understand because it's like Kendrick Lamar said, "that's a lifestyle that we never knew". If you're born into some lifestyle you can't get mad at other people for not being born into that lifestyle.

justjess

Superstar
And this is why i say class war underlies it all..

I'm white grew up upper middle class in a stable two parent household with a mainly stay at home mkm.. fell in love with a white boy from "wrong side of tracks", every family he's known has been broken, all his male role models were cheating druggjng scam artists who served time in prison, his dad is rich but money don't buy class and he got rich ripping off poor mainly black people..

I've been with him 17 years and that stuff still hasn't worn off completely.. it's trauma and it's most definately an up hill battle trying to undo it even completely removed from the environment and people who raised him in it.

I think both sides have a point tbh but trying to find a solution is mind boggling with so many different factors at play - societal, familial, cultural etc

Etagloc

Superstar
And the Boondocks Martin Luther King speech... I mean, he had a point but when people are placed under certain conditions, there are laws of nature. But the egg comes from the chicken. You might see an egg and a chicken but the egg came from the chicken.

You have the normalization of abnormality in certain communities but where did that come from? It didn't just appear from nowhere.

And whether you acknowledge this or not, it comes from the system. From the ones with power.

A lot of people don't understand the actual source and don't understand the evil nature of the system (although I'm surprised if that exists here, considering the part of the internet we're on).

But it doesn't matter if they understand the nature of the system or not.

Did you benefit from the structure of things or did it nearly destroy you?

Of course, those who benefit from the structure and the system will want to preserve it and try to defend the system.

But those of us outside that group..... are hungry and want to fill their hunger with the flesh of the system. One day the head of the system will roll, its flesh will be eaten and anyone who wants to intervene will be a victim.

You can think what you like but that day is destined to come and when it does I hope those who want to save the system are quiet and stay out of the way. For their safety. "Stay out of the road if you wanna go home" as Pink Floyd said in their song talking about the exact same thing I'm talking about.