The Triune god and paganism.

Daze

Superstar
Throughout history many pagans have worshiped "3 gods". Sometimes referred to as the Triad.
For many pagans past. 1+1+1.. really did equal 1.

Some of the source material uses the term triple deity. So we will use it.

A triple deity (sometimes referred to as threefold, tripled, triplicate, tripartite, triune or triadic, or as a trinity) is three deities that are worshiped as one. Such deities are common throughout world mythology. The number three has a long history of mythical associations. Carl Jung considered the arrangement of deities into triplets an archetype in the history of religion.

Let us begin with Hecate.
Hecate.jpg This is the Greek goddess Hecate portrayed in triplicate.

Hecate or Hekate is a goddess in ancient Greek religion and mythology, most often shown holding a pair of torches or a key and in later periods depicted in triple form. She is variously associated with crossroads, entrance-ways, night, light, magic, witchcraft, knowledge of herbs and poisonous plants, ghosts, necromancy, and sorcery.

Here is some various imagery of this pagan deity.

hek 1.png

hek 2.jpg

1616817617316.jpeg

Hecate is the Greek goddess of the three paths, guardian of the household, protector of everything newly born, and the goddess of witchcraft. She was once a widely revered and influential goddess, but her reputation has been tarnished over the centuries. In current times, she is usually depicted as a "hag" or old witch stirring the cauldron.

source

I do hope you all follow along as i add more content when time permits.

I believe this could be an interesting journey as we highlight and explore this intriguing topic in the days to come.

Many may not be aware but history is rich with "3 in 1" gods. I hope to compound and elaborate on this in time to come.

A Freeman

Superstar
Paganism and polytheism still plague ALL of the organized religions today, including the three "Abrahamic" religions that falsely claim to be monotheistic.

Talmudic Judaism is based upon its own made-up "traditions" (the Talmud), which make the Commandments of God of no effect (Matt. 15:3-9). The Talmud originated in Babylon, where the pagan Babylonian beliefs were mixed with the Old Covenant to form that evil organized religion, which murdered Jesus.

"Christianity" followed suit, adopting the pagan, nonsensical Babylonian 3=1 idol, commonly referred to as "the trinity", and teaching that evil tradition for the past 1700 years to all of its adherents, i.e. Roman Catholics (the Great Whore) and its protestant (harlot) daughters. The Romans are the direct descendants of the Babylonians (Sura 17:7), and the only race of people to ever destroy the one and only Temple God ever sanctioned to be built on this planet. They did it the first time as the Babylonians, c. 588 BC, when they destroyed Solomon's Temple, and again in 70 AD as the Romans, when they destroyed the rebuilt Temple (commonly referred to as Herod's Temple), but they are the same race of people.

"Islam" (Mohammedanism really) has done exactly the same thing, i.e.mixing its satanic traditions (the Hadith), which incorporate its pagan rites, rituals and idolatry, with the Koran (Quran), so they can pretend they don't worship Mohammad, a little black rock and a pagan temple.

NONE of these corporate organized religions are monotheistic, which means NONE of them serve God or do His Will. These organized religions only use and abuse God's Name for profit (not prophet), which is why Lucifer/Satan/Iblis created them and has used them to divide and conquer mankind, keeping people at war against each other for centuries.

All God has ever wanted is for mankind to treat one another with loving kindness and respect, not just for one another but for what is right, just and honorable in every situation, as found in His Perfect Law of Liberty, and as exemplified by His Christ.

Daze

Superstar
Continuing on with our "3 in 1" pagan gods of history, lets highlight Qetesh.

"Lady of heaven" Qetesh is a union of three other goddesses adopted into the ancient Egyptian religion from the religion of Canaan.
Namely Anat, Astarte, and Asherah.

qutesh.jpg

Qetesh was known as a fertility goddess of sacred ecstasy and sexual pleasure.

Qudshu-Astarte-Anat is a representation of a single goddess, who is a combination of the three goddesses.

It was a common practice for Canaanites and Egyptians to merge different deities through a process of syncretism, thereby turning them into one single entity.

3 stone.png

A depiction of Qetesh, the "Triple-Goddess Stone" was once owned by Winchester College. It shows the goddess Qetesh with the inscription "Qudshu-Astarte-Anat", displaying their association as being one goddess, and Qetesh (Qudshu) in place of Athirat. Qadshu is used as an epithet of Athirat, the Great Mother Goddess of the Canaanites. (source)

stele of Qetesh.jpg

On stele representing the deity, Qetesh.

