The TRUE BIBLICAL TRUTH; Esau will fall, Jacob will rise

LittleLady

Established
Whoa Charlie, there's some good stuff in the OT and Jesus regularly quoted from it..:)
Incidentally some of the OT prophets foretold the arrival of Jesus, so why don't jews believe their own prophets?
For example the prophet Zechariah prophesied around 520 B.C.-

"Shout, Daughter of Jerusalem! See, your king comes to you, righteous and having salvation, gentle and riding on a donkey, on a colt, the foal of a donkey" (Zechariah 9:9)

Eugh, a White-washed Jesus...see how they don't want you to know the truth?

Hold on a second.

To ANYONE ELSE READING THIS, THIS is why the slave masters forbid the slaves from reading and writing, because they did not want them to know that they were Israelites! No slave master ever sat down with them and told them where they originated because they didn't want the slaves to know! They STILL don't want us to know, because they have White-washed literally everyone in the Bible.

But...for any of my heavenly siblings who are Gods chosen, please know that you have the same bloodline as your creator! You are here for a reason. YOU WERE THE ONE MADE IN HIS IMAGE! You are to abide by Gods law, and help those of other Tribes come back to Yeshua!

Guess what? Just because we are under grace does not mean we should stop following the law of God. People do not seem to understand this. We, being under grace, means that we can repent whenever we unintentionally sin. To willfully sin is wrong, but we can also repent of that too.

Before Christ, people had to sacrifice animals to God whenever they sinned. That is the ONLY difference. We are not to halt in keeping the law of God. Being under grace means we're able to repent, and we don't have to do what people did BEFORE grace.

That is all.

We should still keep the law of God. The law and the commandments are the same anyways. Do you ONLY listen to the 10 commandments? Well if you do, you should also abide by the law of God.

God says he will give mercy on Israel, because example: One of the laws is to not eat pork. What if a homeless Israelite had no choice but to eat pork given to him by a stranger? He would have to eat it in order to survive, which isn't his fault. That is why he's giving mercy unto Israel.

Also, when Jesus came to earth, he specifically said he did NOT come to destroy the law of God.
No, christians don’t have to follow the Jewish law, even though all the laws are there, they were transformed by Jesus. That’s why christians are allowed to turn the lights on on saturdays and can ask God for forgiveness without having to pay the merchants at Jerusalem to do so. All the laws still exist in Christianity but were transformed, spiritualized, people became worshippers in spirit and in truth, not by blood or physical things.
Jesus‘ whole teaching refutes the pharaseic law. When he told people to pray in their rooms? That was illegal, prayer was only done in the temple of Jerusalem. when he asked who was justified, the Samaritan who helped someone in the road or the rabbi who stayed away from them because if he touched that lower class of people he would be ritually unclean? He said the Samaritan. When he helped people on the sabbath? When he stopped the Jews from stoning the woman caught in adultery? Etc. Jesus was murdered by the Jews because he broke their hypocritical laws at every turn, and showed that his righteousness was within,
woe to you scribes and Pharisees who keep all the laws but inside have hatred etc.

Tidal

Star
...To willfully sin is wrong, but we can also repent of that too....
Also, when Jesus came to earth, he specifically said he did NOT come to destroy the law of God..

1- If it's GENUINE TRUE repentance as shown by the guy on the cross next to Jesus, God will possibly cut the sinner some slack.

2- Yes, Jesus left the OT laws in place, such as the one about stoning adulteresses to death, but he set a great example by showing how those laws should always be overuled with compassion, like in this example where he rescued a naughty adulteress from a mob who wanted to stone her to death under the old laws-

Lyfe

Star
This discussion is an example of how disconnected the old and new Testament are from each other. It's quite odd Christianity even chose to attach the Tanakh onto the legends of Jesus. The two epitomize two different eras/time-periods, and possibly an evolution of... personal consciousness (though books like Proverbs and Ecclesistes touch into those areas). The story of Jesus is of a single enlightened Nazarite, almost an addendum to the OT.

Christians honestly don't have a place in this thread, at least if their attempting to bring coherence between the two books.
The Bible is a book of dispensations. There is the dispensation of the law and then there is also the dispensation of grace. The old covenant reveals God as it pertains to his nature as a divine being of morality and perfect justice. It demonstrates the extent of mans sinfulness and Gods holiness and showcases the irreconcilable gulf between the two. It establishes allot of much needed context to the NT in regards to what it is that man needs to be saved from which is the eventual and sure condemnation that sin and rebellion brings from a just and holy God. The OT shows that purely according to the law we are all guilty and reveals Gods just punishment toward sin.

