The Trailer Thread - Upcoming Releases

Hrmmm, looks good. Considering they kept flashing Ridley's name on the screen, I guess they're trying to let the audience know it's the same guy that directed the original...? What's also interesting is in a cast of 15, only 1/2 dozen or so are American.

As well, Katherine Waterston is the lead, which might be good sign, too - not sure. If her acting's like her father's, she might be able to make her character vulnerable yet strong ... like the way Sam did in "Law and Order" and "I'll Fly Away".

However, I'll wait 'til it's on Netflix. I see the CGI in the alien, and that sucks. I liked the ones in the first two movies where they used people in costumes, or puppeteers manipulating the figure, which made the ugly beast(s) extra creepy!

TC1968

Established
I just watched this last night
Great throwback to the 80's horror - think early Carpenter or Cronenberg. It also has all the prerequisite symbolism.

Leviathan

Established
I personally think Boris Karloff is 10,000 times better than Tom Cruise and know this will never stand up to the classics. They were simple and elegant whereas this film looks to be a 100 million dollar, special effects filled extravaganza. But I still can't help but be curious to see how the "Dark Universe" franchise will turn out, how they'll modernize all the classics, and what fans of old fashioned Gothic horror will think of them all.

Crackps