She is usually represented as a frontal nude standing on a lion, often between Min of Egypt and the Canaanite warrior god Resheph. She holds a snake in one hand and a bouquet of lotus flowers in the other as symbols of creation.

qet mer.jpg

The video has a robotic "text to speech" voice (which i find annoying), but i thought I'd include it for those interested in extra content.

The Agrarian

Veteran
C'mon guys. This is like, smooth-brain-in-his-mom's-basement-tier arguments against a doctrine that has debated and studied for thousands of years.

Daze

Superstar
C'mon guys. This is like, smooth-brain-in-his-mom's-basement-tier arguments against a doctrine that has debated and studied for thousands of years.
I'm simply pointing out for millennia civilizations have combined 3 gods into one. There are still dozens of examples that i need to add, but it takes time because research is needed for images and what not.

There is nothing to debate. If you wish to tie this thread in with Christianity... well you have to consider the other pagan rites as well, such as Easter, Christmas, while Valentines has pagan origins idk if you can consider that a Christian "holy-day"? I'd rather not go into it here because theres enough content there for a thread all on its own.

Don't think i need to highlight early Christians sacrificed many beliefs to entertain converts, do i? This info is easily found as well as its in the churches history. If i was to specifically highlight Christianity and Paganism, well that thread could require pages because there's actually alot.

Anyway, while i haven't mentioned Christians (you have), this thread is about civilizations for millennia worshiping some sort of 3 in 1 god. I really dont want to get into the 90+ verses in the Bible that reject the divinity of Jesus. We are all free to follow whatever path we like.

Peace.

Journeyman

Established
I'm simply pointing out for millennia civilizations have combined 3 gods into one. There are still dozens of examples that i need to add, but it takes time because research is needed for images and what not.

There is nothing to debate. If you wish to tie this thread in with Christianity... well you have to consider the other pagan rites as well, such as Easter, Christmas, while Valentines has pagan origins idk if you can consider that a Christian "holy-day"? I'd rather not go into it here because theres enough content there for a thread all on its own.

Don't think i need to highlight early Christians sacrificed many beliefs to entertain converts, do i? This info is easily found as well as its in the churches history. If i was to specifically highlight Christianity and Paganism, well that thread could require pages because there's actually alot.

Anyway, while i haven't mentioned Christians (you have), this thread is about civilizations for millennia worshiping some sort of 3 in 1 god. I really dont want to get into the 90+ verses in the Bible that reject the divinity of Jesus. We are all free to follow whatever path we like.

Peace.
I appreciate the effort you're putting into this and I think it's a very interesting topic in and of itself. It's certainly something I've thought long and hard about, lacking any direct revelation of my own but finding many devout and genuine people on either side of this debate who are adamant that their position is correct.

I appreciate it's going to offend people due to the theological implications, but I don't think you're doing anything wrong in raising the subject, any more than anyone raising the doubts they may have about Islamic theology would be.

I don't have anything germane to contribute right now, because I need some time to think about the examples you've already provided. I will hopefully be able to participate later however.

Alanantic

Star
Then there's the Hindu trinity; Brahma, Vishnu, & Shiva. Hindu gods in the exoteric traditions are like a family, and it's a big family. Esoterically, The Vedas see God as One, Unknowable without attributes, Brahman. The trinity is more like 3 jobs done by one person; i.e. a small town sheriff may also be the judge and the preacher. Brahman is; Brahma the Creator, Vishnu the Sustainer, & Shiva the Destroyer(Entropy). I think Vishnu is the only aspect that incarnates.

floss

Star
Husband + Wife + Son + Daughter = One Family
(4 in 1) all distinguishable roles

CEO + CFO + VP + PM + HR = One Company/Organization
(5 in 1) all distinguisable roles

Trinity = Tri Unity = Three United God
Father + Son + Holy Spirit = God
(3 in 1) all distinguishable role

Christians believe in One God mean that there is only ONE TRUE GOD existed in unity as the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. There are other gods but they are NOT the creator God, rather a created being. The Father, Son, and Holy Spirit works together to create this Matrix. No other gods has this power beside the TriForce. Yall are so caught up with the word ONE.