The NT reveals God as the father and his relatablity to man(as we are made in his image) that always existed, yet was shutup from the world cause of sin. In the OT men were classified as servants or rebels, because sinful man could be nothing more to a holy divine God due to sin. Jesus came to reconcile us back to the father through the adoption as sons or daughters which was the initial state of existence before the fall of man. Through Christ God can legally dismiss our case and revoke our sentence, because justice was satisfied on the cross through Christ. Gods predisposition toward us changed once our case was removed as it went from one as a judge who views a rebel into one as a father that views a child as it was in the beginning before the fall. In order to understand the grace of God you need to first understand the law and the severity of breaking it.

LittleLady

Established
No, christians don’t have to follow the Jewish law, even though all the laws are there, they were transformed by Jesus. That’s why christians are allowed to turn the lights on on saturdays and can ask God for forgiveness without having to pay the merchants at Jerusalem to do so. All the laws still exist in Christianity but were transformed, spiritualized, people became worshippers in spirit and in truth, not by blood or physical things.
Jesus‘ whole teaching refutes the pharaseic law. When he told people to pray in their rooms? That was illegal, prayer was only done in the temple of Jerusalem. when he asked who was justified, the Samaritan who helped someone in the road or the rabbi who stayed away from them because if he touched that lower class of people he would be ritually unclean? He said the Samaritan. When he helped people on the sabbath? When he stopped the Jews from stoning the woman caught in adultery? Etc. Jesus was murdered by the Jews because he broke their hypocritical laws at every turn, and showed that his righteousness was within,
woe to you scribes and Pharisees who keep all the laws but inside have hatred etc.
I have a bloodline that lines up with my creator, and I cannot dare NOT obey the law of God. If you just want to keep the 10 commandments, you can do that. I'm doing everything I am supposed to do by God.

Tidal

Star
God says he will give mercy on Israel...

Yeah, IF they become Christians.
Face it honeybun, there ain't no way hozay that nonchristians are gonna get through the pearlies, in fact if there are gonna be nonchristians in heaven I swear to God I don't wanna go..:)

I have a bloodline that lines up with my creator, and I cannot dare NOT obey the law of God. If you just want to keep the 10 commandments, you can do that. I'm doing everything I am supposed to do by God.
Lol you really think your bloodline is what matters? That’s where you put your faith? Your body is going to die and rot and mean nothing pretty soon, same with all of ours. The quality of soul is what matters to God.

if you really believe that’s what counts, you should be getting DNA tests. What if you have some blood from an East Indian? Or a Russian? You realize if your ancestors marry within the same family you’d be pretty much brain dead. So were all your ancestors carefully mixing only the purest black Hebrew blood? If not your done for. Hopefully there remains a single person on earth that God can love according to your views, but it’s not likely

Does that include the fourth commandment of the second and thus final edition of the Ten Commandments, ie. the sacrifice of your firstborn?

Tidal

Star

Speaking of bloodlines, I was born in the English midlands city of Leicester and my family go back generations in the area.
Throughout its 5000-year history Leicester has been occupied by cavemen, Romans, Vikings and Normans, so it's possible there's some of them in my DNA.
So which of their "gods" should I worship, or should I stick with the Christian one?.. ;)

PS- Rome's notorious 14th Legion was stationed in Leicester for a while, so perhaps one of my ancestors was a badass centurion and i've got his DNA, it'd certainly explain my awesome trophy-winning wargaming talents on the cyber battlefield.. :cool:

Last edited:

Tidal

Star
..I'm doing everything I am supposed to do by God.

I've been meaning to ask sweetheart, are you jewish?
If you are, God tells you you're supposed to listen to Jesus-
"This is my beloved son, listen to him" (Matt 17:5)
Will you listen SpocK?

"Affirmative, I'm all ears"

DavidSon

Star
The Bible is a book of dispensations. There is the dispensation of the law and then there is also the dispensation of grace. The old covenant reveals God as it pertains to his nature as a divine being of morality and perfect justice. It demonstrates the extent of mans sinfulness and Gods holiness and showcases the irreconcilable gulf between the two. It establishes allot of much needed context to the NT in regards to what it is that man needs to be saved from which is the eventual and sure condemnation that sin and rebellion brings from a just and holy God. The OT shows that purely according to the law we are all guilty and reveals Gods just punishment toward sin.

The NT reveals God as the father and his relatablity to man(as we are made in his image) that always existed, yet was shutup from the world cause of sin. In the OT men were classified as servants or rebels, because sinful man could be nothing more to a holy divine God due to sin. Jesus came to reconcile us back to the father through the adoption as sons or daughters which was the initial state of existence before the fall of man. Through Christ God can legally dismiss our case and revoke our sentence, because justice was satisfied on the cross through Christ. Gods predisposition toward us changed once our case was removed as it went from one as a judge who views a rebel into one as a father that views a child as it was in the beginning before the fall. In order to understand the grace of God you need to first understand the law and the severity of breaking it.
This post should be titled "Reflections Inside My Mental Prison". Such an unoriginal view, somewhere between the fantasies of Saul of Tarsus and John Darby.

We're free to our beliefs but I'm also free to say how contrived your theology is. Atonement theory is just that, a man-made theory. Good for you if you want to be trapped by theories like original sin. The tales of the OT and that tribe's understanding of the Almighty doesn't have to overlap the era of Jesus and the Essenes, into Islam and the modern day. I hesitate to use the word evolved, but man's understanding of our relationship with the universe has changed. It's fascinating because these shifts actually occurred in different regions at the same time.

Like I said the religion of the Sumerians 4000 years ago into an the age of smaller tribes like the Hebrews, into the spiritual reflections in the region (that were also influenced by beliefs from India to the Greek philosphers) is a vast subject, far beyond the limitations of Evangelical Dispensationalism.

Lyfe

Star
This post should be titled "Reflections Inside My Mental Prison". Such an unoriginal view, somewhere between the fantasies of Saul of Tarsus and John Darby.

We're free to our beliefs but I'm also free to say how contrived your theology is. Atonement theory is just that, a man-made theory. Good for you if you want to be trapped by theories like original sin. The tales of the OT and that tribe's understanding of the Almighty doesn't have to overlap the era of Jesus and the Essenes, into Islam and the modern day. I hesitate to use the word evolved, but man's understanding of our relationship with the universe has changed. It's fascinating because these shifts actually occurred in different regions at the same time.

Like I said the religion of the Sumerians 4000 years ago into an the age of smaller tribes like the Hebrews, into the spiritual reflections in the region (that were also influenced by beliefs from India to the Greek philosphers) is a vast subject, far beyond the limitations of Evangelical Dispensationalism.
Obviously it does since the there is much prefacing of the OT in the NT. You cant separate the two.

Lyfe

Star
Just tagging along the Tanakh (with a different book order) onto the front of your new testament canon doesn't make the two inseparable, anything but.
Umm... ok

We will just pretend all the ot references in the nt don't exist then.

LittleLady

Established
Lol you really think your bloodline is what matters? That’s where you put your faith? Your body is going to die and rot and mean nothing pretty soon, same with all of ours. The quality of soul is what matters to God.

if you really believe that’s what counts, you should be getting DNA tests. What if you have some blood from an East Indian? Or a Russian? You realize if your ancestors marry within the same family you’d be pretty much brain dead. So were all your ancestors carefully mixing only the purest black Hebrew blood? If not your done for. Hopefully there remains a single person on earth that God can love according to your views, but it’s not likely
Yes it does matter, but I can tell anyone who disagrees with me does not bother reading my main post from beginning to end, and I'm not going to make my fingers worn out from continuously repeating everything. If you want to know why I think this, go back and read everything.

LittleLady

Established
Speaking of bloodlines, I was born in the English midlands city of Leicester and my family go back generations in the area.
Throughout its 5000-year history Leicester has been occupied by cavemen, Romans, Vikings and Normans, so it's possible there's some of them in my DNA.
So which of their "gods" should I worship, or should I stick with the Christian one?.. ;)

PS- Rome's notorious 14th Legion was stationed in Leicester for a while, so perhaps one of my ancestors was a badass centurion and i've got his DNA, it'd certainly explain my awesome trophy-winning wargaming talents on the cyber battlefield.. :cool:

I believe I asked you not to call me any nicknames. If you want to disagree with me, that's fine. No point in you staying here any longer is that's the case.

Kung Fu

Superstar
By that logic I could attribute the OT to Moses or Jeremiahs or Isaiah's writings and not God....
They were prophets of God and God spoke to them. That's big difference between Paul who was a self appointed apostle lol.

Kung Fu

Superstar
What laws do Christians follow? Everytime I hear Christians say they don't need to follow any laws it just tells me you goes are a lawless people. Anarchy much?