There is only one true creator God and that is the Trinity God.

Last edited:

Daze

Superstar
Well aren't you funny HAHA...but serious question you was first with what & who copied who.
Who copied who? That's a good question.

How can you mimic what was first?
This is also relevant.

Question is how do we know what was first? We can take what we do know and this is 3 specific religions at the bare minimum all claim to know who Prophet Abraham was and all claim to worship the same God that Abraham worshiped.

Don't think you need me to tell you these are Judaism, Christianity and Islam. While Muslims believe the very first man Adam was a Muslim lets put that aside for now.

Of those mentioned 3 faiths, history recognizes Judaism to be first. Do the Jews worship Jesus?
2nd faith are the Christians, while most see Jesus as god incarnate a good 10% don't.
3rd is Islam and they believe the same as the Jews do. God the Father / Yahweh alone is worthy of worship.

Maybe in some way that clarifies what was "first". If anyone is looking for answers they should look into what groups in that area and time period believed in. Such as the pagan Egyptian / Canaan god above is 3 in one.

Since Easter is this weekend, you might want to ask yourself what rabbits and eggs have to do with the death and resurrection of Jesus.

There are a dozen or so tri-gods i still need to add to this thread but one who ties in very closely with Christiainty I'll save for last, that is if Alanantic doesn't beat me to it. I see he's already added Brahman, whose the modern day Hindu 3 in 1.

God alone can show you the truth, but you have to ask him, and Him alone to lead you to it.

Last edited:

Alanantic

Star
Actually, I think the Hindu Vedas came first.

"Initially, the Veda were not written down but were transferred from one generation of Rishis to other by vocal means. So, Vedas are essentially the heard ones and were described as “Shruti.” It is only about 5000-7000 years ago that Vedas were penned down for the benefit of mankind. However, Vedas existed several thousands of years ago before being actually written in textual format."

Maldarker

Star
Who copied who? That's a good question.

This is also relevant.

Question is how do we know what was first? We can take what we do know and this is 3 specific religions at the bare minimum all claim to know who Prophet Abraham was and all claim to worship the same God that Abraham worshiped.

Don't think you need me to tell you these are Judaism, Christianity and Islam. While Muslims believe the very first man Adam was a Muslim lets put that aside for now.

Of those mentioned 3 faiths, history recognizes Judaism to be first. Do the Jews worship Jesus?
2nd faith are the Christians, while most see Jesus as god incarnate a good 10% don't.
3rd is Islam and they believe the same as the Jews do. God the Father / Yahweh alone is worthy of worship.

Maybe in some way that clarifies what was "first". If anyone is looking for answers they should look into what groups in that area and time period believed in. Such as the pagan Egyptian / Canaan god above is 3 in one.

Since Easter is this weekend, you might want to ask yourself what rabbits and eggs have to do with the death and resurrection of Jesus.

There are a dozen or so tri-gods i still need to add to this thread but one who ties in very closely with Christiainty I'll save for last, that is if Alanantic doesn't beat me to it. I see he's already added Brahman, whose the modern day Hindu 3 in 1.

God alone can show you the truth, but you have to ask him, and Him alone to lead you to it.
Now where discussing!

Haich

Superstar
The best analogy i've seen for the trinity was that its like water - ice, water and vapor are all still just water.
But those are 3 completely different states that have different properties and forms. They’re not equal in any sense of the word. Isn’t the idea of the trinity that all 3 states/representations of God are equal?

I have heard of the infamous egg analogy and recently an old school friend used marriage to exemplify it. She said you and your husband are a couple, a unit but you’re also different in terms of form and role.

I’m just not convinced in the slightest that it makes any logical sense. Objectively speaking, you can’t be 3 persons but also equal as one unit. Who would get the final say on matters? There would be disagreements.

Last edited:

Haich

Superstar
It’s important to note that with regards to the trinity, Jesus himself prays to the father. Jesus also says he doesn’t know the hour. So what was divine about Jesus then if he’s totally reliant on The Father? if you concede there’s a hierarchy within the triune God head then you have to conclude that Jesus isn’t equal to the Father but rather subordinate.

I just don’t think you can ignore this and also I don’t know why some Christians don’t look at the sources of their scripture. Who are these ‘enlightened’ men and why are there so many conflicting verses regards to Jesus and his divinity?